January 12-14 - 7* Flying Blaziken

As an aside, I am pretty comfortable in the odds of a Charge-Metal Sound/Throat Spray-Attack Cheer Miraidon OHKO as long as it's not a relatively early shield and/or a time waster like Hisuian Samurott.
1705018034047.png

Miraidon clears pretty easily with enough time before the shield. I did have an Intimidator and paralysis to help me not take an additional hit after the 90% SD, but it works out pretty well. It did also use a Low Kick on me once instead of Earthquake for some reason.

Also we finally get nickname popups for these mons now that they have pokedex entries.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Obviously Miraidon is safe but Bellibolt is also a solid solo clearer, though this is with the caveat of an Intimidate NPC (Tauros in my case)

:bellibolt:
Bellibolt @ Metronome
Ability: Electromorphosis
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Bold/Modest Nature (I just now realized I never changed the nature I cleared it with Naughty lmao)
- Acid Spray
- Parabolic Charge
- Chilling Water
- Reflect

Set Reflect on Turn 1, hit it with two Acid Sprays, then click Parabolic Charge and Tera when available. Outside of a lucky crit (thank god this thing doesn't have Focus Energy) I don't see a crazy way of losing it solo as long as you have at least one intimidate mon in your four. Honestly this set is probably hella unoptimal and still got it pretty sweat free.

1705021713685.png
1705021721117.png

While Azumarill may not be able to Mud-Slap the flying Blaziken, it still solos anyway, though time and damage are tight enough that the usual brute force sets don't quite make it in time. I actually needed to opt for the Rollout set here as an option that can break through the shield and the rest of Blaziken's HP without having to build up tera charge.

I spam Tickle for the first 4 turns before the shield goes up, then max out on Defense Curls after the initial stat reset, and heal cheer up to Belly Drum range. Rollout 4 ended up just killing after breaking the shield without even terastallizing. I noticed Blaziken tends to fish for Blaze Kick crits more often when you have too many buffs/debuffs. I also noticed that Rock Slide doesn't always seem to hit everyone, but that might be related to it being right after the shield break.

Finally got the solo clear after about 20 something minutes of resetting for good NPCs since the game loves shoving a certain Arboliva trainer in my face every time I so much as bring Miraidon. That, and my frequent bad metal sound whiff/crit rng against me being far worse than the usual tonight. But at least I can sleep soundly until the next 7* rolls around so cheers.

1705023481795.png

Since noone has posted the moves yet.

Less tragic than I expected honestly, it having Blaze Kick rather than Flare Blitz makes the electric/flying brigade pretty safe if you have Chilling Water or Intimidate or similar support to negate the Sword Dance / Bulk Up, as non stab Rock Slide isn't anything special.

everyone online is bringing out their miraidons but no one is attempting the OHKO set up which is annoying

Home is still in maintenance so I'l lgrab my Miraidon tomorrow I guess.

everyone online is bringing out their miraidons but no one is attempting the OHKO set up which is annoying

Home is still in maintenance so I'l lgrab my Miraidon tomorrow I guess.
I can’t tell you how many Miraidon losses I’ve had so far with Miraidon players just attacking turn 1 and ruining the set up. It’s frustrating.

:mew:
Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Trick Room
- Chilling Water
- Acid Spray

what I’ve been using for a support. Taunt T1 to stop the SD, trick room after, then alternate between Chilling Water and Acid Spray. Great combination of damage reduction and progress-making.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
:sv/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Shell Bell
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Electric / Stellar
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Wisp turn 1, Reflect turn 2, Thunderbolt until it resets your buffs, Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt. Reset Reflect when possible. It's pretty straight forward. I didn't really end up using Wisp in my clears but it makes the early setup a lot easier and lets you delay Reflect until later. These EVs were actually designed to live a +2 Close Combat, but it has Low Kick instead, and Low Kick has 20 BP against Rotom. Stellar Tera is probably safer for your bulk but Electric helps with Shell Bell sustain.

what I’ve been using for a support. Charm T1 to nullify the SD, trick room after, then alternate between Lunge and Acid Spray. Great combination of damage reduction and progress-making.
Why not Chilling Water over Lunge so you can actually use your SpDef drops?

1705027919828.png
1705027925392.png

1705027938972.png
1705027944705.png

Marill also solos in a very similar manner to Azumarill, with the exact same moves and ability. 252 Defense Eviolite Marill has rather similar bulk to 252 HP Azumarill*, but due to the lack of Shell Bell healing I skip a Defense Curl or two in exchange for getting my heal cheers up sooner. I noticed Marill can fit in 5 Tickles at the start, though they are inevitably reset by NPC chip damage. Good NPCs and Blaziken going for Blaze Kicks is very helpful.

