Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ive gotten 5 shiny floatzels so far and i think i will try shooting for the record, if there is one. i have plenty of repels and lots of poke balls.

I also have over 5 boxes empty, and what broke lorak chain wont brake mine since im in a very big area so it almost never gets edge ones unless i reset in a bad spot. Ive also read about all your chains breaking off of it so im not even going to go for it if one even appears on the edge.

Also is the odds of a shiny appearing the same at a chain of 40 as it is 80? Since in the guide it says your odds are maximized at 40.
Yep, you can't maximize your odds any further after 40.

o jeeze then this is going to take longer then i thought. All i have to do is make sure i dont go into the wrong patch by accident and im good.
All you have to do is run around and recharge the radar and reset, you don't have to go in patches.

Here's two batches of my shiny modest swablu, listing the best

1) Modest - 25/x/23/15/20/31 - shame about the sp.atk =(
2) Modest - 21/x/20/30/23/14 - not that bad.
3) Modest - 15/x/3/30/28/25 - Hp ground 44(not useable really tho) great for 252 sp.atk/speed et.

I got a good defensive bold one:
21/x/26/25/27/19

I'm really aiming for 17+/x/15+/25+/15+/28+ modest swablu, guess I gotta keep chaining.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Best four Nidoran Ms from the 112 shinies in Dive Balls:
Rash M Nidoran (Ri): 27 / 30 / 23 / 31 / 13 / 22 (HP Psychic 49)
Rash M Nidoran (PP): 1 / 30 / 24 / 31 / 18 / 15 (HP Bug 66)
Adamant M Nidoran (PP): 3 / 27 / 29 / 30 / 31 / 25 (HP Electric 62)
Relaxed M Nidoran (Ri): 25 / 25 / 29 / 24 / 26 / 13 (HP Ground 50)

First Rash one is pretty good. And the Adamant one is useable too...

Just trying to do my first chaining project ...

Edit: I suck ...
Where is the best place to chain Shinx?

Lorak - Pretty nice, but a little disappointing after catching so many I'd imagine. Great job nevertheless.

Forbidden - I think the better question would be how did I not get a good Modest one for you? I caught more with Modest synchs than with Adamant. And also one of my two great Adamant ones came while chaining for Modest ones (after switching synchs mid-chain).

...still no regrets about using Masterballs, haha.

Edit: ROFL! You would make that comment about despising Masterballs on your shiny Metagross, jerk. Props on the Magnemite though, it pwns mine. Those are the IV's I wanted on your Modest Metagross. >.> Did you ever go for a Modest Meta of your own when chaining? I'm guessing you've only done Adamant from what you've told me.

I don`t have Wifi here so i desided to chain. I`ve been chaining Houndoom for two days now and finally got to 40. I`ve got two shiny Houndoom.

Mild #229 Houndoom 9-12 / 0-3 / 0-4 / 14-17 / 24-27 / 31

Hasty #229 Houndoom 13-16 / 12-15 / 13-16 / 0-2 / 10-14

hp/atk/def/sp.atk/sp.def/spd

Adamant - simple - 19 / 8 / 19 / 7 / 25 / 10
Adamant - simple - 18 / 3 / 14 / 23 / 31 / 1
Adamant - simple - 17 / 13 / 5 / 31 / 15 / 17
Adamant - unaware - 8 / 22 / 10 / 30 / 28 / 10
jolly - unaware - 21 / 13 / 25 / 31 / 16 / 13
quiet - simple - 16 / 7 / 30 / 23 / 3 / 30

Yeah, they're horrible ;__; and I like how half of them got 30-31 spAtk!

I'm going to Chain for Shinx, but where is the best area? I know they can be found above Sandgem and Floaroma, but are there other better places?

speaking of early shinies.....

i decided to chain duskull. not to get anything good (because lack of pain split is a bit annoying). but to help my collection grow. and because i wanted a real challenge (2% appearence rate). anyway, i got a shiny on the 6th link. so i decided to just go kamikaze, and i went into every 4-away that didnt look too bad. i got 3 more shinies - 2 before 40, and one after. and this is what i came up with (with no synchronizer):

1. lax 19 5 5 8 12 4
2. sassy 4 26 7 1 1 5
3. bashful 15 20 19 8 16 4
4. modest 31 31 31 6 21 23

look how crap the first two are, and how utterly ridiculously brilliant the 4th is. if only it didnt have the WORST nature for those stats.....

so, how to construct a good dusknoir moveset that doesnt need pain split. any ideas?

speaking of early shinies.....

i decided to chain duskull. not to get anything good (because lack of pain split is a bit annoying). but to help my collection grow. and because i wanted a real challenge (2% appearence rate). anyway, i got a shiny on the 6th link. so i decided to just go kamikaze, and i went into every 4-away that didnt look too bad. i got 3 more shinies - 2 before 40, and one after. and this is what i came up with (with no synchronizer):

1. lax 19 5 5 8 12 4
2. sassy 4 26 7 1 1 5
3. bashful 15 20 19 8 16 4
4. modest 31 31 31 6 21 23

look how crap the first two are, and how utterly ridiculously brilliant the 4th is. if only it didnt have the WORST nature for those stats.....

so, how to construct a good dusknoir moveset that doesnt need pain split. any ideas?
LOL at the Modest one... IDK, ask someone in the Simple Questions thread...

Hey guys, I'm trying to learn how to chain shinies. I read through your guide diesel, but can you/whoever else chains amazingly explain to me how the whole quadrant thing works? It's a bit confusing...

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey guys, I'm trying to learn how to chain shinies. I read through your guide diesel, but can you/whoever else chains amazingly explain to me how the whole quadrant thing works? It's a bit confusing...

These are quadrants. If I remember right:
Clumping of all four in one is bad.
Isolation of fourth from others in a clump is bad.

Alright, so that means that the entire ds screem makes up the 4 quadrants than? Meaning that there are a total of 196 spots on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)