Little Cup Team Building Competition R3 [SUBMISSIONS]

There were a lot of cool teams posted so thanks guys! I was torn between TCR's team and Kingmidas' s I liked the bulky SS tirt and bulk up Croagunk but I will go with Kingmidas his team looks solid, I love the idea of double wish passers and that kind of support is really beneficial to Tirt

regardless of what you vote for a lot can be learnt from these teams for newer players I recommend you look back at these teams, particularily the ones with lots of votes and read what they have to say about the team, get an understanding of why each pokemon have a place on their team and try the team out for yourself :)

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
queenlucy

all good teams though. The beauty of Cottonee+Tirtouga is that its a core that doesn't restrict playstyle. Memento+Shell Smash is fantastic for an offensive team, or it could be an offensive core in a balance team. Or... Cottonee+Tirtouga can be used as a defensive core in a balance team, because they cover so many threats between them making them a good glue core if your offensive Pokemon can't switch in to stuff too well. Or they could just both contribute to Stall/Semistall which queenlucy and kingmidas have done. Probably the best core you could have picked for this competition, so good job SPD :)

Heysup actually gets my vote. The team (albeit with tweaking) was actually pretty solid when I tried it out.

Okay kingmidas wins this round with 5 votes! I would really like to have more people voting next round because there wasn't to much this round :((((

I will post the other core tomorrow a problem arised today where I don't have computer access and my phone has battery problems so it barely charges otherwise I would post it from there 9.9 Expect an update soon on the new core

+

Okay so for round two we will do a core of Spritzee and Porygon. These two are some of the top walls in the tier, Spritzee walling physical attackers, particularily FIghting-types that threaten Porygon and Porygon has good all round bulk and is able to wall some the top special attackers to an extent like Missy and Abra. Will we see this core used in a balanced team to support some offensive Pokemon, or will the recent insight to the idea of stall in LC show people attempting stall teams with this core.

You got a week to get your team!

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LOVE ME!!!!! (Houndour) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 120 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

Fowlfoo (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Strut (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Pink Blob (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Not Missy (Gastly) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute

Shapes mate (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Okay so Nightmare Vampire and I built this team fairly recently. We centered it around Bulky Houndour and tried to cover the main threats of the metagame. Not too much to say about the team besides it's fun and not completely whorey. Has a slight problem with some random things, but the most notable would be Corphish, T-wave spam, and Hazard Stack teams.

Last edited:
Fiend Hound

nice team! I hear you talk about bulky houndour a lot so its cool that you posted this team. The use of Gastly is really cool and I like how you are making use of its advantage over Missy being its greater special attack by slapping a Life Orb on it.

it also seems like Acrofoo is gaining more popularity now because without Eviolite it beats other Mienfoo, can play around foongus etc.

houndours an underated pokemon and I also think the LO set could be used since pory handles missy decently but I do know how good bulky dour is

Keep them coming guys!

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually Porygon was added so we could deal with Chinchou and have a switch in for LO Houndour (who can actually hit it back), I personally never use it to handle Missy. It also makes a nice core with Spritzee so that's why it's used. Though it would make a nice back up over Dour if it gets crited once or twice

Reactions: nv

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 200 Def / 16 SpA / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Porygon @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Kabuto @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heal Bell

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Hey it's my semistall team. Spritzee is the glue member passing wishes to pretty much everything, whilst also checking everything. If my opponent has Pawniard, Spritzee is my main switch-in to Fighters, 'cos Pony is needed to switch into Pawn. Porygon is my Misdreavus counter. Porygon+Spritzee are so fucking bulky that if my opponent doesn't have Pawniard, Timburr (ponyta will probably be main non-Timburr Fighting switch-in then) or Misdreavus, Porygon and Spritzee can be used to check any random Pokemon on the opposing team cos nothing will OHKO them.
Ferroseed counters like half of the metagame and with wish support from Spritzee and Leech Seed stalling tactics, it can do so throughout the whole game, literally amazing mon - it doesn't give a fuck about so many Pokemon. Ponyta also checks loads of things and with dual status, it can really cripple the opposing team, and fuck over lots of Pokemon. Chinchou stops Magnemite and other Chinchou from running through me and Scald is really great for hax. Heal Bell means Spritzee can afford to run HP Fighting to remove Pawniard (cos Pawniard is a massive bitch). Kabuto is the weird mon on my team, it acts as a Flying and Normal type counter. It's also my spinner which is extremely important on stall, it sets up rocks which is extremely important on stall, and Aqua Jet is really clutch as its my only form of priority so its very useful if I accidently fuck up somewhere.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Something like over half my teams post-murktite have poryspritz or a variation of it. It's just such a strong core right now
Porygon @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Recover

