Links inside analysis

Hello all,

I was on the main site looking at the Mewtwo analysis and it mentioned how the set worked well against Lugia (can't remember the exact quote) and I wanted to look at Lugia's analysis. I then had the thought, what if Smogon had links to other Pokemon, Moves, abilities etc within the analysis like a Wikipedia page? The site half does this in the main headings of each set with moves and items but it would be nice when team building from the site to read about a Pokemon counter and have a link to it instantly there.

I do understand implementing this could be hard and there would be a lot of links in the articles but it would improve navigating the site. Just a thought. Thank you for your time.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This has been suggested before and is one of the planned features in future :) there's no estimated time when it'll be done though since there are still a ton of forum technical changes being made so the priorities got pushed for a bit. Thanks ! :)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For now, you can use this.

Code:
javascript:loc=location.href.split('/');game='bw';tier='';if(loc[4]!==undefined&&['rb','gs','rs','dp','bw'].indexOf(loc[4])>-1){game=loc[4];if(loc[7]!==undefined){tier=loc[7];}}location.href='http://www.smogon.com/'+game+'/pokemon/'+prompt('What Pokemon?')+(tier!==''?'/'+tier:'');
Add that code to a bookmark and when you click it, you'll get prompted for a pokemon name. It'll then take you to that pokemon's page. I know it's not ideal, but hopefully it will help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)