SM OU hexiFLEXagon: it's time to fold

“I love SubPunch Buzzwole” - Srn in 2016

I was sitting at work one day, bored out of my mind, and I thought... what if Buzzwole was good? The more I play with this team, the more I realize that Buzzwole isn't just good, it's amazing. Yeah it's a rain team, yeah it's got Koko+Hawlucha, but both together ft. Swole? Everything just works so well together.

I’ve been testing this team and I’ve found some moderate success with it (23-1), so I wanted to share it with the community to hear some thoughts.

1524168551382.png

The big man himself. Weak to a lot of special moves, flying types, fire types... but when he gets the opportunity to Substitute up, he can do work.
1524168553056.png
1524168584368.png

I attached Pelipper, as it naturally serves as an answer to fire types and the rain makes them even weaker overall. Also, it could get rid of hazards with Defog. Toxic Spikes are really annoying to Substitute Swole because it's just nice to sit behind a Substitute, heal, and nab kills while getting free boosts. When I realized that I was basically building a rain team, I added the big guns:
1524168559329.png
1524168587752.png
1524087764921.png
1524168611271.png

I chose my two favorite rain abusers. Mega Swampert also served as my way of getting up Stealth Rock, because it forces switches with its excellent typing. Specs Kingdra blew holes into teams that would allow my next addition to capitalize on.
1524168561442.png
1524168589351.png
1524087764921.png
1524168613081.png
1524087960344.png

Scarf Kartana is so fast, so strong. With rain up, it lives a few HP Fires that it doesn't deserve to. The grass coverage helps me in the mirror. After Kingdra and Swampert would soften up the enemy team, Kartana would easily clean up from there.
1524168562817.png
1524168590842.png
1524087764921.png
1524168614839.png
1524087960344.png
1524088090417.png

Z-Wild Charge Tapu Koko was my final addition to this six mon roster. A lot of things that are annoying to this team (Lead Smeargle, Trick Room leads, Suicide Rocks Leads, Lando-T lead) are stopped by a fast taunt. Z-Wild Charge allows me to break through some really fat mons like Chansey, M-Sableye, Clefable, and Magearna outside of Rain. Overall, a great lead in most matchups, but Pelipper is also a good lead just to get up rain.
1524168562817.png
1524168590842.png
1524168614839.png
1524087960344.png
1524088090417.png
1524088298343.png

Kingdra wasn't cutting it, in terms of what I wanted it to do. The more I tested it, the more underwhelming its results would be. With all the Ferrothorns running around, I was relying too much on Buzzwole to come in (often on Leech Seeds) and beat it. Also, since I already had Tapu Koko getting up Terrain, it just made sense to add Hawlucha. The more fighting spam, the better, they say.
1524168562817.png
1524168590842.png
1524168614839.png
1524088090417.png
1524088298343.png
1524088427859.png

With Hawlucha setting up for basically free all the time and cleaning up teams on its own, Kartana felt redundant. I added AV Magearna to sponge hits that Buzzwole couldn't (notably, Greninjas, Kokos). Being able to Volt Switch out for free 95% of the time into Pelipper to get up rain or Buzzwole for a Sub opportunity gave this team some good momentum (VoltTurnTurn <3)

The Lineup:

Beef (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

The star of the show. With a Sub up, can easily net 2-3 kills. And with the meta as it is, I find many opportunities to Sub up with Swole.
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Buzzwole: 87-103 (20.8 - 24.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (63 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Buzzwole: 49-58 (11.7 - 13.9%) -- possible 8HKO
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Buzzwole: 55-66 (13.1 - 15.8%) -- possible 7HKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Buzzwole: 89-105 (21.3 - 25.1%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

Substitute provides protection from status and seeds (Ferro is annoying) and will often sponge up 2 hits for Buzzwole. It also lets Buzzwole throw out meteorically strong Focus Punches.
Focus Punch is the strongest Fighting move (150BP, if you don't know lol). Other Fighting type moves with Buzzwole come with notable downsides (Superpowers lowers your Atk/Def after each use, Hammer Arm lowers Spe, Drain Punch hits like a noodle [and Leftovers recovery is often enough for Buzzwole]).
Flyinium-Z Lando-T seems to be out of style, but the beast is still running around. Buzzwole can sponge up and of its hits and get up a free Sub. Depending on how bulky the Lando is and whether I am Intimidated or not, Ice Punch is a 2HKO or OHKO. Ice Punch is mandatory, even if it's mostly for just one mon, just because how prevalant Lando is in the meta.
Earthquake is a good general coverage. It hits Toxapex, Gengar, Victini, etc.. Usually, Focus Punch is the best move in nearly every scenario. Even when resisted, it does more damage than a neutral Earthquake (150BP*1.5STAB/2=112.5BP of a resisted Focus Punch, whereas EQ is just 100BP).

