Let the Magik be nown(Magikarp+Unown sweeping team)

Psst, let me tell you a secret magikarp goldmine

Ever since the release of Pokemon Red and Blue, Magikarp has been taunted for it's pitiful stats and overall bad appearance. It has been cursed by Arceus with one of the worst reputations for battling and horrible movepool. over 50,000 magikarps die due to trainers poor treatment of them. The magikarp population has struggled to survive, until today, when they redeem themselves. Here is the team.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 SDef / 252 HP / 128 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Block
- Future Sight
- Flash

Here is my lead. This defensive Bronzong can survive virtually any attack with these EVs. Stealth rock is to remove all pokemon with pesky sturdy or focus sash for a clean sweep. Block is to mess up my opponents, notably other leads, so they are forced to stay and watch as my pokemon team builds into a raping machine. Future sight is for extra damage in the future to my opponents. Now flash is definetly a risky move, but effective for the trapped pokemon. I usually start off by setting up rocks then blocking the foe to stay with me. Then I spam flash until the accuracy can be lowered no more so almost zero attacks land on my team. After that I switch and then it's up to my builders to do the work.

Need 5 speed (Ninjask) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Ninjask has been a legend for it's unbeatable speed and pretty decent attack, although since gen 5, it fell into the depths of NU. Its EVs are situated for taking a couple hits, 248 HP so I can send it in twice after stealth rock(the only attacks that generally hit me are priority that leak through my sub and protect). Protect is for blocking priority attacks. Substitute is for taking less damage from attacks and blocking taunt. Together I spam protect and sub so I can get lots and lots of speed boosts in with minimum HP lost. Swords Dance, do I really have to explain? Then after all the stat boosts, I baton pass into the next pokemon

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Work Up
- Substitute
- Acid Armor

Vaporeon is my defence/attack builder. Blessed with high special defense and HP it can take virtually any special attack. Acid armor is to boost defense, so my next pokemon can tank hits. Work up is to boost both hydro pump and magikarps physical moves. Baton pass all these stat boosts over to my next pokemon

Volbeat (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Encore
- Tail Glow

Sweepers setting up? Volbeat. Annoying stat strategies? Volbeat. Other pranksters? Volbeat. Volbeat is my go to man. Sub to block powerful attacks. Encore to stop sweepers setting up. Tail glow to finish what vaporeon may have failed to do/finish. Baton pass that away and then do what little you can to prepare yourself for the big guns.

prepare your anus (Magikarp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Naive Nature
- Bounce
- Flail
- Hydro Pump
- Tackle

Here it is. HERE IT IS. BEHOLD YOUR MASTER MAGIKARP. Magikarp lives up to its nickname. Bounce, you grass types could get away? Flail, after sash 200 BASE POWER TO THE FACE. Hydro pump for crushing physical walls thinking they can halt magikarps super sweep. Tackle is for when opponents decide they won't attack me for the switch in and I need to hit them with something. None of that hacked level 1,000 magikarp bullshit, a legit, non hacked genuine and effective magikarp. Glad you paid 500 for this guy?

Unown @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Magikarp may be cursed with pitiful stats, but since it can evolve into gyrados it has been blessed with the ability to do so. Unown on the otherhand, is forced to stay where it is, with the slimmest movepool in pokemon history. Its only attack is hidden power, which would be neat if hidden power was a move only unown could get, BUT EVERY SINGLE POKEMON CAN LEARN IT. IT HAS BEEN LAUGHED IN THE FACE FOR THAT REASON ALONE. NOT TO MENTION IT HAS BEEN CURSED WITH THE SAME FATE AS MAGIKARP FOR TERRIBLE STATS.
Not much to explain on the moveset. I have deemed hidden power rock to be the most effective move on him, covering the most types without any immune to it. After x4 Special Attack, it's able to OHKO the mighty salamance, staraptor, ho-oh, charizard, reshiram, kyurem, lugia(after stealth rock), Dragonite(after stealth rock), Thunderus-T, Yvelta, Rayquaza, Volcarona, Shaymin-Sky, Talonflame, and many many others. IT HAS EVEN BEEN ABLE TO OHKO THE ALMIGHY BEAST WHO HAS CURSED IT WITH THIS SET. THAT IS RIGHT, ARCEUS CANNOT HELP BUT FALL VICTIM TO THE INCREDIBLE ALMIGHTY UNOWN. CAN ANYONE STOP HIM? WILL HE BE MERCIFUL TO MAN AND POKéKIND ALIKE?

ONE CANNOT SIMPLY DEFEAT THIS TEAM WITH EASE. PROCEED WITH CAUTION. DO NOT MESS WITH THE MAGI-NOWN SET(I just made that team set up). I AM NOT SURE HOW YOU CAN MAKE THIS MONSTER OF A TEAM ANY BETTER BUT IF YOU DO PLEASE TELL ME. PERHAPS CLEVER NICKNAMES ON BRONZONG, VAPOREON, VOLBEAT AND UNOWN.

Perhaps if you assist me in my quest to vanquish all Uber pokemon I will spare your pokemon teams life, no promises however.

Thank you for your help

One word: Lugia. With access to toxic and whirlwind, there goes your team. I understand wanting a gimic, but there's no way this stands a chance against someone competent. Have fun, though.

Um... quick question... Why don't you replace Magikarp and Unown for stronger pokemon? Say Mewtwo X/Y and Choice Specs Kyogre? I know you wanted a gimmick but your team would nearly be unstoppable if you baton passed the boosts to a stronger pokemon. Not to mention, hazards, which are quite common in Ubers, will wreck Magikarp completely.

After easily being convinced of the obvious brilliance of the Magi-Nown set, I am convinced that all the haters out there will copy your idea. Thus magikarp needs a 248/248/12 EV spread, so it can be guaranteed to outrun the magikarp belonging to all those foolish imposters.

Yes.
YES.

With calcs, it has been determined that Magikarp can OHKO or 2HKO fearsome Ubers beasts such as, perhaps, the mighty Caterpie, or maybe, like, a Cubchoo who forgot to invest in defensive stats or something. Unown is the most versatile Pokémon in the game, knowing moves from EVERY SINGLE TYPE. Since Ghost/Dark types gained a weakness to Fairy this gen, nothing is safe from Unown's super effective wrath. Except maybe something with a damaging move and an existent speed stat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)