Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

I've had a bit of experience with Fur Coat. It was pretty good, low on the ladder, because people would inexplicably stay in with Landorus, etc, netting you an easy kill with Surf. But Furfrou's shitty movepool really makes you a one trick pony, an unstoppable physical wall that's only good at Toxic stalling and not much else. If you had to give it to anyone, it would be Suicuine (which I've used to decent effect), but back when I first started I ran it on Slowking for some reason. Here's my one replay I have saved (which really shows off Unaware Umbreon more than anything). I had another match where I tanked +2 MPinsir Espeed and killed with Surf, and generally it makes any Pokemon a good GW, etc. check at the cost of their general usefulness. Of course, Mega Gyarados destroys you all the same.
Zekrom: Victini
I'm curious about this choice -- what does it give you? More accurate Bolt Strike + non-STAB V-create at the cost of Dragon STAB? I'd honestly rather stick with default Zek, or to go for Zard X, which gives Tough Claws + DD:

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch
- Roost/Earthquake

Gale Wings can't stop your sweep:
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 138-162 (40.4 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Nor can Unaware:
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Suicune: 338-400 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Cresselia: 265-312 (59.6 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Lugia: 312-369 (75 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Giratina: 530-624 (105.3 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Groudon: 235-278 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just watch out for Glalie and Altaria Espeed.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I've had a bit of experience with Fur Coat. It was pretty good, low on the ladder, because people would inexplicably stay in with Landorus, etc, netting you an easy kill with Surf. But Furfrou's shitty movepool really makes you a one trick pony, an unstoppable physical wall that's only good at Toxic stalling and not much else. If you had to give it to anyone, it would be Suicuine (which I've used to decent effect), but back when I first started I ran it on Slowking for some reason. Here's my one replay I have saved (which really shows off Unaware Umbreon more than anything). I had another match where I tanked +2 MPinsir Espeed and killed with Surf, and generally it makes any Pokemon a good GW, etc. check at the cost of their general usefulness. Of course, Mega Gyarados destroys you all the same.

I'm curious about this choice -- what does it give you? More accurate Bolt Strike + non-STAB V-create at the cost of Dragon STAB? I'd honestly rather stick with default Zek, or to go for Zard X, which gives Tough Claws + DD:

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Thunder Punch
- Roost/Earthquake

Gale Wings can't stop your sweep:
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 138-162 (40.4 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Nor can Unaware:
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Suicune: 338-400 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Cresselia: 265-312 (59.6 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Lugia: 312-369 (75 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Giratina: 530-624 (105.3 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Groudon: 235-278 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just watch out for Glalie and Altaria Espeed.
Thanks, and its actually a really good set. Beats most priority not named slaking/regigigas (which is like all of it), gale wings, unaware, and a few other threats.

Now get on showdown and battle me imo.

Thanks, and its actually a really good set. Beats most priority not named slaking/regigigas (which is like all of it), gale wings, unaware, and a few other threats.

Yeah, probably a good idea to have a Ghost or two on your team to handle Normal spam. 100/120 physical defensive stats is actually really solid, though, so a bulky DD set is not out of the question to be able to tank an Espeed or two (probably just one).

I'll make an Ubers team some time after I have a lull in schoolwork.

Ubers Inheritance seems fun, here are some suggestions:

1. Let's make it so you can inherit from CAP pokemon, this will make it extremely interesting. If you don't know what CAP is, it's create-a-pokemon. There are 19 CAP pokemon who can be found by not choosing what type of team you want to create in the team builder and then scrolling to the bottum.
2. Why is inheriting from Sableye banned? I don't think it should be banned, especially with the offensive behemoths we have.
3. Zekrom might need a ban, it's very difficult to wall. Ferrothorn walls it but can't do much back except phaze and burn/toxic (sub is a thing). I also tried to use Volt absorb Xerneas but that's centralising as hell and generally a waste of a team spot.
4. Quick ban Shadow tag, you now have Mega gengar with every pokemons moveset. (Mega sableye, Zoroark, Mew ect) It can set up on passive mons and then sweep entire teams.
5. Reading through this metagame I just want to ban everything lmao. Everything is being extremely overpowered. Pixilate Xerneas, Aerialate Yveltal just a ton of really powerful stuff..