Wings (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

The rain setter. The trend setter. This mon is Politoed with U-turn. Nothing really special about this spread. Apparently, according to Smogon "The given EV spread and nature allow Pelipper to tank a Supersonic Skystrike from Landorus-T and avoid the 2HKO from Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump. Special defense investment also helps Pelipper comfortably U-turn out of Mega Charizard Y", so I guess that's good.
Scald burns things that lets the rest of the team sweep more easily. Rain being up makes Scald stronger, so that's neat.
U-turn is for momentum and what makes this mon significantly better than Politoed. The momentum gained from this mon that really should just be a weather setter is amazing.
Roost heals off damage, notably Rocks chip.
Defog gets rid of hazards. It's very good.

Fins (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

The abuser of Rain. Adamant is to hit as hard as possible, no notable scarfer can outspeed and ohko this mon, so you should be fine. Waterfall is the strongest move in Rain, EQ is the strongest move outside of Rain. Ice Punch is for weakened Grass mons (emphasis on weakened, because they usually can eat up one Ice Punch), Garchomp, and Zygarde. Mega Swampert, surprisingly, forces many switches, so it's basically free to get up Rocks. Even if they don't switch out, bulky boy over here can sponge a few hits (having only one weakness is nice), and generally, HP on this mon isn't that important unless you're against a team with a lot of priority.

Peck (Tapu Koko) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

When people switch into Tapu Koko, they typically expect the special set (ya know, Tbolt, that kinda garbage). Z-Wild Charge is my favorite set, ESPECIALLY on a Rain team.
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 520-613 (74 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Electric Terrain: 345-406 (87.5 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Electric Terrain: 348-411 (95.8 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Sableye-Mega in Electric Terrain: 322-379 (106.2 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO

What a powerhouse.
HP Ice is good for catching Koko's usually switch-ins.
4 SpA Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 204-240 (63.9 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 204-240 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 176-208 (43.5 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 176-208 (49.1 - 58.1%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO
Though it doesn't straight up ohko, Koko's speed usually allows for a simple reclick of the HP Ice button.

Taunt makes Koko a good choice against standard leads, preventing hazards from coming up. Against slower teams or stall, Taunt can straight up win games, preventing your opponent from setting up boosts or hazards against you.
U-turn is for momentum. Because this is a physically based Koko, it does even more damage than standard special Koko, so that's coo. Volt Switch is trash. Often, you can U-turn into Pelipper, to get up rain, or Hawlucha, to clean shop (or M-Swampert to nab a kill or two if Rain is still up).

Press (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Does having two Fighting mons count as Fighting spam? Hawlucha in Terrain is a menace. Electric Seed raising its defense gives it many opportunities to set up an SD. I gave it a few extra points in speed to outspeed all those copy pasters who just take Smogon spreads. After Unburden, this mons outspeeds everything in the world. Acrobatics + HJK as STABS are strong af, 2hkoing or ohkoing basically everything. SD is for the boosts, guaranteeing a flawless victory. Roost is nice because it allows Hawlucha to set up on weaker mons (Roosting off damage, SDing when you can).

This mon is so braindead it hurts.

Cog (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

As Buzzwole eats physical hits, Magearna devours special hits. It's pretty much impossible to OHKO this thing on the special side, especially with Rain up (weakening Fire type moves). Spread is to maximize its defensive capability, as it is often used as a pivot, rather than a damage dealer. Fleur Cannon is Magearna's best STAB option, though there are rarely times I will go for it. Iron Head helps break through Clefable as its setting up Calm Minds. Hidden Power Fire is fine, because Kartana still dies.

