Let the Mayhem consume you

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi everybody.
I'm glad to present you how I do random offense. (Ahah that's a joke, it's a bit built.)
I'm conscious that my team is kinda gimmick but it works pretty well I have to say.
Well, let's go for it.

TEAM AT A GLANCE

IN-DEPTH

Mohammed Ali (Hariyama) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk/64 Spd/192 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Payback
- Stone Edge

First I need a solid lead. Well... Hariyama ? You got to be kidding me?
-No, I'm not.
This guy punches like a Machamp on steroids, minus paralol. As I know this set may seem odd, Imma explain how I do it against some leads !

-Aerodactyl : Fake out, then Close combat it. It's a net 2HKO. All he can do is either SR or hitting me for pitiful damages with resisted SE stab or EQ. Stone Edge would seem brilliant but 5% accuracy isn't. As a reminder, EQ hits me for 33.1% - 39.2%, so if it EQ, I'm at around 50% life, burn account, ready to punch. And he has no SR on the field.
-Azelf : Fake out, then Payback. That's the brilliant part. (Really.) It 2HKOes even Colbur Berry or Reflect Azelf ! Just because i love you, here are some calcs : Fake out (21.2% - 24.9%) + [+1]Payback (77.5% - 91.5%), factoring in Colbur Berry. In return, Azelf could Psychic me. "standard" Azelf hits me for 77.4% - 91.4% with Psychic. I can survive even with 1 turn of burn and there are no SR.
-Swampert : Fake Out then Close Combat for 60.6% - 71.3%. You have a massive wall completely hurt. Because yeah, my team does not like Pert. Having him weakened is a total win. It can SR but then I kill him, or it can EQ for 61.5% - 72.7% (Factoring -1 Def because of CC) but again ; no SR.
-Metagross : I hate this one. As usual, it's a Fake Out + Close combat, but he is going to kill me. Then I bring Bronzong to simulate Levitate and I TR.
-Machamp : Fake Out, then Close Combat for a 2HKO. I outspeed it, the fight is finished with me burnt, gutsed, with 88% life.
-Heatran : If it FireBlasts/Overheats, I'm dead. Otherwise, it's Fake Out + Close Combat for a 2HKO. If he decides to blast me, I bring Ttar.
-Sleep Leads AKA Smeargle / Roserade ; Fake out to activate Guts, then CloseCombat. Roserade dies from FO + CC and cannot kill with Leaf Storm.
*bored of lead list, so if you have any need, I'll explain.*

Also you can notice Stone Edge, and not Ice Punch. The reason is quite simple ; everyone seems to think that they can bring Gyarados and start DDing on my back so I Stone Edge them.
Offensive DD version takes 82.8% - 97.9% and the BulkyDD takes 66.5% - 78.4%. They can't DD twice so I just bring Rotom and cya.
About the EVs, they're self-explanatory if you know them (ahah) : 252 Atk because I need to punch the hell out of foes. 64 speed to outspeed Machamp and I can't remember what but at building time they seemed obvious. The left EVs are punched into SpD to resist Azelf Psychic, Roserade Leaf Storm, etc.
Nickname : Hell, best boxer Ever. Who doesn't know Muhammad Ali ?

Sauron (Bronzong) @ Life Orb
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Zen Headbutt

My personal version of Bronzong. That's quite unusual, right ?
First, Heatproof is there to bluff Heatran, Metagross, etc. It's a win-win situation, as Ape also fails to destroy it.
Trick Room allows me to be the fastest thing around, bar the rare Snorlax and Slowbro, usually.
Earthquake OHKOes Infernape, Lucario, Heatran, hurts many things and lure in levitating b1tches, mainly... Rotom-A which takes a bunch from Stab Zen Headbutt.
This guy may seem odd but he's a great lure and he has usually with good prevision 4 turns of sweeping. Explosion is the final kick.
Just try it you'll be bluffed. Well don't try it, I seriously do not want to face it.
You can see that there is no Gyro Ball because its coverage suck and I it's too obvious so anyone predicts it. Anyway Gengar dies on Zen Headbutt. Skarmory totally walls it, but I have special gifts for this flying monster.
EVs are really easy : just hit. Life orb for the win.
Nickname : Bronzong is Life-orbed (LO) and Trick Room (TR), so it's a LOTR Bronzong. Lord of the Rings... => The most awful thing in it is Sauron, with its "lovely smile."

