Resource LC ORAS Sample teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by macle
LC Sample Teams
This thread will be for LC teams in the ORAS metagame. I want everyone to feel comfortable posting their teams however, I will only include the best ones in this post. If you decide to post a team include a short description of the team, or include a couple of sentences for each Pokemon and an importable.

DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO DUMP TEAMS AS YOU BUILD THEM.
We want to avoid including teams with glaring weaknesses, or just overall lack of quality. This thread is aimed at newer players, so please keep that in mind when posting. Teams posted can and will be deleted at moderators' discretion.

LC ORAS has been great so far, hopefully you'll join us and think so too!

Sample Teams:
Infamy's VoltTurn

This team functions by using Volt Switch and U-Turn to gain momentum over the opponent and apply significant amounts of pressure to the opposing team by switching into the most appropriate check to their current Pokemon. VoltTurn was the first team archetype I had any success with in LC, so I figure I might as well pass a decent team on to new players, because not too long ago I was one of them. Anyway, Vullaby is a very useful Pokemon on VoltTurn, providing momentum with U-Turn while being able to stay healthy and preserve the longevity of the team with Roost and Defog respectively. It also makes good use of Knock Off to weaken opposing walls, which allow the more offensive members of the team to apply more pressure on the opponent. Mienfoo is somewhat necessitated on any serious VoltTurn team, with the combination of its excellent bulk, Speed, and ability all letting it provide great support for its teammates. Drain Punch allows it to recover without switching, Knock Off weakens the opponent's walls and bulky Pokemon in general, and U-Turn allows it not only to provide excellent momentum but also to recover a third of its HP thanks to Regenerator. The last move on Mienfoo is something of a toss-up, I decided to go with Acrobatics to allow it to function as a secondary check to Fighting types since Mienfoo often finds itself getting Knocked Off and it takes some pressure off of Foongus and Larvesta. Chinchou is also a Pokemon seen very often on VoltTurn teams, due to its excellent bulk, ability to stop opposing Volt Switches, and Speed that can allow it to function as either a fast or slow pivot- in this case, I chose the slower set because it is bulkier. Scald and Volt Switch are both STABs with excellent effects, with Scald's 100% 30% burn chance and Volt Switch providing momentum- the lifeblood of the team. Rest and Sleep Talk are Chinchou's only form of recovery, with a 33% chance to provide momentum even while it is asleep. Larvesta is an excellent Pokemon for VoltTurn teams, with excellent bulk, reliable recovery, and the excellent capacity to cripple the opponent's team with Will-O-Wisp. Flame Body is Larvesta's best ability, letting it switch in on physical attackers and threaten them. U-Turn is obviously necessary on a VoltTurn, while Flare Blitz provides a strong STAB. Morning Sun lets Larvesta recover half its HP in most situations, and Will-O-Wisp lets Larvesta burn the opponent's Pokemon, wearing them down over the course of the battle. Foongus may seem like a bit of a strange choice for a VoltTurn team, as it has neither Volt Switch nor U-Turn, but it is chosen because of its excellent synergy with the other members. It forms a Regenerator core with Mienfoo, and completes a Fire-Water-Grass core, notorious for its excellent defensive synergy, with Chinchou and Larvesta. Furthermore, Foongus can still pressure the opponent with Spore. It has Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb to act as reliable STABs with excellent secondary effects, respectively recovery and a 30% poison chance. Hidden Power Fighting is to let Foongus hit Pawniard, which, while it cannot often switch in on anything but Foongus, can hit the entire team for at least neutral damage with its STABs. The final member is Archen, who acts as an offensive Flying check and puts significant offensive pressure on the opponent. It makes use of its high Attack and Speed to clean up the opposing team after it has been worn down by the constant Volting and Turning of its teammates, while it can also provide momentum itself with U-Turn. Acrobatics and Stone Edge are both very strong STABs for Archen to use, while Earthquake gives it the famous EdgeQuake coverage and U-Turn allows it provide momentum.

Zebra Bird (Vullaby) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Smogonweasel (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

Chin Chang Chou (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 68 SpA / 148 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Assaultvesta (Larvesta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Corporal (Foongus) @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Rainbows (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Sken's offensive

I wanted to use Sub Life Orb Abra since I realized it 2HKOed common sashbra's counters that were supposed to be such as Spritzee or Porygon, and it's quite usefull in ORAS because of Pancham and Skrelp's rise. It became a very standard team but it works pretty well. Abra + Scarf Mienfoo is a great offensive combo wich gets a great coverage. The game plan uses to be easy: leave some rocks with Diglett on the opponent's field, burn/poison/paralyse some things with Ponyta and Chinchou, knock off some eviolites or BJuices with Foo and Vullaby and then Volt-turn with Mien-chou to trap abra's main counters with diglett. Now sweep.

Ole (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Ole (Mienfoo) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Ole (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

Ole (Vullaby) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Ole (Diglett) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Y Ole (Abra) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Dazzling Gleam

Brazilian Army's Stall

Dunno why people just say to new plays not to use stall , as it is really good in this current meta specially with hazards stall, so today I will share a team that I use on my botw and i discovery it was really weak vs sd fletchling(gracias Tricking) but it shows exactly how stall could be, with (spikes and stealthrocks[if you can add toxic spikes is even better]), this stall is a based around sand stall core(Hippopotas,Spritzee and Ferroseed) covering the majority of the meta game and pursuit trapping with Munchlax the likes of Gastly and Abra, with a Mienfoo for the like os Pawn and archen for hazard control(I use Juice archen because of acro as you can heal archen at some point with Spritzee, I build this in the end of XY , and I think it is perfect for a simple team thread as it have some flaws that people will have to build around Awhile learning the meta

PS:Eviolite Archen can be used as well, its even better to be honest

Hernesto (Munchlax) @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Pursuit
- Body Slam
- Sleep Talk

Henrique (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 92 Atk / 188 Def / 228 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Bullet Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Leech Seed

Francisco (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Fernando(Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

Gabriel(Archen) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide

Pablo(Hippopotas) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 116 Atk / 212 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Svalkenaeres's Dwebble offensive

This is a simple Dwebble Offense, with a antispin core Pumpkaboo-Pawn. Pumpkaboo blocks totally Drilbur, and Pawn can come on some standards defog like Vullaby. Twave on Pawn is for ruin Foo, and try Paraflinch eventually. Archen Defog + EQ is however a real threat for my team, that's why I keep often dwebble in the beginning if I meet archen on th opponent's team. Archen is a great pivot, and I use Roost in order to win always Fletchling, and BJ because Acrobatics itemless hit hard a lot of things. It's quite weird. U-turn permits me to keep the momentum. Staryu is my spinner and can come on Archen's EQ most of the time and force him to switch. I use Psychic on Tbolt because Croagunk can annoys me if Archen died. Finally, I use Mienfoo HJK Reckless, who is incredibely powerful, to late game clean. I can use it in Lead too to lure Drilbur and OHKO him with HJK, then it's not very difficult to spikes and win the game.

