NOC Great Idea Mafia-Game Over! Mafia, vonFiedler, and More Cowbell win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i don't like the fact you're lying so much. both of your reasons could be resolved by simply being honest.
I'm not lying. I'm not sure what you want me to say. Post #47
I played dumb because Twilight Princess NOC was almost 1 year ago, and only 3 players in this game participated in that game (cowbell being host, celever was playing at somepoint, and lightwolf was also there). What didn't help was the DDOS attack that was going on at the time of the game, preventing the game from continuing. There was hardly a random voting stage in TP NOC, rather bandwagoning and lynch-voting the experienced players, like Lightwolf and Aura Guardian. If you notice in TP NOC, my first and second post I was running an antisocial witch hunt, and only when I centered my aim on one person did I lynch vote. The previous game I played in, PMD, there was not a random voting stage. Everyone just took a dump on talkinglion day 1. I am simply not accustomed to the random voting stage, because it hasn't happened in a game I was in. The most recent game I was in was heartless mafia by yeti. This game didn't have lynch votes, so it doesn't count for this. I honestly didn't understand the random lynching because I didn't study it up in different games or mafiascum, and I played dumb to..
A) Get someone to tell me why people were random voting so I didn't have to try to find out myself,
B) Make people think that I am a noob, making them slightly disregard my erratic posting habits,

I like Paperblade's answer too: mafia is hard
Tell me what the lies are so I may tell you that they are not lies.

um im not quite sure im getting what you mean Obbmud99

unlynch
lynch obbmud99
What I'm saying is that my I am not very careful when I post, so I do dumb things like accusing someone of not posting 5 minutes after they post.

I find it hard to believe that someone who played mafia could be unfamiliar with random voting. Even if you did, you could have take a more straight-forward approach to it. All thing considered, that first post made me feel uncomfortable.

I find it hard to believe that someone who played mafia could be unfamiliar with random voting. Even if you did, you could have take a more straight-forward approach to it. All thing considered, that first post made me feel uncomfortable.
I think obbmud's explanation as to why he didn't really get rvs was pretty ok, and it's correct, as far as I can judge. You shouldn't make people think you're a noob by playing dumb, though, you should just make the best posts you can and take pride in the fact that mafia want you dead because you're the best scumhunter in the game (or at least you should aspire to be :))

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Honestly a villager should indeed think about what he posts, sure they should care much less about the fact their opinion isn't popular, but appearing suspicious is something most villagers should avoid(unless they WANT to get lynched!(FOOOOOLS). There is also the fact people need to make sure what is common knowledge and what info they may know from their roles, though this goes more for the mafia nearly always. Either way Obbmud has been acting too defensive here, but at the same time it feels too much like he is just nervous and doesn't want to be witch hunted. So lets keep grilling him and see if he slips better!

Unvote
Vote Obbmud

Survival strats are a Newbie Thing, so the whole "I wanted people to think I'm a noob" thing means nothing. Eh, Obbmud's explanation was kind of roundabout (see sudden history run-through) and he didn't make his vote on me clear, but I don't think anything else is notable.

it feels too much like he is just nervous and doesn't want to be witch hunted
What makes you think this?

Keeping my vote on Dale.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Whether he is mafia or not, he clearly is afraid of being lynched, and quotes past experiences where things ended up being simple bandwagoning. No villager wants to get lynched, so it's hardly a tell if someone tries to make sure they aren't. Only really confident villagers in the first place don't care about the public opinion, because they believe their opinions to be correct from their POV, something which I love to do, and honestly am currently doing. Even villagers avoid making popular scum tells (buddying, bandwagoning, bringing up pointless WIFOMs, etc(all of which I already committed this game, would you look at that!)).

Also B_T, may I ask why you felt the need of mentioning that you are keeping your vote on the likes of DLL(that's the correct way to write his name sillies), who was your rand vote? Considering you pointed out that unvoting without voting is pointless, I'd think you'd realise that keeping your rand vote around is not really that different. I could just go ahead and assume it's due to the inactivity of DLL, considering that he hasn't posted since your vote, unless I'm blind, but it'd help if you gave a reason, especially since you don't seem to think Obbmud is suspicious enough to give it up.

