Item metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so this may be coming way out of left field but I think it may deserve at least a consideration. I think the community should create a metagame where artificial items such as potions or battle items can be used. It has the potential to really add some diversity to the metagame. Obviously certain limits would be made such as how many items can be brought into a battle and banning broken ones, but if tested it might make for a fun and still competitive metagame.

The main thing I would want to gain from this is knowledge on the metagame and how it develops. Powerful Pokemon like Terrakion or Keldeo could do things like run scarf or band and use an X-Speed or Attack to put on a lot of pressure. Bulky Pokemon like Landorus-T could run X speed to Outspeed a powerful threat with out investing much in speed and KO it or hit a switch in hard. A +1 special attack or speed life orb starmie sounds pretty threatening as well. With limits on how many items can be used and specific ones being chosen chosen in advance it could make for some really tactical positions for players. These are just some scenarios running in my head and I'm sure it could be a lot of fun, Just a thought. Thanks for the consideration!

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was an OM forum haha. I really only play OU and don't use the forums often. My B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)