Resource Little Cup Team Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm on mobile right now and for some reason I can't scroll in textboxes on mobile so I had to be brief. Basically what I meant was that they have very different roles since Snubs is a bulky Intimidater that spreads TWaves while Spritz is a cleric and/or wincon (if you use CM). The two roles are very different and I thought both of them could fit well on a stall/bulky offense build without sharing too many checks to the roles. Sorry for the confusion.
Just curious, how do they have different checks? Any Fire-, Poison-, or Steel-type is checking both of them other than a couple that fear Earthquake, but the majority can easily check both. Even something like Ponyta that's weak to Earthquake still checks Snubbull, while a ton of these types of pokemon aren't even weak to it such as Larvesta, Gastly, Foongus and Ferroseed. I honestly cant think of a pokemon that checks Snubbull and not Spritzee other than Porygon kinda doing that with Trace Intimidate.

Last edited:

Alright, so this team is built around Infamy's dual fairy core. And as requested, it's not hyper offensive and has more of a defensive approach. Snubbull is a great Thunder Wave spammer and has a great physical STAB in Play Rough. Berry Juice will lengthen its longevity and once it's gone you can use Thief to steal yourself an item from your opponent, preferably an Eviolite or another Berry Juice. Spritzee acts as a cleric with Aromatherapy in case Snubbull gets paralyzed, frozen, or most importantly, burned. So far, this core is extremely weak to Croagunk and Pawniard. To make this easier for the two fairies, Hippopotas acts as a defensive wall against these two with reliable recovery in Slack Off. Earthquake can 2HKO Eviolite Pawniard and have a chance to OHKO standard mixed Croagunk. Hippopotas is also used for Stealth Rocks to limit switch ins so that Timburr can get some more KOes. Munchlax is a great special-oriented wall with great HP to Pursuit trap Abra and Gastly, two wallbreakers that can easily hinder most of this team. Resttalk is on it so that it has access to recovery, the ability to win against Foongus, and to survive much longer against other pokemon while it keeps attacking. Snubbull and Spritzee will cover Munchlax's weakness to fighting types. Timburr is the next mon because of its ability to efficiently check Pawniard with Mach Punch and absorb status primarily from Ponyta, Ferroseed, and Pumpkaboo to activate its Guts ability. Timburr also acts as your win condition with Bulk Up and can definitely clean up late game with Stealth Rock support and Abra out of the way. Staryu is for Rapid Spinning out hazards and has Psychic to lure and OHKO Croagunk, something that can deal with the fairy core, Munchlax, and Timburr. Hope you enjoy the team. Special thanks to Brazilian Army for helping me with this.

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'd like you to build something around physicall Carvanha and EQ Croagunk twogether. I realized it's a good core since Croagunk deals with most of Carv's counters (fighting types, other croagunks, Cottonee, Ferroseed, fairies generally, etc.) and vice versa (Carv deals with Drilbur and some psychic types). I built something around it but the team didn't work that good, so I chall you. It's easily broken by ZH Pancham and Fletchling, so be sure you have a check for them :)

