Its getting cold here...

The Team:

Well, I was always trying to get a kinda good / successfull Hail team but I mostly failed... this one was the best out of them.

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Ice Shard: Imo obvious for a CBSnow.
- Wood Hammer: Chosen over Seed Bomb for the extra power.
- Earthquake: For nice coverage.
- Focus Punch: If I clash with something I am superior to, I'll most likely use this and punish the incoming Pokémon.

Abomasnow is pretty obvious in a Hail team, isnt it ?
I chose the CB one for the surprise factor, allowing me to get some not expected KOs against weakened foes.
Not much to say here, but I am not quiet happy about this set atm.. it seems like I am wasting him all the games.
---

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 204 HP/36 Spd/96 SAtk/172 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf: Obvious STAB, a must on every Tentacruel.
- Ice Beam: To hit the flyers, that don't get hit by TS.
- Rapid Spin: Pretty much needed on a Hail team, although just 2 of my Pokémon are weak to it.
- Toxic Spikes: Since I am going stallish a bit, TS is a nice entry hazard.

Tentacruel is awesome on a Hail team.
It helped me alot on many occasions, while I was also able to put TS nearly in all of my games.
Its pretty reliable, blocking the most attacks fired at Weavile.
No problems with it, so I would like to keep it.

---

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/96 Def/160 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball: To not get completely shut down by Taunt.
- Will-o-wisp: Its necessary for me so physical Attackers don't run over my team.
- Sleep Talk: :O
- Rest: O=

Spiritomb is a useful Pokémon of my team, blocking Rapid Spin and Fighting attacks;
something my team has problems with ( Tentacruel doesnt work all the time ).
Its WoW helped me to survive critical hits many times and it works pretty OK.
Still, it looks like it can't do that much.
---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake: Nice STAB alongside Surf.
- Ice Beam: Extra coverage.
- Surf: Imo, every water Pokémon should either have this or Waterfall.
- Stealth Rock: Entry hazard; needed on my team.

Swampert blocks Tyranitar, one of the most dominant Pokémon nowadays, pretty effectively.
He blocks lots of physical attacks, while also able to dish out some damage.
I am quiet happy with it.
I am not sure if I should put Roar on him, so my opponent would have to switch alot more.
---

Clefable (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Protect: To get Toxic Orb working and stalling with TS
- Facade: STAB that hurts with Orb
- Meteor Mash: Attempt to hurt some more Pokémon and get that +1 boost.
- Softboiled: Reliable way of healing

To be honest, I don't completely now why this one is even here..
I read that guide yesterday and there was a mention of Clefable, hence I used it.
It has worked decent, but I think this could be replaced by a more dangerous Pokémon ( probably Breloom ? ).

---

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch: Unfortunately, its his best STAB.
- Ice Shard: To hit the likes of Skymin and finish off weakened foes.
- Night Slash: Second STAB, gets some lucky CH.
- Brick Break: Way to at least scratch some Steel Pokémon.

Weavile comes in to wreck havoc to the opponent, killing off Pokémon with its immense power.
In addition, its pretty fast, something that has helped me lots of times.
But he is pretty frail and CB doesnt seem to work that good.
For example, I use BB to only see a Skymin coming in, spoiling the fun.
I am considering changing to the SDer.
---

Well, thats its, its a decent team, that looks like it has many flaws; this team is a bit stallish, so I think I'd like to see a more offense in this so I can actually hurt my Pokémon. I have problems with Scizor and Ape atm.

Wow, a hail team without Stallrein? Since you yourself said that Clefable an be dropped and you will be stalling for a bit, I suggest Stallrein over Clefable. You're also going to want a better spin blocker than Spiritomb. A rest-talk or scarf rotom-h(preferably rest-talk) with t-bolt and overheat/will-o-wisp would really help with your spin blocking.

Blizzard has 100% accuracy in hail, so it may be a good idea to change the Ice Beams to Blizzards, unless it's the extra PP you want.

Sustained Serenity

You may want to replace Clefable. You may want to try out Walrein. He is quite the staller when used in the right hands. Also having Toxic Spikes out will help you stall more Pokemon out with Walrein.

I completely agree with O.OWNAGE. From past experience Abomasnow does not have the monstrous attack score of higher sweepers. He tends to lean to a stallish set. His main objective in hail is to leech HP from bulky waters, and also the main walls. The subseed set should also have Focus Punch somewhere. You can bluff to some walls, such as Bronzong, that you don't have Focus Punch. Then, they'll think you only have Wood Hammer. They then switch in Heatran to let you score a free KO, or switch in their TTar. That could be deadly early game as you will be able to take complete control of the weather.

Hoped I helped. O_O

Ok hail teams. I like them. Time to rate.