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore

Archen @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Defog

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Porygon-Spritzee is a phenomenal core, being able to wall a huge portion of the metagame while supporting the team with Aromatherapy or wish/paralysis support; in addition, both pack at least some degree of offensive presence, and have reliable recovery on their own, making them very difficult to take down. I use Aromatherapy over Calm Mind on Spritzee because none of the members of my team really appreciate status, and I can usually make do without a set win condition by simply wearing the opponent down. Everything else is standard.
After that, I also have a Regenerator core, mostly because I like Foongus but also because it's good. This is another core that is able to completely shut down the vast majority of the metagame, and is able to do so repeatedly without losing too much momentum in the process thanks to each member of the core having access to Regenerator, allowing them to check threats throughout the match. A great thing about pairing this core with Poryspritz is that Porygon and Spritzee both absolutely hate losing their Eviolites, which is where Foongus and Mienfoo come in; Foongus and Mienfoo are able to check the most common Knock Off users, Mienfoo, Timburr, Scraggy, and Pawniard, and can still function effectively, even without their Eviolites. I run Acrobatics on Mienfoo to turn it into a better Knock Off absorber against Timburr, Croagunk, and opposing Mienfoo. Clear Smog is chosen over Sludge Bomb on Foongus to help me prevent Scraggy from setting up in a pinch, in case sleep clause is activated and Spritzee is weakened, as well as helping stop Nasty Plot Misdreavus from setting up; even without its Eviolite, Foongus is usually able to avoid the OHKO from boosted attacks from either Pokemon (+2 Misdreavus has a small chance of OHKOing Eviolite-less Foongus with Shadow Ball). Hidden Power Fighting is used over Stun Spore because Pawniard is fairly threatening to my team. I run a physical Slowpoke set with Aqua Tail to hit Drilbur and Archen harder in conjunction with my Adamant nature, and Earthquake to hit Chinchou and Magnemite on the switch. The rest of the moves are self-explanatory.
One of the biggest weaknesses for regencore is Fletchling, but an even bigger weakness for my team at this point is a lack of hazard control. This is a big issue because every single one of my Pokemon relies heavily on switching. For these reasons, defensive Archen fits in beautifully, providing Defog support, while repeatedly checking Fletchling thanks to its STAB Rock Slide, resistance to all of Acrobatics, Overheat and U-Turn, and access to Roost, allowing it to stick around. Knock Off is used to cripple a variety of switch-ins, in particular Misdreavus.
For the record, although this sort of looks like the team I built with qu and fowl yesterday, it's actually one of the first stall teams I built for post-murktite.

Also I think the title of the thread might be off since it's r2

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
I will give it a try I am so lazy to write things. I decided to make a bulky offense team with Porygon being essencial as it uses Thunder Wave so Porygon and its teammates outspeeds most threats and Spritzee gives huge wish support and sweeps with Calm Mind.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 160 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Porygon is a big part of this team, it is the best mixed wall of the tier, gives Thunder Wave support and has reliable recovery. Spritzee set is self explanatory. Timburr is another sweeper which takes care of Pawniard, Munchlax and any other Steel-type which are a huge problem to Spritzee + Porygon. It also works as a status absorber so you don't need to always count on Spritzee. SD Pawniard is seing less use than Choice Scarf but its a huge sweeper, have an easy time setting up as how much switches it usually causes. Chinchou is my pivot, cleric, and Hydro Pump is a strong special STAB. Yeah offensive archen with Defog, you ask why and I ask you whynaut. Offensive Archen is incredibly strong, it can switch in some weak Knock Off users such as Defensive Mienfoo and do very solid damage with Acrobatics. It also gives me a much needed Ground immunity. Of course, its a bit more harder to remove hazards than the Defensive one, but Offensive has its niches over it (specially if I switch in with Archen and I use Defog in the first turn, the opponent may understand its a defensive variant.).

its good to see a mixture of stall and balanced teams guys! For those that haven't posted teams yet, make one and get it in soon plsssssssss voting starts on tuesday

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
voting corporal levi since regen core is just so strong, especially with paralysis and wish support n_n

Voting for Rowan because it's really well put together and I think it utilizes kabuto in a unique and interesting way. HP fighting Spritzee is also p cool

Rowan

The professor?
me

Nah but for real Corporal Levi's team is a bitch to face with Porygon+Spritzee, the 2 most annoying Defensive threats to face for Balanced teams, along with Triple regenerater allowing it to switch around easily, and Archen patching up all the holes. The beauty is that Porygon, Spritzee and Slowpoke can act as a check to pretty much anything they like because they're so bulky allowing Levi to change which Pokemon they counter based on the opposing team.

I can see a Cranidos breaking through this team with relative ease, especially with some Knock Off support. Cubone is another one that can threaten this team with Knock Off of its own, and Fire Punch/Rock Slide for Foongus and Archen. Other than that though, this team is pretty solid and any Stall team has issues with those Pokemon unless you use something like... Aqua Jet Kabuto or something?

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
corkscrew because kabuto is really cool. I think ponyta might be missing EVs but I'm assuming that wasn't intentional so w/e

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)