itt quotes / lines / phrases you like

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason"
-Benjamin Franklin

"Two hands working will accomplish more than a thousand clasped in prayer"
-anonymous

"A wise man once told me the ultimate goal in life is to live an aesthetically pleasing one,

AND TO GET CHISELED"

"I may not know much, but I know the difference between chicken shit and chicken salad."
- Lyndon B. Johnson

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
- Winston Churchill

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it."
- Moses Hadas

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."
- Mark Twain

"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here."
- Stephen Bishop

"He is a self-made man and worships his creator."
- John Bright

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork."
- Mae West

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."
- Oscar Wilde

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination."
- Andrew Lang

“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.”
- Jack E. Leonard

“He has Van Gogh's ear for music.”
- Billy Wilder

“A modest little person, with much to be modest about.”
- Winston Churchill

The exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor:
She said, "If you were my husband I'd give you poison."
He said, "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"The object of war is not to die for your own country, but to make the other bastards die for theirs." -George Patton

"Grilled Feebas? Grilled Feebas." -chaos

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
“No fire, no heroism, no intensity of thought or feeling, can preserve a life beyond the grave; all the labours of the ages, all the devotion, all the inspiration, all the noonday brightness of human genius, are destined to extinction in the vast death of the solar system; and the whole temple of man’s achievement must inevitably be buried beneath the debris of a universe in ruins.”

- Bertrand Russell

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, 'Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, 'Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' And we...kill those people. 'Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok... But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

- Bill Hicks

"It's good to be paranoid. People need to be more paranoid. Case in point, JFK. If I had been JFK, I would've seen all three gunmen. I would've pulled out my concealed Luger and fired first. Man in book depository, boom! Grassy knoll, boom! Fake Jakie, boom! Then is shoot myslef, so I don't change history and create a paradox, boom! But right at the last minute I twist out of the way of the bullet. Nice try, history. Better luck next year." -Dwight Schrute

"True sorrow in life comes not from being sad, but from pretending to be happy" ~ some random flash video

"If you cry at night because you lost the sun, the tears will not let you see the stars"-Bob Marley

"TAKEN DOWN FROM THE WORD GO!" Pokemon Stadium Commentator.

"Go ... Away" Darkrai.

"It's Hideous" Lord Farquad
"Aww, that's not very nice. It's just a donkey." Shrek

"NOW I'LL SHOW YOU" Sonic

"The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie" Unknown wall artist.

‎"I am fire! And life incarnate! Now and forever -- I am PHOENIX!" by Jean gray

"That's how I survived. Time and time again. That's my secret. I survived because I willed it to be. ... How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames" by Emma Frost

"Any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for" by charles Xavier

three of my fav quotes

Your speaking perfect parsletongue, cos my snake is rising

My name may not be Luna but I can make you Lovegood

^^ Harry Potter Chat up lines

Nothing is True, Everything is permitted - Assassin's Creed

Generally the Assassin's Creed stuff, and the Matrix

"Luke, I am your father"

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Agent Smith said:
I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.
A couple of songs have extremely clever lyrics imo - Metallica's Master of Puppets and Megadeth's Dread and the Fugitive Mind.

That's all I can think of atm.

That's actually almost always misquoted, the real quotation is:

"No. I am your father."
Finally, somebody who actually realizes this. Way to go vast majority of people I've seen try to quote Star Wars, it's 5 words.

"I was kind of excited about going to jail the first time and I learned some great dialogue."

"I've always thought my soundtracks do pretty good, because they're basically professional equivalents of a mix tape I'd make for you at home."

"Violence is one of the most fun things to watch."

- Quentin Tarantino

Edit @ jumpluff: That is a sad link. Ash never said "Aim for the horn!" :(

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
[In regione caecorum rex est luscus.]
-Desiderius Erasmus (1466 - 1536)

"History always finds a way. Shoot the dictator? But he's just the boil that forms from the social pus of a down-trodden nation, another would replace him. Shoot him too? You might as well just shoot everyone and invade Poland" - Terry Pratchett

Every lyric in the song "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate" - Iron Maiden.

This (no, not lemonparty)

some of my faves:
4. You are not Superman; Marines and fighter pilots take note.
15. The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions:
a. When they're ready.
b. When you're not.
26. If you are short of everything but the enemy, you are in the combat zone.
37. Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing.
57. It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.
58. When in doubt, empty your magazine.
91. All-weather close air support doesn't work in bad weather.
136. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

Albert Einstein said:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Also, on the topic of misquoted lines:
What people think the Toad said in Super Mario Bros. said:
Sorry, Mario, but our princess is in another castle.
What the Toad actually said. said:
Thank you, Mario! But our princess is in another castle!

NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN
NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU
NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY, NEVER GONNA SAY GOODBYE
NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE AND HURT YOU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)