0+ Atk Tera Flying Blaziken Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Azumarill: 199-235 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO
0+ Atk Tera Flying Blaziken Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Marill: 132-156 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Obviously Miraidon is safe but Bellibolt is also a solid solo clearer, though this is with the caveat of an Intimidate NPC (Tauros in my case)

:bellibolt:
Bellibolt @ Metronome
Ability: Electromorphosis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Bold/Modest Nature (I just now realized I never changed the nature I cleared it with Naughty lmao)
- Acid Spray
- Parabolic Charge
- Chilling Water
- Reflect

Set Reflect on Turn 1, hit it with two Acid Sprays, then click Parabolic Charge and Tera when available. Outside of a lucky crit (thank god this thing doesn't have Focus Energy) I don't see a crazy way of losing it solo as long as you have at least one intimidate mon in your four. Honestly this set is probably hella unoptimal and still got it pretty sweat free.
I cleared solo with this Bellibolt after resetting several times and getting a Taurus NPC. I also had an Arboliva NPC on that same team, which helped a lot with the healing. Nice easy strategy from LucarioOfLegends. And if there was ever a mon that was made for a Fast Ball, it’s this Blaziken lol!

Now I guess I’ll switch to trying to find something that makes this more winnable with online randoms. Probably gonna need to give good support, as I expect to see plenty of Miraidiots in this raid, and they’ll need all the help they can get…

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:Bellibolt: Bellibolt@Metronome
Tera Electrik
136 HP, 252+ Def, 120 SpA (nature can be Bold, Relaxed or Lax)
Parabolic Charge
Chilling Water
Acid Spray
Slack Off (unused)

In theory: that spread lets you tank Earthquake, -1 Earthquake, -1 Earthquake so you can do Acid Spray, Chilling Water then Parabolic Charge. You activate the shield just before you're able to Tera.
Still theorically: you can then use a final Chilling Water before spamming Parabolic Charge until the end.

In practice, I had a Sylveon teammate that used Charm turn 1, so I didn't bother with the final Chilling Water, replaced it with a second Acid Spray, and won easily.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 591118

Since noone has posted the moves yet.

Less tragic than I expected honestly, it having Blaze Kick rather than Flare Blitz makes the electric/flying brigade pretty safe if you have Chilling Water or Intimidate or similar support to negate the Sword Dance / Bulk Up, as non stab Rock Slide isn't anything special.
Apparently if you hold a Shuca Berry, Blaziken won’t use EQ. Surely this trivialises it for Miraidon. (haven’t done the raid or tested this yet)

Apparently if you hold a Shuca Berry, Blaziken won’t use EQ. Surely this trivialises it for Miraidon. (haven’t done the raid or tested this yet)
I actually did exactly that with Bellibolt, when I remembered that quirk after trying a couple of times, and there was no Earthquake in sight. Max HP/Def Shuca Berry Bellibolt with Parabolic Charge/Chilling Water/Acid Spray/Reflect is a good support online, helped me get a win with a Koraidon teammate, and a different time with Tera-Water Cetitan host. I imagine it can solo as well, even with no SpAtk EV.
I also tried Slowbro I had from the Cinderace raid, unchanged, and well, I just spammed Chilling Water and cheers, I don't think randoms will let you set up. But you can live well enough to try solo, I think.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Low Kick also does similar damage from my experience. I’ve been using Life Orb since Blaziken stat clearing our side kind of invalidates Throat Spray. If anyone has a better option please!

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Found a relatively easy (not quick) solo - Idr if I had a teammate with intimdate or not.

Forgot how to add a minisprite but.

Miraidon @ Shell Bell
Modest (4 HP, 252 Def, 252 SpA)
Parabolic Charge
Metal Sound
Charge
Electro Drift

Metal Sound once, then Parabolic Charge, shield should now be up. Continue to Parabolic until shield goes down, Tera when available obvs, Metal Sound again after shield breaks, then Parabolic Charge/Electro Drift your way home.

after attempting the miraidon solo several times and failing, i tried the support bellibolt and succeeded after some readjusting of its stats on the second attempt.

It took two full turns after it died for the game to actually finish realizing that the blaziken died.

I didnt have a Fast Ball so I settled for the Repeat Ball.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The solo on this raid isn't too tough if you cheese it by resetting for an Intimidate NPC, but online is another story completey. This is a hard raid to clear online because Blaziken has spectacular coverage, lots of big BP moves, and boosts itself quickly. In online battles with typical Miraidons, Blaziken is just steamrolling everything. Yes, there's the usual inept noobs doing stupid stuff, but even players with decent mons like Miraidon and Bellibolt, they aren't doing enough damage suppression with Reflect and Chilling Water. Instead they go straight for SpDef lowering and spamming Parabolic Charge. And that's fine if they can live through it, but sadly most teams are decimated after the Swords Dance or the inevitable crit happens. I don't know if we can find something more successful for online play, but I think we should work on it.

Here are two mons that I have been using for support that have significantly increased my win rate with online teams.

