SM OU i aint playin games unless we talkin fortnite [rhyperior/swampert HO] [1970 ELO]

how good is swampert in USUM OU on a scale from 1 - 10

• Total voters
[why do i bother taking anything on this site seriously - 1970 ELO/top 20]

Monday Night:
My friend hits me up in our draft league Discord.

It slowly dawns on me that since the start of 2019, I had built two original teams. One of which I had already RMT'd, and the other which was a triple scarf double final gambit explosion spam hyper offense team with a specs Volcarona. My lack of activity can be traced back to the fact that this game sucks ass

Tuesday Night: I hit 1800+ ELO for the first time in over five months, using the aforementioned triple scarf hyper offense. I also play the game for a period of time longer than 30 minutes for the first time in over five months. I lose another game of League of Legends ranked.

Tuesday Night, Later: I realize that the aforementioned team sucks fucking ass as well.

Wednesday Night: I have a stroke of genius. I get a rejection letter from MENSA, since apparently "freeiqtest.net" isn't a reputable source. "Rhyperior Hyper Offense" becomes the basis for my new team.

Right Now:

a year ago my friend introduced me to STABmons where rhyperior had access to diamond storm and i was like "yo thats fuckin wavy." then on wednesday night i had a stroke and decided to type in /ds rock wrecker, all into the showdown chat and this guy popped up along with crustle. can't be using crustle cause thats omari p's trademark mon but this mon be poppin yo, i just wanted an excuse to click z rock wrecker and kill some mons ez clap

had to add in a serp cause this mon makes people wanna fuckin kill themselves and im all about that aids ya feel. also i dont insta lose to ash gren now

wanted to try out scarf magearna. can't remember why but i know it outspeed tornadus-t. actually i can't tell u why i added victini or celesteela either they just looked cool and i wanted to use em

see above. basically i saw some INSANE metronome celesteela set posted on this forum a couple days ago and i knew i had to try that shit out. scarf serp also heavily pressured a lot of the steela checks such as rotom-w, zapdos, torn, etc, and tini did the same for fat bullshit like pex and chansey

tried out /ds water, stealth rock, all and this was the most usable mon of the list. i think i wanted to use this cause i needed an ice resist at the time (this was before i added magearna and tini) and i still needed a rocker as the last member of my team, and besides as a prodigal UU tryhard swampert is the bane of my existence

ignore the GXE this is a testing account, i'm also not very good at this game

Ok for something a little bit more serious. The way I see most HO teams is they're a combination of one or two hazards lead, one or two dedicated breakers, one or two dedicated setup sweepers and one "insurance policy" against other sweepers (i.e. Mimikyu). Of course the lines here are blurred pretty hard for most teams, but that's a general overview on how I view HO teams and how I build new ones as well. My idea of a "breaker" is a mon that can almost always get a 1 for 1 trade, even at the cost of its own life - which is why I think Final Gambit spam has a strong niche on HO teams since Gambit is a near guaranteed 1 for 1 against everything not named Chansey. In the context of this team, Rhyperior/Victini are breakers (rather obviously), Serperior by virtue of its speed tier is both my insurance policy as well as a late game cleaner, Celesteela is my dedicated late game cleaner and Magearna is... uhh there I guess cause you can never go wrong with Magearna. Swampert is my hazards lead but given Magearna's fantastic natural bulk and Swampert's chosen EV spread the two of them form a pseudo-defensive core that helps ease the offense matchup.

an in depth look at the FAM

Rhyperior @
Rockium Z

Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Rock Wrecker
Earthquake
Fire Punch

aight so i came up with this set after seeing that infamous omari p game against finchinator where he dodges a diamond storm from diancie and then starts talking mad shit lmao
anyways i can't use crustle cause honestly its pretty terrible so i settled for the better version being rhyperior. at +2 z rock wrecker literally kills every mon in the game, in the context of this team it helps erase tangrowth, ferro, pex, steela, lando basically this mon is good for picking apart defensive cores. also a fantastic check to zapdos and tornadus, altho tornadus sucks big ass and loses 1v1 to swampert anyways lmao

Serperior @
Choice Scarf

Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Defog
Glare
Hidden Power [Fire]
Leaf Storm

token speed control mon that can easily sweep once its counters are removed (read: ferrothorn, tangrowth, amoonguss). note how zapdos and tornadus aren't included in that list cause anything that's 2hkod by stab leaf storm =/= counter. anyways leaf storm kills everything in its path, hp fire is pretty much exclusively if u need to quickly revenge kill a kartana and/or a ferrothorn in a last mon 1v1 scenario. glare is aids so u KNOW i gotta put it on this set, defog is if they get too many spikes/rocks/tspikes up and i can't deal with them. scarf serp outspeeds the whole meta bar scarf gren so its nice to have as an emergency defog/glare button

