Generic Team is Generic 2.1 (Now with many wifi videos)

I'm back with my some changes with my originally planned team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/generic-team-is-generic.3493690/

Posted this earlier (as 2.0) but no one gave a comment after 24 hours. So I reposted with some changes and added wifi videos. Wifi videos are at the bottom of the OP.

I've added the Pokebank prefix more for seeing how I fare with the entire metagame than using Pokebank pokes, as I play more wifi than simulator (sims more for testing the waters of a team for me).

All these pokes have already been breed and trained in-game, but of course still got good parents to breed any changes.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

Sand Stream | Sassy
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
IV's 31/31/31/31/31/x
Stealth Rocks
Fire Blast
Rock Slide
Crunch

Sassy > Careful for a usable Fire Blast and Leftovers > Assualt Vest for Stealth Rocks plus some form of recovery. This is nearly always my lead. Straight to Stealth Rocks if I I can wall their lead no sweat. Fire Blast, even tho it likes to miss at key moments, are for the likes of Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory leads. Rock Slide and Crunch are a good STAB combo, only being resisted by Fighting types. I prefer Crunch, as most peeps I've run into on Wifi think it carries Pursuit and stay in anyways leading to less damage than Crunch would, plus defense drops are sexy. After Stealth Rocks is up, or I've roasted any steel leads, his purpose is to stop special attackers, and provide support against Fire and Electric types that try and take down Skarmory.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Sturdy | Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
Whirlwind
Spikes
Roost
Brave Bird

The defensive tank of all defensive tanks in OU. Again because of this being made for wifi, don't expect me to use a Defog set (even tho it is superior so I could drop my Rapid Spinner for another poke). Using Rocky Helmet cause I've yet to trade for another Leftovers (but with Pokebank out soon I can use my lv 100 Pickup pokes). Regardless I might keep it cause of when combined with Sandstorm + Hazards + Orb users the damage racks up quite quickly. You might be thinking that Spikes are not worth it with Defog around, but Defog and Rapid Spin users are rare on Wifi (yes even on competent teams). In the end Skarmory combos well with Tyranitar, each taking care of each others threats. Skarmory is immune to Ground, 4x resists Grass and Bug, and takes physical Fighting / Water attacks neutrally that are all aimed at Tyranitar. Tyranitar then resists Fire and takes special Electric attacks neutrally.

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Levitate | Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
IV's 31/31/31/31/31/31
Will-O-Wisp
Rest
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump

My first perfect IV poke, tho not like it matters for Rotom-W ;p. Your standard defensive pivot Rotom-W. Will-O-Wisp for crippling physical attackers or just to rack up damage against other bulky pokes that can take his either of his STAB. Rest+Chesto for one chance of recovery with Chesto Berry, or a possible Toxic/Burn absorber once the usual threats it walls are taken care of. Volt Switch for momentum, works well along side Talonflame's U-Turn. This is my usual answer for to the ever present Talonflame (as Skarmory doesn't like Flare Blitz or burns, and Tyranitar dislikes burns / U-Turn / Steel Wing). Also takes care of most bulky water pokes that run around everywhere in OU. He adores Skarmory as a partner to take care of his weakness of grass, which Skarmory is 4x resist to, and Mold Breaker EQ's, which Skarmory then flies over.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Mold Breaker | Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
Rapid Spin
Shadow Claw
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Mold Breaker > Sand Rush cause of lacking Smooth Rock on Tyranitar (which is still shakey with it) and hitting annoying Levitate pokes. His job is to rid of hazards instead of sweep. Because of this I forgo Swords Dance for Shadow Claw to take on the most common spinblockers in my experience on wifi, Trevenant and Gourgeist, who resist Earthquake. Rock Slide is used over Iron Head for better coverage despite its accuracy/STAB loss. The lack of Swords Dance + Adamant makes Life Orb needed. He absorbs electric attacks aimed on Gyarados and Skarmory, and has 4x resistance to Rock type moves aimed at Talonflame.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Moxie > Mold Breaker | Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
Dragon Dance
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Waterfall

Bulky is king this gen, and Mega Gyarados with 95/109/130 stas is one bulky mother hubber. While Intimidate makes it easier to set up Dragon Dances, Moxie let's you get more attack boosts for free if you wait to Mega evolve. I'm going to breed another with Intimidate to see how it compares, but for now I'll continue testing Moxie. Ice Fang > Stone Edge for better coverage/accuracy than damage. Its also my answer to bulky grass types like Mega Venusaur and Celebi who wall Mega Gyarados sets that lack it. He rarely comes in until most threats are gone, or weakened enough to take out and either get a Moxie boost or crippled enough to safely switch in and set-up with Mega/Dragon Dance. He's weak to Choice Scarf U-Turners (stares at Genesect with all my hate) and Mach Punch users. Both can be taken care of via Talonflame tho.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Gale Wings | Adamant
46 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
IV's 31/31/31/x/31/31
Will-O-Wisp
U-Turn
Flare Blitz
Brave Bird