Not in Rain: 8 SpA Magearna Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 524-620 (201.5 - 238.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
In Rain: 8 SpA Magearna Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana in Rain: 260-308 (100 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Volt Switch is more of that momentum. Because of the potential for Fleur Cannon to blast through a team, a lot of people just switch out. Volt Switch helps capitalize on that. Also, since Magearna is slow and bulky, it's okay if they stay in too. Magearna is fine with sponging hits to give you free momentum. Volt Switch is also good if you've weakened yourself by using Fleur Cannon. Whew, this mon is fantastic.

Threats:
1524170884440.png
Volcarona: If this monster gets to +1, you better be scared. If it gets to +2, you better start saying your prayers. Always keep up rocks pressure and play aggro af. I sweat every time I see this bug.

1524171039788.png
Charizard-Y: Getting into a weather war isn't fun. Especially since he can Mega Evolve on your Pelipper and click buttons and kill your team. I recommend playing aggressively with Koko, having Rocks up, and trying to bring in Pelipper as often, but safely, as possible to invalidate that Sun.

1524171063435.png
Toxapex: A well played Toxapex with Rocks pressure can be really annoying. Be smart with how you use Koko and don't let it get whittle too much. Often, I'll just end up fishing for a Scald burn with Pelipper in order to invalidate its Black Sludge recover and force it to recover more often, giving me more freedom to go into Buzzwole and Sub while its Recovering.

1524171080147.png
Greninja/ Ash-Greninja: If you let Magearna get weakened too much by switching into multiple Hydro Pumps (keep in mind your Rain makes his Hydros stronger), you're gonna have a bad time.

1524171295628.png
Rotom-Wash: It can Volt Switch on you for basically free. It's hard to bring in Swampert on it because it can burn you and there's nothing you can do back. My way of usually dealing with it is wasting my Z move on it. Stop staying in with your Rotom-Washes against me. Stop.

1524171354821.png
Ferrothorn: While not terrible, constant Leech Seeding as you try to switch around is annoying. Protecting on HJKs is something to worry about and keeps me up at night. Buzzwole does set up on this though, just make sure it doesn't get Leech Seeded on the switch-in.

Notable Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-734644543
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-727110096
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-728416360 (this guy brought a Pineco and I thought that was hilarious)

Beef (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Press (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Wings (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Fins (Swampert) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Peck (Tapu Koko) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Cog (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Attachments

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, this is a really cool team. Buzzwole is quite an interesting idea on rain. Hopefully I can suggest some changes to help improve the team.

MAJOR CHANGE

chopleberry.png598.png > assaultvest.png801.png: First change I suggest is Ferrothorn over Magearna. This should help improve your matchup against Greninja since it can switch into specs Hydro pumps better. It can also switch into Toxapex and Rotom to set up hazards or annoy them with leech seed. Chople Berry is what I usually see and use on rain to help with the last weakness. Lastly Ferrothorn gives you Spikes support which is great on rain teams.

MINOR CHANGES

260-m.pngSuperpower > Stealth Rock: Now that you have Ferrothorn to setup rocks, Swampert can run Superpower which is mainly for opposing Ferrothorns. Earthquake into Superpower always kills. Waterfall in rain into Superpower has a chance to kill. This opens up the door for Tapu Koko.

electricseed.png701.pngMinor EV change: I'm not sure if you were aware but the smogon spread has 124 speed to outspeed everything up to Jolly Excadrill in sand. So I highly recomnend using that spread.

leftovers.png794.pngStone Edge > Earthquake [optional]: Lastly I want to mention the idea of Stone Edge on Buzzwole over Earthquake to OHKO Charizard and Volcarona. You live any non-Z move from Volcarona in rain and Knock them out (also taking nothing if they try to setup) and you can OHKO Charizard from behind a sub. You do lose out on coverage for Toxapex, but as you mentioned Scald doesn't break the sub so it might be worth trying out.