252+ SpA Choice Specs Palkia Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Heavy Rain: 343-405 (53.4 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Palkia Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina in Heavy Rain: 285-336 (56.6 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Rest in peace Chansey and Giratina... Oh wait, you say Specially Defensive Giratina walls you? Too bad you can't wall this.

252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Giratina in Harsh Sunshine: 265-312 (52.6 - 62%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edit: So, based on what I see (I haven't played), seems like Primal Groudon, Palkia, Gale Wings Rayquaza pretty much destroy every kind of things in Ubers. Add Mega Salamence for Espeeders and Protean Deoxys A. There's your standard HO team. No need Shadow Tag because of the calc above (and Giratina isn't affected by Shadow Tag because of Ghost type).

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Ubers Inheritance seems fun, here are some suggestions:

1. Let's make it so you can inherit from CAP pokemon, this will make it extremely interesting. If you don't know what CAP is, it's create-a-pokemon. There are 19 CAP pokemon who can be found by not choosing what type of team you want to create in the team builder and then scrolling to the bottum.
2. Why is inheriting from Sableye banned? I don't think it should be banned, especially with the offensive behemoths we have.
3. Zekrom might need a ban, it's very difficult to wall. Ferrothorn walls it but can't do much back except phaze and burn/toxic (sub is a thing). I also tried to use Volt absorb Xerneas but that's centralising as hell and generally a waste of a team spot.
4. Quick ban Shadow tag, you now have Mega gengar with every pokemons moveset. (Mega sableye, Zoroark, Mew ect) It can set up on passive mons and then sweep entire teams.
5. Reading through this metagame I just want to ban everything lmao. Everything is being extremely overpowered. Pixilate Xerneas, Aerialate Yveltal just a ton of really powerful stuff..
1. why? Cap has custom abilities too, and it tends to overcomplicate things. lets not bring elements from outside the actual games into this please.
2. Because its included in standard clauses and bans which will not be changed due to this metagame. TBH the only thing thats bad with it is chansey which gets shit on by all the power in this meta, so if you want to use it I won't stop you tbh.
3. Zekrom is ofc centralizing with that electric typing but there are all kinds of things you can't wall in this meta. I'm not too worried about it being that much better than everything else.
4. Shadow tag can't trick, but I see your point, and I think gengar-Mega would be bad for it. however, don't forget - this is ubers, and since only mega ray is banned from ubers, I am not going to ban shadow tag at this time.
5. Good luck lol. Its an ubers metagame, everything should be broken and is broken imo. there are wallbreakers aplenty but tons of broken mons lurk that just want to fuck your cool sets. For real, this is one of those fun ass metagames that you always want to play because there is no centralization; you just spam whatever the fuck you want and whoever plays it better wins.

