happy birthday and site release everyone

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
notice anything different? read the message on the front page, it sums everything I would have said in this post.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
happy birthday threads are banned!!

awesome work guys you know how much its appreciated by everyone who comes here. i am glad to have found such an intelligent and close community, i didn't think such things existed on the internet before i found Smogon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMOGON

I'm the indiest, I didn't submit a message even though i was active on irc! Posting a message is FAR too conformist for me !

Anyway the real reason I posted was to say congratulations and thanks to chaos, you've put a lot of work in to this and it's nice to see everything up and running again. Obviously it doesn't matter too much to be individually since I doubt I'll play another round of pokemon until competitor comes out but having everything up and running helps a lot of people(and so does this community in general) and it wouldn't have happened without you. Great job buddy.

These 3 years have gone by so fast. I still remember when we were first discussing a name for this place. Pokemon Grand Central Station hehe...

You guys have done an amazing job on this site and everything for this community is truly great. Keep up the good jobs guy!

=')

easily the best online community i have ever encountered, I'm hell of proud to be a part of it. grats to the old schoolers who got it started and thanks for all the hard work + dedication

Definately thrilled for you to have finally launched it guys. I know you must've put an incredible amount of work into it and it looks fantastic.

Congrats everyone involved in overhauling the website!!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Happy third birthday Smogon!

Congratulations on the new site release; here's to many more years and an awesome community!

this place is assload better than were i started my internet community experince

don't feel like talking about it though

Somehow, I thought that Smogon had always been there... it's only 3 years old?
It's awesome that the site is up, <i>huge</i> thanks to chaos and all of the mods working on it! All of the Pokenerds appreciate it!

Postcount +1

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Awesome, a great day to release the site when you couldn't meet the other deadline. Everything looks fantastic and the naysayers have been proven wrong. In my 1 and a half years at Smogon I've gone from silly idiot forum member to a regular contributor, and I was proud to be a part of Smogon the entire time. Smogon is filled with great people and is a great resource for Pokemon fans who want to get an extra edge, and its a pleasure to serve and be a part of something so fantastic. Happy Birthday Smogon!

</cheezy>

Oh yes, since we're doing this "how awesome is smogon" theme...

Smogon is tits wild. By this I mean I am here everyday, all the time when I'm doing nothing (so, er, all the time?).

Best website ever.

BTW
Just thought of this: What does this mean for a timeframe left for the wifi trading forums?

:D please give us a good warning a few days before it goes down!!

I'm very glad Smogon exists. Happy birthday! Funny how Smogon was released on a tuesday- just like every other video game/cd/any type of electronic. Like kamikaen said, I always thought Smogon was here, and I'm glad I found it as soon as I did.

Happy Birthday Smogon (late and all). I wasn't around that much when i first joined, i didn't catch the humor (and still learning...i guess), but i can say this forum(and site) is one of my favorites!.And there is good people on it.

=) Had to improvise something. Sry i just did it quick.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
awesome! its great to see the site finished man. seriously, good job chaos. smogon's always been fun to spend time at (#smogon) and i hope it always stays that way!

happy birthday guys!

Happy Birthday Smogon!

Also, congrats chaos for getting the "main site" up and running. Great work to all who have dedicated time (and money?) to making one of the (if not the) best site on the web.

Interestingly enough, the new site isn't there for firefox users, I had to get on internet exploder to see it...

EDIT: works now.

Reguardless, Happy birthday smogon, your 4 years older than me ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)