• Cersei Lannister

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramsay Bolton

• Olly

• Walder Frey

• Man there area lot of assholes in this show...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I've finally gotten into game of thrones after my brother introduced me to it last month, and have been loving it. I just finished season 5, and am currently curious on a few things:

1. Is Daenerys Targaryen going mad?

I feel that the way she remorselessly BBQd an innocent man (there was no evidence that he was tied with the Sons of Harpy) for her dragons showcases a deterioration of her moral values. Furthermore, insanity is in her family's bloodline (due to incest), as evident by her father and brother. Thus, while I feel that she is still sane, her recent actions are concerning in that they mirror the cruelty of her insane father.

2. Why did Sandor Clegane (the hound) go out of his way to protect Sansa from being raped in the cowpie riot scene? And by extension, why does he seem eager to protect Arya Stark (and Sansa)? Is he deep down a compassionate man in an uncompassionate world?

I feel that both Sansa and Arya (especially Sansa) represent everything that the hound is not -- innocence, naivety and purity. Due to the hound's terrible childhood, I feel that he attains some sort of inner peace being around both Sansa and Arya; perhaps these individuals remind the hound that in this terrible world, purity and innocence is still present.

3. Is Jaime Lannister good or evil?

Man this guy is a complicated character. On one hand, he pushed Bran (an innocent child) out a window out of hope to kill him. In addition, he has a penchant to kill anyone who opposes him without any hesitation or remorse. In contrast, he saves Brienne of Tarth from being both raped and murdered, as well as displaying love to his younger brother Tyrion. I feel that he is, at heart, a noble character, but is forced to act against his moral compass in the name of his family and reputation.

What do you guys think? Also feel free to bring up any other questions worth discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)