HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wasn't a convenient spot in FR/LG. Four Island wasn't shaped anywhere near making that possible.
You just needed to ride up and down the beach to the left iirc. Granted, it is a fraction of the size of the other games, but considering the RNG in DPP is cracked, I see no reason to breed in the old games anyways imo.

just looking at the scan at serebii with the clearer pictures of the dogs i realize there was no ladders in diamond and pearl

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Kimono girl facing off a Rocket Grunt? Ha, awesome but all these thoughts of Gold and Silver make me wonder, will the old Bug Catching Contests be back?

More importantly, how would we get Beedrill?

I think I speak for all of us in saying.. this game better not set our hopes up to high.. and then smash them into bits.

Oh also, that Normal POkemon Gym Leader.. Whitney? I cannot wait for that Epic battle against that miltank with.. Curse + Heal Bell + MIlk Drink + Body Slam

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, I hated that damned Miltank! Luckily I'll be trading over some eggs from DPP, hatching them in Johto, transfering them back to EV train them, and just demolish whatever i can, as much as I can. =]

Plz Event Dragonite with ExtremeSpeed.

Or non Event would be better. :D Level-up or Tutor move 4tw!! Could you IMAGINE ExtremeSpeed being a Tutor Move? Dear god.
ExtremeSpeed Dragonite would be sweet. GameFreak should give Dragonite Thick Fat. >_>

I wish we could get this game translated by Christmas, having to wait probably until Spring is gonna suck!

Also, what happened with that Jirachi event? Is that for DPP or HGSS?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That Jirachi event is downloadable by everyone with a Japanese DPPt and access to Mystery Gift. Then, you have to send it to HGSS and then to PokéWalker to unlock a new area there. If there'll be anything special there, we don't know.... Yet.

More importantly, how would we get Beedrill?

I think I speak for all of us in saying.. this game better not set our hopes up to high.. and then smash them into bits.

Oh also, that Normal POkemon Gym Leader.. Whitney? I cannot wait for that Epic battle against that miltank with.. Curse + Heal Bell + MIlk Drink + Body Slam
Don't forget her abilities. Either she will make a hard life for Quilava users with Thick Fat, or Haunter users will be damned by her STAB move due to Scrappy.

And now, I want to point out something REALLY revealing on this page... You don't even need to have a full knowledge of Japanese, you just have to know katakana.

エンジュシティで出会う青年・ミナキ。
彼は、ジョウト地方にすむと言われている伝説のポケモン「スイクン」を追い続けているぞ!
Guess what that bolded word means? Yup, "Suikun". Looks like the coolest dog (heh) will be stationary again, and only it. I was hoping they'd pull out an FRLG again so that the stationary dog would be related to your starter, but good thing they didn't, otherwise I'd have to fight ENTEI on the Tin Tower...

Guess what that bolded word means? Yup, "Suikun". Looks like the coolest dog (heh) will be stationary again, and only it. I was hoping they'd pull out an FRLG again so that the stationary dog would be related to your starter, but good thing they didn't, otherwise I'd have to fight ENTEI on the Tin Tower...
How did you get that it will be a stationary pokemon from that. I translated the text with google

Chinese scholar tree MINAKI youth meet in the city.
He is a legendary Pokemon is said to have lived in rural JOUTO "Kung Sui," I have been following the​
Is the living in rural part mean it is somewhere you can battle it? It would make sense that it is stationary since the other previous map showed only the 2 dogs.

Mario With Lasers

How did you get that it will be a stationary pokemon from that. I translated the text with google

Is the living in rural part mean it is somewhere you can battle it? It would make sense that it is stationary since the other previous map showed only the 2 dogs.
Errm yeah, I kind of jumped to the conclusion from there. However, having Eusine back and related only to Suicune, while not having it on that map, basically give out it's going to be stationary... as Crystal was exactly like that too.

I'm thinking they should give Slaking Skill Swap. I mean, seriously, he'd destroy everything.
Not only would he be extremely broken, with the same base stats as groudon and kyogre, but he can cripple an opponet easy. But they wouldn't do that, because Slaking isn't even from jhoto. And they won't give any pokemon any new TM moves, just certain pokemon new event or tutor moves. And even then, probably only jhoto pokes at that.

Not only would he be extremely broken, with the same base stats as groudon and kyogre, but he can cripple an opponet easy. But they wouldn't do that, because Slaking isn't even from jhoto. And they won't give any pokemon any new TM moves, just certain pokemon new event or tutor moves. And even then, probably only jhoto pokes at that.
Indeed. Moreover, Slaking doesn't really have any Psychic attributes, like most other Pokemon that get it, so it has no reason to get a move like that.

