I'm about to embark a journey to get a Baton Pass Zapdos Timid with HP Ice

I'm about to embark a journey to get a Baton Pass Zapdos Modest with HP Ice

After reading the Raikou topic again, I have summoned up my courage (or stupidity, if you must) to actually SR this illusion into reality.

I just ordered a 3rd party USB memory card, when it arrives, I would play through the entire thing and backup that data so that works as a "soft reset" I estimate every "soft reset" will take over 20 minutes with those 5 other Shadows in the final battle.

even tho I could use one of the saves on Gamefaqs, that one apparently is safe in front of Greevil. I want the Zapdos under my name so people know it's MINE and it's legal when I distribute it.

Not to mention I want to SR for a Baton Pass Hypno, Heal Bell Altaria and Follow me Mr. Mime and Electabuzz.

I would be using AR for leveling up and purifying purposes, since I don't plan on using the Master Ball (it makes the Zapdos look bad), so therefore getting that Breloom with Spore and False Swipe is an absolute must when catching shadows.

So fellow smogoners, before I start in a week or so when my device arrives. I have a few questions to ask before embarking on this tedious journey:

- Does Synchronize work in XD? It did release after Emerald. If it does, I need to SR for a Timid Synchronize Ralts 10 hours beforehand with the 50/50 with it winded up being Trace.
- Does Shadow Zapdos have any recoil moves? I don't think it does.
- Recommand stuff to me I could use to catch them easier, other than the obvious Breloom or Kou's awesome idea for catching the collos Raikou.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
- Does Synchronize work in XD? It did release after Emerald. If it does, I need to SR for a Timid Synchronize Ralts 10 hours beforehand with the 50/50 with it winded up being Trace.
No. Actually, I don't know if it works, but even in Emerald, it doesn't work for legends, so I don't see why would it work for XD legends.

That's the best I can do to help you. Good luck with your quest.

sure, stuff in the final battle that is useful:

- Articuno
- Helping Hand Rhydon
- Zapdos (duh)

I'll pretty much catch these, and kill everything else with a Level 100 or something to speed it up. How much speed does a Timid Zapdos at Lv. 50 with 20+IVs?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Any particular reason for Timid? Bold, Calm or Modest are always the preferred nature, especially when you're passing Agility. After one Agility, with no Speed EV's, Zapdos already hits 472 speed.

IIRC, Zapdos uses Shadow Bolt, Shadow Rush, Shadow Shed and Shadow Sky. Not that any of this should matter, as you can just whack a Master Ball of him.

Good luck, keep your eye out for any good Articunos.
I've got a Sassy one with 29 HP, 30 Def and 30 SpD. The other stats aren't great, but it's the best one around atm.

oops, Brain fart, yea, Modest is the one.

so now, 115 Speed or higher, this has become a little harder to track down the Natures...

IIRC, Zapdos uses Shadow Bolt, Shadow Rush, Shadow Shed and Shadow Sky. Not that any of this should matter, as you can just whack a Master Ball of him.
Master Ball makes the Zapdos look like a n00b, so does Ultra Balls. Timer Balls all the way, or even, Premier ball, lolz.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Master Ball makes the Zapdos look like a n00b, so does Ultra Balls. Timer Balls all the way, or even, Premier ball, lolz.
Premier Ball? Pah. You wanna look tough, you use your one-a-game Luxury Ball and catch it, like my Tangela.

*note: may cause insanity and frustration.

Nice. Shadow Rush. Before I got my master ball in Colosseum, I absolutely hated that damn move. Most notably, Bayleef died to it. Clear, you still want to catch this bastard without using the master ball? 'cause I think it's insane enough to simply try to get the right nature without Synchronize, much less the exact six numbers to get a decent HP Ice.

Yeah, um. Choosing NOT to use the Master Ball when given the option is a pretty crazy idea. I can assure you that having a Master Ball available for catching Raikou would've made the task considerably easier.

Not to mention the fact that XD fixed the infinite ball glitch IIRC.

I dont think you will even have to do the boss fight over and over. The pokemon are giving their natures, ivs, and moves upon their purification. Just save before using the final scent and then SR until you get it.

Nice. Shadow Rush. Before I got my master ball in Colosseum, I absolutely hated that damn move. Most notably, Bayleef died to it. Clear, you still want to catch this bastard without using the master ball? 'cause I think it's insane enough to simply try to get the right nature without Synchronize, much less the exact six numbers to get a decent HP Ice.
Why not? Since Shadow Rush XD is different then Shadow Rush Collos.
http://www.serebii.net/xd/shadow-attacks.shtml

False Swipe that Zapdos and Spore it, Hard Gay Style! HOOO!!!!

I'm starting to doubt Breloom, what happens if Zapdos charges him and get poison from effect spore? T.T

I dont think you will even have to do the boss fight over and over. The pokemon are giving their natures, ivs, and moves upon their purification. Just save before using the final scent and then SR until you get it.
Nope.

The reason why BP Zapdos is impossible to obtain "good" is because it's the final battle, when a Shadow Pokemon is send out, the stats are set and even if you encounter it later on, it will remain like that. However, Nintendo decided for some reason, that it will be a GREAT idea to force you to save after the credits roll.

Their natures and ivs are set when you encounter it like everything else, however they're revealed when you purify it.

Nope.

The reason why BP Zapdos is impossible to obtain "good" is because it's the final battle, when a Shadow Pokemon is send out, the stats are set and even if you encounter it later on, it will remain like that. However, Nintendo decided for some reason, that it will be a GREAT idea to force you to save after the credits roll.
How do you plan to get around that? Sounds like that gamesave might be your best option.

Gotta have an open slot in your party, catch it, check it immediately =( still in the battle and everything.

IV checking is a little wonky since you can't see it's nature (I do believe you can see it's stats though, but I may be wrong). If you're going for one that's any good it wouldn't be a problem though.

Having a open slot doesn't work as Zapdos will not join your party until after the battle. You know? When you have to save the game?

edit: These threads are confusing me. I thought this was the wifi section.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
cool, where can you get it? is there any other interesting balls i can use?
You get one somewhere on the S.S. Libra, I think. That's mostly it for the interesting ones. Could transfer a Dive Ball over, but then it'd take incredibly long to beat the game without catching it, transfer some Dive Balls, go back, battle, check, reset, transfer again... etc.

the USB memory made this possible.

I upload the save file to the laptop/PC whatever, in front of Greevil. Resume playing.

After credits, look at Zapdos at a glance, it is usually pretty obvious if it is shit. If it passes that use scent to see nature, if it passes that, I'll keep it and check IVs later by putting it in Emerald, or I can check it right off the bat.

This is at least going to be 6 months, but if I am lucky...

Sorry, you explained that in your second paragraph. I'm just too tired to understand anything right now.

I wish you the best of luck with this, Clear.

Offtopic: IIRC the Forum rules say that "don't click here" sigs aren't allowed. You might want to check that.

Actually I'm knee deep into doing the same thing lol. The trick is to know what stats you're looking for, and more importantly pace yourself so you don't get sick of it too fast. Last game I SRed for Lugia and it was crap work. But good luck and such, because iirc you can't save before fighting again him after you fight against Lugia.

Edit: I thought again and I think if you catch Lugia then lose to his actual team then you don't have to fight lugia again. I'll check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)