LC Player of the Week 23: Kingler12345

Kingler12345
Favorite Pokemon: Cyndaquil
Most Used Pokemon: Mienfoo
Known For: LC Open IV Winner​

Tell us a little about yourself.

Hey, i'm a 16 y/o guy from India, currently studying in school like everyone else :(

How and when did you get your start in LC?

Well, I pretty much messed around on ladder back in 2013 when I joined PS; I think I got into it when I initially joined smogon, and after I got banned from there I pretty much kept playing LC. I only played LC that much then because I could get to a 1900s~ ish ACRE which I couldn't in other tiers. I kind of prided myself on my #19 or whatever spot on the ladder (which was much tougher, tbf!)

I got introduced to kingmidas through playing on the ladder, who introduced me to IRC and played some LC with me; we talked a little about the meta and stuff back then, were fun times. I also remember meeting user: ShinyAzelf there.

What is your favorite aspect of LC?

I like how matchup isn't too much of an issue (bar some offensive things that can wreck a few teams if predicting properly), you can play aggressively versus defensive teams and there are good tools to keep all the threats in check. Also if you're playing aggressively and make the right moves bar hax/matchup, you're gonna win I feel.

Most underrated thing in LC in your opinion?

Not really sure, I guess Snivy because that's pretty powerful and has a few options to tailor itself to w/e team it's on.

Most overrated thing in LC in your opinion?

I honestly can't think of anything, just going through the VR thread and what people usually use; I guess archen because it's not that great of a check to anything but its offensive prowess makes up for that so..

If you could change something about the current metagame, what would you change?

I really wouldn't change much as far as the official metas go. I think it'd be fun to see a Swirlix minitour or a Knock Off-less minitour or whatever, those would be fun!

Are there certain LC players that you look up to or respect?

Yeah, blarajan, Heysup and all the other guys who played in SPL are pretty great. OP, tazz, kingmidas, TUO, and all the other LC regulars (sorry there's a lot ;_;) are all friends who I play the meta with and are all pretty great players.

Any advice for new LC players?

Well really nothing besides the standard "don't be afraid to look outside the box, don't take everything at face value." Also try to think about what gives you victory, a lot of the time you don't need to make flashy plays to win.

Snivy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Archen
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Stealth Rock

Houndour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Pursuit
- Destiny Bond

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Endure
This is a fun team I built with CatcherInTheRai but never ended up using (I think he used it in his games, though). The basic idea is that the rest of the team supports snivy/scarf dour until you can achieve a sweep or the like. It's pretty fighting weak and stuff and spritzee is a bit annoying but I don't think this is that big an issue. I wouldn't really recommend it to someone who's trying to get into the tier since it does have significantly worse matchups against some stuff but it's a fun team to use!

Last edited:
HOW DID YOU GET PLAYER OF THE WEEK

what meta do you enjoy more rn, oras lc or oras pu

thoughts on dig goth suspect

did you ever find your Queenler12345?

favorite episode of the office

guess i'll answer my questions now
When the hell is mine
agreed

Kingler is decent, i guess
omg thanks, it's an honor

HOW DID YOU GET PLAYER OF THE WEEK

what meta do you enjoy more rn, oras lc or oras pu

thoughts on dig goth suspect

did you ever find your Queenler12345?

favorite episode of the office
I played some LC

I'd say LC simply becos i play it more rn. Pu is official so I could get back into that too

I'm not really sure about the dig/goth suspect. On one hand trappers are way too fukcing easy to use regardless of how well you/your opp play and they do their job with really good success but on the other they aren't "broken" and porygon countertraps diglett etc. Trappers do invalidate the use of standrad teams and require you to keep up with trends and such but I'm not very confident in the vote if I'm being honest; if I were to vote again, I might ban.

I met minus <3

uhh hmm this is a hard one i'll get back to you on that

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
how much money did you have to pay your opponents so that they let you win?

why is this the least interesting potw i ever read?

favourite screenshot of the tunaktunaktun video?

fav skype emo?

kingler ...

hi ...

which is better chespin or cacnea
You like cacnea so chespin

how much money did you have to pay your opponents so that they let you win?

why is this the least interesting potw i ever read?

favourite screenshot of the tunaktunaktun video?

fav skype emo?
Guess you found my secret, now you know why I can waste my time on here

Im lazy

Lemme get to a comp when I do I forget this every fucking time

(tunaktunaktun) or the arguably inferior (bhangra)
if two astronauts were on the moon and one of the killed the other with a rock how fucked up would that be
It'd be like first blood on the moon or some shit, that's cool af

EDIT- did i really miss superpowerdude, he's another LC guy i look up to and a pretty old friend

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)