SM OU LeleLuchaZamSpamDamn - Peak in Mid 1600s

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
This is an easy to use hyper offensive psyspam team based around tapu lele and hawlucha. I peaked in the mid 1600s.
Here's my music lol:
Teambuilding process:
I started with the idea of a Tapu Lele + Hawlucha psyspam team. As such, i immediately put them on there, and then proceeded to throw on the must have psyspam mon, namely mega zam. I decided on specs lele, since I liked the humongous power it afforded.
lele/hawlucha/mega alakazam
Then I decided to put rock polish nasty plot mewnium z mew on here as an additional sweeper and for it's ability to set up psychic terrain with Genesis Supernova.
lele/hawlucha/mega alakazam/mew
To cover my weakness to dark types and ghost types, I put on specs ash greninja.
lele/hawlucha/mega alakazam/mew/ash-gren
Finally, I needed a rocker, and suicide lead lando fell right into place:
lele/hawlucha/mega alakazam/mew/ash-gren/landorus-t
This is my version 1 team. After playing with it a while, I felt it was decent, but that mew wasn't the greatest and could be improved upon by replacing mew with.....
*drumroll*
Z-Celebrate Victini!
This is V2 now. I tried an experiment with replacing victini/mew with sub magnezone, but it didn't work out (that version is v3). I won't cover v3 since zone didnt work out.
Team Description:
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Specs is just so goddamned powerful. Psyshock is for doing tons to spdef heatran and chansey, while psychic is just a STAB that can be thrown around willy nilly. Moonblast is helpful versus dark types and other leles outside of terrain. Hp Fire allows for damage versus steel types. This is another place for improvement.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Standard special sweeper. Recover is for on forced swaps or v Heatran. It appreciates Lele's support with psychic terrain, boosting it's STAB, and protecting it from priority.

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost
The spread is from it's smogon analysis and is aimed at outspeeding jolly sand rush excadrill. The Spd and HP is for tanking a clefable moonblast w/o psychic seed activated. This spread could almost certainly be improved.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Rock Polish
Mew, my old friend. Solid special sweeper. I already explained it's purpose. The reason why I decided to replace it was because it just wasn't pulling it's weight.

REPLACED BY:

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast
Standard z-celebrate. It's a powerful sweeper that can muscle it's way through many teams. As for the rest, I think everyone knows what this boi does.

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
Do I really need to elaborate on this? I think the spread, first, second, and last move are self explanatory. I picked Ice Beam over other options because I wanted a good way to hit serperior and other grass types super effectively outside of hawlucha/mew's fire blast.

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb
Standard suicide lead landorus. Sets up rocks and booms the hell out of there. Pretty neat. I suppose something like excadrill might be better, but idk.
Weaknesses:
Trick Room's a bitch to play around. I don't think theres any way to improve that matchup without basically making a new team.
Scarf Protean Greninja with u-turn and ice beam singlehandedly destroys the team. It's very hard to beat it, as the only mon that creeps it is hawlucha in psychic terrain.
Zapdos is annoying as all hell too, but I can definitely break it.
Celesteela is hard to beat, but mew/victini can come in and force it out, allowing for free setup.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-947877459 - peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-947110341 - me vs a protean gren (scarf i believe)
Importables:
v1:https://pokepast.es/cebc4e1cc2f0e5ea
v2: https://pokepast.es/6aeb749b769fdf07
v3: https://pokepast.es/08cdcd4715bb6d90

Thanks for reading this. I'm out.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hi, welcome to Smogon! For now I'm going to lock your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)