XY OU Kyurem-b Victini Core Peak 1600

Hey guys,
Team building
I've always been fascinated by the kyurem-b, victini core, as i believe that with only two pokemon, they have the right coverage to take out the entire metagame, as they cover each other threats very well

With my core complete, I personally, like seeing balance teams, with spdef and def, to help create a secondary defensive core, with one of my friend's personal favourites, av tyranitar and skarmory

Next, i felt like, as this team is rather slow (kyurem-b is no scarfed as victini is already banded), i needed a revenge killer as well as a consistent keldeo counter, and even better, a set-up sweeper (sort of)

Movesets:
Personally, i do run rather strange sets, so please no hate, and if u do suggest changes to EV's please use calcs to back up her point.

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

First, i will have to explain the EV's. 196 Hp is run, along with a mild nature, to survive a gengar focus blast. I run special kyurem as it has probably one of the best coverages in the game, and as my team does not have wish support, i do not appreciate my kyurem-b wearing down so easily, and with the expert belt, it will dent anyone just as hard to to its superior coverage. I also give it hp-fire to completely annihilate volt-turn teams, as usually in volt turn teams feature scizor - who i have to lose momentum for if i was just running the normal sub-sets. The rest of the moves are pretty self-explanitory, the standard sp attack set

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 Hp / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Brick Break/Zen Headbutt
This thing is an absolute monster, being able to demolish everything that kyurem-b cannot kill, including fairies and bulky psychic types. I run choice band to further increase its already high power. The first three moves are self explanitory, but the final move is up for grabs, with zen headbutt being more reliable against zard-x, or brick break to hit heatran. The EV's are used to outrun + speed base 80's, with the rest dumped into attack and hp to further increase its already decent bulk

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 18 HP / 252 Atk / 238 SpD
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
With the lati twins rising in power, why dont i just kill it with a click of a button. The pursuit trapper is the ultimate special wall, with the EV's and brave nature maximising an attack, and when this thing is wearing an assault vest, its special bulk becomes terryfying. Ice beam is for lando-t on switch, stone edge for stab, and superpower has near infinite uses, as it can take care of such mons including heatran, bisharp and even chansey.
The Ev's are used to unbelievably, live a focus blast from lando-i:
252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 18 HP / 238+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 291-343 (84.3 - 99.4%), but with its removal, i guess the EV's can be changed.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
With no reliable switch in to fighting types with knock off, this mon provides the perfect utility in my team to tank up all fighting types, as well as annoying setup-sweepers. The moveset is strange, but the idea is; get rid of their rocks, set up mine, and then click whirlwind. Obviously, skarmory is suseptible to taunt, but i run victini- kb for a reason, as they both destroy taunts. Max defense is used to tank up hits. It is also my last resort to something like a +4 zardx if it uses victini as set up bait, as with sturdy, i am able to whirlwind it away

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
This is my set-up sweeper, revenge killer all in one. With its ability to revenge kill as well as pivot with fake out makes this mon quite strong. PuP is used over Ice Punch or any other variant as i do need a win con apart from victini k-b breaking everything, and when this thing gets a few PuP under its belt, and with perfect coverage from two moves, this is definately one scary mon. I also run Adamant as there is nothing really i need to outspeed, as tyranitar is able to take out + 135's such as sceptile or manetric

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
With my team extremely weak to the ever-present keldeo, i needed at least something to switch it into, and this is the perfect idea. 24 Spdef Ev's are used to tank 2 hydropumps after SR, and then i can just t'wave it so it becomes useless, that even my slow kyurem-b can kill. Psyshock is used to beat all cm variants, and scald is just a useful move in general. Slack off further boosts its recovery. Max defense is also used to tank fire types such as infernape and still live hits such as knock off conkeldurr and threaten it back with psyshock

Asukara

これをやろう!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team you have there, i would like to give some suggestions.

• I would suggest you use Final Gambit for your 4th move, can be great in crucial moments, like if a gyarados has +1, you can't use Bolt Strike because ot won't kill, however, Final Gambit can do that, and you should change it to Choice Scarf if you are going to use Final Gambit.
  • Your team is really weak to Mega-Altaria(Special Attacker), i would suggest that you use Heatran, it can easily counter Special attacking Altaria.
Good luck. n_n

This team is decent. After some quick use, I went 7-1 (although low ladder, so that doesn't mean much). It is good in many cases, but I think you need some help against Rotom-W. Not much can handle it well on this team. You can Earth Power with Kyurem but if the opponent realizes how useful it is, they can just switch or volt switch if they predict it coming in. Offensive electric types in general can handle this team well, but other than that it does decent.