Green Lantern (Jolteon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 12 Def/244 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Jolteon ! My answer to Skarmory as it walls Sauron and Muhammad. It's also a great sweeper overall.
HP Ice is here because Muhammad also brings in Gliscor so it's always good to kill it.
This set is really standard so I'm not gonna take a while on it ; STAB Tbolt for everything. HP Ice for Gliscor, Flygon, which hurts me a lot. Shadow Ball is for Rotom mainly.
I have troubles with StallTran.
Nickname : It's Shiny, so it's totally green... Like the comic's guy, Green Lantern. Nothing hard :)

Gengis Khan (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Spd/240 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Payback

Tyranitar, the mayhem inducer. Bandtar allows me not to be destroyed by Heatran, notably. He also destroys any ghost and.. Oh boy, it's Ttar.
The twist here is about the EVs : 16 Speed to outspeed other Tyranitars made to outspeed tyranitars that outspeed tyranitars. Seriously ?
252 Atk because well, Overkill is loved by me.
240 SpDef are better than 240 HP, because I don't physically stall with him. It makes him bulkier for things he's aimed to destroy, like Starmie of Rotom.
The second twist is about Crunch => Payback. As I'm slow it's the superior option. Just as a reminder , When you see him, what do you bring in ? Yay Flygon, which is hit for 110% - 129.6%. That's just an example, but Stall rotom also takes 134.2% - 157.9% so it's unable to stall him, even with WoW not failing.
Nickname : Gengis Khan was the most famous Mongol Empire leader. He conquired the whole Eurasia continent alone. WTF ? Tyranitar can do that.

7 Deadly Seas (Kingdra) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP/228 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Signal Beam

My game cleaner. When opportunity is given, this thing roll through your team like a great bulldozer. Seriously.
Usually people use a mixdra to achieve it, but I found that this version works better.
Rain Dance and 228 speed allow me to outpace Jolly Breloom before RD, and Scarf Flygon after RD. Awesome isn't it ?
Dragon Pulse is here to kill... Dragons ? And for nice coverage because it's pretty unresisted with HPump.
Signal Beam is a special gift for Celebi which is usually OHKOd. I hate Celebi.
Hydro Pump is the hell right here.
Let's see why Hpump and not Surf.Calcs are done in the rain.
HPump VS Bander Scizor : 118.4% - 139.4%
Hpump VS Physically defensive Zapdos : 95.6% - 112.8%
HPump VS Specially Defensive Skarm : 91.6% - 108.1%
etc etc. It gives me awesome kills that Surf wouldn't, and hurts everything for a bunch. It reduces the misprediction as a "counter" takes a great hit even.
Nickname : 7 Deadly Seas because of the awesome Manga, and as a easter egg for our beloved 7 deadly sins... (LOL does he even still exist ?). sins => seas, 'cause Kingdra is the master of the 7 seas. Yeah.

Hellfire (Rotom-h) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Given like that, my team was pretty "weak" to some major threats, named :
SD Luke, Agiligross, DDGyarados, SD Scizor, NP Ape.
Rotom-H solves it all. That's the masterpiece of this team I could say.
The moveset is standard, as is the EV spread. Nothing to say here.
It also lures in banded pursuits, allowing my beloved Kingdra to setup and overkill.
Nickname : It burns. From Hell. Well, so original. I'm also a great Diablo fan, and Hellfire is the name of the unofficial add-on for Diablo I, so here it is!