I'm a Crab Cake (Dwebble) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Counter

Heilloween (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 80 Atk / 196 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Soldier Ryan (Pawniard) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Wave

Fuck birds (Archen) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 156 Def / 156 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Roost

Sebalter bitch (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Destruction. (Mienfoo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Sparkychild's Bulky

This employs a Fire-water-grass core for resists. Spritzee is really useful in keeping ferroseed healthy throughout the game and removing any crippling status. Scarf'd Gastly provides me with a revenge killer and an answer to zigzagoon as well as a last ditch button with destiny bond. Mienfoo provides the generic fighting type to my team that knocks items off and "eases" the opponent's stall with taunt. Mienfoo makes a great lead as usual.

Starmaster (Ferroseed) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 80 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

SnoopingGil (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 69 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Meteordash (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Briyella (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Trickster (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

DeathxShinigami (Gastly) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

tazz's trapspam

Standard trapping spam team, super easy to use and effective. Fletchling is the wincon on this team, and the first u-turner. With its checks like chinchou, magnemite, tirt, archen, etc removed by the trappers, it becomes very scary for teams to face. Diglett and Gothita are your trapping core, being able to trap many of fletchilng's checks and counters, as well as a lot of the meta. Mienfoo is the obligatory fighting type, and provides some bulk to the team as well as a very potent slow u-turn, which is a nightmare for many teams with two trappers. Pawniard sets rocks and forces fairies out, which otherwise greatly annoy the team. It also checks zig/fletch/omanyte, which is very needed. Archen defogs, as SR is annoying.

This team goes even or better with most of the meta, however there are some mons you should watch out for:
Corphish - great annoyance, able to OHKO everything and due to aqua jet is very hard to trap. the choice to use slow foo also makes the team rather weak to it.
Scarf chou - also great annoyance as it's not trappabe, however mienfoo/pawniard can threaten it out
and a bunch of other things like any team, as long as you play well with this it's very potent.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Taunt

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Diglett @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 28 SpD / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 116 Def / 40 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 4 HP / 180 Atk / 128 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Last edited:
If you actually took the time to use it you'd find that it actually works really well. I win most of the battles I do with the team. I understand if you take it down, the team is really good if you know how to use it, and unless you've used it a while before, you don't know how do use it.
Well, the whole point of this thread is to provide teams that are easy for new players to use. If you have to use the team for a while in order to play it properly, then by definition it's not an easy team for players to use. Ergo, it shouldn't be here. Also, your team is an insult to Finneon.

Now, ladies and gents, allow me to present the quintessential, archetypal, and obligatory VoltTurn team for this archive.

Summary: This team functions by using Volt Switch and U-Turn to gain momentum over the opponent and apply significant amounts of pressure to the opposing team by switching into the most appropriate check to their current Pokemon. VoltTurn was the first team archetype I had any success with in LC, so I figure I might as well pass a decent team on to new players, because not too long ago I was one of them. Anyway, Vullaby is a very useful Pokemon on VoltTurn, providing momentum with U-Turn while being able to stay healthy and preserve the longevity of the team with Roost and Defog respectively. It also makes good use of Knock Off to weaken opposing walls, which allow the more offensive members of the team to apply more pressure on the opponent. Mienfoo is somewhat necessitated on any serious VoltTurn team, with the combination of its excellent bulk, Speed, and ability all letting it provide great support for its teammates. Drain Punch allows it to recover without switching, Knock Off weakens the opponent's walls and bulky Pokemon in general, and U-Turn allows it not only to provide excellent momentum but also to recover a third of its HP thanks to Regenerator. The last move on Mienfoo is something of a toss-up, I decided to go with Acrobatics to allow it to function as a secondary check to Fighting types since Mienfoo often finds itself getting Knocked Off and it takes some pressure off of Foongus and Larvesta. Chinchou is also a Pokemon seen very often on VoltTurn teams, due to its excellent bulk, ability to stop opposing Volt Switches, and Speed that can allow it to function as either a fast or slow pivot- in this case, I chose the slower set because it is bulkier. Scald and Volt Switch are both STABs with excellent effects, with Scald's 100% 30% burn chance and Volt Switch providing momentum- the lifeblood of the team. Rest and Sleep Talk are Chinchou's only form of recovery, with a 33% chance to provide momentum even while it is asleep. Larvesta is an excellent Pokemon for VoltTurn teams, with excellent bulk, reliable recovery, and the excellent capacity to cripple the opponent's team with Will-O-Wisp. Flame Body is Larvesta's best ability, letting it switch in on physical attackers and threaten them. U-Turn is obviously necessary on a VoltTurn, while Flare Blitz provides a strong STAB. Morning Sun lets Larvesta recover half its HP in most situations, and Will-O-Wisp lets Larvesta burn the opponent's Pokemon, wearing them down over the course of the battle. Foongus may seem like a bit of a strange choice for a VoltTurn team, as it has neither Volt Switch nor U-Turn, but it is chosen because of its excellent synergy with the other members. It forms a Regenerator core with Mienfoo, and completes a Fire-Water-Grass core, notorious for its excellent defensive synergy, with Chinchou and Larvesta. Furthermore, Foongus can still pressure the opponent with Spore. It has Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb to act as reliable STABs with excellent secondary effects, respectively recovery and a 30% poison chance. Hidden Power Fighting is to let Foongus hit Pawniard, which, while it cannot often switch in on anything but Foongus, can hit the entire team for at least neutral damage with its STABs. The final member is Archen, who acts as an offensive Flying check and puts significant offensive pressure on the opponent. It makes use of its high Attack and Speed to clean up the opposing team after it has been worn down by the constant Volting and Turning of its teammates, while it can also provide momentum itself with U-Turn. Acrobatics and Stone Edge are both very strong STABs for Archen to use, while Earthquake gives it the famous EdgeQuake coverage and U-Turn allows it provide momentum.
Zebra Bird (Vullaby) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Smogonweasel (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

