lol combo?

Just something a bit different I was thinking about...

Cresselia@Leftovers
(Levitate)
[Bold/Calm/whatever]
-Sunny Day
-Moonlight
-Ice Beam
-Charge Beam

Tangrowth@Grass Root/Leftovers
(Chlorophyll/Leaf Guard)
[Impish]
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Knock Off
-Power Whip

Houndoom@Choice Specs
(Flash Fire)
[Timid/Naive]
-Fire Blast
-Overheat
-Dark Pulse
-Sludge Bomb/HP Something

or

Rapidash@Life Orb/Choice Band
(Flash Fire)
[Jolly/Naive]
-Flare Drive
-Megahorn
-Return/Double-Edge
-Will O Wisp/Solarbeam

The idea here is after Tyranitar is down, bring out the sun and use the resistances/traits of the other 'mons to cause some havoc. I gave Rapidash as an option since Houndoom makes the trio a bit weak to Weavile [without CB]...

I guess its nothing spectacular, but a cool idea maybe?

Maybe Double Edge on Rapidash...just for the power.

I wanted Leaf Guard to absorb status kinda, but the speed boost would be nice for a fast sleep/seed.

I'm not too fond of Schemedoom...I like the Specs set better as it's a bit too fragile.

I love Sunnybeam. I have a Vileplume on Diamond with...

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Modest
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-HP Fire
-Sleep Powder

I use it in 3vs3 Stadium Style (the only type of battle that I like to play) and I have downed so many OU's with this set, it's hilarious. Sleep Powder to laugh at dragons and some other random shit that tries to wall me. Sure, Sleep Power misses occasionally, but I play for fun, anyway, so it doesn't bother me. Such an underestimated Poke. I still need a Fire type to pair it up with, so I was considering Ninetales with HP Rock to come in on Fire types.

But I digress... If I were you, I'd consider Ninetales over Houndoom. It's faster, a little bit sturdier, has a better typing and can sleep stuff with Hypnosis. You could argue that it's got lower Sp. Atk, but unlike Houndoom, Ninetales can sleep an opponent so that it actually has a turn to use Nasty Plot. ;) Go with Hypnosis/Nasty Plot/Fire Blast/HP Rock with Wide Lens as your hold item and you're set. Also, for lots of fun, I would try Heat Rock on that Cresselia. No leftovers hurts its survivability a bit, but Tangrowth will thank you for it since it gets more turns to take advantage of Sunny Day. That's what I would do anyway, since Vileplume is the heart of my 3vs3 team.

Heatran would be better in the Fire slot. Resists all of Tangrowths and Cresselias weaknesses and has a lot more power.

Heatran would be better in the Fire slot. Resists all of Tangrowths and Cresselias weaknesses and has a lot more power.
True. But I figured that if he wanted a Pokemon like Heatran, he would've chosen it. People have a lot of reasons for choosing the Pokemon that they do. I recommended Ninetales because it's a least similar to Houndoom in the sense that they are both canines...

But if it's not aesthetics that you're concerned about, than yeah, Heatran is generally better.

arcanine is an option, he can howl extreme speed, flare blitz, he gets intimidate and just good stats all around, although his movepool (like most fire types) is kinda weak

Simchao, setting aside the horrible stereotype perpetuated in your quote and bad opinion, look up the word tact, I don't think it is what you are looking for- maybe tactics?

Edit: To keep it more on the subject of the combo here... I don't see much success for it. Between the auto-weather change pokes, you still have to manage to set-up Sunny Day and bring in the supported poke without them getting killed. Its a nice idea, but with the way everything hits in D/P...

More to the point on that sig, what's wrong with the brute force approach anyway? If the objective is to win with a given ruleset, and the most effective way is a pile of heavy hitting instead of tactics, then why bother with them? Work smarter, not harder.

above 2 posters said:
stuff about sig.
keep it to PM imo.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna use Heatran [Scarf probably, maybe Life Orb or Wise Glasses]. Don't know why I didn't think of him sooner, especially as I have one trained. I guess I just think Houndoom/Rapidash are cooler lol.

Yeah, what was the idea behind heatran anyway? Infernape is a good fire type can hit incredibly hard with flare blitz sunny day and also close combat if you like him

Yeah I know, but the main reason behind Houndoom/Rapidash/Heatran was Flash Fire, to absorb Tangrowths main weakness and easily take Ice Beams.

arcanine is an option, he can howl extreme speed, flare blitz, he gets intimidate and just good stats all around, although his movepool (like most fire types) is kinda weak
Oh yeah. I forgot about Arcanine. <_< I still like Ninetales better, because Hypnosis is fun.

More to the point on that sig, what's wrong with the brute force approach anyway?
... I don't like it? Dragon Dancing once and sweeping the entire game is not everyone's idea of fun. (Updated Sig, for dave XD)

If the objective is to win with a given ruleset, and the most effective way is a pile of heavy hitting instead of tactics, then why bother with them? Work smarter, not harder.
Because it's boring as hell and I play games to have fun. I've seen people get flamed for not using all standard Pokemon, so I see no reason why I should be subtle about my hate for all-standard teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)