Have you ever broken a DS stylus before?

So I've been playing a lot of the fan translation of Chibi Robo Clean Sweep (an amazing franchise btw, you should play the first one if you haven't before), and it's the first DS game I've played in a very long time with with heavy touch screen usage. As such, I've been using the stylus a lot recently and this reminded me of the time I broke my stylus while playing Kirby mass attack back when the game first came out. For those who don't know, mass attack is a game that requires lots of fast and repeated touches so it's kinda a prime game to break a stylus while playing. IIRC, the point spilt in two and the white piece flew out. That brings me to the point of this thread, have you ever broken a DS stylus before? It's only happened to me this one time, and I cant find much discussion about it online so I am assuming its a fairly rare occurrence. And I'm talking about breaking it while playing a game, not it breaking while it's still inside the ds or buying a used ds with a broken stylus or anything else. Specifically breaking a stylus while playing a game. I'm mainly talking about breaking a DS/3DS stylus but if you want to share other device styluses you've broken in a similar manner, feel free to.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
My 3DS's stylus got jammed in the stylus holder pretty early into the system's life (circa 2013), so I spent the rest of high school and all of undergrad and COVID scraping by with random DS styluses I had lying around. It got to the point where I had a dream in 2014 that I was able to smoothly remove the stylus, and then I promptly woke up, tried to remove the stylus like in my dream, but it wouldn't budge at all. Finally, in like late 2022, I finally managed to get it unstuck by some holy miracle

I broke it a few months later but that's besides the point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)