ORAS OU Hyper Offense team (could use some help)

|
|
|
|
|

Introduction
This is my first hyper offense team! It has served me well, but I would like to get some other opinions on it as well. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

My Team

Azelf @ Focus sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 speed / 252 attack / 4 hp
Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder wave
- Explosion

I chose Azelf mainly because of its high speed and attacking stats. With access to taunt and other support moves, I thought it would be a great lead. Its role on the main team is to set up stealth rock quickly, and prevent the opponent from setting up. As such, Azelf is my lead. the evs are pretty straightforward, maximizing speed to ensure that it is as fast as possible, and the other evs are put into attack, to maximize explosion's strength. Taunt is crucial, as it prevents stealth rock from being put up from another lead. Thunder wave offers general support, and makes it easier for manaphy or scizor to sweep. Finally, explosion heavily dents anything, often landing a KO.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 attack / 252 speed / 4 special attack
Rash
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron head
- Earth Power

I chose Kyurem because of its terrifying mixed attacking stats, and I needed something that could break through walls. It serves two purposes on the team: wallbreaking and revenge killing. It also handles things that my sweepers can't. Most of the evs are put into its attack, as it has an incredible attack stat. The speed evs allow it to outspeed crucial threats with a choice scarf equiped, and the 4 special attack evs and positive nature means that it can also hit hard with earth power, dealing with the steel types that it struggles against. Outrage is its main stab attack, and once fairies are gone, it can plow through teams. Fusion bolt deals with flying and water types, and offers decent coverage and good power. Iron head is excellent at punishing fairies that switch in, thinking that it will use outrage. Finally, earth power can destroy things like heatran and other steel types.

Magnezone @ Choice scarf
Ability: Magnet pull
EVs: 252 special ATK/ 252 speed/ 4 HP
Modest
- Volt switch
- thunderbolt
- flash cannon
- HP Fire

I chose Magnezone because my team severely struggled against steel types like Scizor or ferrothorn. It's main purpose is to eliminate steel types and to punch holes into the opposing team, making it easier for sweeps to happen. The evs are chosen to maximize speed and special attack, allowing it to be much faster, and to hit harder. HP fire is used to destroy steel types like Scizor or jirachi. Volt switch allows it to be pivot. Thunder bolt is another strong option, and flash cannon is an alternate stab.

Manaphy @ leftovers
Ability: Hyrdration
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
Timid
- Tail glow
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Energy Ball

I chose manaphy because of its ability to set up quickly, as well as helping to deal with fire types. Manaphy functions as my special sweeper, and to KO fire types that my team struggles with. The EVs are put into special attack and speed, to maximize special attack and speed. Timid nature is used so that it isn't outsped by crucial threats. Tail glow is Manaphy's main setup move, and can be used easily on predicted switches. Ice beam, scald, and energy ball provide pretty good coverage, hitting most things neutrally. Leftovers helps with Manaphy's longevity.

Scizor @ Lum berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Attack / 248 special defense / 8 HP
Adamant
- Swords dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Roost

I chose Scizor because I needed a physical sweeper for my team, and something to help deal with the likes of Clefable and other fairies. Its main purpose is to be used as a physical sweeper, and can also be used to U-turn into anything else that is frailer, like alakazam. The evs are used to make it much more bulky, and to take special attacks better. 252 attack Evs and Adamant nature is used to make Scizor hit as hard as possible. Lum berry prevents it from being crippled by burns. Bullet punch offers priority, and roost lets it heal off any damage it takes. Swords dance makes Scizor much more powerful, and U-turn lets it switch out and gain momentum.

Alakazam Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic guard (prior to mega evolving)
EVs: 252 special attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
Timid
- Psychic
- Focus blast
- Shadow ball
- Dazzling Gleam

I chose Mega-Alakazam because I needed a late game cleaner that could outspeed pretty much everything that isn't scarfed. Its main purpose is to be a cleaner, picking off anything that my sweepers didn't get through. Also, it can act as a sweeper in a pinch, if manaphy is down. The EVs and nature are used to Maximize speed, so that it can outspeed things like Mega Lopunny, and tie it with opposing alakazam. 252 special attack evs are used to increase its already great special attack, and allows it to get many KOs. All of its moves provide great coverage, hitting everything super effectively or neutrally. Magic guard is used so that it doesn't have to worry about stealth rocks damage before mega evolving.

Conclusion

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. Please tell me if I should improve anything else. Thanks again!

Yo I highly suggest running HP Ice on Alakazam because if you see a Gliscor then you can Trace its poison heal ability on a predicted switch. Then you can OHKO it and recover off any damage recieved from it. Also, I like that you like to avoid burns on a Scizor, however, something needs to switch in on it to burn it so I suggest giving it Choice Band and running Superpower, U-Turn, Knock Off, and Bullet Punch with a 252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def Spread. You can lure Heatran and hit it with a superpower and also take care of magnezone trappers on predicted switches. Otherwise, this is a solid team.