:sv/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Water
Ability: Own Tempo
Bold Nature
- Chilling Water
- Trick Room
- Iron Defense
- Slack Off

Most standard mons in the Blaziken raid fare a LOT better when they can move first. So the biggest thing this Slowbro does is set Trick Room at the very beginning. After that, it does one Iron Defense to give it basically infinite life with Lefties and then it just spams Chilling Water to lower Blazikens attack as much as possible. Slack Off is rarely used and probably could be replaced with something else, but it comes in handy after the occasional SD-boosted crit, and because Bro is faster than Blaziken it is guaranteed to heal up before the next hit.

This Slowbro is a welcome addition to any online team and for that reason it is my default right now for online play. But, if I see a team that is loaded full of Miraidons or other mons that I don't think will try too much to debuff the boss -- then the following mon has been an absolute gamechanger for me in making online wins almost trivial:

:sv/malamar:
Malamar @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Psychic
Ability: Contrary
Bold Nature
- Skill Swap
- Stored Power
- Reflect
- Nasty Plot

Skill Swapping Contrary onto Blaziken is monumental for this raid. Turning that first Swords Dance into a -2 debuff is such a huge reversal for raid success against Blaziken, I can't emphasize it enough. It's not just that it neuters the normal hits -- arguably even more important is how it keeps the critical hits in manageble territory for most teams. Because most teams will have done a Reflect or whatever to suppress damage, but when Blaziken Swords Dances it goes to +2 AND it has accrued a Speed Boost or two -- then it gets a Critical Hit on one of those first few hits before the team Chill Waters or otherwise lowers the attack (which most online teams don't do anyway, because they only spam attacks) and those +2 crits just annihilate everything. With Contrary, even if Blaziken crits, it only crits with normal Attack, not boosted. This is huge, huge, huge in my experience.

After Contrary is swapped, the hard work is done. I put up Reflect and then usually do Cheers to support the team as needed. If I have free turns, I do Nasty Plot, because combined with the Speed Boosts you get from the Skill Swap -- Stored Power becomes a legit damage-dealer later in the battle. Normally Malamar isn't needed for offense, but on the occasion where I have stupid teammates that don't get with the program and button mash attacks like good boys, it's nice that Malamar can move things along offensively if it has to.

The BIG downside with Malamar is making sure you choose the right teams to play it on. Because there are several teams with boss debuffs in their movesets (Acid Spray and Chilling Water mostly) and they have no clue what is going on when Malamar does the Skill Swap thing. And so they happily keep spamming Acid Spray and Chilling Water which makes Blaziken a total juggernaut. I still bring Malamar in many battles even if I see a Bellibolt on my team, even though Bellibolt SHOULD be using debuff moves. Most randoms using Bellibolts don't play it properly and just spam Parabolic Charge, so Malamar can do its thing just fine. But occasionally I have been burned by Belli players inadvertently boosting Blaziken, none the wiser to its skill-swapped ability.

One pro-tip when playing with Miraidons is to wait a few seconds at the start of the battle before doing Skill Swap, just in case the Miraidons fire off Metal Sounds. But don't wait too long, because I've gotten surprised by dumb Miraidons getting fainted super-fast and the shield procs before I can Skill Swap. If that happens, your team is screwed because Malamar is pretty much dead weight without doing the Contrary trick. So, I'd rather take my chances with a Contrary Blaziken that has an accidentally-boosted Special Defense (because I swapped Contrary prior to Miraidon doing Metal Sound) than to face a Blaziken that can Swords Dance, Bulk Up, and Speed Boost to its hearts content.

Malamar is freaking awesome on lots of online teams, and I rarely lose if the team has decent attackers and don't do debuffs. That's really the beauty of using Malamar -- you actually want stupid online button-masher players to be stupid button-mashers! If they do, well... it's an easy GG when you play the "squid game" lol ;-)

Last edited:
:Qwilfish-Hisui:
Qwilfish-Hisui @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: w/e
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Acid Spray
- Chilling Water
- Rain Dance

I've been enjoying Hisuian Qwilfish. Despite the weakness to EQ, Intimidate + Eviolite + Chilling Water pretty much invalidates that weakness. Taunt stops set up, Acid Spray supports Bellibolt, Miraidon, and other SpA mons, and Rain Dance helps the Electric/Flying-types as well as Qwilfish itself if it gets hit by Overheat.

-1 0+ Atk Tera Flying Blaziken Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Qwilfish-Hisui: 68-80 (20.3 - 23.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

0- SpA Tera Flying Blaziken Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Qwilfish-Hisui in Rain: 73-87 (21.8 - 26%) -- 3.2% chance to 4HKO

Some solo builds I've found here and there:

:miraidon:
Miraidon @ Metronome
Ability: Hadron Engine
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Parabolic Charge

A rendition of the Miraidon solo that just uses 3 moves. Reflect T1, Taunt T2, then spam PC. Brainless solo.

:archaludon:
Archaludon @ Shell Bell
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Breaking Swipe
- Metal Sound
- Focus Energy
- Electro Shot

Saw this one on a YT vid and it's pretty fun, albeit crit prone. Breaking Swipe until you build Tera, Tera and Metal Sound, Focus Energy, use Electro Shot until you break shield, Metal Sound twice, then Electro Shot for the kill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)