Chin Chang Chou (Chinchou) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 68 SpA / 148 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Assaultvesta (Larvesta) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Corporal (Foongus) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Rainbows (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

All in all, the team functions as a very bulky offensive build, with Pokemon that both place pressure on the opponent and can take hits. The way this team should be played is by using the synergy of the members to switch into the opposing threats and wear them down. If you don't know what move to click in a situation, it's almost always the safest idea to click Volt Switch/U-Turn. The team has at least two solid checks to most popular playstyles in the current metagame, so if the opponent tries to predict you and stay in on a Volt Switch/U-Turn, you can usually go into the other check. Every single Pokemon on this team has some form of recovery, and I did that on purpose to allow the team to stay healthy while it wears down the opponent. It's a very easy team to use, and I've had a lot of success with it. I hope you can too!

Last edited:
Wow. Building a very similar team myself, I was real proud of myself to have done something extraordinary. Turns out building a VoltTurn type of shit with the Regenerator Mienfoongus core was something every single one of us once did.

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'd like to help with a team I built some weeks ago and works nicely. It's easy to use and a good team. I hope you like and enjoy it. I posted it in the XY Sample teams but realized that there was a thread for ORAS.

I wanted to use Sub Life Orb Abra since I realized it 2HKOed common sashbra's counters that were supposed to be such as Spritzee or Porygon, and it's quite usefull in ORAS because of Pancham and Skrelp's rise. It became a very standard team but it works pretty well. Abra + Scarf Mienfoo is a great offensive combo wich gets a great coverage. The game plan uses to be easy: leave some rocks with Diglett on the opponent's field, burn/poison/paralyse some things with Ponyta and Chinchou, knock off some eviolites or BJuices with Foo and Vullaby and then Volt-turn with Mien-chou to trap abra's main counters with diglett. Now sweep.

http://pastebin.com/1aRcxcKr

Well, I'd like to help with a team I built some weeks ago and works nicely. It's easy to use and a good team. I hope you like and enjoy it. I posted it in the XY Sample teams but realized that there was a thread for ORAS.

http://pastebin.com/1aRcxcKr
That sucks, no Pineco on it

Obs: Posting a team to not double posting

obs2: Thinking about posting some gimmick like Rain/Sticky web/Hail or Trickroom LOL

Dunno why people just say to new players not to use stall , as it is really good in this current meta specially with hazards stall, so today I will share a team that I use on my botw and i discovery it was really weak vs sd fletchling(gracias Tricking) but it shows exactly how stall could be, with (spikes and stealthrocks[if you can add toxic spikes is even better]), this stall is a based around sand stall core(Hippopotas,Spritzee and Ferroseed) covering the majority of the meta game and pursuit trapping with Munchlax for the likes of Gastly and Abra, with a Mienfoo for the like of Pawn and archen for hazard control(I use Juice archen because of acro as you can heal archen at some point with Spritzee, I build this in the end of XY , and I think it is perfect for a simple team thread as it have some flaws that people will have to build around Awhile learning the meta

PS:Eviolite Archen can be used as well, its even better to be honest

http://pastebin.com/Lr1zbg8x

Last edited:
Let's go for Dwebble Offense. I hope you like this team.

This is a simple Dwebble Offense, with a antispin core Pumpkaboo-Pawn. Pumpkaboo blocks totally Drilbur, and Pawn can come on some standards defog like Vullaby. Twave on Pawn is for ruin Foo, and try Paraflinch eventually. Archen Defog + EQ is however a real threat for my team, that's why I keep often dwebble in the beginning if I meet archen on th opponent's team. Archen is a great pivot, and I use Roost in order to win always Fletchling, and BJ because Acrobatics itemless hit hard a lot of things. It's quite weird. U-turn permits me to keep the momentum. Staryu is my spinner and can come on Archen's EQ most of the time and force him to switch. I use Psychic on Tbolt because Croagunk can annoys me if Archen died. Finally, I use Mienfoo HJK Reckless, who is incredibely powerful, to late game clean. I can use it in Lead too to lure Drilbur and OHKO him with HJK, then it's not very difficult to spikes and win the game.

http://pastebin.com/2BMXCy7P

http://pastebin.com/qCpFy1Ws

I wanted to build a team around Life Orb Staryu (since i love starmie so much) It's basically just bulky offense otherwise with synergy between the other pokemon. Spritzee provides me with a cleric for the entire team and a great fighting resist. My mienfoo carries stone edge because of how much i HATE larvesta. Other than that its the regular taunt foo. Snover gives me a spore resist, and a great counter to special shell smashers if they get the chance to set up. Skrelp is just a bulky water type that fits as a poison resist. I found i was quite weak to fletchling, so i added a 16 speed eviolite roost archen to outspeed its efforts to uturn out.

I really suck at descriptions dont i?

STICKY WEB OFFENSE

http://pastebin.com/8W2e9DN2

I have decided to build a sticky web team, a change from all the defensive teams I have been running before. This team focuses around getting Sticky Web up, and sending out the sweepers to finish the match.

Rekeri :^) (Surskit) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sticky Web
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam

For my sticky web setter, I have decided to go with Surskit. It is the fastest Sticky Web user in LC, plus its water typing works perfectly to hit opposing rock type leads. Focus Sash is chosen to guarantee that webs will be set up. Scald is mainly chosen over Hydro Pump for its better accuracy and epic burn rate, potentially crippling one of the opponent’s Pokémon, such as Mienfoo. EV’s are simple, aim to hit max speed and special attack, and put the rest in each stat to hit the next number. Ice beam and Signal Beam are mainly for coverage, and for revenge killing too, if the Focus Sash is still intact, hitting Fletchling and the unexpected Inkay.

GeoffBruedly (Gastly) @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute

My team’s main sweeper. Gastly is chosen for a sweeper mainly due to its ability: Levitate. This allows me to outspeed opposing teams, even when facing a sticky web team. In addition, its Ghost typing allows me to block spinners who are intent of getting rid of my webs. Substitute is mainly for blocking status and easing prediction. I chose to run Dazzling Gleam over Destiny Bond, since Sticky Web slows down opposing threats quite a bit, so revenge killing is rather simple.