For abomasnow I agree whole heartedly with the comments of the above posters to try a sub seed stalling set. Such a set could look somthing like this: Abomasnow@ Leftovers
4 atk 252 spd 252 sp. atk
Timid/Naive/Rash
Leech Seed
Focus Punch
Substitute
Blizzard

This set is right out of the analysis. It allows 'snow to survive longer which is essential for him to trade weather with tyranitar and hippowdon, who both have more survivability in general.

Tentacruel looks good, but you might want to consider either blizzard or hidden power electric over ice beam. Blizzard, being 100% accurate in hail, might help you with that power increase in the long run. Hp electric allows you to actually touch bulky waters.

Spiritomb also looks ok, he is a great check to lucario which is essential in a hail team. If you would like it to do more, you could switch to the cm mono attacker, (252 hp, 252 def, 4 sp. def) with sleep talk, rest, calm mind, and dark pulse. This would leave you more vunerable to physical lucario, but would beat special lucario more effectively. Or, you could abandon 'tomb and get a nice fridge rotom to scare off/kill lucario and more effectively counter scizor. Restalk with Will-o-wisp, and Tbolt works fine.

As for swampert, I would suggest putting roar over either Ice beam or Earthquake. This would give you more phazing and would help to spread around poison via toxic spikes. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Clefable seems to be the weak link on this team and you have expressed this concern yourself as well. To remedy this, I would put stallrein over clefable. The standard set is 252 hp 252 def 4 sp. def with leftovers and surf/blizzard, protect, substitute, and roar/toxic. Go with surf for more pp and accuracy, blizzard for power. Go roar for phazing and shuffling and toxic if you don't trust your toxic spikes or you want to poison flyers/levitaters.

Finally, weavile looks like it could go two ways. You could make it the Swords dance version, or replace it with mamoswine. Either one works, and I think you should decide which would be best for your playstyle and team.

Hope I helped and good luck with the team,

-chaos 9

Sustained Serenity

Ok hail teams. I like them. Time to rate.

For abomasnow I agree whole heartedly with the comments of the above posters to try a sub seed stalling set. Such a set could look somthing like this: Abomasnow@ Leftovers
4 atk 252 spd 252 sp. atk
Timid/Naive/Rash
Leech Seed
Focus Punch
Substitute
Blizzard

This set is right out of the analysis. It allows 'snow to survive longer which is essential for him to trade weather with tyranitar and hippowdon, who both have more survivability in general.

Tentacruel looks good, but you might want to consider either blizzard or hidden power electric over ice beam. Blizzard, being 100% accurate in hail, might help you with that power increase in the long run. Hp electric allows you to actually touch bulky waters.

Spiritomb also looks ok, he is a great check to lucario which is essential in a hail team. If you would like it to do more, you could switch to the cm mono attacker, (252 hp, 252 def, 4 sp. def) with sleep talk, rest, calm mind, and dark pulse. This would leave you more vunerable to physical lucario, but would beat special lucario more effectively. Or, you could abandon 'tomb and get a nice fridge rotom to scare off/kill lucario and more effectively counter scizor. Restalk with Will-o-wisp, and Tbolt works fine.

As for swampert, I would suggest putting roar over either Ice beam or Earthquake. This would give you more phazing and would help to spread around poison via toxic spikes. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Clefable seems to be the weak link on this team and you have expressed this concern yourself as well. To remedy this, I would put stallrein over clefable. The standard set is 252 hp 252 def 4 sp. def with leftovers and surf/blizzard, protect, substitute, and roar/toxic. Go with surf for more pp and accuracy, blizzard for power. Go roar for phazing and shuffling and toxic if you don't trust your toxic spikes or you want to poison flyers/levitaters.

Finally, weavile looks like it could go two ways. You could make it the Swords dance version, or replace it with mamoswine. Either one works, and I think you should decide which would be best for your playstyle and team.

Hope I helped and good luck with the team,

-chaos 9
To remedy his bulky water problem he can go with 252 SpD EVs for Abomasnow. He'll be able to leech them with ease. 0 Spe EVs and Sassy nature is a must to slow himself in the beginning of a battle to make sure he gains the weather.

Fridge-Rotom may be a great addition to his team. I'd rather have Blizzard somewhere to abuse the hail, and also have the boltbeam combo going. Restalk is viable too.

Stallrein's EVs should be this: 220 HP, 244 Def, 46 Spe. 220 HP gives you the ability to have a good number of healing. 244 Def is for the better bulk. 46 Spe outpseeds Spe Skarmory and Swampert. That will let you phaze them out before they can phaze you.

Thanks for the great help.

Atm, I've been trying out some of the suggestions ( SubSeedSnow, EVs on Cruel, Walrein, Mamoswine ). I'll test out Rotom-f today and write if the suggestions worked or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)