Mario With Lasers

To be fair, I remember Gardevoir got Magical Leaf in FRLG, and she's far from being a Kanto pokémon. I believe Cacturne, Qwilfish and a few others also got some lv0 moves they couldn't learn in RSE, too. But I agree that Slaking won't get Skill Swap. The whole point of Truant and Slow Start is that they're there to make those otherwise-uber pokémon "acceptable" (Slow Start made Regigigas a bit too much acceptable, though). To get rid of an horrible ability, while also crippling the opponent and possibly giving you an useful ability, totally compensates giving up a moveslot to use Skill Swap. They wouldn't do that with Slaking in a million years.

To be fair, I remember Gardevoir got Magical Leaf in FRLG, and she's far from being a Kanto pokémon. I believe Cacturne, Qwilfish and a few others also got some lv0 moves they couldn't learn in RSE, too. But I agree that Slaking won't get Skill Swap. The whole point of Truant and Slow Start is that they're there to make those otherwise-uber pokémon "acceptable" (Slow Start made Regigigas a bit too much acceptable, though). To get rid of an horrible ability, while also crippling the opponent and possibly giving you an useful ability, totally compensates giving up a moveslot to use Skill Swap. They wouldn't do that with Slaking in a million years.
That was only Kirlia. Gardevoir couldn't learn it as a Gardevoir. They changed it in DPP though. Cacturne also got Destiny Bond at (was it Lv.57?).

EDIT: Also, a lot of non-Sinnoh Pokemon got moveset changes in Platinum, like Scizor.

It looks like headbutt trees are out.
You don't know that. For all we know, they could've cut down (no pun intended) on the number of Headbutt trees in the game, maybe limited them to one or two per route, and it's just none of them have appeared in any scans yet. Who knows, next month's CoroCoro might make a mention of Headbutt trees.

Or maybe the trees will be usable for both Headbutt AND honey, and you can get different Pokemon depending on what you did to the tree.

You don't know that. For all we know, they could've cut down (no pun intended) on the number of Headbutt trees in the game, maybe limited them to one or two per route, and it's just none of them have appeared in any scans yet. Who knows, next month's CoroCoro might make a mention of Headbutt trees.

Or maybe the trees will be usable for both Headbutt AND honey, and you can get different Pokemon depending on what you did to the tree.
Oh, I know I'm not sure - nobody can be sure they aren't in until the games come out. Unless, that is, CoroCoro states next month that "headbutt trees are out". But that would be a total downer to hear when the articles are supposed to get you pumped for HG/SS.

However, as my old 8 Ball would say, "signs point to no".

1. Headbutt trees used to be plentiful; we haven't had a scan with one yet.
2. Headbutt is no longer a TM (big indicator)
3. I don't think GameFreak is a fan anymore of "use a move, encounter Pokemon" (outside of Sweet Scent). In DPPt there were no Pokemon hiding under Rock Smash rocks, plus the idea of headbutt trees was made into Honey Trees.

Whats gonna become of the Dark Caves and Mt. Silver since in DPPt flash became a TM? What was the point of Dark Cave in GSC, just to get items and tyrogue?
Mt. Silver will probably be lit up now. Dark Cave though will probably be like the Wayward Cave in DPPt, as in, still being dark and an area where Flash can be used as a result, as I don't believe it was really too important of an area.

Whats gonna become of the Dark Caves and Mt. Silver since in DPPt flash became a TM? What was the point of Dark Cave in GSC, just to get items and tyrogue?
Lol the one where everyone went through to the end then realised they had a party of 6 and had to come all the way back? XD

Yeah I don't remember it being for anything other than those 2.

Also this thread is making me want to go buy back my DS and get a copy of HG when it comes out :) I got Gold on import ages before it was out and felt amazing, so I'm drooling nostalgia now.

Well I felt amazing until some kid stole it because I wouldn't trade my Mewtwo for an Ariados <_<

I think Whirlpool is a bigger question. I think that they will either replace whirlpools with breakable rocks, use an item to stop whirlpools or re-arrange areas so they aren't needed.

I think Whirlpool is a bigger question. I think that they will either replace whirlpools with breakable rocks, use an item to stop whirlpools or re-arrange areas so they aren't needed.
They'll probably replace Defog with Whirlpool or something like that (the HMs themselves can't be traded anyway, so it's not like it matters). After all, FR/LG didn't have Dive while RSE did. So, I can see them keeping the Whirlpools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)