Other [Hackmons 1v1] The Mystical Squad

Hi Smogon, dsm77773 here. So September has finally come to an end, and Hackmons 1v1 is no longer the OMotM (Leader's Choice), not that No Guard Galaxy isn't fun or anything (it's a cool meta too). So I decided this is the time to share this team with you, which got me to 1416 elo and probably could've got me higher.

Skip this part, 'cause it's the team at a glance

Now you can stop scrolling down, this is the team in depth

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Zen Headbutt
- Leech Seed

It's Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X, bitches. Like this, no abreviations, no Huge Power MMX. This thing is the literal definition of sheer power, sporting an above-average 394 Speed and an absolutely monstruous 958 Attack with a Jolly Nature. People sometimes choose Slaking or Regigigas, for it's STAB FakeSpeed, but they don't have such a sheer power nor a STAB nuke in the back.
So on the moves, Fake Out is for free damage (yes, free damage, not chip damage, because Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X has such a ridiculous power it'll do >40% in most cases), and Extreme Speed forms the nasty FakeSpeed combo that lets it finish with a lot of mons (and matches) without even letting the foe moving. They're both very powerful, but off-STAB moves, so Silk Scarf powers them a bit with no recoil (which I hate). Next there's a ridiculous STAB nuke, Zen Headbutt. I would've chosen High Jump Kick, which is far more powerful, if it wasn't for Ghost-types (Mega Gengar and Giratina). Anyway, despite it's low BP, it packs a massive punch. Finally Leech Seed is essentially to get rid of Shedinja. Initially, this slot was given to Infestation with the same purpose, but Game Freak decided Infestation was a contact move, so I didn't stand a chance against King's Shield users. Leech Seed bypasses King's Shield while also killing Sheddy and sapping health from bulky walls. Some calcs to proof Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X's huge power (pun somewhat intended):
252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Giratina: 297-349 (59 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 139-164 (39.3 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 277-327 (78.4 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 348-409 (98.5 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 187-220 (52.9 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 372-438 (105.3 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-2 252 Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 186-219 (52.6 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 840-990 (320.6 - 377.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-2 252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 420-494 (160.3 - 188.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-6 252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 210-248 (80.1 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 189-223 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
It's so powerful it can even beat Imprisonform Giratina with Struggle, before dying from recoil!
However, despite this awesome sheer power, Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X has a few major weaknesses. The biggest one is King's Shield, which requires a good amount of prediction with Leech Seed to get past. However, if Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X hits the shield, its Attack will be halved, while this still leaves it with a good 479 Attack, this is not enough to break through bulky Pokémon, especially when using off-STAB moves. And it cannot break Lugia nor the rare physically defensive Giratina that easily. Of course, its two teammates will help with that.

Giratina @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Imprison
- Transform
- King's Shield

"If you're using Imprisonform Giratina, please gtfo of here"
Yes, Imprisonform Giratina. The infamous Imprisonform combo (short for Imprison+Transform combo) that has been deemed broken and complained on by a lot of players. I won't lie, it's a very powerful strategy, but has some flaws and weaknesses I'll comment on later.
The basic idea of this strategy is to sleep the foe, Imprison it, and then Transform, forcing it to Struggle while you use their own moves to beat them easily. Thus, Dark Void (and yeees, Spore too...), Imprison and Transform are mandatory. Prankster helps completing the combo with even greater ease. While it looks like this is a complete Magic Bounce victim, it is not. If you hit a Magic Bouncer with Dark Void, Lum Berry is there to save the day against them and other faster Prankster sleepers. If you can't sleep the foe, the solution is to Imprison directly and then Transform (and Prankster and really helps with that), this ballsy strategy works wonders and might net you a surprise victory.
And finally, there's King's Shield, which let's Giratina beat Huge & Pure Power and to reduce damage output when needed.
While this looks borderline unbeatable, there are ways to beat this. Magic Bouncers with a sleep move can put to sleep Giratina via its own Dark Void plus their sleeping move. And Prankster Taunt from a faster mon (looking at you Lugia) completely wrecks this.
Overall though, this is great at beating passive mons (and half of the meta to be honest).

Diancie-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Power Gem
- King's Shield
- Leech Seed

And last but not least, there's Mega Diancie! This was suggested by Pikachuun on the Other Metas room, as a way to beat opposing Imprisonform Giratinas, so he gets a shoutout :).
A bit more seriously, this set is great at what it does (beating Imprisonform Giratinas and some other miscellaneous threats its teammates cannot deal with).
I made the moveset (aside from Light of Ruin) consisting of:
Parental Bond Light of Ruin, which OHKOes any Giratina and it's a overall monstrous special nuke. However, you must be certain you'll OHKO the foe, because otherwise you'll faint from recoil 99% of the time.
Next there's Power Gem, the most powerful special Rock STAB existing. While it seems weak on paper, it actually hits harder than you'd expect, and very important targets as well:
252 SpA Parental Bond Mega Diancie Power Gem vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Lugia: 315-372 (75.7 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Parental Bond Mega Diancie Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 459-543 (130.7 - 154.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Leech Seed allows it to beat Shedinja and was intended to beat Imposters with it. I'll comment on this later.
King's Shield is a nice utility move overall, and allows for Leech Seed stalling (a lot of people asked me about the set when doing this, because lol Leech Seed stalling Mega Diancie), and as always it helps with Huge & Pure Power shenanigans.
Lum Berry is the chosen item for Prankster sleepers and Giratina especially, spread and Nature self-explanatory.

Weaknesses
Imposter.
Is the #1 weakness of the team. While Mega Diancie and Mega Mewtwo X carry Leech Seed, they have simply too much of an offensive presence. Your best bet is to send out Giratina and force 50-50s with Imprison, if you win the speed tie, then good for you, you've won. But if not...

If you haven't got any social life, here's a game for you
Well, starting from my last RMT, I'll be hiding Chanseys in all my RMTs, as a way to make them unique 'cause really nobody cares about finding Chansey :(. So, if you're really THAT bored, can you find
?

The final spoilers
Again, you team thief, skip this part and go directly for the importable.
The Other Metas Room jordanthejq12 Joshz michaeloche NOCturnal Hunter AnybodyAgrees thdhted Pikachuun dusk raimon
As always, I've missed somebody (probably) so PM me and I MIGHT add you

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Zen Headbutt
- Leech Seed

Diancie-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Power Gem
- King's Shield
- Leech Seed

Giratina @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dark Void
- Imprison
- Transform
- King's Shield

That's all!

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
Nice, Ty for the shoutout. One thing I'd reccomend is on diancie run mixed with head smash, as that gives more power than power gem even without investment. Apart from that great team, I have a similar team which peaked at 1633 on ladder xD

Why the hell was I tagged, I didn't help out at all with anything to do with HMons 1v1! I just find it way to offensive for my taste

That said, this looks solid in my honest opinion, and I can't improve it (mostly because I never played this metagame).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)