Trickster (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

After looking at the Pokémon I already have, I found that I have quite a problem with Pawniard, specially when Sticky Web will trigger Defiant. Mienfoo Is a reliable Pokémon that can check Pawniard throughout the game. Taunt Mienfoo is also a great lead if I spot an opposing Shell Smasher lead, or a slow bulky hazard laying lead. Fighting type is also important in taking out Porygon, which would otherwise wall my Gastly throughout the match.

Nineage (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

A secondary sweeper of my team. Drilbur is a great choice for a sweeper if I spot that the opposing team is full of specially defensive Pokémon. With access to Rapid Spin, it can clear away opposing hazards and webs, if I absolutely need too. Since Drilbur tends to cause a lot of switches, Swords Dance can take advantage of that, turning Drilbur into a powerhouse that ignores Sturdy. In addition, Drilbur can live one Acrobatics from Fletchling, a common Pokémon found as a revenge killer or a sweeper in many teams.

DeathxShinigami (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

Pawniard provides my first solid Fletchling check. As a Steel type, it can take several acrobatics, and either set up rocks to discourage switching, or outright (2H)KO the bird with Iron Head and Sucker Punch. In addition, Pawniard has the ability Defiant which discourages the use of Defog, as it will turn Pawniard into a powerful attacker.

CrushinDefeat (Omanyte) @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Finally, to round up my team Omanyte is yet another bird check. In addition, it can also act as my win condition, as it is easy to set up on the numerous Flying types throughout the tier. Even without the Shell Smash, it still hits a high 18 special attack and a 21 speed under Sticky Web, so it is still a powerful bulky attacker.

Overall, this team manages to get past the opponent’s threats using natural resists, and keeping an offensive pressure throughout the game will cause the opponent finding themselves unable to set up.
BULKY LC

http://pastebin.com/MNVv4DtR

This employs a Fire-water-grass core for resists. Spritzee is really useful in keeping ferroseed healthy throughout the game and removing any crippling status. Scarf'd Gastly provides me with a revenge killer and an answer to zigzagoon as well as a last ditch button with destiny bond. Mienfoo provides the generic fighting type to my team that knocks items off and "eases" the opponent's stall with taunt. Mienfoo makes a great lead as usual.

#MacleFrogTW (macle theme'd lc team)

http://pastebin.com/SKryHKtu

Another Sticky web Team... The objective is to set up rocks and webs, and either sweep with poliwag (in memory of Jase the Frog) Archen provides a much needed fletch counter, while drilbur provides the only electric resist (lol). With protean and its middling speed fixed by sticky web, froakie makes a premier sweeper that can ohko grass types like foongus with a stab ice beam after rocks. Hypnosis allows poliwag to set up easily without using memento or parting shot (or having a similar effect to those moves).

(184 SpA Life Orb Froakie Ice Beam vs. 124 HP / 160 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 18-26 (72 - 104%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

Last edited:
Alright, so I guess I will post a team I've been laddering with quite a bit lately. (Note: I don't ladder that much tho so by "laddering quite a bit" I mean like 15-20 times, with a couple tournament entries here and there) #ScarfChamHYPE

This is basically a standard Volt Turn core, using Chinchou + Mienfoo + Fletchling, but with the added pivoting of Choice Scarf Pancham, which is good for surprising a lot of people and weakening pokemon, namely Abra, enough so that Chinchou can live a Psychic and break Focus Sash allowing Pancham to come in and finish it with either Knock Off or Gunk Shot. I enjoy this team because a lot of people don't expect Gastly with Focus Sash, I feel bad for mocking it before, allowing it to come in multiple times throughout the battle to kill pokemon like Abra, Diglett, Gothita, etc. Fletchling is a standard wincon on Volt Turn, but I don't really rely on it its ability to clean, I rather try to clean with Scarf Cham because it is much cuter and much more powerful and fuck burds, but cleaning with Fletchling is still possible with this team! n_n

Note: My team is cooler than Infamy's because I am not using that hideous, disgusting pile of crap known as Foongus.

Focus Blast (Pancham) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 Atk / 20 Def / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Storm Throw
- Gunk Shot

Aura Sphere (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Bolt Strike (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

Boomburst (Fletchling)
EVs: 196 Atk / 252 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Hurricane (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Defog

Shadow Force (Gastly) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 76 Atk / 200 SpA / 200 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:
Sun Team

I'm always wondering why good LC players doesn't use sun (I don't count lucy). Sun is probably, imo, the more powerful playstyle in LC, maybe even better than HO without Sun and Spikes Offense. I always enjoyed play Heavy Offense, and I like sun the most.

Vulpix-Bellsprout is a classical core in the sun. Archen allows me to beat fletch, every moment he try to set-up (If I lose archen, that can be really difficult for me).
Munchlax is a B rank, because have a b rank make your team not broken of originality. More seriously, that was because I was afraid by Scarf Gastly, who is quite embarassing for suns, and because I doesn't wanted problems with sashbra. Probably you will say "sleep powder", but 25% of miss + one sleep turn, it does like 35% of lose. This is too much, and Bellsprout was my wincon, so munch pursuit was perfect. Also, his powerful atk, a good coverage, with a sympathic Fire Punch under sun. His ability with Thick Fat to check things that can abuse the sun, like Larvesta/Ponyta/Fire Types and things like Snover and Amaura was just perfect and definitely convinced me. Drilbur, with a cool electric immunity, a fast stealth rock, and a spin, was also perfect for the team. Timburr finally counters bulky normals that can be embarassing, and absorb status. The most irritating thing wih this team, it's his faculty to lose with miss SP, crits on Vulpix, and other shitty things.
This team, more than a lot of teams, is really weak to the haxx. One crit on vulpix makes me lose most of the time. However, this is p cool team.
I had good results with, like the second place of the suspect test. I'm actually the first of the ladd with this team, it shows that it can be efficient.

http://pastebin.com/J0PEYyiJ

Last edited:
Trick Room team
Instead of using typical LC gimmicks, like Abra for example, I've decided to make a well rounded team, with a LITTLE help from Jetpack, that dishes out damage, but still takes some hits. So, here we begin!