Import for those who want to try it
Code:
Victini @ Choice Band
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike
- V-create

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Tyranitar (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 18 HP / 252 Atk / 238 SpD
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Paul (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

@ Final Demolition,
Victini is used as a wallbreaker, not a revenge killer, so switching out band for scarf i think isn't at all necessary. Furthemore, if ther is a +1 gyarados, my skarm can just whirlwind it away.
@ AtomicFlygon2018
kyurem-b iis the answer to rotom-w, because 90 percent of the time, k-b is faster than rotom and can just earth power it which does around 60, whilst it can only W-o-W , and then they will switch out into their ground resist or immune, and then just ice beam its face.

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there really solid team you have there however I would like to suggest a few things to improve the team n_n
  • Firstly, I do realize that your team is a little weak to Fairies especially things like
    or
    as the first 3 gets a kill most of the time it comes in if it has the correct set and as for the last, it can set up on your team/thunder wave your Victini switch-in which will be rather annoying. So as to fix that, I'll actually recommend having a SpDef
    which is actually pretty popular in the metagame right now and run Iron Head as your attacking move instead of having Whirlwind otherwise it is just a perfect Taunt-bait. However special attacking
    might be a problem if it has FireBlast so that's where the SpDef investments help to scout it out before switching to things like
    or
    would help.

• Secondly, I would definitely recommend running Trick as your last move on
    instead of Brick Break/Zen Headbutt because even a resisted V-create hits harder than Zen Headbutt so it's rather useless and Brick Break only hits things like
    /
    of which U-turn would be a lot more useful so as to provide momentum for your team. Trick enables
    to catch things in stall teams off-guard like
    252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 210-248 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Victini Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 187-222 (52.3 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    Here I am just using Garchomp as an example

• Lastly, I do notice that you are relying on
    's bulk to take on
    however it is not a switch in for Shadow Ball + Focus Blast and without the scenario of 1vs1,
    basically takes a kill every time it comes in safely. So instead of running Assault Vest on
    , I would recommend Choice Scarf
    since it still serves it's role of pursuit trapping
    but it is also now able to kill off
    easily. With that change, you are also able to run more speed on Kyurem-B so that it helps to kill off things much reliably which otherwise might out-speed it.
    Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    - Crunch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

You can swap out Crunch/Superpower if you feel like it's not needed for Ice Beam to lure things like Landorus-T however Superpower make sure that you have a check for a Bisharp if it somehow ever gets out of hand and gets to +2 or more.

Hope it helps n_n

thanks for ur advice. There are three replies which i think i need to give you
  • Spdef skarmory is definately a great idea, so ideally, can u give me a spred of Ev's?
  • I guess i can use trick to victini. Advise taken!
  • Finally, AV tyranitar is 100 percent able to take on all forms of gengar (apart from sub disable, disabling the pursuit) as it can live any shadow ball/focus blast combo and kill it with pursuit
Once again, thanks for your constructive feedback

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For the
's EV I would recommend running 224HP/252SpDef with a Careful nature and remaining EVs into Def or Speed if you decide to have Taunt on it. With the given SpDef investment it helps to take on things like
pretty well since they can only hurt you with Focus Blast which tends to miss as you roost stall it out. It also wins things like
easily so that Iron Head will kill it off. With
being specially defensive now, you must rely more on
to deal with things like
and other physical attackers which is generally still pretty easy to do so.

Also do run speed EVs on
so that you can out-speed things like timid Heatran and pick it off with Earth Power easily. The bulk is not necessary especially since you have an Assault Vest
to soak up hits and killing them off with Pursuit.

Edit: The reason for the EVs on Skarmory is so that it can maximize as much SpDef it can get with 224HP so that it returns back to Sturdy after 2 turns of Leftover's recovery if you decide to change to it

:] Thanks

Use av slowking over bro, it's a lot more reliable of keldeo answer. It also helps with fairys. Hyper voice from alt does zero.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man actually ur team does have a great sinergy i've seen u struggle just a lil bit against Manaphy cuz threat ur wall core pretty easily so u gotta revenge it with Kyub if it isnt low or lopunny but is handle it at least, Also Fairies are huge issue for ur team cuz skarm lack of moves so is easily wall by Diancie and set up fodder for last mon CM clef that sweep ur team, another thing is ur evs spread are kinda mess so ill leave all the change is ur evs spread / move slot down below
Victini @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Bolt Strike
- V-create

Jolly Max speed for backup check to manaphy at least u can go to speed tie and HKO with CB Bolt Strike

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Roost
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

U can go Life Orb roost too on this mon, although Ferro is annoying for ur team

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 4 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt / Whirlwind
- Defog / Spikes
- Roost

Spedef Skarm to deal with every single fairi and return back with super effective iron head

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Paul (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
hope i help u man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)