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Here is the physical Carvanha / EQ Croagunk team as requested by Sken. As Sken pointed out, the core was quite weak to Fletchling, so I decided to design the Carvanha set to defeat Fletchling in a 1v1 scenario. Choice Band Ice Fang almost always OHKOs Fletchling, while Fletchling almost never OHKOs in return with Acrobatics with the given EVs, assuming Carvanha is at full health, and only OHKOs a bit under half the time after Stealth Rock. The EVs also allow Carvanha to usually survive Timburr's Mach Punch and Croagunk's Vaccuum Wave after Stealth Rock. Choice Band was used so that Carvanha can 2HKO Timburr and Mienfoo switch-ins with Waterfall and Foongus switch-ins with Crunch. After that, I decided to run Work Up Croagunk to break walls. Gunk Shot is Croagunk's most powerful attack, while Earthquake, as Sken requested, hits opposing Croagunk and Skrelp, and Vacuum Wave gives Croagunk more general utility. 14 Speed is hit to outspeed and revenge-kill weakened Fletchling. I then chose Archen to check Fletchling and set up Stealth Rock, and decided to run a set that would help Croagunk in breaking walls. Heat Wave 2HKOs Ferroseed regardless of whether Archen is Jolly or Naive, so I decided to keep a Jolly nature to avoid the OHKO from Abra at full health. Head Smash 2HKOs physically defensive Slowpoke and everything less bulky, and Earthquake is for coverage. I then decided that I needed a method to bait out Chinchou, in particular the HP Psychic variant that heavily threatened the team. Drawing inspiration from its ADV LC set, I decided to run Thief Elekid, who can almost always KO Eviolite Chinchou switch-ins after Stealth Rock with a combination of two Psychics, a Thief and another Psychic, while Berry Juice Chinchou switch-ins are usually beaten after Stealth Rock by Psychic, Substitute, Substitute, Substitute, Thief, Psychic. I chose Thief with a Timid nature so that Elekid could still survive max SpA Chinchou's Hydro Pump from full health and Jolly Choice Scarf Buizel's Waterfall after Stealth Rock. Of course even with Elekid, I realized that I still needed a Chinchou switch-in, and Snivy was the first thing that came to mind. This Snivy acts as an anti-Dwebble lead provided they do not have X-Scissor, allowing Snivy to Taunt Dwebble and then KO it. Knock Off and Glare are both excellent utility moves that can cripple a variety of switch-ins; Glare in particular is useful for helping the first three members of this team possibly pull off a late-game sweep. Giga Drain acts as a reliable STAB move that also provides Snivy with a bit of survivability. At this point, I realized that the team was weak to Foongus as all teams should be, and came to the conclusion that Eviolite RestTalk Magnemite would be a natural fit. This set is able to check Spritzee non-Overheat Fletchling in addition to the aforementioned Foongus, and can PP stall out the likes of Porygon and Lickitung. Analytic is used to heavily damage switch-ins such as Water Absorb Chinchou, but 11 Speed is maintained so that Magnemite can safely Volt Switch out of Timburr.

Carvanha @ Choice Band
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 188 Atk / 108 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Work Up

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 4 SpA / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Heat Wave
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Elekid @ Berry Juice
Ability: Static
EVs: 12 Atk / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Thief

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 156 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Glare
- Giga Drain
- Taunt

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PISTOLERO

i made a team with numel

Basically Numel has a really cool unique typing that I wanted to make the most of with this team. It is a fantastic switch in to Poison-types, as well as Fire-, Grass-, and Steel-types. Because of these qualities, I thought it would work well on a Bulky Offense team containing Spritzee and Timburr. Numel can easily switch into the Poison-types that can stop these two sweeping with Calm Mind and Bulk Up respectively. It also switches into other threats that can threaten Spritzee or Timburr, such as non-HP Ground Magnemite, Larvesta, Ferroseed to name a few. Spritzee can also help heal Numel with Wish. So there was the basis of my team. I really wanted a Water-type switch-in to take hits for Numel, and I chose Foongus. It easily switches into Chinchou and Staryu, and also helps with Swords Dance Pancham who can beat the core I have. Next, I was really weak to birds and Gastly. Pawniard came into the team here, who is a more offensive switch-in to Fairy-types than Foongus is, and provides me with another win condition and more priority. I feel that priority is really important in a bulky offense team. Finally, I wanted a secondary switch into BirdSpam, as well as Spin or Defog support since I knew this team would rely on switching around a lot. I went with Archen because it is strong and therefore can give a little extra offensive presence. I went with a slightly weird Archen set, it is fast with eviolite. I wanted Roost and Eviolite so it can switch into threats throughout the match, but I also wanted it to be fast so it can hit Eviolite Pawniard with an Earthquake. As for the Numel set itself, it is 3 attacks + Stealth Rock. I know you mentioned Simple in your post, but to be honest these sets are often gimmicky and force the team to be centered around it. This Numel set means that Numel is used in a more supportive pivot role. Hidden Power Electric is essentially for Archen and Mantyke and not much else. (most water-types are hit harder by Earth Power anyway). Main threats to watch out for are Croagunk, who is a good switch-in to Pawniard, Timburr, Spritzee. If you see Croagunk it's good to try and keep Numel healthy with Spritzee's wishes. Other threats include Psychic Staryu, if Foongus gets Knocked Off and HP Fight Abra, if Spritzee gets Knocked Off.
Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Def / 240 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Stealth Rock