Virtual Reality (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Now, Porygon is a good Pokémon. Now, its ability, Download is near the most powerful ability in this tier I'd say. Like, switching in on a Pokémon and getting a 1.5x Special Attack boost? Sign me up please! The HP and defense EVs allow it to live a hit, pairing with Eviolite, can set up Trick Room without being bothered. Then, he can do some SERIOUS damage. +1 0 SpA Porygon Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 116 SpD Pawniard: 8-9 (38 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. It can do decent damage on a Pawniard, but who's going to stay in on a Pawniard with Porygon am I right? We have Recover for healing taken damage obviously, and finally Shadow Ball hits ghost types that Tri Attack can't hit, or types that resist normal type attacks.

The Immortal (Solosis) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 120 Def / 240 SpA / 40 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 2 Spe
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

People underestimate Solosis. Let's compare: Abra has 25 HP, 15 Defense, 105 Special Attack, 55 Special Defense with the Magic Guard ability. Solosis on the other hand has 45 HP, 40 Defense, 105 Special Attack, 50 Special Defense with the Magic Guard ability. So, not ONLY is Solosis BULKIER, not by much mind you, BUT he hits as hard as Abra. The only downfall, however, is Solosis's speed. But that won't be a problem with your Trick Room team, now will it? Other than Solosis and Abra, only Cleffa has Magic Guard in LC. But, Solosis is bulkier than Cleffa too. So Solosis uses Life Orb well, instead of the usual Eviolite. Again, the HP and Defense EVs allow it to live, with the remaining 240 EVs allow it to hit like a truck. Psychic is there for STAB, because we need one of those. Shadow ball is there for coverage, and hits ghost types super effectively, and again, hits things that resist psychic. Trick room is there for obvious reasons, and finally HP fighting to hit dark types that Psychic can't hit and resist Shadow Ball. So not only will be owning the LC tier with Solosis, but you'll be bopping Pawniards left and right.

Dopey (Slowpoke) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off

The Slowpoke family can utilize Trick Room quite well whether it be Slowking, Slowbro, or Megabro. Their relatively low speed allows them to outspeed nearly everything in LC. Regenerator makes it one of those annoying Pokémon to deal with, switching out all the time, healing the damage dealt. As with Solosis and Porygon, you're going to need Defense Evs. 116 Defense and 236 Special Defense EVs allows it not only to survive, but allows the rest of the EVs to go towards HP and Special Attack. Of course, for STAB we need scald, for its burn chance to also stop physical attackers in their path. Trick room is there AGAIN, since 3 to 4 out of the six pokemon in a trick room team need to have Trick Room, Because if you only have 2, and they both die your strategy is dead. Flamethrower is there, and should be there for all of the Slowpoke family, or at least one fire type attack. Flamethrower has more accuracy, you don't have time to risk a Trick Room turn missing anything. Finally, we have Slack Off for healing any dealt damage.

Antisocial (Cubone) @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Cubone is the DEFINITION of LC damage. Thick Club + Trick Room allows it to outpseed and deal some GREAT STAB damage with Bonemerang hitting TWICE, 9 times out of 10 removing substitute on the first hit, then damaging the pokemon on the second. Battle Armor gives Cubone the protection from critical hits. A critical hit with Cubone's base 95 defense would ruin it. That's why this isn't a Rock Head set, but a Battle Armor set. The 116 Special Defense EVs allow it's 50 base Special Defense to be decent at best, which allows it to tank special hits BETTER. To add onto its base 95 defense, are its 76 Defense EVs. You DON'T need more than that, since you need HP EVs, with a base of 50 HP, its defense wont help much THERE. Also, you dont want too many Defense EVs because you need some Attack EVs, since you're running Swords Dance over Stealth Rock. Why Swords Dance over Stealth Rock? Swords Dance allows it to set up attack, adding to its Thick Club. You'll want to use Swords Dance at least 1 turn after setting up Trick Room, meaning sacking someone off to trade with Cubone. After that, you'll probably have taken out 1-3 Pokémon most likely with the amount of Attack it has. Bonemerang is the ONLY STAB you should be running, since it hits twice opposed to Earthquake's ONE hit. Swords dance allows you to damage harder, Rock Slide is there for flying types Bonemerang can't hit, and finally Knock off is there for any non-sash Gastlies or Abras, or just knocking off eviolites, because we don't have enough of THOSE flying around in the LC tier. 196+ Atk Thick Club Cubone Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Gastly: 24-30 (126.3 - 157.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Even without a Swords Dance boost, it can OHKO a Gastly which has more Defense than Abra, so of course it'll be killing an Abra.

Revlon (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 24 SpA / 76 SpD
Serious Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Yes, Spritzee. Spritzee can utilize Trick Room really well also. Its 212 HP, 196 Defense and 76 Special Defense and Eviolite allow it to tank hits AMAZINGLY, while setting up Wish at the same time. Its ability allows it to not get taunted, which protects it from not getting the vital Wish off or the Trick Room. its remaining 24 Special Attack EVs allow it do to a little more damage with Moonblast. Spritzee allows its team to heal from their OWN wish also, I'd recommend sending Spritzee out for trick room once it runs out the first time, since it can Wish heal earlier members' damage.

Ugly as Fuck (Skrelp) @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I had trouble coming up with a final Pokémon, then someone suggested Skrelp. Now, Skrelp has helped me like a LOT. Its Adaptability can allow it to do a lot of damage, so Scald not only has a burn chance, but a higher damage output. If Skrelp is going to die anytime, and you dont want to Wish it back with Spritzee, do as much damage as you can with Adaptability Hydro Pump. I guarantee that one of your other pokemon can finish off the one Pokémon that got hydro pumped. Sludge Bomb is there for grass types and anything that resists water, like water, AND it gets the Adaptability boost. And to finish off, Hidden Power Fire allows skrelp to damage steel types that are immune to Sludge Bomb, also giving extra coverage. It has 200 Special Attack EVs to dish out HIGH damage especially paired up with its Modest nature. The rest of its EVs should go towards bulk allowing it to tank things then revenging with high damage.