You didn't really answer my question. Like, can you point to parts of his posts that made you go "hey, he's nervous in a scummy way" when you read them? (this is the basis for your vote, right?)

My vote wasn't a rand vote, I saw Dale lurking a few hours into the game and wanted to press him because he didn't RVS for whatever reason until Ullar's self-vote (so, granted, not that much stronger than a rand). It kind of gained importance now that he's avoided posting for 1.5 days, though, hence the mention.

LightWolf

lightwoof
You seem to be misunderstanding the intention of the quoted line, and taking it as a reason I presented in favour of my vote, which is the opposite. What I meant there was that the reason the bandwagon started was as bogus as the Ullar one(ergo they were perfect to get people to be more serious and start making serious posts to get more serious results, but hardly enough for a day ending bandwagon). The reason I stated for voting him was the line right before: "Either way Obbmud has been acting too defensive here". To which the nervousness line was the counterpoint, but as I said afterwards, it's still worth looking into.

As for the DLL point. As you said yourself, it might as well have been a rand vote, no need to sugarcoat it. And sure now it has importance in the form of DLL not posting ever since then(not replying to the accusation I can understand, not posting at all not so much, though I wonder how many have yet to post since their first randvote...), but you didn't give the vote importance there at all, you merely casually mention that you vote stays, when it's reasons have changed. Why did you find my voting reasons more worthy to bring up over your vote worthy DLL accusation becoming far more valid now. Why you'd keep your vote on someone against whom you did not wish to bring up new evidence while questioning someone else's motives instead who you don't find as vote worthy as DLL.

Celever

no longer hibernating
is a Community Contributor
Jesus Christ guys this is an extremely fast bandwagon. Like some others have said, Obbmud's logic isn't actually that bad. I mean, Cancerous when he said that "if you have played mafia before you should now about the RVS" -- actually, I was playing in the Twilight Princess mafia which was also Obbmud's first game and there was no RVS in it. People just ganged up on LightWolf and tas iirc. But anyway, as that was also my first game, in the next NOC I played (Mario Kart, I believe?), what you are doing to Obbmud was very similar to what happened to me in that game. I.E, I had no clue what the RVS was thanks to there not being one in the beginner game, and then people thought I was acting dumb and playing up without checking and I got under fire. Thankfully I survived the onslaught of Spiffy and co. (Spiffy sux btw) but it was actually the mafias who were pressuring me the hardest. Because, imo, there are quite a few connections between what happened to me when I was village in Mario kart and what is happening now with Obbmud, I'm going to Unlynch Obbmud (I didn't think I had him voted, but I do in the vote count. Whatever :p) for now.

I'm not getting huge vibes from anyone else, but Cancerous aimlessly bandwagoned on both Ullar and Obbmud, and he was spouting information without backing it up. I would lynch Cancerous right now, but he is the Town Innocent Child. Cancerous, as the Inno Child you must check your info. You are essential to the village so please put lots of thought into your posts and check over things. A little bit later on people might start relying on you (personally I don't like becoming entirely reliant on anyone, but still) so you honestly have lots of bargaining power. Please use it wisely.

In the meantime, however, I will Lynch Da Letter El because not only is he inactive like B_T said, he also jumped the gun with Ullar. While this is fairly minor and was obviously a troll post, it still can be noted that he really created a freshly made wagon which I usually consider a scumtell. And then he kind of died and hasn't posted since.

LightWolf

lightwoof
In the meantime, however, I will Lynch Da Letter El because not only is he inactive like B_T said, he also jumped the gun with Ullar. While this is fairly minor and was obviously a troll post, it still can be noted that he really created a freshly made wagon which I usually consider a scumtell. And then he kind of died and hasn't posted since.
Interesting you point out that DLL's vote and supporting B_T, when B_T's vote on DLL was no different. Both votes tried to pass off a pointless detail as a valid lynch target, and unlike DLL, B_T has admitted to his vote being serious. I mean look at DLL's post, it's as serious as me voting you Celever. I do not mind pressuring him into being active since extension day is upon us, but at least be reasonable in you accusations. Also aren't you falling into the exact same situation, second vote on what is 100% going to be the next bandwagon based, that sure sounds like what DLL did on the first page and what you called scumtell just now. You are contradicting yourself enough to honestly warrant a vote from me, but I still wish to pressure Obbmud for at least another post. That doesn't stop you from answering my concerns I hope!