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy / Calm Mind

Timburr @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Archen @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 100 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Last edited:

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Here is the physical Carvanha / EQ Croagunk team as requested by Sken. As Sken pointed out, the core was quite weak to Fletchling, so I decided to design the Carvanha set to defeat Fletchling in a 1v1 scenario. Choice Band Ice Fang almost always OHKOs Fletchling, while Fletchling almost never OHKOs in return with Acrobatics with the given EVs, assuming Carvanha is at full health, and only OHKOs a bit under half the time after Stealth Rock. The EVs also allow Carvanha to usually survive Timburr's Mach Punch and Croagunk's Vaccuum Wave after Stealth Rock. Choice Band was used so that Carvanha can 2HKO Timburr and Mienfoo switch-ins with Waterfall and Foongus switch-ins with Crunch. After that, I decided to run Work Up Croagunk to break walls. Gunk Shot is Croagunk's most powerful attack, while Earthquake, as Sken requested, hits opposing Croagunk and Skrelp, and Vacuum Wave gives Croagunk more general utility. 14 Speed is hit to outspeed and revenge-kill weakened Fletchling. I then chose Archen to check Fletchling and set up Stealth Rock, and decided to run a set that would help Croagunk in breaking walls. Heat Wave 2HKOs Ferroseed regardless of whether Archen is Jolly or Naive, so I decided to keep a Jolly nature to avoid the OHKO from Abra at full health. Head Smash 2HKOs physically defensive Slowpoke and everything less bulky, and Earthquake is for coverage. I then decided that I needed a method to bait out Chinchou, in particular the HP Psychic variant that heavily threatened the team. Drawing inspiration from its ADV LC set, I decided to run Thief Elekid, who can almost always KO Eviolite Chinchou switch-ins after Stealth Rock with a combination of two Psychics, a Thief and another Psychic, while Berry Juice Chinchou switch-ins are usually beaten after Stealth Rock by Psychic, Substitute, Substitute, Substitute, Thief, Psychic. I chose Thief with a Timid nature so that Elekid could still survive max SpA Chinchou's Hydro Pump from full health and Jolly Choice Scarf Buizel's Waterfall after Stealth Rock. Of course even with Elekid, I realized that I still needed a Chinchou switch-in, and Snivy was the first thing that came to mind. This Snivy acts as an anti-Dwebble lead provided they do not have X-Scissor, allowing Snivy to Taunt Dwebble and then KO it. Knock Off and Glare are both excellent utility moves that can cripple a variety of switch-ins; Glare in particular is useful for helping the first three members of this team possibly pull off a late-game sweep. Giga Drain acts as a reliable STAB move that also provides Snivy with a bit of survivability. At this point, I realized that the team was weak to Foongus as all teams should be, and came to the conclusion that Eviolite RestTalk Magnemite would be a natural fit. This set is able to check Spritzee non-Overheat Fletchling in addition to the aforementioned Foongus, and can PP stall out the likes of Porygon and Lickitung. Analytic is used to heavily damage switch-ins such as Water Absorb Chinchou, but 11 Speed is maintained so that Magnemite can safely Volt Switch out of Timburr.

Carvanha @ Choice Band
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 188 Atk / 108 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Work Up

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 4 SpA / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Heat Wave
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Elekid @ Berry Juice
Ability: Static
EVs: 12 Atk / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Thief

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 156 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Glare
- Giga Drain
- Taunt

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
I love you.

