I'm actually laddering for once...

So, I've made this team, and tested it quite a bit. I really love it, but I just need some people to look it over and tweak it a bit. If you think one of my Pokemon is holding the team back, (Even if it's Hariyama), feel free to suggest a replacement. Please explain why I should use that instead in detail though.

Ok, this is just a standard kinda balanced team.

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Sp At / 252 Spe
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
HP Ground
U-Turn

Nothing that isn't fat and normal typed can safely switch in to this. And if they don't have one, their team is in a world of hurt. It just makes me so happy to 2HKO their Rotom or Zapdos switchin, much to my opponents surprise. I almost never have any reason to not spam Bug Buzz. Anyways, as a lead, it's job is just to do as much damage as possible before it dies or is forced out. Metagross and Heatran leads are greedy and always Stealth Rock the first turn. Swamperts and Bronzong don't stand a chance. The only leads that always force me out are Azelf, Aerodactyl, Jirachi, and Infernape. You should try this beast.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 At
Earthquake
Waterfall
Avalanche
Stealth Rock

Everyone's favorite physical wall, Swampert. Switches into stuff like Scizor and Jirachi and sets up SR. Avalache punishes any dragon switching in. Swampert is in amazing member of my team, keeping my frailer members safe, and just not dying. I can't really say much more about this guy, you all know how awesome he is.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly
EVs: 6 HP / 252 At / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Yup. Not much to say about this guy either. It's DDMence. I don't care about an OHKO to Skarmory with SR damage with fire blast or whatever, so I don't put anything in SpAt. A 2HKO on those things are fine with me. Scizor and Forretress are screwed anyways. He's easy to switch in, flying over earthquakes and loling at grass attacks.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Timid
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Sp At / 252 Spe
Tri Attack
HP Fighting
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

The best OU Choice Scarfer IMO. If he gets a Sp At boost (there's a lot of Naive things out there.) then he can even sweep with 600+ SpAt and 457 speed. A great revenge killer, keeping a lot of things that would destroy my team in check. HP Fighting screws steels and rocks, and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt kill some of those Dragon Dancers. One thing I don't like is how he can't touch Rotom, so I was thinking of putting Dark Pulse over Ice Beam, because Tri Attack usually KOs Salamence after a downloaded boost.

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant
EVs: 78 HP / 252 At / 180 Def
Substitute
Focus Punch
Payback
Stone Edge

I love Hariyama. He can switch in on all the Tyranitars, Blisseys, and Snorlaxes everyone is using these days, and force them out so he can set up a sub. For some reason, people switch ghosts and psychics into Hariyama, so Payback takes care of them. Stone Edge takes care of Salamence, Gyarados, and Zapdos in one slot, so that's pretty cool too. Anyways, he has just about the bulkiest substitutes I've ever seen, so he can deliver pain for a quite a while. Another favorite of mine is the "I dare you to set up" game. If you read my last RMT, this guy was right there in it too.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm
EVs: 252 Def / 80 SpAt / 178 SpDef
Charm
Softboiled
Toxic
Seismic Toss

A few things before I go on: I used to have Flamethrower on Blissey, hence the SpAt EVs, but then I got swept by a Sub CM Latias, so I put on Seismic Toss, forgetting to move the Sp At EVs. If you have a better spread, please share it.

Ok, Charmbliss. All I do is spam Charm, hitting the Tyranitar or Snorlax (or whatever physical attacker they have) switchin, making it easier for Hariyama or something else to set up. It even lets Blissey sponge physical hits for a while. Toxic and Seismic Toss hurt stuff and stuff. Blissey just makes special attackers (and even Physical Attackers) easier for my team to handle.

I know I don't have any pictures or a threatlist, but I'm sort of in a hurry, so I'll post that later. (I promise I will, last time I didn't.)

Hate/Rate/Date/Rape/Mate/Late/Tape/Lake/Nape or whatever.

Make Salamence Hasty, because Jolly is -SpA hindering Fire Blast

Dark Pulse seems a good idea on PorygonZ right now.

And lastly why not try Hypnosis on Yanmega putting something out of commission early is always nice.

Hope I helped good luck.

One quick comment (don't have much time at all):
Use MixPert. Avalanche doesn't punish Dragon switch ins like Ice Beam (doesn't double power like Payback on switches). Spread: 240 HP/52 SAtk/216 Def.

Make Salamence Hasty, because Jolly is -SpA hindering Fire Blast

Dark Pulse seems a good idea on PorygonZ right now.

And lastly why not try Hypnosis on Yanmega putting something out of commission early is always nice.

Hope I helped good luck.
There are only 4 things I'd ever want to use Fire Blast on: Skarmory, Bronzong, Forretress, and Scizor. The latter are always OHKO'd, and Skarmory is always 2HKO'd, and I'm assuming Bronzong is too as long as he doesn't heavily invest in Sp Def. I do realize I'm weakening the power of Fire Blast, but as long as I get my 2HKOes, I'm happy. I don't like lowering my defenses either, and I like my attack maxed.

But, if there is a crucial reason why I should switch, I'd be happy too.

I am going to put Dark Pulse on Porygon-Z ASAP.

I don't like the idea of a non attacking move on a choice user, (except for trick) and Hypnosis has a cruddy 60 accuracy. I'd rather scout the opponent's switching instead. Besides, I only use U-Turn on lead Azelfs to break thier sash. o.o

As for MixPert, greg, if I'm not mistaken, Salamence, Dragonite, and Flygon are OHKO'd by Avalanche for the most part after they switch in. (I don't know why they would ever switch in though.) I don't think anything they commonly have, besides perhaps a specs Draco Meteor, can OHKO Swampert.

I'll go run calcs though.

EDIT:

Swampert: Specs Draco Meteor has a slight chance of an OHKO with SR, but if that happens, well, Specs Mence is horribly walled by Blissey. Also, as it turns out, if Swampert gets intimidated, then an unboosted Avalanche will only do around 50%. But, if it attacks with a life orb, it will always die thanks to the life orb recoil. Seeing as how Swampert can easily survive a boosted Outrage, it should usually win one-on-one.

Salamence: Unfortunately, my set's fire blast won't always 2HKO Bronzong, but if Bronzong switches into SR, there's a good chance that it will. I haven't seen many Bronzong anyway.

I was only mentioning Dragons since you said Avalanche punishes Dragon switch ins.

Otherwise it looks pretty good. Wouldn't suggest Charm on Blissey. You could throw Flamethrower back on in its place so you are 100% walled by Gengar. Otherwise reallocate those SAtk EVs to HP or something as they're currently doing nothing for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)