Heath Ledger is Dead

So people aren't to care about someone dying that they may have become enamored with or come to admire over time after having been continuously exposed to their work and their lives? This is opposed to the deaths all over the world that occur to animals and people that they have no attachment to whatsoever?

People always care more about something that happens to someone/something they are familiar with as opposed to something they are not. Grow up.

As far as Heath Ledger goes? It's a sad loss. He was definitely one of my favorite actors.
Yeah, exactly. Some people are such dumbasses sometimes.

A sad an unnecessary loss indeed. He had a 2 year old daughter, and wasn't even 30 yet... Rest in Peace, Heath Ledger. =[

edit: Just saw the trailer for The Dark Knight... The Joker looks so scary, and dark in this one. Jack Nicholson played a really good Joker yes... But I think Heath will top him. That laugh sends chills down my spin.

Who cares to be honest? Just because hes a celebrity doesn't mean that his death should get any special attention. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into another Anna Nicole Smith.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Who cares to be honest? Just because hes a celebrity doesn't mean that his death should get any special attention. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into another Anna Nicole Smith.
Is every woman in America going to be clamoring to be the mother of Heath Ledger's baby? You know, the guy who played a gay guy in Brokeback Mountain? (I am unsure if he is gay in real life, Hollywood should quit its preachy, crappy flicks if it wants my business or attention span.)

RIP Heath Ledger.

Of course you all do realize this is just another in a long string of drug-related deaths among Hollywood actors and actresses. Heath Ledger is just another actor who got pulled in and couldn't pull out.

So people aren't to care about someone dying that they may have become enamored with or come to admire over time after having been continuously exposed to their work and their lives? This is opposed to the deaths all over the world that occur to animals and people that they have no attachment to whatsoever?

People always care more about something that happens to someone/something they are familiar with as opposed to something they are not. Grow up.
All walks of life hold the same value on our planet. No one person is worth more than another. Your mother is worth as much as a Crack Head, some random chick you saw today is worth as much as George Bush, Heath Ledger as much as some woman killed in Seirra Leone today.

People always care more about something that happens to someone/something they are familiar with as opposed to something they are not is just stupid. That just called selfishness.

Care about something important. Care about an Environmental issue that will affects all forms of life on this earth.

Grow up.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All walks of life hold the same value on our planet. No one person is worth more than another. Your mother is worth as much as a Crack Head, some random chick you saw today is worth as much as George Bush, Heath Ledger as much as some woman killed in Seirra Leone today.

People always care more about something that happens to someone/something they are familiar with as opposed to something they are not is just stupid. That just called selfishness.

Care about something important. Care about an Environmental issue that will affects all forms of life on this earth.

Grow up.
Today a grizzly bear mauled a fish. Pray for all the fish destroyed by this senseless act of violent, animalistic aggression.

You people really should care more about the senseless death of fish at the hands (claws? mouths?) of grizzly bears than about some human actor type. The fish are being slaughtered by imperialistic f'ing grizzly bears!

Heath Ledger is dead. I didn't see any of his movies, and didn't care for the message of his most infamous film, Brokeback Mountain.

Even I'm not senseless enough to turn a topic dedicated to respecting his unfortunate passing into a stump speech for enviro-lunacy.

Today a grizzly bear mauled a fish. Pray for all the fish destroyed by this senseless act of violent, animalistic aggression.
Thats survival that is essential to keeping our ecosystem going people.

No one profited for Heath Ledgers death, well thats not really true, People, Us, and other shit like that makes a killing of this shit, but you get my point.

It's sad when anyone dies, and in his case it was tragic because he battled depression for a long time, and was a good person. He wasn't like many of the other Hollywood stars; he only did movies he wanted to do (you don't see him an any crap films) because he had dignity. RIP.

And on another note, we just celebrated MLK day. When he died, many people were overcome with grief. I'm not saying that anyone is worth more than another, but I think people had every right to mourn his loss for as long as they did.

Dedication is a powerful thing.

When you go watch The Dark Knight, please think that part of the reason Heath Ledger died is because of his dedication to the role of the Joker.

It's quite tragic really. But I'm going to see it. It will be "creepy" watching the Joker, especially knowing that Ledger is dead -- but the thing is, it's his "last moment" on the big screen. It's a tribute to Heath, and money will go to his family.

RIP Heath. May you be proof that dedication is a wondrous thing but can also be too much. :(

Grow up.
I love that you can tell the rest of the world what to care about. I don't care if anyone has any kind of importance in the "grand scheme" of things because everything is relative. To me my mother is much more important than some crack-head on the street. George Bush is much more important to many people on a grand scale because of the power that he holds.