I want to build a team around pancham, drilbur, and hippopotas and I need Jesus (or a lot of help from people here, either one works)

I would like to have built a VoltTurn team. I would like it to consist of Mienfoo, Chinchou and Pancham. I would like Pancham and Mienfoo to possible be sweepers but it is up to you on how you want it. I would also like it to counter Chinchou because they are on like everyone team and I really hate them. I also would like to have 1 sweeper and 1 hazard creator. The sweeper can be Mienfoo or Pancham but that may be hard. Since I saw someone else do a volturn I might get declined but I have a differ team in mind.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Levi usin my set and EVs on Snivy so proud (i run synth over giga actually but im stil happy snivy gettin out there)

hi nerds i want a bd ziggy team and im too lazy to build it myself
basically i dont have any easy teams to use for laddering and i want to ladder but im not good at teambuilding
bonus points if ho
ziggy is rly good rn with the proper support, i like ziggy its fun and easy to wear use
things i want on the team:
  • bd zig obv
  • trapper can be trapinch (lol) goth or diggy
  • memento support like cotton or stunke
  • maybe screens tho prolly not
  • not completely reliant on ziggy as wincon, ie put a secondary wincon on the team
  • doesnt lose to birdspam/pawn/chou/fighting spam/other dumb shit
  • pancham would be cool but i dont need it, if you think it fits well then use it but dont make the team worse by trying to use cham
  • dont use shitty brazilian army stall mons
  • if it isnt ho i will kill your family
  • actually a good team so i can use for splc laddering
EDIT: BONUS POINTS FOR USING WYNAUT

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Unfortunately I can't turn water to wine, but hopefully this will suffice for In The HM01's request. For the requested Hippopotas + Drilbur core, I decided to go the fairly straightforward Eviolite Hippopotas / Life Orb Drilbur route. However, from my past experiences using this core, I realized that 4 turns was simply not enough for Drilbur to sweep, compounded by how difficult it is to get Drilbur in safely given its shared typing with Hippopotas, so I decided to turn Pancham into another win condition with its Swords Dance set. Chinchou was added to check Fletchling, provide paralysis support for Pancham and post-Sand Drilbur to sweep more easily, and heal off the team's status conditions. Foongus was chosen for its good synergy with Chinchou; it is able to repeatedly switch into a variety of Water-types while soft checking opposing Fighting-types. Clear Smog is run over Sludge Bomb because Foongus is this team's main check to Bulk Up Timburr, and Hidden Power Fire is used over Hidden Power Fighting to lure in and 2HKO Ferroseed early on in the match. This left the team quite weak to Abra and Gastly, so I decided to include Choice Scarf Pawniard to Pursuit trap Gastly and Life Orb Abra and bring Focus Sash Abra down to its sash. Thunder Wave may seem odd on a choice user, but Acrobatics Mienfoo heavily threatens this team, so I needed a way to cripple it other than Knock Off; Pawniard is also able to paralyze certain Pokemon that would be unlikely to come in on Chinchou, such as Ponyta and Choice Scarf Scraggy, and other than that, just provides general Knock Off support so Drilbur and Pancham can more easily KO bulkier Pokemon.

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 140 HP / 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Spore

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade

Eren Yeagar and I built a team around Mienfoo/Chinchou/Pancham as requested by ShadowGuy1. For the most part, we went with the most obvious build for those three Pokemon, with standard fast Eviolite Mienfoo carrying Taunt to deter hazard leads, Berry Juice Chinchou to check Fletchling and several other threats, and Swords Dance Pancham to take advantage of Mienfoo breaking down common switch-ins for Fighting-types and to satisfy the request for a Fighting-type win condition. Chinchou was run with maximum speed to surprise faster offensive Pokemon with powerful attacks, and HP Psychic was chosen as a coverage move to better take on Croagunk. A Chinchou counter was requested, so Wooper was included; although Wooper is understandably not very common and often considered a gimmick, it serves as a hard counter to all Chinchou variants lacking Soak or Hidden Power Grass, both of which are rare and frankly not very good moves to run (Hidden Power Ground is more useful to hit Magnemite); Wooper is also able to take on Tirtouga, Omanyte, and non-Seed Bomb Zigzagoon. The team thus far was left extremely weak to Foongus, so Chespin was included; the usual Spikes set was used, save for Aerial Ace, which allows Chespin to beat Hidden Power Fire and Clear Smog variants of Foongus. Archen rounds out the team by providing Stealth Rock and hazard removal support for the team while acting as another check for Fletchling.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Taunt

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Heal Bell

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 140 HP / 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance

Wooper @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover

Chespin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 68 HP / 28 Atk / 236 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Aerial Ace
- Spikes

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Defog

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How do you teambuild with your alt? I don't see that working out...

