Resource LC UU Sample Teams

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
approved by new mod / longtime bot QuoteCS

LC UU Sample Teams

This thread is for LC UU teams that function effectively and easily in the current meta. I'll compile effective ones in this post. Please include a brief description of your team - at least a little on the set / purpose of each pokemon, and how the team functions as a whole. An importable is required so people can actually use the teams; hopefully, these will afford players daunted by or disinclined to teambuild for the tier the ability to jump in and play.

Please do not use this thread to post random teams as you build them; this is a resource for established teams. Similarly, don't post teams that play far differently than the standard ones, as these teams should be able to be plugged in and played.

I understand with the minitour people don't want to share their teams, and that's fine, but I ask any users with an abundance of teams / extra teams to maybe help out and post some standard ones to help increase LC UU's playerbase. Thanks!

Teams:
Yagura's dual weather (Sand and Rain):

This is a team that consists of two of the best playstyles in LC UU atm which are both weather-based: Rain and Sand two of them which work really well early- and mid-game letting Taillow late game clean more reliably given how they can deal with Steel- and Rock-types. First of all I went with Purrloin which can set up rain with its priority Rain Dance granted by Prankster, the other moves are Knock Off to remove the annoying items to secure some KOs from the other teammates and U-turn which is used for momentum and as Purrloin is slow it can switch in Omanyte reliably in some situations, and Taunt is a really surprising moves that lets Purrloin work as a cool anti-lead. Secondly there is the rain abuser, Omanyte, which didn't get affected much from the Shell Smash ban and can still do some healthy roles such as hazards setting or being a rain sweeper, it's Eviolite to also tank the annoying Flying-types, you can go all out-attacker if you want but the fourth moveslot can be also used for Rain Dance. The third Pokémon is Skrelp which is really solid in this tier even though it can hard to use with Gothita being kind of common, it works as a glue member that can check Houndour and Fighting-types that can deal with a plethora of mons and that benefits from the rain too. There is the sand core that consists of Sandshrew and Hippo which is also a nice weather core in the tier and that lets Sandshrew deal with Rock- and Steel-types that threaten the late game cleaner Taillow letting it clean more reliably without fearing those, however you should predict really well while using the team especially if you're facing another offensive team. ALSO BEWARE OF HOUNDOUR, set up rocks asap while facing it and switch in Skrelp.

Purrloin @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Level: 5
EVs: 108 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rain Dance
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 HP
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Rain Dance / Ancientpower / Hidden Power Electric

Taillow @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Quick Attack

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Def / 36 SpA / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 212 HP / 40 Atk / 212 Def / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Sandshrew @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Joltage's Dragonspam:

Alright so, one of the coolest aspects of LC UU, imo, is the near absence of fairies as the two best ones are in LC OU. This allows the dragon types of the tier to be a hell of a lot more viable, which is why my first team is a Dragonspam team featuring Sturdy-Juice DD Tyrunt and Life Orb Mixed Dratini. Now, When I built this team Tyrunt's hidden ability had just been released, so obviously, I had to succumb to the new-toy syndrome and make a team with it. Tyrunt acts as the main WinCon for the team and its moves allow him to hit everything in the tier not named Bronzor at least neutrally. Dratini's job is to wall break; Outrage because strong physical STAB, Fire Blast to get by steels, Draco because most things in LC UU focus on Def over SpDef, and Espeed because Espeed is really fucking good. Smoochum is really nice on the team as the team's scarfer because it makes revenging the birds a lot easier, because you may want to save Tyrunt for later. She also can play janitor late game when the oppenent's team is weakened. Baltoy provides amazing utility to the team by setting rocks as well as spinning them away which Tyrunt, Smoochum, and Houndour all very much appreciate. Skrelp is there because Skrelp is actually God in LC UU, it basically comes in takes hits and hits shit back hard. This team isn't too worried about Goth trapping and killing Skrelp, because that is free set up for Tyrunt. Also, Skrelp kills any fairies should the opponent decide to use them. Houndour is the last mon on the team and it just acts as another wall breaker/Goth remover should you decide you want Skrelp for other things and your prediction game is on point. Overall, this is a really fun team to use and utilizes a strategy that is just not viable in LC OU. I hope you enjoy it.