anyway, I did dig up the old Twillight Princess NOC. It's true that the lynch happened back then was hardly random. But in the very first posts, there had been mention of RVS. Given that Obbmud99 were pretty attentive to posts. I reckon that both of you have seen the word. And given that Obbmud99 was new back then, it would make sense that he looked up the term somewhere or had asked somebody about it. I may over speculating this, tho. Awaiting inputs from other players on obbmud99 and daletterel.

Celever

no longer hibernating
is a Community Contributor
Interesting you point out that DLL's vote and supporting B_T, when B_T's vote on DLL was no different. Both votes tried to pass off a pointless detail as a valid lynch target, and unlike DLL, B_T has admitted to his vote being serious. I mean look at DLL's post, it's as serious as me voting you Celever. I do not mind pressuring him into being active since extension day is upon us, but at least be reasonable in you accusations. Also aren't you falling into the exact same situation, second vote on what is 100% going to be the next bandwagon based, that sure sounds like what DLL did on the first page and what you called scumtell just now. You are contradicting yourself enough to honestly warrant a vote from me, but I still wish to pressure Obbmud for at least another post. That doesn't stop you from answering my concerns I hope!
Celever 1 Paragraph Above said:
I'm not getting huge vibes from anyone else
I tried to make it apparent in my post that I'm not seriously considering DLL (which sounds better imo) for a lynch, but because of the circumstances of a rather average day 1 I decided to go with the only semi-kinda-half-lead we had, and it turns out that B_T had also voted for him. Honestly I didn't make a connection between what I was doing and what DLL did because I did this lynch semi-seriously, but not really. I don't know, but I feel like you're looking into this a little bit too much for now. Honestly my entire logic for voting anyone was because a few posts above B_T was talking about how unvoting and not revoting is a scum tell now or something. Seriously, I wasn't trying to advocate a lynch or anything, I was just trying to stay alive as any villager would.

Cancerous I for one didn't look up RVS and I can't remember ever seeing that. Actually I just checked, it was mentioned once in the first 5 pages and I kinda doubt it will be mentioned past there too much so... yeah I think you're also over speculating to be honest.

Vote Count+Deadline Review!
Day 1, Vote Count 4
(Majority is 8 votes)

Ace Emerald (0):
Blue_Tornado (1): Obbmud99
Cancerous (0):
Celever (0): LightWolf
Da Letter El (3): Felony Blue_Tornado Celever
Empoof (0): Celever
Felony (2): Memoric
LightWolf (1): Empoof
Memoric (0):
More Cowbell (0): Obbmud99
Obbmud99 (4): More Cowbell Celever Walrein starwarsfan LightWolf
Paperblade (1): Walrein starwarsfan
starwarsfan (1): Obbmud99 Walrein UllarWarlord
UllarWarlord (3): UllarWarlord Ace Emerald Da Letter El Cancerous starwarsfan
Walrein (1): Paperblade Blue_Tornado

Not Voting: none

Host Mistake Tally since most recent Deadline Review: 1
Overall: 1

Deadline Review!

The following players have not posted since the last vote count:

Ace Emerald Da Letter El Felony Memoric UllarWarlord

tbh this is really disappointing. I know it's RVS and everything and there was a host error to start off the game, but I think a full third of the game not posting since the previous VC is taking it a little far. I did promise that I would take hosting errors into account when doing these reviews, so there's that to consider.

I have decided to grant a 72 hour extension as given in Rule 3 because all players except starwarsfan posted in the first count and because I made a host error. However, because a full third of the village did not post and got a free ride, I am also ruling out any more extensions for the present day period. You will be able to earn extensions as normal again starting on Day 2.

Next time a third of the village fails to post I'm not giving out an extension unless I literally accidentally copypasted all the previous night's actions into the thread.

Next Vote Count: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 29th (~24 hours away).
Deadline: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on May 2nd (~96 hours away).

Carry on.

