GarbleFlarble, a mixed Stall and Setup team.

Hardcore lurker here, but even us lurkers need help sometime. I wouldn't call myself well versed in the finer parts of competitive battling. I just enjoy a few matches every few days to quench that thirst for strategy and battle. My internet is complete garbage so I will not have pictures for these Pokemon for a while. If there is enough activity for this, I may come back and spruce it up so it appears a little aesthetically pleasing. Anyway, onto the team.

Quick Rundown: Scolipede, Conkledurr, Milotic, Aegislash, Thundurus-T, Charizard (Mega-X)

Scolipede (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Pretty straightforward here. If you see a Scolipede some variation of this set is practically guaranteed. I don't always lead with this bug, but if I feel like I safely can, I will. Basic plan is to pass Attack and Speed boost's to Conkledurr or Charizard mainly. The only thing that really doesn't benefit as much as everyone else from a pass from this guy is Thundurus, as he's pretty special, but he still likes the speed. I actually got this set from welsknight's Boosted B@st@ards thread, so all credit for it there, it does work much better than the Jolly/Adamant set with Megahorn I was running, I mean, so much more is weaker to Earthquake and the defense lets him take a few hits, and a few hits translate into a couple of boosts with decent prediction. My entire gameplay does not revolve around this guy, but if I feel like I can effectively setup and pass to a sweeper, I will. And typically, I get a few rage quits.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 116 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

This guy is downright dirty if he gets a +4 Attack from Scolipede, even a +2 tears through a good bit of the opposition. Ice Punch and Thunder Punch give coverage, Thunder Punch for Talonflame mainly. Ice Punch for Dragons and ghosts I can't hit with Drain Punch, which is a very deadly move when it is backed by the aforementioned boosts. There isn't really much I can say, he is a pretty simple Pokemon to understand. I decided on the Assualt Vest because it makes Conkledurr a decent Defensive wall and it can take a Special hit or two depending on situations.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Dragon Tail

Alright, RestTalk Milotic. I've always been a fan of this. With the changes to the sleep mechanics, she became much funner for me to use. Milotic would even enjoy the attack boost and speed boosts from Scolipede, due to Dragon Tail. I typically use Scald first, take a hit, rest it off and sleep talk.
I may lead off with Dragon Tail if I feel that the opponent is about to setup, and the best thing about this is that if the opponent uses an Aegislash as well, Milotic's attack stat is irrelvant, its the secondary effect that get them, because most run a Swords Dance and nobody likes having their setup broken. I apologize if I ever battled you and you ended up on my Milotic, the boost from Marvel Scale really makes her hard to knock out, and being on a team with an Aegislash should be illegal.

Aegislash (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spd
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

You know this. It does this. I happen to get my jollies playing mind games, and it is an effective Pokemon as well. I send this sword out, and play a prediction game with the opponent. I choose Air Balloon to guarantee that if the opposing Pokemon has Earthquake, it won't hit me before I get at least one Swords Dance off. I've stalled out against other Aegislash's with this one, but I've found that most of the time, I can outpredict other Aegislash user's. Shadow Sneak for the priority, and Sacred Sword to hit some other Mon's hard.

Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Who cares about Volt Switch? I don't, that's who. He has great synergy with Milotic. Gonna get a super effective move off on her? Nope. Thundurus-T also works as a great mid game to late game sweeper for me, I've never really went into a battle planning on winning it with this guy, but I've found that in battles I do not do so well in, Thundurus-T typically turns it around for me. If I get a Nasty Plot in, I can wreak the opposing team, usually, or at least gain enough momentum to turn the battle around in my favor. I owe a lot of turnaround victories to this fella.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
- Flare Blitz
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch

Mega Charizard X is just beast, STAB + Tough Claws (+ a possible boost from Scolipede, have I mentioned I love the options of having a decent pool of Poke's to choose from to attempt a sweep with yet? Cuz I do) equals a lot of damage. I'm no mathematician so I don't have calculations, but I know this wrecks a lot of what is popular right now. Crunch for Ghosts, Dragon Claw for STAB and Dragons, Fire Punch for the obligatory Fire STAB, and Flare Blitz for when I feel I really need the extra "Oomph". All in all, this is one of my favorite Mega's so far, but I am considering replacing this guy. I'm just not sure with what.