1. why? Cap has custom abilities too, and it tends to overcomplicate things. lets not bring elements from outside the actual games into this please.
2. Because its included in standard clauses and bans which will not be changed due to this metagame. TBH the only thing thats bad with it is chansey which gets shit on by all the power in this meta, so if you want to use it I won't stop you tbh.
3. Zekrom is ofc centralizing with that electric typing but there are all kinds of things you can't wall in this meta. I'm not too worried about it being that much better than everything else.
4. Shadow tag can't trick, but I see your point, and I think gengar-Mega would be bad for it. however, don't forget - this is ubers, and since only mega ray is banned from ubers, I am not going to ban shadow tag at this time.
5. Good luck lol. Its an ubers metagame, everything should be broken and is broken imo. there are wallbreakers aplenty but tons of broken mons lurk that just want to fuck your cool sets. For real, this is one of those fun ass metagames that you always want to play because there is no centralization; you just spam whatever the fuck you want and whoever plays it better wins.
1. To spicy it up, the abilities are already coded.
2. So you're saying that Inheriting from Sableye is allowed? I don't see why regular bans would still apply. Greninja isn't good in Ubers but it's amazing in OU.
3. You're right. At a further look Zekrom is just one out of a plethora of offensive behemoths.
4. Eh, if trap something that's to passive to break Mega Gengars sub it can easily sweep teams. Inherinting from Mew gives you everything you would ever want.
5. eh, we can do that in BH. I'd rather have a metagame where I can play whatever playstyle I want. Stall was great in Inheritance, but HO wasn't awful and HO/BAL had ways around Stall making every playstyle viable. This metagame would just be Palkia spam, Primal Groudon spam and Gale wings Rayquaza. I'd just prefer it if it was rather balanced.

As a reasonably good assist player in Inheritance, I would love for assist to be unbanned in Inheritance ubers if it ever gets implemented (doubt it will though, considering not even regular inheritance has a ladder), because there is one particular assist set that i have never tried before the ban that looks fun :3

hey kids (Banette) (M) @ Banettite
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Assist
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Slack Off

Inherits from Infernape. Assists from Shadow Force. This particular set is meant to be on a team with the unconventional strategy of the rest of the team being unable to use assist, but thankfully that's not a big problem because shadow force is mostly not that great on other Pokemon. Besides i can abuse other shit on my team such as chatter Rayquaza or chatter Lugia.
Anywho, the main strat with this set is that Shadow force will go first on the first turn thanks to prankster, and attack last on the second turn thanks to Banette's minimized speed, effectively making Banette untouchable while still dishing out a lot of damage, ESPECIALLY thanks to its 165 base attack and access to swords dance. Oh, there's a normal type on the field? No worries just smack that basic with a close combat, and if you get to +2 a close combat should demolish ALL normal and dark types. Not that normal and dark types have much to hit you with anyway, even bypasses sucker punch thanks to assist NOT being an attacking move :3

Basically Banette's checks are limited to powerful priority attackers and things that have less than 139 speed (thats mega banettes min speed, so anything slower can actually use moves against Banette even if it uses shadow force). One big problem is that the opponent can keep switching back and forth between their normal type and ghost type to avoid shadow force and close combat altogether. To avoid this you could switch Swords Dance or Slack Off for shadow claw, but it doesn't really accomplish much aside from that, and setup + priority recovery is pretty darn good.

What do you guys think of this set? And more importantly, is assist allowed in Inh Ubers? :3

Gengar learns Trick. Unless you mean something else?...

Played a couple of games of inheritance ubers with xJownage, here's a replay of one of them (we forgot to keep the other replays) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-230731361
This is a seriously fun meta, and I encourage everybody who enjoys inheritance to try it out.
It looks rather offensive but i do believe a more defensive build could be possible as for the moment I think every threat is manageable-ish.
What we can learn from this replay:
- Keldeo isn't completely outclassed
- Slaking is stupidly good
- Groudon is incredibly balky (held an explosion from slaking in another battle)
- Ma boy rhydon is not worthless
- I get a lot of crits sometimes

But in all seriousness, build a team and go challenge either me or xJownage in the OM room. Inheritance ubers needs to become a thing.

EDIT: since nobody's posting I'll add a couple more replays.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-231156015
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-231160376

As expected groudon is stupidly good in inheritance ubers
And keldeo is probably my favorite one for now.

One thing that i was thinking about is gourgeist as it can counter ph / adapt regigigas / slaking and act as a good check to zekrom.