Tyrunt @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 204 Atk / 60 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 17 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Dratini @ Life Orb
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 164 Atk / 196 SpA / 116 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 11 HP
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Smoochum (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Baltoy @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 116 SpA / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic

Skrelp @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Houndour @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire / Early Bird
EVs: 36 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Joltage's Bulky Offense:

So, this is one of my favorite teams I have ever made, regardless of the tier, and I have been contemplating actually RMTing this, as I have a lot more to say about this team than I'm gonna say here. Anyway, this team was originally built for me to use in the LC UU Tour but seeing as I am eliminated from it (I was dumb and wanted to save this team for later rounds, so I used a mediocre VoltTurn team instead and lost; that'll teach me lol) I have no problems posting it here now.

This team is built around a core I came up with and really, really like in Skrelp + Sandile + Bronzor. They all synergize together amazingly both offensively and defensively; with Skrelp handling the fighting, water, and bug types that annoy Sandile, Sandile handling the electric and psychic types that annoy Skrelp, and Bronzor providing those all-important stealth rocks and a ground immunity as well as just providing a solid defensive backbone. The Skrelp set is the exact same as the one in the other team and functions largely the same way. Sandile is a mon you may have seen me championing in the LC UU Viability Rankings thread and this is the team where he just shines, Scarf-Moxie just cleans house late game and he also provides great utility throughout the match by revenging stuff and basically making opposing Gothita a liability. As I said before, Bronzor provides rocks and a ground switch-in to the initial core. It also serves as the team's only bird switch-in, and if the birds of LC UU didn't just kill themselves so quickly, that might be a pretty big problem. Moving on, Joltik's job is to be a pivot and grab the team a bit of momentum with Volt Switch, which he can always do as be can beat the ground types that normally try to block Volt Switch 1v1 thanks to Giga Drain. Joltik is a really useful member of the team due to his unique typing which preforms really well both offensively and defensively. This time, rather than a mixed wall breaking set, Dratini is sporting a very bulky DD set with Outrage, Espeed, and Rest. The idea behind the set is to use your bulk to set up on mons that lack a super-effective move to hit you with and then resting up, getting Shed Skin to remove your status and then just going off with Outrage or Espeed. The final member of the team, Riolu also is rocking a bulky set that looks to use Copycat to spam +2 HJKs. I chose Protect over Crunch because that allows you to scout choice-locked mons and maybe hit ghosts by stealing their move, which is funny as hell, but you can use Crunch if you want. Riolu also forms a mini core with Sandile, who can eliminate those pesky ghost types that Riolu can't just kick in the face.

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Sandile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 36 HP / 180 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 84 Atk / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Psychic

Joltik @ Eviolite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 220 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave

Dratini @ Eviolite
EVs: 108 HP / 84 Atk / 236 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Rest

Riolu @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick
- Protect / Crunch
- Swords Dance

Piexplode's Trick Room:

Team: TR Solosis/BJ TR Inkay/LO Cranidos/LO Azurill/TR Frillish/Hippo
This is an updated version of my original XY TR team. The concept was simply to be anti-meta, since at the time, fast offense with threats such as Doduo were all the rage; as it is now, it's still an useful archetype, but it can struggle with more defensive teams, since Lileep handles Azurill pretty well, etc.
Azurill and Cranidos act as the pair of Sweepers under trick room; Cranidos has the advantage of switching into Doduo easily, whilst Azurill can switch into knock off and such thanks to its fairy typing, at the cost of losing its life orb. Both are reasonably bulky, but Azurill just takes souls, damn it's so powerful. Solosis/Frillish are okay trick room setters [I'm considering dropping Solosis for Munna possibly, healing wish sounds neat], frillish notably is a good answer to riolu which otherwise can be troublesome in my experience. Inkay is a monster, and should be considered even on regular teams with an OTR set, dark/fighting/psychic coverage is monstrous. The weakness to u-turn is the main thing stopping it really, and clear smog recover shellos.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcuu-217014371 vs absdaddy in LC UU Minitour

Solosis @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 196 Def / 236 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam

Inkay @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 172 Def / 68 SpD
Brave Nature
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off
- Trick Room

Cranidos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 220 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Superpower