Here we are, the team is complete.
If you have any suggestion, I'll take them gladly.
I hope you had a great time reading it, and I also hope that my english isn't too bad.
Yours,

Seriously, you thought I was going to make a thread without Magikarp ?

BIG MAGIKARP IS WATCHING YOU.

tbh JcpDragonx is 100% correct about bronzong. you have all these fast sweepers and then u have a TR bronzong. TR only helps bronzong and t-tar. then it just ruins the rest of your team. its 100% usless there. replace TR for SR. and give it levitate seeing as no1 on your team is weak to fire. kingdra and t-tar can take fire atks easily while jolteon and t-tar cannot take ground atks. overall levitate is better for this team.
for the rest of your team it seems alright but give jolteon thunder over thunderbolt seeing as kingdra has raindance

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can't see how a self-setup Zong sweep is useless comparing it to a SR-er that would completely destroy my rythm ?
Heatproof works as a bluff because looking at the team, Everyone expects a Levitation one.
Thunder is silly because Kingdra is my "last game" whereas Jolteon lures special walls early game to see if Kingdra can effectively sweep.

So it's a self-bump for serious people please ? :(

Really like the use of underrated threats like Hariyama, TR Bronzong, and the forgotten CB Tyranitar

Threats
Dragon Dance Tyranitar
Scarf Tyranitar+SD Lucario combo
Offensive Suicune
Stealth Rock

Quite a creative team, but it seems like DD Tyranitar, especially with Life Orb, can be bothersome by grabbing a boost on Rotom-H or Tyranitar locked into the wrong move. It can then pretty much wreck the team with boosted Stone Edge/Earthquake/Crunch after your team has taken some prior damage. Unfortunately your "best" option is tricking with Rotom-H, while losing your check to a myriad of threats (Lucario, etc, etc.). Speaking of Lucario, if it's paired up with Scarf Tyranitar, your Rotom is guaranteed to die, leaving the team prone to a Lucario sweep. Suicune can also be a prick by setting up on Rotom-H's Overheat, and then being a problem with +1 Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/HP Electric. Lack of Stealth Rock means things like Dragon Dance Dragonite and Gyarados are more bigger threats.

Have you thought about adding Stall breaker Gliscor to this team? Seems like it can aid against stall, check Dragon Dance Tyranitar, and the Scarf Tyranitar+Lucario Combo. A Chesto Rest Kingdra also sounds like it can use Suicune as set up fodder rather than a threat, get multiple boosts, and KO it. Also, Gliscor shuts down Skarmory with Taunt, so it can't come in take a hit and pHaze you away. Gliscor can also Toxic Stall Scarf Flygon thinking they're cute and revenge Tyranitar with Earthquake. To top it all off, it gives you a very nice Agility Metagross check outside of Rotom-H, which has been rising in usage. I have to members in mind which can swap places with Gliscor, and I think you should test both formations. Firstly, you could replace Hariyama with Gliscor with 216 HP/40 Def/252 Spe Jolly nature, Leftovers, and Earthquake/Stealth Rock/Roost/Taunt. This gives you Stealth Rock, and handling Tyranitar and Scarftar+Lucario combo. The second replacement would be to take out Jolteon with Gliscor, which imo is the superior option. Gliscor can take down Heatran, shut down Skarmory, and also take on Scarf Flygon. If you really want the Toxic Stall ability, you could fit it on Bronzong and try out a bulkier TR variant, and replace SR with Toxic on Gliscor, but that is completely up to you. Oh, and for the Chesto Rest Kingdra spread: 144 HP/160 Atk/40 Sdef/164 Spe Adamant with Chesto Berry. Sets up on Suicune and Starmie, which are a bit troublesome for this team, but great set up bait for "7 Deadly Seas".

GL

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello
Thanks for your rating.
I'm going to try this Gliscor for a while and I'll give you my feedback. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)