Kanto RMT

You read that right. 5th Gen brought a lotta butterfaces to the table, unlike most people I'm not a fan of butterfaces. It's all or nothing for me, while these new Jersey Shore pokemon think they're hot, I prefer a team of heavyweights with experience, who've been around the block if you catch my drift ; )

I'm an oldschool guy lol. Grew up on Kanto and wishing everyday Ash would wipe Gary's smug laugh off his face, well now I'm ready to make some noise with all Kanto Pok'man in the face of smug ugly terror that is BLACK&WHITE

There are enough viable Pokemon in Kanto to make a good team. 1st Gen (best gen) has so many versatile Pokemon, Gengar, Mew, Starmie, Vaporeon. Slowbro is killin it this season, surprisingly. Chansey has a chance to compete with her younger sister Snookie; Even guys like Cloyster and Ninetales are good choices to use.

Am I wasting my time making this team guys? Maybe. I'd have some luck with a Kanto-Johto team, but now I'm focused on ONLY 1ST GENERATION

So far my lineup is
Gyrados (lead, hits like a monster truck)
Slowbro (sweeper, bulky masterpiece)
Chansey (duh)
Mew (wish support)
Dragonite (using the classic mixed attacker)
Machamp (also hits like a truck)

brb checkin create a team

Team Overview

Gyrados
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Bounce
move 4: Ice Fang
item: Leftovers
ability: Intimidate
nature: Adamant
evs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe

This is a weird choice for a lead pokemon, but it really has been useful during testing this team. The premise is simple, try to geta dragon dance or two in and then try to hit what I can. Waterfall is handy at hitting pokemon like excadrill, it's become very good at getting a short sweep done at the begging of the match. Bounce is replaceable, since I don't use it much, I didn't really have much of a good idea what to put for this move, but bounce has come in handy a few times.
Ice fang is for the annoying pokemon like Gligar and hydreigon, after a few DD's it's quite easy to survive a revenge attack from a hydreigon and hit their 4X ice weakness with the added attack.
Life orb/adamant nature and the 252 Attk ev's can really dent a majority of pokemon anyway, but adding the DD's into the mix can really cause harm.
The only problem is that obviously this does nothing to set up any entry hazards, however I will explain this later....

Machamp
move 1: DynamicPunch
move 2: Payback
move 3: Bullet Punch
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Lum Berry
ability: No Guard
nature: Adamant
evs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SpD / 4 Spe

I never used Machamp. Now, with all the Blisseys, Evo Chanseys and Clefables in the metagame I ended up getting stalled for ages with my old team.
DynamicPunch is mainly for wall breaking, things like blissey, ferrothorn and snorlax, even revenge killers like hydreigon are ravaged by 100% acc. DP. If I can outspeed it. Stone edge is for the likes of gyarados, braviary and other vulnerable pokemon. I only ever really use stone edge if I really have to, since it's accuracy could lead to an easy kill from a majority of pokemon.
Mixed Dragonite REALLY helps clean up things that Machamp cannot.

Chansey
move 1: Wish
move 2: Softboiled
move 3: Seismic Toss
move 4: Toxic
item: Eviolite
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

Incredible tank. With Wish's new mechanics Chansey harkens back to the golden days of helping Nurse Joy with everybody's pokemon. Here, I can aid my Gyrados who may need help; Slowbro with REGEN is 2x better, unfortunately Chansey is not much of an offennder, unlike Snorlax or Blissey. Softboiled really comes in handy with the lack of Lefties.....plus it's such a nostalgic move =P Unfortunately I removed Gengar from my team, so I need to switch to Gyrados or Dragonite incase any Fight types come it.

Mew
move 1: Baton Pass
move 2: Rock Polish
move 3: Nasty Plot
move 4: Taunt
item: Lum Berry
evs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe

Honestly it was difficult choosing a moveset for Mew. Unlike Celebi, Mew outclassed with some of it's novelty sets. Amazing versatility though; I hope I'm not wasting its potential as a Support team. This set is admittedly messy but the Baton Pass is for any late game sweeps. Maybe I should add substitute. Nasty Plot helps Afro Slowbro and Dragonite. Taunt is for any stat-uppers who see me Rock Polish/Nasty Plot. It helps to Taunt --> switch to Chansey > WISH IT UP. If Mew doesn't work out Vaporeon might need to come in here.

"Slooowwwwbro............."
move 1: Scald
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Slack Off
item: Leftovers
ability: Regenerator
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

This guy........wow.

Slowbro was definitely the HS Quarterback in his days. His potential wasn't taken advantage of until this Gen.Chansey and him work great together, taking SpA electric, dark, and grass moves that Slowbro wouldn't be cool with.

Wow just look at that picture again guys.

How rock and roll is that.

Anyway, Psychic knocks out Fighters and other waters.
I was thinking of going with Arcanine, great also but high maintenence.

Slowbro counters Machamp, so makes sense to include them both right? Unfortunately no ground pokemon to take electric attacks...Nidoking and queen seem too frail for these jobs. Dugtrio is kind of meh

Dragonite
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Extremespeed
move 4: Roost
item: Life Orb
ability: Multiscale
nature: Rash / Mild
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

I love this guy too. The MixNite set comes out of left center; most are expecting a DD set but not from him; with Mew and Chansey cheerleading from the sidelines, his staying power is incredible. Roost doesn't hurt either, combine that with Wish passing, Rock Polish's or even Nasty Plots and it's gg

Multiscale and Superpower aren't compatible, of course

Anyway, thanks yeah.....that's my team. =D

Maybe try Dragon Tail in place of Bounce on Gyarados. Can help you scout and get rid of pokes he cannot handle.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Keep checkin back here and keep an eye out for good advice I might receive

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Take Ice Fang off of Dos and put on Stone Edge. Better coverage imo, unless dragons are THAT bad for you...

CONSIDER Hypnosis > Taunt on Mew. Also, besides Dragonite, I don't see much that can take a large advantage of the BP boosts, so maybe a Nidoking could find a place on the team.

Also, could you perhaps help me with my team? Thanks.

Ice fang is for the annoying pokemon like Gligar and hydreigon, after a few DD's it's quite easy to survive a revenge attack from a hydreigon and hit their 4X ice weakness with the added attack.
Hydr only has 2x Weakness, you're going to want stone edge on this set, maybe even earthquake as well.

I only ever really use stone edge if I really have to, since it's accuracy could lead to an easy kill from a majority of pokemon.
Use it more, Machamp's ability effects more then just Dynamic Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)