Azurill @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Return
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Waterfall

Frillish (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SpD / null Spe
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Piexplode's Webs:

Team: Webs Spinarak/DD Evio Tyrunt/SubSD Axew/AcroFloon/Scarf Mankey/Balloon Omanyte
This team was made also with some help from Levi. I'd noticed in the thread mention of DD Tyrunt on webs.. so that's what this is. I added acrofloon as an offensive spin-deterrent. Axew gave me a second dragon type to wear down simultaneous checks/counters. Mankey gets defiant as an anti-webs measure, and provides a useful scarfer/revenge killer. Omanyte gives us SR, a doduo check, for the life of me idr why I chose it or its moveset. Still, reasonably solid team overall.
Match vs user zf http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcuu-219897369

Spinarak @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Megahorn
- Toxic Spikes
- Sucker Punch

Tyrunt @ Eviolite
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Mankey @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Axew @ Berry Juice
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Destiny Bond

Omanyte @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

Last edited:
approved by new mod / longtime bot QuoteCS

LC UU Sample Teams

This thread is for LC UU teams that function effectively and easily in the current meta. I'll compile effective ones in this post. Please include a brief description of your team - at least a little on the set / purpose of each pokemon, and how the team functions as a whole. An importable is required so people can actually use the teams; hopefully, these will afford players daunted by or disinclined to teambuild for the tier the ability to jump in and play.

Please do not use this thread to post random teams as you build them; this is a resource for established teams. Similarly, don't post teams that play far differently than the standard ones, as these teams should be able to be plugged in and played.

I understand with the minitour people don't want to share their teams, and that's fine, but I ask any users with an abundance of teams / extra teams to maybe help out and post some standard ones to help increase LC UU's playerbase. Thanks!
Rowan approved fender and I to take over sample teams and we're having teams from lc uu as well as other metas such as tangma, you can help us collect teams for lc uu but theres no point in this thread.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
kingmidas said:
Rowan approved fender and I to take over sample teams and we're having teams from lc uu as well as other metas such as tangma, you can help us collect teams for lc uu but theres no point in this thread.
Honestly I think there is value to a separate thread. A different thread denotes an independent, viable metagame, which I do believe the LC UU leaders are trying to promote. Putting lc uu teams with Tangma teams in a thread primarily used for regular LC teams sort of shunts Lc uu to the side, making it seem like a meta that's just an underplayed subset of another (as tangma is now). If Rowan / other tier leaders want me to take this down I will, but i do think there's a point to a separate thread.

Honestly I think there is value to a separate thread. A different thread denotes an independent, viable metagame, which I do believe the LC UU leaders are trying to promote. Putting lc uu teams with Tangma teams in a thread primarily used for regular LC teams sort of shunts Lc uu to the side, making it seem like a meta that's just an underplayed subset of another (as tangma is now). If Rowan / other tier leaders want me to take this down I will, but i do think there's a point to a separate thread.
Its a tier, LC is a metagame, lc ou/uu are the tiers. One mega-sample teams thread is better for simplicity's sake.

I'm posting this as not only as the LC UU tier leader but as a LC UU player that wants to see the tier promoted and played more given how fun and varied it is which gives it a huge potential, however people don't get to play it basically because they don't have teams for it a problem that I noticed in the LC UU minitour with people quitting the tour because they don't have teams and a bunch of people asked me and the other council members for teams, and to deal with that having an LC UU Sample Teams thread is the best solution as people will be able to not only pick up teams but only play the tier for real which will let them to gain more experience and acknowledge how fun the tier is, this will probably let them stick more into the tier and build teams themselves in the future. So thank you Shrug for hosting this project n_n. However, if LC UU teams get into a mega-project I'm pretty sure that there'd be only a couple of teams (if not none) in it because people will be only posting LC teams, heck even though the current LC Sample Teams thread is dead it's still fine and I know that a lot of people will be dumping some of their teams after SPLC's end and after their road in the LC ORAS tour ends including myself, so idk what is the purpose behind hosting a new one..