Threats (for each Pokémon): Porygon; ANY fighting type. Scarfed Mienfoo is a problem, until you set up Trick Room, and depending on the Mienfoo build, you MIGHT just get the Special Attack boost from Download. If you don't think you'll SURVIVE a High Jump Kick, switch to Spritzee. No Mienfoo wants to stay in on a Spritzee, so you'll get a free Trick Room as they most likely switch into another Pokémon. If you predict that you won't live a High Jump Kick and you SWITCH to Spritzee, but they choose to U-turn instead, Spritzee still resists the bug type U-turn. Solosis; Again, scarfed Mienfoo. They might choose to U-turn OR knock off, depending. So, again, Spritzee is your best option here. Scarfed Gastly is a problem. BUT, they'll most likely choose to Shadow Ball, so switch to Porygon to counter it. By the next turn, they'll need to switch, you don't want to get trapped into Shadow Ball on a Porygon, allowing you to set up a Trick Room. Abra is ALSO a problem, carrying Shadow Ball and all. So after switching into Porygon, they might predict a Shadow Ball and switch, so go for Trick Room, again. Slowpoke; You'll have to the same thing as Solosis, since they have the same weaknesses, but remember THIS time, slowpoke can survive more hits and might be able to set up a trick Room instead of switching and also remember too that slowpoke has grass and electric weakness to worry about this time, so switch to Cubone for electric Pokémon, and Skrelp for grass types, allowing you to counter them with Sludge Bomb/Hidden Power Fire. Cubone; Cubone has 3 weaknesses, Ice, Water, and Grass. Ice isn't TOO bad of a problem, with some Pokémon only carrying ice beam, you can switch to skrelp for revenging grass types, and also resists water type attacks onto Cubone. Spritzee; Pawniard. Pawniard is a big problem, since he get steel STAB, which can do a LOT of damage to Spritzee. I suggest switching to Solosis after you've gotten a Trick Room up, so solosis can Hidden Power Fighting and hopefully OHKO them. BECAUSE you switched to Solosis, they'll most likely use a dark type move (obviously). The only way you can safely switch to Solosis is with trick room up, other than that switch to Skrelp or Slowpoke to resist the steel move, then Flamethrower/Hidden power Fire them. Skrelp; Last, but certainly not least, Skrelp. Now, Skrelp is weak to Earthquake, but don't worry it's not like theres THAT move floating around. I'd SUGGEST switching to Cubone, which can tank the Earthquake with its Defense. Which, in return, you can bop them by Bonemeranging them. Abra is also problem for Skrelp, as it's weak to psychic type moves. Now, I'd suggest switching to either Porygon or Slowpoke. Porygon because it has the most Special Defense and can tank it, or Slowpoke being the bulkiest thing otherwise that can resist psychic moves. Then switch to Porygon, since they're most likely going to Shadow Ball.

Conclusion: There you go, you have a sturdy LC Trick Room team. To play this team, you'll need not only to know what to use WHEN, but you'll need to predict the sets and switch into the respected Pokémon to counter it. I have gotten fairly far with this team, only because Jetpack helped tweak it. :D There you have it, have fun with this team and good luck to all who use it!

this thread is p dead but i'm tired of seeing infamy VoltTurn everywhere so

Standard trapping spam team, super easy to use and effective. Fletchling is the wincon on this team, and the first u-turner. With its checks like chinchou, magnemite, tirt, archen, etc removed by the trappers, it becomes very scary for teams to face. Diglett and Gothita are your trapping core, being able to trap many of fletchilng's checks and counters, as well as a lot of the meta. Mienfoo is the obligatory fighting type, and provides some bulk to the team as well as a very potent slow u-turn, which is a nightmare for many teams with two trappers. Pawniard sets rocks and forces fairies out, which otherwise greatly annoy the team. It also checks zig/fletch/omanyte, which is very needed. Archen defogs, as SR is annoying.

This team goes even or better with most of the meta, however there are some mons you should watch out for:
Corphish - great annoyance, able to OHKO everything and due to aqua jet is very hard to trap. the choice to use slow foo also makes the team rather weak to it.
Scarf chou - also great annoyance as it's not trappabe, however mienfoo/pawniard can threaten it out
and a bunch of other things like any team, as long as you play well with this it's very potent.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Taunt

Fletchling
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Diglett @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Archen @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Taunt

Fletchling
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Diglett @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Archen @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Taunt

Fletchling
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Diglett @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Archen @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
I love the idea of this team, is pretty similar to one of my SPLC matches, I love that kind of team, just dont post something monster like that in a sample team thread :(

Shellder (F) @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 40 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear

Slowpoke (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Drilbur (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Return
- Earthquake

Drifloon (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 SpA / 196 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass
- Destiny Bond

Exeggcute (M) @ Oran Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 196 Def / 196 SpA / 80 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Croagunk (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Jetpack said:
If you decide to post a team include a short description of the team, or include a couple of sentences for each Pokemon and an importable.
the first one was cute, and should stay. the second one not so much.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey guys, I figured I'd post a torchpass team since they're fun to use and pretty easy to get the hang of. I don't think any quickpass teams have been posted at all recently (max's is buried all the way in XY LC); there's a bp chain in showcase, but quickpass is completely different in that it's a legitimate offensive playstyle, isn't just auto-pilot, allows actual counterplay for both sides, and doesn't get you banned for two months

The team is pretty straightforward. Taunt Mienfoo checks Pawniard and makes sure opposing hazard stackers don't become troublesome. Stealth Rock on Pawniard helps the team's sweepers get key KOs, and Pawniard can also switch in on itself. Togepi sets up Nasty Plot and passes to Torchic. With these boosts, Torchic can do some pretty cool (hot?) things, like this:
+2 116+ SpA Life Orb Torchic Hidden Power Grass vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Chinchou: 29-36 (116 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO
or this:
+2 116+ SpA Life Orb Torchic Fire Blast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon: 23-29 (88.4 - 111.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Most of the things that don't lose to Torchic still get wrecked, because Torchic also has access to baton pass, and can hand the boosts over to Skrelp or Magnemite, both of which pack Substitute to activate Berry Juice more reliably and get around bothersome Sucker Punch users. If a Munchlax pops up, thinking it can cut any chance for a sweep short with Earthquake, you can pass to Mienfoo, beat it up or scare it out, and then pass to a sweeper.
Torchic @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 116 Def / 120 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Togepi @ Berry Juice
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Baton Pass