Choice Band so he's more of a Revenge Killer than sweeper like Swords Dance/Bulk Up Talonflame. The 212 speed EV's allow me to outspeed Jolly Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack (at lv 50, 208 outspeeds at lv 100). Will-O-Wisp is for crippling common switch ins like Tyranitar. Priority Brave Bird everything that isn't Rock/Steel/Electric, Flare Blitz is fast enough to hit all the Steel/Electric threats minus things like Jolteon, U-Turn for momentum. Eats up fighting types (which is a godsend since I have 3 pokes weak to fighting, Tyranitar being 4x) and is a great switch in on Volcanora trying to set up (as Tyranitar doesn't want a boosted Bug Buzz to the face). Excadrill is a good defensive partner to rid of Stealth Rocks, resisting + ridding of Rock types, and its immunity to Electric attacks.

Wifi Battles

I'd upload more vids if most weren't forfeits (even against good teams) or joke teams. Might add more as they come tho.

Generic vs. Many Ubers
B5WG-WWWW-WWW4-X55F

-Ok so this was my first battle with anyone on wifi with this team...
-My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw team preview.
-I misclicked on Thundrus-T, was going to switch out to Rotom-W, should have switched to Excadrill in the first place. But it did allow me to see the Dark Pulse damage to Rotom-W and I guessed it was Modest. Luckily my gamble was correct and I out speed with my Excadrill (at lv 50 Modest Thundurus is 153 speed, Jolly Excadrill is 154).
-Arceus was my biggest fear. After Kyreum-W lived my EQ, I went for Ice Fang in the odd chance he switched and it turned out to be Sky Plate Arceus. My god......

Generic vs. 1/2 Ubers
Y6EG-WWWW-WWW4-X9A6

-Should have expected Fire Blast if he was using Solarbeam....
-Expected the Genesect to have a Choice Scarf, lucky I was wrong.
-Mega Gyarados almost got a full sweep, why must almost everyone forfeit.......
-Apparently this guy is with this website: http://www.nweclan.de (was in his passersby message)

Generic vs. Mega Gengar
9MAW-WWWW-WWW4-X6Y2

-Here I tried to see how I could counter Smeargle leads. Sadly, Sand Storm breaking the Sash + Chesto Berry awakening + Hydro Pump isn't enough. Actually, I later found out Jolly Smeargle outspeeds uninvested Rotom-W anyhow. Need to figure how to counter these.
-Odd Blissey he has there. Still I shouldn't have switched into Skarmory as they can have Flamethrower as well.
-Rocky Helmet shines here.

Generic vs. Mega Gardevoir + Blazkein
J6XW-WWWW-WWW4-2VT4

-Mega Gyarados did quite well, too bad Sand Storm ended his sweep, smart move on his part.
-Some stall wars with Vaporeon in the end here.
-I expected Spore on his Breloom, surprised to see not.

Generic vs. Sceptile + Dragonite
HAVG-WWWW-WWW4-X5KC

-I totally didn't know what Sceptile would be carrying and nearly lost because of it (I was tempted to look it upo but I urge myself to learn by mistakes). Made so many mistakes anyhow and hate myself even thinking about how I handled him.
-Becomes very stall wars-ish at the end, but Skarmory saves the day. Luckily that Dragonite lacked Fire Punch.

Generic vs. Defog
JSQW-WWWW-WWW4-X5Y4

-This is actually my first time running into anyone who runs Defog. But I should have caught on, especially since the Father of my Skarmory was also a Braviary that knew Defog.
-This is how most my battles end tho, with a forfeit early/mid match..... : /

Generic vs. No Mega
M9LG-WWWW-WWW4-2WFP

-Odd decisions with this guy, staying in on my Excadrill with his Tyranitar was his biggest.
-Also I don't think his Excadrill had Rapid Spin, and he didn't expect mine did either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Wifi Battles

These are an old string of videos I have that I used when I had only half my team made (Tyranitar, Rotom-W, and Talonflame), but I really wanted to test them out. The Greninja + Diggesby (Jolly) are both properly IV breed but the Mega Venusuar (Max Defense) wasn't but still did a great job with just the right nature + EV's. These are here to further let you see how my thought process works, as well as to see how my 3 poke still on my team today fared with other teammates.

Generic 0.5 vs. Mega Kangaskhan
P3GW-WWWW-WWW3-UFSG

Generic 0.5 vs. Mega Alakazam
925W-WWWW-WWW4-X6QK

Generic 0.5 vs. Friend (Mega Aggron)
XVSW-WWWW-WWW3-UFSN

-This guy is a friend of mine on VGChartz that was actually #1 on 3v3 in the US for a bit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)