Anyways, I'll be the first one to dump one of my LC UU teams as I got 6-0ed first round am not in the in the LC UU tour:

This is a team that consists of two of the best playstyles in LC UU atm which are both weather-based: Rain and Sand two of them which work really well early- and mid-game letting Taillow late game clean more reliably given how they can deal with Steel- and Rock-types. First of all I went with Purrloin which can set up rain with its priority Rain Dance granted by Prankster, the other moves are Knock Off to remove the annoying items to secure some KOs from the other teammates and U-turn which is used for momentum and as Purrloin is slow it can switch in Omanyte reliably in some situations, and Taunt is a really surprising moves that lets Purrloin work as a cool anti-lead. Secondly there is the rain abuser, Omanyte, which didn't get affected much from the Shell Smash ban and can still do some healthy roles such as hazards setting or being a rain sweeper, it's Eviolite to also tank the annoying Flying-types, you can go all out-attacker if you want but the fourth moveslot can be also used for Rain Dance. The third Pokémon is Skrelp which is really solid in this tier even though it can hard to use with Gothita being kind of common, it works as a glue member that can check Houndour and Fighting-types that can deal with a plethora of mons and that benefits from the rain too. There is the sand core that consists of Sandshrew and Hippo which is also a nice weather core in the tier and that lets Sandshrew deal with Rock- and Steel-types that threaten the late game cleaner Taillow letting it clean more reliably without fearing those, however you should predict really well while using the team especially if you're facing another offensive team. ALSO BEWARE OF HOUNDOUR, set up rocks asap while facing it and switch in Skrelp.

Purrloin @ Damp Rock
EVs: 108 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rain Dance
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 HP
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Rain Dance / Ancientpower / Hidden Power Electric

Taillow @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Quick Attack

Skrelp @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Def / 36 SpA / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 40 Atk / 212 Def / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Sandshrew @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Since I too am no longer in the LC UU tour, I've got not 1, but 2, that's right, 2 teams I wanna drop here.

Alright so, one of the coolest aspects of LC UU, imo, is the near absence of fairies as the two best ones are in LC OU. This allows the dragon types of the tier to be a hell of a lot more viable, which is why my first team is a Dragonspam team featuring Sturdy-Juice DD Tyrunt and Life Orb Mixed Dratini. Now, When I built this team Tyrunt's hidden ability had just been released, so obviously, I had to succumb to the new-toy syndrome and make a team with it. Tyrunt acts as the main WinCon for the team and its moves allow him to hit everything in the tier not named Bronzor at least neutrally. Dratini's job is to wall break; Outrage because strong physical STAB, Fire Blast to get by steels, Draco because most things in LC UU focus on Def over SpDef, and Espeed because Espeed is really fucking good. Smoochum is really nice on the team as the team's scarfer because it makes revenging the birds a lot easier, because you may want to save Tyrunt for later. She also can play janitor late game when the oppenent's team is weakened. Baltoy provides amazing utility to the team by setting rocks as well as spinning them away which Tyrunt, Smoochum, and Houndour all very much appreciate. Skrelp is there because Skrelp is actually God in LC UU, it basically comes in takes hits and hits shit back hard. This team isn't too worried about Goth trapping and killing Skrelp, because that is free set up for Tyrunt. Also, Skrelp kills any fairies should the opponent decide to use them. Houndour is the last mon on the team and it just acts as another wall breaker/Goth remover should you decide you want Skrelp for other things and your prediction game is on point. Overall, this is a really fun team to use and utilizes a strategy that is just not viable in LC OU. I hope you enjoy it.
Tyrunt @ Berry Juice
EVs: 204 Atk / 60 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 17 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Dratini @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
IVs: 11 HP
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Smoochum (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Baltoy @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 116 SpA / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Houndour @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire / Early Bird
EVs: 36 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Alright, and now my 2nd team

So, this is one of my favorite teams I have ever made, regardless of the tier, and I have been contemplating actually RMTing this, as I have a lot more to say about this team than I'm gonna say here. Anyway, this team was originally built for me to use in the LC UU Tour but seeing as I am eliminated from it (I was dumb and wanted to save this team for later rounds, so I used a mediocre VoltTurn team instead and lost; that'll teach me lol) I have no problems posting it here now.