Last edited:

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was typing a post as SS posted >:( I think honestly think we should switch our focus from Obbmud99 for the moment. With the info Cancerous posted, I don't know if his newbie facade is necessarily worthy of a scum hunt. He should be kept under watch, but imo we dont need 4 votes on him.

Celever you, along with More Cowbell, were one of the first to cast any sort of suspicion on Obbmud99, a suspicion which has really narrowed in focus untill Obbmud99 has become the biggest talk of conversation. While I won't make any accusations, the focus on Obbmud99 on rather vague reasons ("I heard he was good") is a little scummy. I won't make a vote yet, but I'll remove my random one on ullar for the moment.
unvote

IMO the point of RVS is getting people to talk, and with obbmud playing noobtown, I just went for that vote at that moment. I never really expected so many people to vote along, but my vote did what I wanted it to do; it got obbmud (and others) to talk, so there's that. I obviously don't know if obbmud is actually mafia and his reasoning since his first posts has been decent, so I'm going to unvote for now.

Since we have over three days left until the actual lynch and votes are gonna change anyways, I'm gonna vote Felony since we have heard exactly nothing from him since his first random vote, and hopefully this will draw some attention his way. Felony, any thoughts on the game so far?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Sorry, life and whatnot.

I honestly dont' know where to go...NOC is hard for me, seeing as I can't 'follow the leader' as is my wont.

I honestly think I will unvote and see where this goes. Understand I want to help the village - I just don't want to set any false trails through my idiocy.

Sorry just got home from school.

Jesus Christ guys this is an extremely fast bandwagon. Like some others have said, Obbmud's logic isn't actually that bad. I mean, Cancerous when he said that "if you have played mafia before you should now about the RVS" -- actually, I was playing in the Twilight Princess mafia which was also Obbmud's first game and there was no RVS in it. People just ganged up on LightWolf and tas iirc. But anyway, as that was also my first game, in the next NOC I played (Mario Kart, I believe?), what you are doing to Obbmud was very similar to what happened to me in that game. I.E, I had no clue what the RVS was thanks to there not being one in the beginner game, and then people thought I was acting dumb and playing up without checking and I got under fire. Thankfully I survived the onslaught of Spiffy and co. (Spiffy sux btw) but it was actually the mafias who were pressuring me the hardest. Because, imo, there are quite a few connections between what happened to me when I was village in Mario kart and what is happening now with Obbmud, I'm going to Unlynch Obbmud (I didn't think I had him voted, but I do in the vote count. Whatever :p) for now.

I'm not getting huge vibes from anyone else, but Cancerous aimlessly bandwagoned on both Ullar and Obbmud, and he was spouting information without backing it up. I would lynch Cancerous right now, but he is the Town Innocent Child. Cancerous, as the Inno Child you must check your info. You are essential to the village so please put lots of thought into your posts and check over things. A little bit later on people might start relying on you (personally I don't like becoming entirely reliant on anyone, but still) so you honestly have lots of bargaining power. Please use it wisely.

Why are you getting so defensive? You are very cagey and defensive just because you are trying to look like you are participating and calling out others that are not doing so. Instead of explaining how Obbmud's logic wasn't bad, you just simply drop it instead of digging deeper. Rather than going "I like B_T; what he said, lynch DLL", you went on a very detailed explanation as to why B_T was correct, one totally unneeded/unwarranted by the circumstances. Next, the case boils down to "this person jokevoted and then disappeared for 36 hours"; seeing someone show up on "Who's Online" and not posting in the thread is not generally considered grounds for a lynch in my opinion. That's a pretty weak case. Good enough for D1, I guess, but not one you spend an entire paragraph *of someone else's words* on. Finally, B_T's vote on DLL was timed and scoped specifically for pressure. While it's developed into a serious vote, that's not why it was originally made, so for you to pass it off as a serious vote is dumb. You voted DLL for what? You borrowed what you thought was B_T "serious" lynch to do so instead of coming up with your own.

LightWolf seems to be playing things really aggressively. Obviously I don't think that that means he's definitely scum, but tearing people to shreds for daring to contribute is not a good way to keep people posting.

Walrein is playing weird right now. For a experienced player, a lack of quality posts as of now surprises me, I would definitely like to hear more from him.