Hopefully this rate was helpful, and best of luck with the team :]

Importable
~~794.png701.png279.png260-m.png785.png598.png~~

you have some very interesting, creative changes. thank you for your suggestions! gonna go test this out

Reactions: DKM

Srn

The Monstrous Bird of New England
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I love you too

Anyway
I'd change the Buzzwole spread to something like this:
Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

The HP is all good for tanking ferro, pex, and lando-t, and you still get the attack boost from beast boost, but now you should be getting up the sub before rotom-w can wisp you, defensive lando-t can toxic, and some bulu can leech seed. Its a pretty big drop in power but its worth imo.
I wouldn't change any of the moves, threatening toxapex is necessary for buzzwole to effectively pressure balance. If anything, i'd consider removing ice punch since lando-t isn't doing shit to you anyway (or its killing u with z-fly faster than u can attack), and zygarde is forced to outrage which is not bad to play around. Thunderpunch or Poison Jab could be options, but that's up to you.

On tapu koko, I'd recommend running Roost over Taunt. I noticed the team is a bit weak to fini; it can come in on pelipper and wall/outspeed and punish buzzwole with moonblast, natures madness the swampert, magearna, and koko, and moonblast the hawlucha. Roost on koko ensures that you can safely bring in Koko and roost off anything while threatening it out. The same applies to rotom-wash, although you may not like Wisp.
In that case, you could also run something like Z-Thunder over Z-Wild Charge with hp ice/roost/volt switch as your other moves.

I also think you're not that weak to ferrothorn/kartana as you think you are, Buzzwole really does a good job checking both. Therefore, if you really want to light up the city with some heat, you could try Grass Knot over HP Fire on Magearna. This would target gastrodon, quagsire, and hippowdon, all of which are pretty annoying to tapu koko/hawlucha/buzzwole, and I think it's a pretty cool lure anyway.

That's about all I can say on this rain build.
Thank you for showing my favorite bug some love <3

Hey Turx! Cool rain team you have there. I love the idea of using "Sub-Punch Buzzwole", as it is a pretty potent balance breaker, in my eyes. The team is not perfect, however, and one huge aspect of a rain team is missing which I am going to go over later on in my "Overview" and "How could you improve the team?"- section.

Overview:
The team seems pretty solid and standard besides Buzzwole. The one aspect that I am missing is a special wallbreaker on the team. It may just be me, but I do think one is necessary, since you are not going to be able to break the physical walls with just your Swampert and/or Hawlucha. What may also be mentioned is the fact that your hazard setter is Mega-Swampert and that your only way of laying hazards is to lay only the rocks with Mega-Swampert, which is a huge momentum drain for a Pokémon with such power. That is all there is to criticize, however, and not a lot of tweaks and changes need to be made.
How could you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
:
The first issue with the team is getting covered with this change. Kingdra just hits like a truck and outspeeds most of the tier under rain. The change of Hawlucha might sound like it hurts a bit, but it was the least harmful change to the team, I believe. Changing Tapu Koko would have made Hawlucha bad and changing Buzzwole was also not an option because it is the main Pokémon of the team.
>
:
This change is supposed to cover the second issue I had with the team, and that was hazards. I completely agree with the points DragonKnightmaster made and I do not think much needs to be added.
Minor Changes:
Rain Dance > Stealth Rock (
) :
Since you now have a solid hazard stacker, a moveslot is freed up for Mega-Swampert. You can go a lot of different directions here: You can run Power-Up-Punch, Superpower, or Rain Dance. What I particularly like about Rain Dance is that in a lot of situations you can make the Mega-Swampert gain a huge amount of momentum, and, possibly, still get some kills with it after your initial setter, Pelipper, dies. Also, it does help you win the weather wars versus Pokémon like Tyranitar or Charizard-Y.
Spread Change (
) : I think given the fact that you want to Substitute up on a couple of Pokémon like Scizor or Mega-Mawile, for instance, it is necessary to invest some EV's into speed. I decided to go with an amount of 32 Speed, since it hits 201 which outspeeds most relevant Mega-Scizor sets and all relevant Mega-Mawile sets.
Conclusion:
The team seemed decent before but was annoyed by quite a few Pokémon. It was also missing a special attacking wallbreaker. The team now, although not flawless, should have most of your problems covered and mine covered as well. I hope you can kind of see where I am coming from and possibly even agree with some of my changes. With all of that being said, good luck in your future endeavors and have fun with the team!

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of the Koko on this team, just because it leaves the team incredibly weak to any decent stall core due to your overwhelming physical presence. I'm partial to this set to decimate stall while still working with Lucha against offence, and I can see it doing wonders with Buzz as well by drawing out mons like Bisharp that Buzz can force switches on.

