Generic Team is Generic

When in doubt, Generic it out!

6th gen is here! And we already have super popular OU poke's flooding the Meta game.

Since the start of this gen I've been using all sorts of weird sets just to try things out.

I've had my fun and now its time to get serious! At first I wanted to go with a pure sandstorm team but some of the poke's/moves I wanted to use won't be around until Post Pokebank.........
SO I GOTTA GO GENERIC!

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

Sand Stream | Sassy
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
IV's 31/31/31/31/31/x
Stealth Rocks
Fire Blast
Pursuit
Rock Slide

Sassy > Careful so I can use Fire Blast. Leftovers > Assualt Vest for Stealth Rocks and some form of recovery. This is my lead with some anti-lead qualities. Straight to Stealth Rocks if I I can wall their lead no sweat. Fire Blast for the likes of Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory leads. Pursuit against predicted switches of frail pokes, if bulky then just laying down some Stealth Rocks. Rock Slide for STAB and breaking subs. After Stealth Rocks his purpose is to wall Swords Dance Talonflame which is everywhere but can also stop special threats like Goodra, Jolteon, and Noverin in their tracks. Despite being a pain for a Talonflame, Talonflame as a teammate has no problem taking out fighting pokemon that are the bane of Tyranitar's existence.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Mold Breaker | Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
Rapid Spin
Shadow Claw
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Mold Breaker > Sand Rush cause of lacking Smooth Rock on Tyranitar (which is still shakey with it) and hitting annoying Levitate pokes. The lack of Swords Dance makes Life Orb almost needed. Either way offensive Rapid Spinners are cool yo. Shadow Claw is for those pesky ghost anti-spinners that think they can switch in for free and possibly attempt to burn this cool guy. Rock Slide for Flying types that think they're too high in da sky for this guy, BUT AIN'T. Then the sweet STAB of Earthquake to finish off the set. The entire team appreciates the removal of hazards (particularly SR for Talonflame and Sticky Web for Kangaskhan and Aegislash), especially one that can switch in to absorb Toxic Spikes.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Gale Wings | Adamant
192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 Spe
IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
Will-O-Wisp
U-Turn
Flare Blitz
Brave Bird

Choice Band so he's more of a Revenge Killer than sweeper like Swords Dance/Bulk Up Talonflame. Will-O-Wisp is for crippling pokes like Tyranitar that like to switch in. Priority Brave Bird everything that isn't Rock/Steel/Electric, Flare Blitz is fast enough to hit all the Steel/Electric threats, U-Turn for momentum. Eats up fighting types (which is a godsend since I have 3 pokes weak to fighting, Tyranitar being 4x) and is a good switch in on Volcanora. Talonflame is a good switch in on strong Grass attacks aimed a rotom because of that 4x resistance. Excadrill is a good defensive partner to rid of Stealth Rocks and resisting Rock/Steel and immunity to Electric attacks.

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Levitate | Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
IV's 31/x/31/31/31/31
Will-O-Wisp
Rest
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump

Gotta love one the the best defensive pivots in OU. Will-O-Wisp is for crippling pokes like Azumarill, Excadrill, Garchomp, and Ferrothorn on the switch. Rest for one chance of recovery with Chesto Berry, or a possible Toxic/Burn absorber. Volt Switch for momentum, and Hydro Pump for staby STAB (missing sucks tho). Overall takes care of bulky Water types (Talonflame hates Azumarill) and destroys all Talonflames.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Scrappy -> Parental Bond | Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
Power-Up Punch
Earthquake
Sucker Punch
Return

Probably one of the best Mega Sweepers, this Mother and Child pair will murder a team if they are not prepared. Power-UP bunch for a Swords Dance boost that deals some damage. Earthquake for coverage and counter Aegislashes with King Sheild. Sucker Punch against faster foes, and Return for Mega STAB. Since I lack Crunch to deal with Ghosts after the Mega Evolution, they need to be taken out before I attempt a sweep (Tyranitar being a great Factor).

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Stance Change | Rash
88 Atk / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
IV's even/31/30/31/31/31
Autotomize
Hidden Power Ice
Iron Head
Shadow Ball

Wait its Mixed? WAIT ITS USING AUTOTOMIZE?!? I finish off this team by using a generic Pokemon with a non-generic set. This Aegislash acts as a late game sweeper. Throwing all my cards on Kangaskhan doesn't always work, but usually it weakens the opponent's team enough so Aegislash can get the sloppy seconds. After 1 Autotomize it can outspeed up to the 130 tier. Shadow Ball nearly everything for massive damage, otherwise Iron Head for Chansey/Blissey, Florges, Sylveon, Togekiss, and Tyranitar. Hidden Power Ice finishes off Diggersby, Dragonite, Garchomp, Gliscor, and Zygarde. The surprise factor of this set is truly amazing in practice.

Tested a bit on Showdown, need some feedback before I go balls to the wall in breeding.

ALL CRITICISM IS GOOD. CALL ME GOD AMONG MEN OR RETARDED AS HELL I DON'T CARE.
ANY FEEDBACK IS GOOD FEEDBACK.

Last edited:
Just saying, I think you should replace iron head with sacred sword, the reason for this is that ghost type move plus fighting type move equals almost perfect type coverage. You want to be very carefull about kepping the talonflame alive because fighting types run through this team like a knife through hot butter espicially terrakion (but that isn't relevant yet). So just putting that out there you might want to change exca but at the same time he is so good, so its your choice to change something if anything.
Good luck.

So, just a few suggestions I have. I agree with the above poster in Sacred Sword over Iron Head. However, if you have that much a problem with Fairies, then just keep it as is, it's still very viable.

Another thing I would like to suggest is perhaps Defog Scizor over Excadrill. Defog is a much easier mode of removing rocks, and Tyranitar tends to last a while so you can easily refresh your batch of rocks. Scizor also provides a lure for Talonflame, which you can use to your advantage to move back to Tar and refresh your rocks with ease. Other things Scizor does with your team that Excadrill cannot, besides be more reliable in removing rocks, is give you momentum with U-turn, something your Rotom-w appreciates, as well as Kangaskhan and Talonflame, and it also provides great synergy with said Rotom-w. (Wait, this isn't Pokebank, is it...?)

If this isn't a Pokebank team, ignore that last paragraph. Feeding off of the point the last poster created, I do agree in replacing Excadrill. This is why I mentioned Scizor; however his Defog is not released yet. So perhaps a new mon, who isn't so prone to Fighting-type attacks, while being able to Spin or Defog would work. The only relevant Defogger who supports this role is Crobat, as for Rapid Spinners we have Starmie and Tentacruel. Of the 3, I'd actually vouch for Crobat, though he's not exactly "Generic." Crobat isn't weak to ground, like a good portion of your current team, resists fighting, and provides pretty good synergy with the rest of your team. Crobat also has U-turn and Taunt, which are quite useful, as well as a mean for Recovery in Roost.

Last edited:
Reactions: tcr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)