This team is built around a core I came up with and really, really like in Skrelp + Sandile + Bronzor. They all synergize together amazingly both offensively and defensively; with Skrelp handling the fighting, water, and bug types that annoy Sandile, Sandile handling the electric and psychic types that annoy Skrelp, and Bronzor providing those all-important stealth rocks and a ground immunity as well as just providing a solid defensive backbone. The Skrelp set is the exact same as the one in the other team and functions largely the same way. Sandile is a mon you may have seen me championing in the LC UU Viability Rankings thread and this is the team where he just shines, Scarf-Moxie just cleans house late game and he also provides great utility throughout the match by revenging stuff and basically making opposing Gothita a liability. As I said before, Bronzor provides rocks and a ground switch-in to the initial core. It also serves as the team's only bird switch-in, and if the birds of LC UU didn't just kill themselves so quickly, that might be a pretty big problem. Moving on, Joltik's job is to be a pivot and grab the team a bit of momentum with Volt Switch, which he can always do as be can beat the ground types that normally try to block Volt Switch 1v1 thanks to Giga Drain. Joltik is a really useful member of the team due to his unique typing which preforms really well both offensively and defensively. This time, rather than a mixed wall breaking set, Dratini is sporting a very bulky DD set with Outrage, Espeed, and Rest. The idea behind the set is to use your bulk to set up on mons that lack a super-effective move to hit you with and then resting up, getting Shed Skin to remove your status and then just going off with Outrage or Espeed. The final member of the team, Riolu also is rocking a bulky set that looks to use Copycat to spam +2 HJKs. I chose Protect over Crunch because that allows you to scout choice-locked mons and maybe hit ghosts by stealing their move, which is funny as hell, but you can use Crunch if you want. Riolu also forms a mini core with Sandile, who can eliminate those pesky ghost types that Riolu can't just kick in the face.

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Sandile @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 36 HP / 180 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Bronzor @ Eviolite
EVs: 84 Atk / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Psychic

Joltik @ Eviolite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 220 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave

Dratini @ Eviolite
EVs: 108 HP / 84 Atk / 236 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Rest

Riolu @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick
- Protect / Crunch
- Swords Dance

Anyway, I really hope you guy enjoy my teams as much I do. Feel free to edit them to your liking and if you want to give feedback, I would love to hear what you guys think. n_n

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I'm into quarter-finals of the LC UU minitour, and from now on I'm going to build new teams for it.

For now though, I'm going to dump the 2 teams that have gotten me this far, Azurill Trick Room and Double Dragon + Webs

Solosis @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 196 Def / 236 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Signal Beam

Inkay @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 172 Def / 68 SpD
Brave Nature
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off
- Trick Room

Cranidos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 220 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Superpower

Azurill @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Return
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Waterfall

Frillish (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 SpD / null Spe
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Team: TR Solosis/BJ TR Inkay/LO Cranidos/LO Azurill/TR Frillish/Hippo
This is an updated version of my original XY TR team. The concept was simply to be anti-meta, since at the time, fast offense with threats such as Doduo were all the rage; as it is now, it's still an useful archetype, but it can struggle with more defensive teams, since Lileep handles Azurill pretty well, etc.
Azurill and Cranidos act as the pair of Sweepers under trick room; Cranidos has the advantage of switching into Doduo easily, whilst Azurill can switch into knock off and such thanks to its fairy typing, at the cost of losing its life orb. Both are reasonably bulky, but Azurill just takes souls, damn it's so powerful. Solosis/Frillish are okay trick room setters [I'm considering dropping Solosis for Munna possibly, healing wish sounds neat], frillish notably is a good answer to riolu which otherwise can be troublesome in my experience. Inkay is a monster, and should be considered even on regular teams with an OTR set, dark/fighting/psychic coverage is monstrous. The weakness to u-turn is the main thing stopping it really, and clear smog recover shellos.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcuu-217014371 vs absdaddy in LC UU Minitour

Spinarak @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Megahorn
- Toxic Spikes
- Sucker Punch

Tyrunt @ Eviolite
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Mankey @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Axew @ Berry Juice
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower

Drifloon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Destiny Bond

Omanyte @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

Team: Webs Spinarak/DD Evio Tyrunt/SubSD Axew/AcroFloon/Scarf Mankey/Balloon Omanyte
This team was made also with some help from Levi. I'd noticed in the thread mention of DD Tyrunt on webs.. so that's what this is. I added acrofloon as an offensive spin-deterrent. Axew gave me a second dragon type to wear down simultaneous checks/counters. Mankey gets defiant as an anti-webs measure, and provides a useful scarfer/revenge killer. Omanyte gives us SR, a doduo check, for the life of me idr why I chose it or its moveset. Still, reasonably solid team overall.
Match vs user zf http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lcuu-219897369

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Doduo @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 23 HP
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Quick Attack

Taillow @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack

Riolu @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Crunch
- Copycat

Aron @ Berry Juice
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock

Skrelp @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Spe
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Trick

This team has already been shared with a number of people, so I might as well post it here. It looks really standard, but it was actually made before the current rendition of the viability rankings; I don't think it's gotten worse since then because the metagame hasn't really changed much since then. As a straight-forward birdspam team, the premise is pretty simple: Gothita traps and cripples Rock-types, and Doduo and Taillow work together to break each other's checks and sweep.

There are really only three viable offensive birds in LC UU if you exclude Wingull on rain teams; I decided to pick Doduo and Taillow over Rufflet because I dislike Hustle misses, and I wanted the core to be as immediately threatening as possible. Taillow is supposed to be the main sweeper, with Doduo breaking down common bird switch-ins for Taillow thanks to its more powerful Brave Bird and access to Knock Off. Of course, occasionally, against especially defensive teams, these roles may be reversed, with Taillow weakening any bird check that isn't Aron and putting them into Doduo range.
I didn't want to rely on Choice Scarf users to revenge-kill set-up sweepers because this team does not have any way to remove Sticky Web, and I wanted both Taillow and Doduo to be able to deal as much damage as possible, so they couldn't be scarfed, either, so I decided to rely primarily on priority, making Riolu a natural candidate. Prankster Copycat packs all sorts of utility which I needn't go into, and in conjunction with Quick Attack on both birds, it's often not at all difficult to get away with letting enemies set up, allowing Gothita to trap key threats or Aron to set up Stealth Rock without fear of throwing the game. Other than that, Riolu also acts as an excellent secondary win condition, given how it's easily the most potent sweeper in LC UU.
A team as offensive as this one of course needs hazard support. Sturdy on Aron may seem pointless on a team without hazard control, but often, sheer offensive pressure is enough to keep rocks off the field, and Aron will be leading a lot anyway. Its Sturdyjuice combination allows it to reliably set up Stealth Rock right from the get-go, and its numerous resistances, high damage output, and access to Metal Burst allow it to hold its own later on as well, acting as a soft check to important threats that could otherwise take out multiple members of the team with ease, most notably Dratini and opposing birds, and even more if it can come in at full health.
Skrelp is another one of my one-time switch-ins to a bunch of stuff so that these threats can be worn down before they can sweep, especially Fire-types, Water-types, Fighting-types, Steel-types, and pretty much most things because Skrelp is just a phenomenal tank in general. Even with its excellent defensive utility, it is able to fit onto an offensive team like this one without losing too much momentum because it also happens to be extremely powerful with its Adaptability-boosted STAB attacks; dual Water STABs are run so that either can be used depending on the specific situation, and because there isn't much else that Skrelp can run. Skrelp and Frillish are the only relevant Pokemon that resist both of Skrelp's STABs, which is why Thunderbolt is the other filler move of choice.
Gothita's frailty and low speed renders it an overall ineffective revenge-killer of set-up sweepers; even Riolu can break through with a +2 High Jump Kick after Stealth Rock. However, the support it provides here by guaranteeing the revenge-kill of specific things that may impede a bird or Riolu sweep is obvious and invaluable. Although it may seem difficult to get in due to the team's lack of VoltTurn, the hyper offensive nature of the team means that just sacking something so that Gothita can safely revenge-kill isn't usually too costly.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
I'm just going to drop 4 teams I've had a lot of fun using / testing over the course of LCPL

Bird Spam
Doduo @ Life Orb
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 236 Atk / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Fighting]

Taillow @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 Def / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Sandile @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Pursuit

Machop @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 Atk / 72 Def / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Growlithe @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge

Amaura @ Berry Juice
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 60 HP / 220 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave
This is my take on bird spam, with a threatening core of Tailow / Doduo which are huge threats in the tier. Mixed Tailow is amazing and breaks down Steel Types / Physical walls really easily, and its great speed tier usually allows it to scout early game with U-Turn. Doduo just hits so hard its amazing, the moveset is pretty standard with Brave Bird for Strong STAB, Quick Attack to pick off faster threats, Knock Off for Ghosts and removing Eviolites, and the last slot is up to how I'm feeling, as HP Grass hits Geodude and other Rock / Ground Types harder, while HP Fighting handles stuff like Amaura easier. Choice Scarf Sandile was added as a late game sweeper / pursuit trapper, and it is able to take care of Rock / Steel Types that threaten the birds. Machop is probably my favorite mon in the tier and its another way to just wear down the opposing team. Coverage is pretty standard, Ice Punch + Thunder Punch is really nice. Growlithe was added as a physical wall to help handle opposing birds as well as fighting types like Riolu. Amaura is the rocker and also helps wall physical attackers.

Minccino Hazard Stack
Zorua @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- U-turn

Minccino @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Wake-Up Slap

Venipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 84 Def / 204 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Endeavor
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Mankey @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 196 Atk / 112 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Geodude @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
I really wanted to try Minccino with Hazards, so this is what I put together. Venipede is a really reliable Stacker, being able to get up Spikes / T-Spikes reliably. Mankey + Pumpkaboo is great hazard removal prevention core, as they beat every Defogger / Spinner together. Geodude is one of my favorite rockers in the tier, and its a great bird check and SturdyJuice is amazing. Mincinno is standard.standard, and Zorua is really fun to lure in stuff when pretending to be Mincinno / Mankey.

Tailwind
Dratini @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Geodude @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Taillow @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 Def / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Finneon @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 44 HP / 152 Def / 48 SpA / 232 SpD
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Machop @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Magby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 236 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- Return
I wanted to use Tailwind since its a really unexplored playstyle, and there are actually some pretty cool setters and abusers. The two setters are Finneon and Tailow, and both play really differently. Finneon is actually pretty bulky, and is a really nice hazard remover which is helpful when playing against Sticky Web. Tailow is a lot more offensive, and punches holes through the opposing team really nicely. The combo of U-Turn + Tailwind is really nice on both of these, as it gives me the most turns to abuse Tailwind with. The next mon was Geodude as a rocker as it also provides a bird check which every team should have. The next two mons were added to abuse Tailwind and punch holes in the opposing team for Magby to clean up. AoA Dratini is such a great mon, hitting extremely hard in combination with Great Coverage and Priority in Extremespeed makes it really hard for the opposing team to switch into. Machop just breaks apart slow teams, and the confusion chance from D-Punch is always nice. Magby was added at the end to just clean up the opposing team once the wall breakers wear down the opponents team.

Sticky Webs
Spinarak @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Riolu @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Copycat
- Crunch

Torchic @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Geodude @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Frillish (M) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Shadow Ball
- Recover / Scald / Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Helioptile (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 16 Def / 188 SpA / 100 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Glare
- Surf
- U-turn
This last team is my standard.standard webs team, and its probably the most solid team I've made. Spinarark is the best Web Setter in the tier, and Focus Sash is really useful since you have such an easy time setting up webs. Eviolite is another option, but due to the offensive nature of this team you really don't need to be switching in Spinarark to get up Webs multiple times. Riolu is great for abusing webs, as it has an easy time sweeping weakened and slowed down teams. This Torchic set is amazing as Fire Blast + HP Grass is amazing coverage and backed by Life Orb + Modest Nature there are little to no switch ins. Baton Pass is great even if webs are up, since you can pass to things like Frillish / Geodude without losing any momentum. Geodude is for rocks, I've explained why I like using it on the two previous teams so I'm not going to get into it again. This Offensive Frillish set is amazing, as its a great Spin Blocker and just hard hitter in general. Water Spout hits really hard, and Shadow ball is a great secondary STAB. I personally like recover to keep it healthy and make sure Water Spout can hit hard throughout the game, but Scald / Energy Ball definitely work. Wisp is great for spinners, as stuff like Kabuto hates getting burnt. Helioptile was added to spread paralyses and just attack in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)