Yo I highly suggest running HP Ice on Alakazam because if you see a Gliscor then you can Trace its poison heal ability on a predicted switch. Then you can OHKO it and recover off any damage recieved from it. Also, I like that you like to avoid burns on a Scizor, however, something needs to switch in on it to burn it so I suggest giving it Choice Band and running Superpower, U-Turn, Knock Off, and Bullet Punch with a 252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Def Spread. You can lure Heatran and hit it with a superpower and also take care of magnezone trappers on predicted switches. Otherwise, this is a solid team.
HP ice seems like a nice idea, but then what would i replace? Dazzling gleam?
Also, choice band scizor seems like a nice idea, but wouldn't 3 choice items on my team be a bit restricting? I'll try it out though, as it seems like a pretty nice set.
Thanks for the advice
Yo,

Your team's only Ground immunity is a suicide lead, and your Fire type check is Manaphy. In some situations that can be ok, but when you're playing against a team with Dragon Dance Mega Charizard X, or Swords Dance Talonflame I can forsee it being an issue. Otherwise, Scarf Kyurem-B + Magnezone is a really cool HO core, so I'm happy to try and work to edit this [:

Firstly, a more effective lead Azelf set is 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe | Jolly Nature | with Skill Swap > Thunder Wave. The HP and Defensive investment allows Azelf to live the combination of Fake Out + Return from Mega Lopunny. This is particularly important because it means you can get your Stealth Rock up vs other aggressive offensive builds. Skill Swap is used so that you can get Stealth Rock up vs common Magic Bounce users such as Mega Sableye, and Mega Diancie. Stealth Rock damage is a premium on offensive builds such as this, so being able to get your rocks up vs Magic Bouncers is very important.

Next, Landorus-T could be a fantastic wincon for this team, and also gives you a Ground immunity. I suggest changing Landorus-T > Scizor. Swords Dance + Rock Polish Landorus-T gives you the ability to pressure stall, balance, and offense, and also replaces Scizor as a potent Swords Dance sweeper.

Lastly another set change. Change Magnezone to Choice Specs. 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe. Modest is not a good nature to run on Choice Scarf Magnezone, as it does not hit a desirable speed. Modest Choice Scarf Magnezone will only speed tie with base 100 Speed Pokemon, and will be completely outsped by Pokemon like Keldeo, Mega Pinsir, and many other threats which you should outspeed. Choice Specs however, gives you a much more reliable way to beat Ferrothorn, Klefki, and Scizor, and also gives you a reliable way to beat Calm Mind Clefable, as Specs will 2HKO with Flash Cannon, even if Clefable has +1 SpD.

tl;dr
Tweak Spread on

>

Tweak Spread on
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Oh the skill swap on azelf seems like a pretty good idea! I'll definitely try it out and see how it goes

I'll replace scizor with landorus-T, which seems like a good idea. However, are there any better items? could i use lum berry on it instead.
I'll change magnezone's spread too, since i did notice it wasn't outspeeding very many things.

I have 2 questions though
Will skill swap be magic bounced back? or does it just ignore it?

also, why are ground immunities important?

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate the help

Hey, nice team .Yusuf. but I got some changes to improve it!

First thing's first, Skill Swap > Thunder Wave on Azelf.
Skill swap will help you deal with magic bouncers (as stated above) and allow you to get rocks up easier. Knock off can also be used if you want deal with stall a bit better or just knock off items in general from mons such as chansey and banded zor to let your team deal with them easier. Fire Blast is another decent option with 60 SpA EVs, this will allow you to OHKO bish who usually tend to lead on suicide lead azelf.

Next thing is Ice Beam > Iron Head on Kyurem-Black.
I can understand how you want iron Iron head to hit fairies but you're going to be clicking outrage most of the time anyway. Ice beam is a nice STAB which also hits bird spam and dragons, Ice beam also gives you better matchup against ferro and chomp. If you are going to do this change may I suggest that you change the spread to 252 Attack / 32 SpA / 224 Speed with a Naive nature. The Naive nature with 224 speed allows to outspeed scarf Lando-T, the rest of the EVs go into Special attack to let it hit harder.

Another change I'd like to suggest is Choice Specs Magnezone > Choice Scarf Magnezone.
Choice specs magnezone is extremely powerful and the fact that you already have a scarfer another scarfer really doesn't matter so specs magnezone is able to hit really hard and punch bigger holes in teams. I recommend the spread 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe. 252 EVs go into special attack straight away to maximize magnezones power and damage that it can deal. 84 Speeds EVs allow you to outspeed Minimum speed Skarmory. The rest of the EVs go into HP to increase the chance of Magnezones Survivability.

Finally, I'd like to recommend Choice Band Scizor > Lum Berry SD Scizor.
Banded Scizor can literally destroy a lot of stuff with a combination of the moves Superpower / Knock Off / U-Turn / Bullet Punch. Scizors main move is Bullet Punch which is literally amazing and strong due to technician as well as getting STAB and priority plus the ability to hit fairies. U-Turn also gets STAB and the band boost power as long side every other move, U-Turn also forms and nice VoltTurn core with Magnezone, both powerhouses. Knock off hits off items which can be extremely useful and prevents minor recovery (Leftovers) and can also knock eviolite off chansey. Last but not least Superpower is really useful as it hits steel which usually wall scizor such as Heatrans and Ferros. Pursuit can also be ran over knock off to pursuit trap latis.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock off / Pursuit

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Anyways hope I helped, GL with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)