"People always care more about something that happens to someone/something they are familiar with as opposed to something they are not is just stupid. That just called selfishness."

No, that's called reality. People only care about things that they are either interested in or connected to in some way. That's life.

"Grow up".

Everything is relative and people have every right to care about whatever they want. I'm not going to complain when I hear environmentalists mourn over the loss of a species, and they better not complain when I mourn the loss of one of my favorite actors. If you don't care that he died keep it to yourself.

He was a great actor and a brave man. Rest in Peace.

Grow up.
The problem with your reasoning is that it is in a human being's nature to develop emotions and attachments towards other people and things. I am way more attached to my mother than a random crackhead, thus I will "care" about her death but not about the random crackhead. I haven't seen any of this guy's movies (though I do plan to see The Dark Knight) and don't care much about him, but you don't seem to realize that his loss is something of importance to people who were fans of his movies? Yes, I do understand what you're calling "selfish" but aren't you being even more selfish when you refuse to understand people's emotions?

Apparently I should mourn a woman at Sierra Leone as much as I'd mourn my mother, or my best friend, or my favorite actor, or the dude who comes fix my TV when it doesn't work. Either that or I should "grow up."

It's not like "caring" about an actor's death instantly makes me unaware of "the grand scheme of things." You talk as if someone was actively going against the concept of "equal value of every life" by mourning an actor they liked's death.

just a quick fact to throw in this shitfest of an argument.

did any of you actually do any digging when you found out about this to see what was really going on or did you just take what the news said at face value? with a bit of research you might have found out that heath ledger was also suffering from pneumonia and quite possibly died from whats known as "galloping pneumonia". for all of you who have no idea what that means here is a pretty good explanation: http://www.chiroweb.com/archives/08/15/20.html
i wouldn't rule out the possibility of an overdose but it is much less likely than dying from this string of pneumonia seeing as he wasn't depressed in any way and was often described as "a cheerful caring person who loved to spend time with his daughter".

it really annoys me that the media these days is more interested in reporting incredibly warped versions of the truth for entertainment than actual newsworthy stories. i honestly don't give a flying fuck that heath ledger died but it pisses me off that so many people are letting themselves be misled because of their own ignorance.

TaiwaneseDude said:
Dedication is a powerful thing.

When you go watch The Dark Knight, please think that part of the reason Heath Ledger died is because of his dedication to the role of the Joker.
please just stop. he did not die from a dedication to some movie he did. nothing he did while on the set of The Dark Knight was in any way correlated to his death. quit making up bullshit. seriously.

You do realize he locked himself away for months just sitting in front of a mirror to try and get the character of the Joker done properly, right?

Anyway, I havent assumed anything about his death. The movie could be connected to his death, it is also quite possible that it is not. Anyway, just wait and see what comes out. It doesn't take away from the fact that it's a tragedy.

any great actor devotes incredible amounts of time to their character but you don't see them dropping dead because of it. i honestly do not believe that getting into the character of the joker was in any way connected to his death.

Heard this morning that to autopsy was inconclusive. There were not pills everywhere around the body, but he had five different prescription bottles in his apartment. They were Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Ambien, and Restoril. The first three are similar benzodiazepine tranquilizers (calm me downers), the second two are considered non-benzodiazepine hypnotics (sleeping pills, Restoril is only used in extreme insomnia). There was also a rolled $20.00 bill, but it tested clean for Narcotics/Benzos. Allegedly the pill bottles were full.

edit: Forgot to mention that all of the above are CNS (central nervous system) depressants. Combining several of the could cause as slowed heartbeat, resulting in respiratory depression, resulting in death. This would not necessarily be an overdose. I just want to know what doctor would prescribe all of them at once.

They're all benzos, [well, other than ambien], and temazepam/restoril is prescribed for mild insomnia/anxiety [I know this as a friend of mine is prescribed it for the associating anxiety that comes with her citalopram].

And a benzo overdose is so, so fucking unlikely to kill you it's untrue.

I am 15 months from starting my Pharmaceutical residency. I know more about Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium), Lorazepam (Ativan), Zolpidem (Ambien), and Temazepam (Restoril), and every other Rx medication than I want too.

Combining several will result in CNS depression and a very bad time, even if you didnt realize what you were doing.

I'm glad to see that, it's most likely, this was not a suicide. But it saddens me that it could have been accidental.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)