I'm 6 years late to the party, but Morrowind is an incredible game

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Korana's web hosts re-uploaded all her mods (yay)! Though they 404 from her page, if you just search for her name on the download site you'll find them all.

Woohoo! She made some amazing castles.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Am I weird for writing my own 'journal' for my character? I like roleplaying and I don't want to lose the experience or memories.

Dont worry Surgo I make up my characters dialog/conversations in my head when I play.
Roleplaying your character, even lightly, makes the Elder Scrolls games so much more fun.

Surgo

goes to eleven
I have too many house mods.

There's no way I'd ever be able to use them all, and it's not like my character is such a huge dick that he'd lay claim to them all. But god damn if there aren't an awesome and awesomely large amount of amazing house mods out there.

Yes sometimes too much choice isn't a good thing ... I'm frequently torn about where my character should live Ascadian Rose Cottage, Peral Palace, Solstheim Castle, Ravenloft, Asgard, Hellhouse, Lok'Ken Castle, Ghorak Manor, Enmesharra's Refuge, Kaleighs Retreat ...

As for role-playing your character, its not weird, Nor is writing a journal. There are several people who've turned their characters into a blog of sorts.

Yeah its good a mod that's been around for a while ... sadly it seems to be declining in popularity due to the stunning work being produced by modders like Connary and DarkNut, but it still makes a great "base" texture pack on which to build.

Surgo

goes to eleven
So I just got past the point with Dagoth Gares.

Apparently there is one thing this game doesn't let you do -- join with Dagoth Ur. Despite the fact that Gares gave me a note saying to come join with him! :-(

Surgo

goes to eleven
Hey, oddish, you have PMs turned off!

Anyway you told me to drop you a line if I was looking for some of Korana's stuff. What I'm looking for is actually the "Suran Underworld Dock Fix", which she made but has gone missing from her site and everywhere I looked on the internet. Do you have that?

Apologies ... I turned them off a while ago when random people kept pming - I've added you to my "buddy list" thing now.

The immediate answer is I don't know ... I haven't had suran Underworld installed for quite a long time, so its likely to be in one of my mod archives. I'll have to have a rummage round and get back to you.

Surgo

goes to eleven
Another bump for this reason: I fucking love Bloodmoon. Way too much.

It's the most beautiful game/expansion pack I've ever played. I have this huge desire to get myself infected with lycanthropy and roam the icy plains of Solstheim forever (of course, that would be pretty much an end to the game). It also has one of the best mods I've ever seen -- Steinthor Hall is the sort of house I've always wanted to have in real life, but know I never will.

Sorry Surgo I checked, and I don't seem to have this patch.

I don't think I've ever run Soltheim Castle and Suran Underworld together, so I never had the need to download it.

I tried posting on the Bethesda Forums too see if anyone had it, or could point me in the right direction, but got no response.

Sorry : (

Surgo

goes to eleven
Bit of an update!

I'm still playing this. I'm nearing the end of the main quest -- I just got Sunder and Keening. It was a little disappointing how, uh, undefended they were, but I guess it makes sense if you consider that Dagoth
Ur wants you to come to him

I played about half? of Bloodmoon, and I still have Tribunal to play. I really, really like Bloodmoon.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bloodmoon is a fantastic expansion, lycanthropy is so cool. Leaping around Balmora pouncing on people is great. The quest is pretty cool too, but I found it ridiculously difficult to try and complete it as a werewolf :/ I won't spoil it but there's a certain point at which I got trapped and I think that may actually be the last time I played Morrowind.

Tribunal... meh. IIRC it didn't add much gameplay, just some more questing, more items, more NPCs... There are generally enough of those already!

Surgo

goes to eleven
I finally finished the main quest...

I'm a little disappointed in that it seemed to lack some moral ambiguity and options at the end in how Dagoth Ur just attacks you. I was always of the opinion up until there that Dagoth Ur was no more evil than the Tribunal was good. The inability to parlay kind of hurt that. I'm also sorta disappointed that there was no path other than destroying the Heart's enchantments -- it seems like it would have been good to figure out how to use Keening and Sunder to make yourself the new god.

Speaking of gods, I have to hand it to the designers -- a mechanical god is a very original idea in fantasy (something I've never seen before). Although I also had no clue what the hell Akulakhan was supposed to be until I finally -saw- it -- it kinda came out of nowhere when Vivec told you about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)