Gen 7 Hoopa-U And Heatran Offense

hoopa-unbound.jpg485.pngdownload (3).jpegdownload (3).pnglandorus-therian.jpgdownload (4).jpeg

download (1).png

ZA WARUDO (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hoopa-U is the center of the team and i tried building around it. it serves as the teams wallbreaker / stallbreaker i chose the band set cause its probably the best set because it has hyperspace fury which breaks stall amazingly well and hits like a truck also i decided to replace drain punch with zen headbutt because the amount of times Hyperspace Fury's pp ran out and lost against toxapex is too much to count and also fire punch just deals with steel types and i didnt find myself use drain punch that much

485.png
The Sun (Heatran) @ Steelium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

I chose heatran next because its in my opinion the best partner for hoopa as it is 4x resistant to fairy and bug and also has amazing sp attack and can deal with physical walls that have will o wisp which heatran is immune to also it serves as the 2nd wallbreaker and is a good check to magearna. heatran can also set up rocks which help Hoopa-U because it forces a lot of switches

download (3).jpeg
November Rain (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Next i chose Rotom-W because it can deal with ground types and also has volt switch which really helps bring Hoopa-U and also serves as the defogger and rotom-w is probably the best counter to rain teams and can burn enemies to cripple them so they dont one shot Hoopa-U since it has very bad Physical Def

download (3).png
Spice Girl (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Next i needed a fast fighting type with priority because since this team doesnt have a scarf i chose M-Lopunny for its fake out and high speed and also since i took drain punch from hoopa-u i needed to fill its place M-Lopunny also acts as a late game cleaner

landorus-therian.jpg
Rock Pet (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

This was an easy choice as i needed a ground type that resists fighting types also i didnt want the scarf set as i needed to kind of hurt u turn users and i really needed the HP ice to deal with other landos. landorus serves as the second pivot to complete the volt turn core with rotom wash i went for stone edge over rocks since heatran already has rocks and also to deal with flying and ice types like tornadus-T and Kyurem-Black after webs

download (4).jpeg
bug (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

lastly i went with ribombee as the suicide lead to set webs and paralyze the enemy i chose this over a normal stealth rocks/spikes lead because i felt like this team was a bit too slow and needed some speed control and again heatran already has stealth rocks to set nothing much else to say about ribombee other than the fact its good against mega sableye

THREATS:

Dragon Types:

images.jpeg

I dont really have anything against dragon types but the most problematic is M-Latios and M-Latias since Webs dont slow them and Hoopa cant switch on them also M-latias just uses Heatran as a setup fodder and is too bulky for M-Lopunny to knock it out which makes them probably the biggest threat

Also honorable meantion: Kingdra under rain nothing on my team can stop it

Mega Gyarados:
d1b4b9ec796de5d101e85258987036767c37a34b.png

After 1 dragon dance its pretty much over for me unless it doesn't have waterfall then maybe my landorus can handle it but other than that i cant do anything to it since it has mold breaker which bypasses rotoms ability so i cant use rotom aswell

Hawlucha:
download (5).jpeg

unless hawlucha makes a mistake or i can will o wisp it with rotom-w then i cant do anything and it just sweeps my entire team

Fast Pokemon That Don't Get Affected By Webs:

the thing all of these threats have in common is that they dont get affected by webs and there are more

I got to 1600 with this team but i think theres room for improvement to be made

Hello some of the mons you are using don't fit on the playstyle they are accustomed to. Like rotom wash, lando, lop, and maybe heatran dont work on webs because it doesn't abuse the speed aspect of webs. Also on webs you should aim to use mons that put a lot of offensive pressure that benefit from the -1 speed such as: mega heracross, bisharp, mega scizor, and etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)