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Skrelp @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Before km tries to beat me up, I'm going to argue that this team isn't actually flimsier than more typical hyper offense, and can play around annoying stuff just as well as other HO builds. However, like any team, it still has its notable weaknesses, and a look at the above importable can give potential cteamers a good idea of what it might struggle against. The good news is that this team is super easy to customize to help get around this problem. Here are some possibilities:
Torchic's defense EVs are specifically to almost always survive Eviolite Corphish's Aqua Jet from full health, and Fletchling's Acrobatics after one round of Life Orb recoil. However, if you would rather turn Torchic into a dedicated sweeper, you could move 80 of the Def EVs to max out Special Attack, giving its Fire Blast the power to OHKO even defensive Porygon after Stealth Rock, and lower its HP IVs to 9 so it takes less damage from LO recoil. Alternatively, +2 Torchic is already pretty powerful without Life Orb, so you could switch up to Eviolite and easily survive Fletchling's Acrobatics, even after Stealth Rock; however, this means that Torchic will not have the guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock on support Archen. HP Grass is specifically to take out the most common switch-in to Torchic, Chinchou, which is why both of the current end boost recipients are somewhat Chinchou weak, but you could give Magnemite HP Ground or simply change the sweepers to Chinchou switch-ins (maybe your own Chinchou), and replace HP Grass with a utility move like Substitute or Will-O-Wisp to get around a different set of threats.
Changing Berry Juice to Eviolite on Togepi will mean that the opponent will need a completely different method to get around it. For example, when Berry Juice is used, Magnemite and Life Orb Pawniard can OHKO, meaning they will be able to come in on the Nasty Plot and stop Togepi from passing. If Eviolite is used, neither of them can net the clean OHKO, so Togepi will be able to get the pass off, provided it sets up on something that doesn't threaten it. Keep in mind that both are somewhat afraid of Flamethrower as it is, and if Eviolite is used over Berry Juice, the likes of Larvesta, Diglett, and a few other notable threats will be able to 2HKO, meaning that Togepi can no longer set up on them. Other than that, the current four moves on Togepi are pretty much mandatory considering its role on the team.
The current Skrelp spread is to outrun 14 Spe scarfers at +2, and 17 Spe scarfers at +3. However, moving some bulk to speed to hit higher speed tiers earlier could work. If you're not worried about OHKOing offensive Porygon and Vullaby before Stealth Rock or defensive Vullaby after Stealth Rock, Scald is more reliable than Hydro Pump. Magnemite doesn't totally need Substitute since Endure is another way to pop Berry Juice, so if you don't mind having to go to Skrelp when they have a Sucker Punch user or Foongus, then you could run Recycle or HP Ground. You could also run different sweepers entirely, but I chose Skrelp and Magnemite because they resist common priority moves (Magnemite is weak to Mach Punch but usually only takes 12 damage from Timburr's), and are bulky enough to take a hit after they're passed to, so running things like Abra/Clamperl as the recipients probably isn't a good idea. Some ideas could be Porygon, Chinchou (a little on the weak side, though), even Omanyte if you don't want to smash.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We need not terrible sample teams, so here's my rendition of dual scarf offense:

Scarf Pawn is a threat that is underutilized; the main reason to use it is how it forces Mienfoo into Knock Off usually, then next time it comes in, Mienfoo dies and they now have nothing else for Pawn usually. It's also our Rocker since typically it loses momentum when it rocks with or without being Choice Locked and we can spare the slot. This brings us to Foongus which then pivots into all fighters minus the rare Panda, and give us back momentum. Sleep is annoying, as is every other move it runs. At this point the team is weak to a lot of things, such as Ponyta and generally sweepers. Thus we chose to run Mienfoo with Stone Edge as it prevents Pawn from sweeping and soft checks most of the meta while luring in Larvesta and Ponyta making Pawn have more run with Scarf Iron Head. Since Ponyta is uncommon and our next Pokemon tend to beat Fire types, you can run Acrobatics for Croagunk while making the team marginally less Goth+Foo weak. The next two pokemon on the team are Scarf Dril and bulky smash Tirt as they make amazing wincons while pressuring a majority of the pokemon that pester the team. They also share a great deal of synergy by ruining eachothers counters. The final mon is Fletchling since we are hella Snivy weak and it's a fine safety net for a lot of things; it runs HP Grass since most Smashers are annoying to play against, and this is the only thing that they would set up versus. It's another wincon that pressures other teams and gives better matchup vs other offense, voltturn, sken offense, etc.

Pawniard @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Drilbur @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 160 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Acrobatics

Fletchling
EVs: 76 HP / 200 Atk / 12 Def / 200 SpA
Naughty Nature
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
- Shell Smash

Last edited:
Here are some teams, everyone. Enjoy them, because I think they're really great. If you don't like them, then I don't know what to say!

Larvesta @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Foongus @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Staryu @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 156 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psychic

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Endure
- Recycle
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Recover

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake / Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Larvesta is a fun mon, and I thought to just put a bunch of standard stuff on a team with it. It's a fire-type, so I put Staryu with it for synergy. It's a good typing to go with Larv, it can spin away hazards, it's great. After that, I decided to add a grass-type, but not just any grass-type! I went with Levi's favourite, good ol' Foongus! Recycle/Endure Mag was next because it acts as a blanket check to most of the metagame. I really enjoy Porygon, especially because it's a duck! Quack quack! After that, I realised I needed another fighting check so I added the first flying-type I could think of, which was Archen.

netchix (Torchic) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Fire Blast
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

unbirden (Drifloon) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 116 HP / 88 Def / 200 SpA / 64 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp

nicefoo (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Atk / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

wannabe bowser (Chespin) @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 68 HP / 108 Atk / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis

xtrem (Zigzagoon) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 108 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Protect
- Thief

ure a star (Staryu) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Def / 116 SpA / 156 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

So I noticed that Tahu is the main man behind BP, and I can't possibly steal his thunder, so I decided to half-ass a BP team. I call it Half[p]assed! Haha it's a joke!

So I started with Torchic because she's the love of my life even if she's a dude half of the time (There is NOTHING wrong with that!!!). Next I wanted Drifloon because of that one particular episode of the X-Files that involved a balloon. You know the one! After that came Mienfoo, because Mienfoo is a lovely Pokemon and I think he's just the cutest! Next c Chespin, because he kind of reminds me of Bowser...if Bowser were a grass-type Pokemon, lol! Of course, I had to add Zigzagoon! It's the best Pokemon ever! Finally, I included Staryu because it's just too darn good to pass up.