Closing Remarks: I love having option of what to pass the boosts that Scolipede can accumulate, and playing a few mind games with that and Aegislash. I've had people forfeit against Milotic and Aegislash. I don't feel bad for using them, I enjoy using them and I enjoy the Speed Boost Baton Pass strategy that has been around since Ninjask. It's really Charizard that I see possibly losing a place, as typically I barely use him and possibly Thundurus-T. I've found that Milotic works as a good Aegislash check, with Dragontail forcing them out and preventing a sweep. It's saved my team several times. Any advice is welcome, any criticism is also welcome, I'll take it all equally. I'd like to be better, but I won't stray from the ways I enjoy battling. You may have noticed my lack of entry hazards, I simply don't like using them myself, so I don't. I don't hate them, and I don't hate other players for using them. That's just the way they enjoy playing and this is the way I enjoy playing. Back on topic; I'd be hard pressed to get rid of Scolipede, Milotic, and Conkledurr. I've often won matches using just two or all three of them. Well, that's all I got. Maybe I'll dig up pretty pictures later.

http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/normal/scolipede.png
http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/normal/conkeldurr.png
http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/normal/milotic.png
http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/x-y/normal/aegislash.jpg
http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white-2/normal/thundurus-therian.png
http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/normal/charizard.png

There's your links for each sprite, just copy-paste em and throw image tags on each side =)

Overall, I like this team a lot. It's VERY similar in strategy to my team (link in my signature if you want). Did you steal my Scolipede lol?

Rotom-W does throw some roadblocks at you with its exceptional physical defense and ability to burn with Will-O-Wisp. Charizard also doesn't like Hydro Pump very much. Other issues I could foresee would be defensive Gliscor, Malamar (GODDAMN TOPSY-TURVY), and anything with Prankster Taunt.

Actually, yes. That is based on your Scolipede welsknight, I do believe I mentioned that in the first post. I was running a jolly Scolipede with Megahorn and it really felt like I couldn't achieve much with it aside from passing some boosts, then whilst lurking I read your RMT, I saw some pretty solid Scolipede gold. Would you recommend replacing Charizard? I used to use Garchomp, and even without Sand MegaGarchomp is frightening but I felt like I just wasn't using him to the best of his ability. And yeah, I've had some trouble with Rotom-W, but really only if I can't find a good time to switch to Thundurus or nobody has any boosts on them. If Thundurus is already gone, Milotic is good for a little wear and tear on the opposing team, and a dragon tail helps let me get back in control when I play against a Rotom-W. I haven't run into a single Gliscor or Malamar playing random battles on PO. So I'm not sure what I would do in that case. Probably try to stall it out with Milotic or Aegislash, when I don't know what to do that's usually the best strategy. Doesn't win the match for me, but gives me time to come up with something.

Is there anything you would recommend replacing, welsknight?

Actually, yes. That is based on your Scolipede welsknight, I do believe I mentioned that in the first post. I was running a jolly Scolipede with Megahorn and it really felt like I couldn't achieve much with it aside from passing some boosts, then whilst lurking I read your RMT, I saw some pretty solid Scolipede gold. Would you recommend replacing Charizard? I used to use Garchomp, and even without Sand MegaGarchomp is frightening but I felt like I just wasn't using him to the best of his ability. And yeah, I've had some trouble with Rotom-W, but really only if I can't find a good time to switch to Thundurus or nobody has any boosts on them. If Thundurus is already gone, Milotic is good for a little wear and tear on the opposing team, and a dragon tail helps let me get back in control when I play against a Rotom-W. I haven't run into a single Gliscor or Malamar playing random battles on PO. So I'm not sure what I would do in that case. Probably try to stall it out with Milotic or Aegislash, when I don't know what to do that's usually the best strategy. Doesn't win the match for me, but gives me time to come up with something.

Is there anything you would recommend replacing, welsknight?
If you haven't run into any Gliscors or Malamars, you're getting a lot luckier than I am. It seems like everyone I play has a damn Gliscor lol. Thanks for the shout-out in the OP, by the way, I must have missed it since that's one of the descriptions I skimmed (since I'm pretty familiar with its use lol). One other thing I noticed; be aware that Dragon Tail on Milotic does NOT benefit from Scolipede's speed boosts, as it is a -6 priority move. It does, however, let you kick Malamar (and anything else building up on you) out though, so I'd probably keep it on there.

As for changes, let's see...

Charizard is good, but doesn't cover team weaknesses as much as I'd like (both in typing and damage output). I'd recommend a Mega-Kangaskhan or Weakness Policy Dragonite, but then you might as well just play using my team lol.

So, here's what I'd recommend:

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

This does a few things for you:
1) It gives you some form of Hazard Removal, as your team is fairly vulnerable to Stealth Rock right now with 3 members taking super effective damage from it (Scolipede, Landorus-T, and Charizard).
2) It gives you a second Special Attacker, as Landorus-T is currently your only one.
3) It does not significantly increase your team's type weaknesses to any one type (overall gives you better resistances than Charizard).

This Blastoise does NOT benefit from attack bonuses Scolipede might pass after Sword's Dance, but certainly enjoys the speed boosts as he's bulky but slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)