LightWolf

lightwoof
An actual villager shouldn't have any reason to be afraid of my aggressiveness, and it's not like I put any votes out on those I have directed attention at, also every single one of them made decent length posts addressing my points, so you can hardly say I'm deterring them from talking, mafia maybe, but that just puts them in a bad spot!

Also Ullar no, bad Ullar, screw idiocy mask, read through the thread and put out your damn thoughts, who cares if they are flawed, if you aren't mafia you shouldn't sit around doing anything because even if you manage to say nothing correct, your opinions still can get reactions out of others. Nothing is worse than someone who did little dying, because we gain nothing. I'm not talking about "Oh the dead guy suspected him and her, they must be the killers!" I'm talking of the fact the only solid info we will get is someone being cleaned on death, at that second everything you said becomes what you honestly believed in rather than a possible farce. So yeah post some damn opinions or I'm gonna do unspeakable things in WotR(it involves charging and a lance)

I would like to hear what starwarsfan has to say. In his moderate amount of posts he has said very little. Two of his votes have been bandwagon votes without much explanation. When he joined the Ullar bandwagon, he claimed that he didn't know anything was going on, but he had smogon activity at 8:11 PM on Saturday, and I believe that role PMs were sent out between 2:35 PM to 3:15 PM. He must have seen the PM at some point at 8:11. Why would he not even consider to look for a thread until 11:21 PM the next day. His second vote was a random vote after being told he was band wagon-ing. Why would you post without even considering posts that had occurred. To post, you would have to scoll past people's lynch votes to do so. His third post had this phrase in it.
um im not quite sure im getting what you mean Obbmud99

unlynch
lynch obbmud99
This is a excuse to jump on the bandwagon against me. You have no question of your own. You have no agreement with other people's points. You don't even attempt to point out any confusion you see in my post. You just tell us that you are confused, and lynch. To me this seems like a band wagon. Are you ready to go to Oregon?
Unlynch
Lynch starwarsfan

obbmud99 said:
he claimed that he didn't know anything was going on, but he had smogon activity at 8:11 PM on Saturday, and I believe that role PMs were sent out between 2:35 PM to 3:15 PM.
??? How do role PMs have anything to do with my lack of attentiveness, which i fully admit to?
You don't even attempt to point out any confusion you see in my post.
your post was literally 2 lines long I don't think I need to point out a specific part of that.

My vote stays on you.

??? How do role PMs have anything to do with my lack of attentiveness, which i fully admit to?your post was literally 2 lines long I don't think I need to point out a specific part of that.

My vote stays on you.
Could you clarify what you meant when you said "i forgot to watch this thread so i thought nothing was going on :/"? I interpreted it as you saying that you forgot to click the watch thread button at the top of the screen before closing the window. If you had received the role PM around 8:11 PM on Saturday, you would have looked for the game, and see that it has started. There would have been 13 posts by players at this point, mostly voting RVS. There you would conclude that the game has started, so you could participate. I would understand if you thought the game was delayed after the role PM was sent out, waiting for an certain time for the game to start.

My two line post (post 49) was an small explanation to walrein about my comment in the post before that (post 47), when he asked...
Why does this matter? If you're village, there should be no reason to attempt to conceal your posting habits from anyone, because you should have nothing to hide.

Unvote
Lynch Obbmud99

I'm gonna need some more explanation.
My "explaination" was showcasing an erratic posting mistake which had already been interpreted as suspicious behavior.
Unlynch Empoof
Lynch Obbmud99

His indecisiveness with his voting is obviously a sign of mafia!!!
Obviously it is probably trolling, but no post lacks any meaning.

You still haven't answer about how you hopped on the Ullar wagon without reading in one's posting. I understand random voting for one vote. I understand random voting for two votes. You added the fourth vote to the Ullar wagon, and instantly backed down from the wagon once Walrein pointed out that you had hopped on the wagon. Two of your votes in this game have been bandwagon votes, and a snowballed bandwagon is the easiest way to off a villager on day 1.
You also haven't contributed much to the conversation, and I would like to see who you think is mafia (other than me of course). My pressure is really asking one simple question: Why do you seemed to have a tendency to vote for both of the wagons that have passed so far?

My vote stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)