However, I'd like a SD Cubone + Houndour team please.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
New year, time to learn a new meta!

Anyway, I'd like a Banded Corpish team please. I saw it in the Hidden Gems thread & it seemed cool & I wanted to try it out for myself.

Can I get a hyper offensive team centered around Belly Drum ESpeed Zizgagon and Memento cottonee. I would like counters to some of the most popular walls like spirtzee and chinchou. Thank you!

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is TogekicksUrButt's Trick Room Inkay team. Inkay is pretty standard, with the only unique aspect being Destiny Bond in the 4th slot; Trick Room is slashed as well if you feel you need another setter and you hate having fun. Pumpkaboo is lead-oriented, focusing on setting up Trick Room and either burning stuff or using Explosion to go out with a bang. Spritzee and Porygon are pretty much standard on Trick Room and the sets themselves are standard as well, bar the 0 IVs in Speed (which every Pokemon on the team has). Aromatherapy > Protect on Spritzee because Inkay doesn't like status and, under Trick Room, Spritzee is outspeeding a majority of the metagame. The team was weak to Pawniard so Timburr stepped in to fill the hole. Outside of checking Pawniard, it's also the team's secondary win condition and status absorber in case Spritzee faints. At this point, the team was a bit weak to Fletchling and it was looking really standard (which of course we can't have), so I added Bronzor. Get one-upped Corporal Levi. Bronzor is taking Acrobatics quite nicely, shrugging off Overheat because Heatproof, and if Fletchling decides to U-turn, who cares, it's gone now. A more standard set with Stealth Rock would probably work out well, as the team lacks any means of setting hazards, but then you don't get to boost to +6/+6 and destroy teams with a floating plate. Shoutout to Yagura for watching me do all the work and to The Avalanches for unknowingly donating your Pumpkaboo set.

Inkay @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower
- Destiny Bond / Trick Room

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 44 HP / 68 Atk / 196 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Bullet Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Recover

Timburr @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Bronzor @ Berry Juice
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 60 HP / 232 Def / 88 SpA / 72 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Recycle
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

absdaddy

Banned deucer.