Magearna @
Choice Scarf

Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid
Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Volt Switch
Fleur Cannon
Ice Beam
Energy Ball

surprise sweeper and can basically lure stuff like chomp, lando, gliscor, kommo-o etc since no one expects the scarf and u can just kill them with ice beam. volt switch for le epic gamer momentum, fleur cannon as token nuke, energy ball is pretty much exclusively for rotom-wash and swampert-mega if u dont want to drop ur spatk w/ fleur. late game ice beam can definitely clean a team but i wouldn't count on it. this mon outspeeds up to max speed torn so its a pretty decent revenge killer, and its fantastic bulk and typing makes it a usable albeit shaky check to stuff like sigh ash greninja

Victini @
Choice Band

Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly
Nature
V-create
U-turn
Bolt Strike
Trick

breaker. v create does 50%+ to every mon not named toxapex or heatran. theres rlly not much to say here, as i outlined above if this mon as a breaker is able to 1 for 1 a mon on the opponent's team i think it has done more than its fair share of work. trick is used over brick break/final gambit/etc since it can swing the stall matchup in my favour by tricking a chansey/clef

Celesteela @
Metronome

Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild
Nature
Autotomize
Air Slash
Fire Blast
Earthquake

shoutouts to RedEmption (?) i think, i saw this set posted on his rmt and was like "woah this set brazy asf." well the set he posted has more HP invest with a hasty nature but tbh speed invest is for pussies, 252 speed means that at +2 steela can outspeed 439 speed scarf lando and honestly that's good enough for me. mild is used over rash so that celesteela takes ash greninja w͔̲̣̻͍a̸̻̫t͇̖̗̗̹̘e̮͙̙̱̲̘͠r͚̘ ͉̟̦̠͍̤̀s̥h̦ù͍̝r̢̼̥͔̤̳i͍͙̤̤̦̲̠k̠͕͝en͏̰̯̗̝̥ͅ more comfortably. air slash/fire blast is standard for an offensive steela, earthquake so that i can hit a zone/tran and get a cheeky +1 for free. you're also able to beat down a tapu koko and/or toxapex with eq supposing no scald burns. this mon probably the mvp of the team, once tini/rhyperior take down a defensive core this mon can oftentimes just win

Swampert @
Custap Berry

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed
Nature
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Scald
Endeavor

this mon DON LIKE. 100% certified mon if u want to fuck up the ladder real quick frfr. no one on the ladder is prepped for this thing, its obscenely bulky and custap berry is such a nice tech that lets u dispatch of threats like mlopunny, mmedicham, etc. endeavor in conjunction with custap can let you get some cheeky chip off on a key target like chansey or ferrothorn or even just to knock a threatening setup sweeper like kommo-o or gyarados into range of one ur other goons. grass types moves are the only thing that can rlly kill this mon and since this team has tini serp mage and setup steela on it its not even a problem.

Threats

this piece of shit needs to be banned outta this universe but OU players all use landorus so this mon never moving out of this tier anymore. sucker punch some broken shit ever since i got rejected from mensa i don't have the IQ to outplay that move

wish i was joking this piece of shit with spore is such a pain in the ass to deal with cause if tini ever gets spored it literally will never die

idk if trick room is hard to play vs i just hate this archetype. people who enjoy trick room need to be admitted for a full on DSM-IV mental health and wellness checkup
shoutouts mcpl u guys know who u are
also shoutout to Kev who gave me a shot in monotype wcop. ofc i dipped after one match cause my mental is weak asf but thanks for the opportunity, i rlly appreciated it.

Conclusion
regular swampert should be ubers
import if you want to get elo: https://pokepast.es/e6af9c9cf527bc0e

How do you beat Hawlucha he just 6-0d me earlier today?
hello
thank you for your query
to answer ur question, hawlucha is one of those bullshit mons that needs to be deleted from the game asap
to deal with it u basically have to keep swampert healthy enough so that it can scald it then use custap berry to torrent-boosted scald it if it ever sets up to +2, since u live a +2 hjk and it will knock u into custap range. hopefully u get some chip on it too via rocks/vswitch/whatever else else u just lose

its a mon that has a good matchup vs this team that i forgot to include in the "threats" section because i try my best to repress my memories of playing vs hawlucha

fire team

if you want to try something different with Magearna you can use SG Fleur Focus Blast Thunderbolt with Fairium Z, you keep the nuke and it doesnt lose any bulk since your set doesnt run any to begin with. it doesnt lure grounds but theyre food for celesteela and serp so w/e

mag can also run the same set but with shuca, less speed but you can bait grounds just as well and change moves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)