Last edited:
Announcement:

Following a 3 Ban - 1 DnB - 1 Abstain vote by the council, Gale Wings is now banned in Inheritance. The reasoning behind this ban consists of the fact that the raw power of priority CB Brave Bird on Pokemon such as Lando-T and Salamence made it near impossible to deal with on offensive teams without resorting to something such as Regirock or Rhyperior, and even the few offensive checks it had could be whittled down by U-Turn and hazards or Will-O-Wisp.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Copycat
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Focus Blast

This set abuses Prankster Copycat to revenge kill pesky mons. Thundy's great mixed attack allows it to effectively do decent damage to an opponent using their own move against them. It lacks the raw power to kill Suicune or Cresselia consistently, but as a revenge killer it's the most hilarious thing ever to use.

So with the descendants of Smogon Birb out of the tier, what are some other revenge killers / priority users (besides your standard Espeeders) that people have found useful?
I have always advocated for Yvetal Tyranitar, It has the single Strongest Priority available(aside from one that i have not seen discused),(just above Ursaring levels)

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 213-252 (62.4 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
these two gets items because megas
252+ Atk Life Orb Dark Aura Tyranitar Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 255-302 (74.7 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Ursaring Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 250-296 (73.3 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

My personal favorite(which I haven't seen people discuss) is hustle Ursaring--which is a very high damage dealer(from togekiss gets extreeme speed, drain punch, zenheadbutt, and steel wing just enough for a full physical move set)
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Ursaring Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 211-249 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Ursaring Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 270-318 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Ursaring Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 132-156 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I also find technician, Utility, momentum mixes to be very effective
the usefull combos are
Scizor--bullet, u-turn, defog,roost
Ambipom--fakeout, uturn,quick attack,
hitmontop-- fakeout,bulletpunch,rapidspin,machpunch

Honchcrow with moxie+suckerpunch is also a really good combo to use for dark types

protean are also great for the obvious reasons, with fakeout and suckerpunch

Alright then, let's keep the discussion going. Clefable is an excellent donor, it has a good move pool and abilities, here are some ideas.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Knock Off/Ice punch/Fire Punch/Thunder punch/Drain punch/Facade

You belly drum late game and then proceed to smack around the opposition, Metagross's natural bulk allows it to set up on plenty of mons. Only problems it's stopped dead by both unaware users, Cresselia & Suicune :(

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast/Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled/Calm mind

Another pokemon that rapes stall with calm mind, nice right?

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia in Sun: 187-222 (42.1 - 50%) -- 33.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (Cresselia doesn't run Spdef, so it's pretty safe

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 272-320 (67.3 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 170-200 (44.6 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So with the descendants of Smogon Birb out of the tier, what are some other revenge killers / priority users (besides your standard Espeeders) that people have found useful?
I think xJownage already mentioned this a couple times and after testing i agree 100% with him. Adaptability excadrill is an amazing pokemon in the meta and a really good revenge killer. Non resists don't really appreciate adapt + lo bullet punch and eq destroys anything slower.

My personal favorite(which I haven't seen people discuss) is hustle Ursaring--which is a very high damage dealer(from togekiss gets extreeme speed, drain punch, zenheadbutt, and steel wing just enough for a full physical move set)
Ew, that's disgusting.

But yeah I still agree that ttar is one of the best prio user in the meta because sucker punch often comes with a great ability. Illusion and magic bounce are over options I tried with really good success.

Another thing I've used is snorlax inheriting from dragonite. I use him mainly as a special wall with multiscale / roost / defog and stuff but stab Extremespeed from a base 110 attack is still pretty darn powerfull.

Inheritance Ubers!

with the growing popularity of inheritance ubers I thought that it'd make sense to have a proper banlist in place ( and a viability ranking if someone feels like it)
As of right now the bans in place are rayquaza-mega, arena trap, huge power pure power, parental bond, inheriting imposter or inheriting from shedinja or using shedinja with sturdy.
a suspect of protean may be necessary as it completely takes stall out of the equation, althought this may not be used much as it is, a deoxys attack with protean can 6-0 a stall team with ease. Other future suspects include zekrom and inheriting from prankster sableye. Comment threats, interesting sets or suspects you may have.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)