Hoopa's Halloween Underused Live Tournament - Won by Karppi - Post for Suggestions

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
One thing I might suggest is to schedule this in the American morning hours. Scheduling in the morning allows the rest of the world to join at reasonable times during their afternoon or evening times. This would be better than scheduling in the American evening which leaves the rest of the world trying to play at 2 am in the morning.Either wayt the american timezones can play at normal times and there is no real disadvantage for playing in the morning. But I understand that this may not be possible considering the hosts prior commitments and other irl stuff, but just a thought for the next potential tour like this.
Furthermore, I'm proposing that the ideal schedule I could think of for such a live tour is between 6 am and 9 am EST on a Saturday (not sure if Americans wake up at this time and can still prepare for work; and I assume some Americans work on Saturdays, too). That way, we could draw more players from almost all other continents (South America will be of a big disadvantage here, though, as I believe they reside in timezones earlier than in North America; correct me if I'm mistaken).

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Furthermore, I'm proposing that the ideal schedule I could think of for such a live tour is between 6 am and 9 am EST on a Saturday (not sure if Americans wake up at this time and can still prepare for work; and I assume some Americans work on Saturdays, too). That way, we could draw more players from almost all other continents (South America will be of a big disadvantage here, though, as I believe they reside in timezones earlier than in North America; correct me if I'm mistaken).
Unfortunately, there is no way I could justify running a tour at 6am or even 9am EST

Tbh I made my work schedule around the time King UU and I came up with. We were trying to get Euphonos a chance to play as well as a time that wasnt too late for Europeans (we messed up somewhere). In the future we will probably run this like a live smog tour. A problem I foresee is possibly cheating. Since this kind of event does include a prize, there will be a greater chance that people will lie in order to advance. Also I believe these special tours will be increasing in player count over time. This will make it a bit more difficult to manage in the early rounds and prevent cheating, but it will be possible.

Managing this tour was so easy that I actually got to participate in it. The lag may have been the product of the PS servers still recoverying from the recent crash. Either way I do not want lag to be a problem for people. We are still thinking but the next one (maybe Christmas) will most likely take place on smog tours.

Smog tours usually go up around 1 or 3pm eastern time. We dont want to infer with those but that does seem like an optimal time to set up a tour. We are still figuring things out.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
I would like to suggest 2 things, and this is for ideas of the tournament. The tournament went great and I feel like the idea was really cool, but many of the teams were repetitive and not super original. I feel like if we do a "type themed" or something themed tournament like that again, we should make them have to include "2" of the things that are required, Like you must have 2 ghost types on your team, or have 2 berries on your team, etc. The last thing that I think would be pretty cool is to do the tournament the same with signups and everything, but maybe make it double elimination, which I think would be a cool idea for people to not go 1 and out, and provide people with the chance of getting even more involved in the tournament.

Those were just some of my ideas, other than that I think King UU and DaSpoofy did a great job at hosting this tourney! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)