Larvesta @ Choice Band
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Zen Headbutt

Cottonee @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Tailwind

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
EVs: 212 Def / 72 SpA / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch

Archen @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Tailwind
- Roost

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Fletchling
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Ok people, read this carefully: CHOICE BAND LARVESTA IS THE GREATEST POKEMON OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME! IT'S REALLY STRONG AND REALLY BADASS AND IT WINS ALL THE TIME OK? Ok, now that we have that out of the way, I'll go over the rest of this team. Cottonee is here because cotton is my favourite type of fabric to wear! What goes well with Cottonee and Larvesta? Chinchou, of course! I just have to use a Fire-Water-Grass core! It's the best! Now, there is a problem in that Larvesta is a bit slow, and he still needs help with those pesky hazards, so I included Archen, but not just any Archen, an Archen with Defog AND Tailwind! I added Choice Scarf Mienfoo because I wanted to punch and kick! Hiii-YAH! Finally, we have Fletchling, also using Tailwind, because I like speeeeeeeeeeeeed!

Enjoy my teams everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulky Offencive Hazard stack:
Basicaly stall if only it didn't have set up but phazing. Set up omanyte is rater rare so i thought it did be good if i made a hazard stack team with it, t-spike is more optional, knock gives good use in the long run and for The Sweep and scald always is fun to fish for Burns especialy when the game isn't giving you one.
This time with spin/defog block instantly giving me good defencive type syn, timburr to status block+Sweep, Spritzee to wish pass the pokes that don't have a form of recovery or just needed it+Sweep, Omanytes work is realy nice in this because it gives me a good fletch/archen check. Pawn is for defog blocking what it can do against all flying types. Drillburr gives me my own hazard controll and more set up opportunity especialy how it can cut trough teams with no hazards up also finishes up the typeweakness for example electric what i lacked. Pumpkaboo is Spin-Block the other form of Hazard removal, is durable, gives some cover against the other remaining electric types.
SR can be switched from pawn onto omanyte for SD uses, i just like having set up opportunity's with different pokes what gives me more overal set up chances.
Even when the current meta is rater hard to get these opportunity's in the first place.
Pro's: actualy not horrible against ballenced, trapping or HO (and also stall...)
Con's: Bulky Offencive is the worst,Sun is a pain and Snivy form the biggest problems.
Hail Me (Omanyte) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Knock Off

Ugly Ranger (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Emptiness (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Despair (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect

I am Hailin' it (Drilbur) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Hammer Timburr (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Last edited:
Alright so i wanted to finaly put some teams that worked well on this so here we go:

LC Sand:
I originaly made a post that was poorly made, so i tried a better one this time:
I generaly hate Lileep and see it as a poor version of ferroseed, however in sand that can suddenly change into another water absorber, mutch better special defence with Sand. Hippopotas is the Sand one can't afford to live without. Drilburr is the main sweeper, Spritzee keeps everything Vital and healthy also giving me a bit of a stall-ish use. Vullaby works wonders as it gives me a potential defoger (what i didn't need knowing i went for rapid spin drilburr as the only coverage it could need on that slot would be Poison Jab), i picked U-turn to give me a slower pivot giving drilburr a better time if sand is still up. Knock off allowes me to wither down my opponant especialy in sand as they lose HP while i do not. Brave Bird + immunity to Spore is something sand can't live without.
Croagunk does too mutch to even note but i run special just to make sure i can switch into pumpkaboo even on a WoW.
Sand while nerfed in gen 6 still serves it's use even on ladder and even when the best pokes in it lack on multiple parts.

Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 148 HP / 140 Def / 28 SpA / 140 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Trick Room-Trap:
Oh where to start, this seems at first glance to be an extreemly poor made team, when you look more into it it still seems like somethings can be replaced for somethign better for example goth for sollosis and trapinch for cubone, however don't underestimate the uses of a Trick Room Trap. While it needs trick room to be safely set up it has many suprises in it for example having a non-scarfed gothita, what allowes me to go max + nature in special attack and multiple move uses. Trapinch lacks Stealth Rocks, I hate the fact it doesn't get it. It does get Super Power and feint however what seems useless it actualy has some small uses combined with Trick room trapinch can shine somewhat. Porygon/Spritzee are 2 of the 4 best Trick Room setters in all of LC. Skrelp is one of the very best Abusers of Trick room especialy when it only has a hand full of counters and less checks then you did expect even droping over half of those in Trick Room. Pancham is the holy glue to finish up my teams flaws and giving me atleast 1 momentum user to combined with the 2 Trappers, also allowing me to set TR easier n_n.
TR-Trapper (Trapinch) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Feint

TR-Trap (Gothita) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 240 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Trick Room

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Recover

Spritzee @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Wish
- Protect

Skrelp @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes

Pancham @ Eviolite
EVs: 140 HP / 180 Atk / 100 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Parting Shot

Nasty-Pass:
Ah simalar to something someone else already posted but i thought i did put my own Nasty-pass team in aswell.
Porygon+ skrelp are deadly, combine it with a fairy and you have one of the deadliest stall cores ever, however change up the support poke spritzee for togepi and Porygon-W for Agilygon so you get a Nasty NastyPass-Core. Mienfoo pivots for opportunity's, Pumpkaboo/Archen serve as glue and regular uses, while archen could run defog or Stealth Rocks but the only changes SR makes are some small chances to get from 93.8% to 1HKO into 100+% to 1HKO.
Don't get me wrong tho coragunk can single handly problem this team but it should be able to handle it fairly well with porygon to check it and archen/acro-foo to pressure it all the way on any set and Pumpkaboo to wither the physical set.

TogePass (Togepi) @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Wish
- Baton Pass

NastVirus (Porygon) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Download
EVs: 40 Def / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Agility

AcidNukeTown (Skrelp) @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 200 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Archen @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Defog

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

I hope you enjoyed these teams, even when i dare to bet you will disagree with some choises in them they all prove the niche a poke can put into utility without Central building around that 1 niche making the team useless if it can't utilise the niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)