Hazard stacking heavy offense team feat. Choice Band Corphish, as requested by Dr Ciel .
First of all - team relies on offensive pressure, so don't be surprised that this team is different from the ones before.
The squad has two actual 'leads' - the primary choice here is Fast Taunt Mienfoo which, at worst, can speedtie fastest hazard setters and Taunt them, allowing Dwebble and Magnemite to keep their Sturdy intact to check pretty much everything. It should be noted that it also outspeeds/speed ties all relevant Defogging pokemon(important) except for 18 Speed Stunky which is pretty much never seen. Dwebble, making use of it's SturdyJuice is used to stack hazards and Knock Off everything, which sometimes can prove to be more beneficial than hazard stacking as some important walls lose that ability with no Eviolites. Counter is here to lure and kill stuff that's supposed to beat or badly damage the bug and that includes so many common physical threats it's not even funny. Keeping Dwebble alive after setting one layer of hazards to save SturdyCounter for later is a wise move - obviously, it depends on your opponent's team but when facing stuff like +6 Zigzagoon, this can be a gamechanger. Try to set Rocks first, unless there is no Fletchling on opponent's team(lol)
CB Corphish, the demon this team is built around. It's role here is to break walls for Carvanha, cripple them with Switcheroo/Knock Off and abuse Tailwind support from Fletchling, even after trading Band away. Of course, it doesn't NEED tailwind to work as current metagame teams tend to be somewhat slow, but with such support it becomes a monster. Adamant Corphish hits 26 speed when boosted, outspeeding stuff like Jolly Scarf Mienfoo, Scarf Pawniard, Scarf Magnemite and tanking some priority too. Now it's time for a simple way to show off it's power - without any attack boosts except Band, it has a shot at OHKO-ing bulky Mienfoo even when it still carries Eviolite - that is some impressive damage which gets even more fierce if you take hazards into account. During testing I found out that there is no need to even use Switcheroo when facing frailer teams, as stronger priority might be more useful.
Magnemite, this team's primary check to Fletchling and SturdySmash setup sweepers, runs standard Berry Juice set with HP Fire to get rid of Ferroseed which is problematic. It's never a bad idea to try to lure Drilbur/Diglett and doubleswitch back to either of priority users - this is a prediction reliant move but after few turns you should know if opponent will fall for it. There is not much else to add about Magnemite as it's really straightforward but it gets the job done, hits stuff hard. Recycle can be used over Thunderbolt if you prefer longevity over strong electric STAB that doesn't switch you out.
Fletchling is the metagame defining pokemon and this set aims to support it's team with Tailwind and still do it's main job(revenge killing) without any problems. Standard EV spread allows it to tank Acrobatics from Adamant bird and boost*, winning priority wars against fastest birds around. Following turn is up to player - both Roost and Acrobatics are good picks and Overheat is here to lure Magnemite/Pawniard. If Chinchou is the bigger problem use U-Turn instead - that choice eases momentum gaining** but then it relies on Mienfoo to do much more than before making it easier to wear down which can turn out to be fatal.
Carvanha is self-explanatory - switch safely by the end of the game and smash what's left of opponent's team. Hazards, Knock Off and Corphish's insane wallbreaking power allow the dark fish to plow through everything, as the stuff supposed to check it is either dead or worn down badly by the time Carv comes in(lategame phase). Corphish and Carvanha share checks and counters which is why I decided to turn it into double-water HO team with one breaking stuff for other to cleanup - this is somewhat similar strategy to Dual Dragon in past metagames and is really hard to play against, given the pressure all members can put on the opponent. Team works best if you're not afraid to take risks - it's built to be really straightforward and beginner-friendly, while more advanced players will find here a bit more depth, letting them to constantly outplay the opponent winning free turns, and as a result, winning the game even when facing someone really good. (This is easier to achieve than with typical team due to mistakes being very costly when battling against HO)

*there is no SR on your side - make this a holy rule
**reading game and making smart moves does exact same thing without inflicting damage/giving up important move, up to preference i guess

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Counter
- Stealth Rock

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Corphish (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Switcheroo
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 200 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpA / 20 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Tailwind
- Overheat
- Roost
- Acrobatics

Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect

Have fun

Last edited:

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is The Avalanche's Rock Polish Amaura + Spritzee team. Amaura is obviously the focal point of the team. Chople Berry gives it a variety of opportunities to set up and it can smack noobs after a RP boost. Spritzee was the second half of the request, and it helps with sponging powerful Fighting-type attacks aimed at Amaura, such as Timburr's Drain Punch, as well as providing the team with Aroma and Wish support. Magnemite's big purpose is to trap and KO Ferroseed and opposing Magnemite, namely Scarf variants, both of which threaten Amaura quite a bit. Timburr checks Pawniard and acts as a secondary win condition for the team. Porygon completes a PorySpritz core, while acting as a great switch-in to Chinchou. Ice Beam allows it to threaten Pumpkaboo, Fletchling, Drilbur, etc; pretty much common Pokemon that the team lacks a solid check to. Scarf Chinchou wraps up the squad, acting as the main revenge killer and a decent means of dealing with a bunch of fast sweepers/cleaners, such as smashers. Chinchou also has Water Absorb because the team has a check to Magnemite in its own Magnemite and the shenanigans of Porygon's Trace + WA Chinchou against opposing Chinchou is hilarious.
Amaura @ Chople Berry
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 36 Def / 220 SpA / 12 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 240 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle

Timburr @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Recover

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

doomsday doink

PSA: With SPLC starting up, the Team Shop isn't going to have a lot of activity, as everyone involved is either managing or playing for a team. Feel free to post requests still, but just be aware that you may not have your request completed for a while.

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
PSA: With SPLC starting up, the Team Shop isn't going to have a lot of activity, as everyone involved is either managing or playing for a team. Feel free to post requests still, but just be aware that you may not have your request completed for a while.
That being said, requests that were already posted have priority over upcoming ones and should be finished soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)