XY OU Lacking speed but not lacking in power

Hi all,
One of the fotm picks in this ou metagame is a huge popularity of volt-turn teams, and for me to do well, i figured my team should be based around one of the best killers of the rotom-w/landorus-t's flying around.

upload_2015-2-18_19-37-50.png

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
Instead of running four attacks with assault vest, i figured that substitute is a great ability to bypass status like rotom-w will-o-wisp, and the fact that it can even tank a lando-t uturn without breaking it is very useful. The rest of the other moves are pretty self explanatory, with fusion bolt to hit slowbro's and azumarills hard. The special attack ev's are for pure damage, as most of the time i would be spamming ice beam anyway

upload_2015-2-18_19-53-14.jpeg
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Slowbro is probably one of the best physical tanks right now, and the fact that my kyurem-b is weak to fighting types and also the fact that its great bulk allows me to play him as a physical tank. I choose to run fire blast instead of psyshock is primarily just for scizor and ferrothorn, which do hurt my kyurem-b. Personally i think psyshock is redundant anyway, as most fighting types would not stay in when is end out slowbro

upload_2015-2-18_19-33-51.png

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

One of my other weakness that my kyurem-b has, and is quite common right now, is fairy. Mega scizor takes care of that. I choose mine to be attack invested instead of special defence is because im not running sd but defog on scizor, and i feel that without attack investment, he simply dosent do enough damage.

upload_2015-2-18_19-38-20.png

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
There are three reasons why heatran is now on my team. One is because my scizor, being the only defogger in my team, needs backup, and heatran is there. Second is stealth rock, and finally, the special defense investment that my scizor didnt go through is now on heatran, creating a special wall. The reason for the moveset and the fact that I dont run toxic is that i already have a toxicer on my team (slowbro), and i feel will-o-wisp is the better option.

upload_2015-2-18_19-41-44.jpeg
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off
T
he main reason i am running scarfed lando-t is because my team lacks in speed. None of my mons so far has over 100 speed, and i need a revenge killer in case my scizor is dead or they have a magnezone on their team. His access of u-turn also forms a nice secondary core around scizor. Knock off o think is almost compulsory as i dont have one on my team, and isnt it great when u knock off a gliscor's toxic orb?

• upload_2015-2-18_19-46-2.jpeg
  • Breloom @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Rock Tomb
    - Spore
I basically could have used any pokemon in my last spot, but after some thought, i realised a fighting type with priority would be nice, and its access to spore is just the icing on the cake. The reason i run life orb instead of sash is because i dont use my breloom as my lead. I primarily use it for wallbreaking purposes. I run adamant to further augment his already high base attack, and coupled with technician, this huy hits like a truck

Note that none of my pokemons have over 100 base speed, but that dosent mean faster teams will beat this one

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)