Tapu Lele @ Fairium Z / Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Obviously changing Lucha to Psychic Seed.

I'm not a huge fan of the Koko on this team, just because it leaves the team incredibly weak to any decent stall core due to your overwhelming physical presence. I'm partial to this set to decimate stall while still working with Lucha against offence, and I can see it doing wonders with Buzz as well by drawing out mons like Bisharp that Buzz can force switches on.

Tapu Lele @ Fairium Z / Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Obviously changing Lucha to Psychic Seed.
That is not necessarily true, though as Taunt is able to shut down most Pokémon on stall. You have Electrium for the Unaware Clefable and Sableye, which runs max special defense these days. Quagsire is a wall to it, but you still have to option to U-Turn on it, so it works well in a collective, I believe. I do agree with your other points, however.

That is not necessarily true, though as Taunt is able to shut down most Pokémon on stall. You have Electrium for the Unaware Clefable and Sableye, which runs max special defense these days. Quagsire is a wall to it, but you still have to option to U-Turn on it, so it works well in a collective, I believe. I do agree with your other points, however.
I don't think Koko is completely ineffective, but this set also beats both Clefable and Sableye, while also having a better matchup against Kyurem and Quagsire stall variants, and being able to break Chansey if the Z-move is down.

Um
Psyshock is always doing more to a Chansey than Focus Blast.

+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 394-464 (56.1 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 390-460 (55.5 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Its true this is weaker to Rachi, but this is rain offence featuring Pert so I don't think Rachi is your key worry.

Hey Turx! Cool rain team you have there. I love the idea of using "Sub-Punch Buzzwole", as it is a pretty potent balance breaker, in my eyes. The team is not perfect, however, and one huge aspect of a rain team is missing which I am going to go over later on in my "Overview" and "How could you improve the team?"- section.

Overview:
The team seems pretty solid and standard besides of the Buzzwole. The one aspect that I am missing is a special wallbreaker on the team. It may just be me, but I do think one is necessary, since you are not going to be able the physical walls with just your Swampert and/or Hawlucha. What may also be mentioned is the fact that your hazard setter is Mega-Swampert and that your only way of laying hazards is to lay only the rocks with Mega-Swampert, which is a huge momentum drain for a Pokémon with such power. That is all there is to criticize, however, and not a lot of tweaks and changes need to be made.
How could you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
:
The first issue with the team is getting covered with this change. Kingdra just hits like a truck and outspeeds most of the tier under rain. The change of Hawlucha might sound like it hurts a bit, but it was the least harmful change to the team, I believe. Changing Tapu Koko would have made Hawlucha bad and changing Buzzwole was also not an option because it is the main Pokémon of the team.
>
:
This change is supposed to cover the second issue I had with the team, and that was hazards. I completely agree with the points DragonKnightmaster made and I do not think much needs to be added.
Minor Changes:
Rain Dance > Stealth Rock (
) :
Since you now have a solid hazard stacker, a moveslot is freed up for Mega-Swampert. You can go a lot of different directions here: You can run Power-Up-Punch, Superpower, or Rain Dance. What I particularly like about Rain Dance is that in a lot of situations you can make the Mega-Swampert gain a huge amount of momentum, and, possibly, still get some kills with it after your initial setter, Pelipper, dies. Also, it does help you win the weather wars versus Pokémon like Tyranitar or Charizard-Y.
Spread Change (
) : I think given the fact that you want to Substitute up on a couple of Pokémon like Scizor or Mega-Mawile, for instance, it is necessary to invest some EV's into speed. I decided to go with an amount of 32 Speed, since it hit 201 which outspeeds most relevant Mega-Scizor sets and all relevant Mega-Mawile sets.
Conclusion:
The team seemed decent before but was annoyed by quite a few Pokémon. It was also missing a special attacking wallbreaker. The team now, although not flawless, should have most of your problems covered and mine covered as well. I hope you can kind of see where I am coming from and possibly even agree with some of my changes. With all of that being said, good luck in your future endeavors and have fun with the team!

Thank you for your well-written suggestion! I really appreciate the feedback.
The inclusion of Rain Dance M-Swampert is a good idea. I'm just trying to tweak and test the team taking into account all these suggestions.
Lots of testing to do :v

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)