Fuck Circuit City

lol fuck yes. i hate circuit city.

on black friday, me and a friend went to go buy our xbox because they sent out fliers saying it came with a free game and a controller.

we went like 2 hours early and got the xbox, but they bullshitted and told us they ran out of stock when we were like the 12th person in. we were able to get the manager get us the stuff because it said it and they had some other shit in stock, but it was sure frustrating.

Way back when the Wii first came out, I hung at Best Buy for about three hours waiting for a voucher, and some people that worked at the Circuit City across the street wondered over and offered some of us in the back of the line some vouchers. None of us went there. I got a Wii from Best Buy, while my brother was at the CC across the street. Later, my brother revealed to me that CC had all of like ten Wii's and Best Buy had over 80. He got hosed by them, and I wound up helping him chase one down at Best Buy the next week.

Circuit City is a joke. Best Buy all the way.

CC had better deals on Black Friday (Best Buy's deals were a joke >_<).
My typical experience with Best Buy is that they won't accept ANY returned item unless it's unopened without a receipt, even if broken. Too many unreturnable broken items... they also are very unhelpful about deals they're supposed to be having.

And I hate Gamestop and EB because they always try to get me to buy things I don't want/reserve games and systems/try to cram things down my throat that I know aren't true "If you don't reserve Blue Rescue Force you won't find it for months!" LOL.

Circuit City is the bomb. I recently got 5 games (Ranging from awesome to pretty good) for $60 total.

Games were Viva Pinata, Half Life 2, Drakengard 2, Advent Rising, and Black.

Unfortunately that's a great case of a semi-bait and switch. Bait and switch itself is illegal, but theirs worked because it kind of wasn't: They had a sale going on for games, any one from a select list would be $9. One site got ahold of the list, and a game I wanted for the 360, Chromehounds, was on there; unfortunately it was a "where supplies last" and it only applied to physical stores (no online shopping). So when I went there it wasn't there, but I walked out with some great games at a great value. It was a good tradeoff, I think.

I've only started Viva Pinata, and I haven't even exhausted that yet. ^_^

It's a really good game by the way, in case anyone was wondering.

Circuit City is the bomb. I recently got 5 games (Ranging from awesome to pretty good) for $60 total.

Games were Viva Pinata, Half Life 2, Drakengard 2, Advent Rising, and Black.

Unfortunately that's a great case of a semi-bait and switch. Bait and switch itself is illegal, but theirs worked because it kind of wasn't: They had a sale going on for games, any one from a select list would be $9. One site got ahold of the list, and a game I wanted for the 360, Chromehounds, was on there; unfortunately it was a "where supplies last" and it only applied to physical stores (no online shopping). So when I went there it wasn't there, but I walked out with some great games at a great value. It was a good tradeoff, I think.

I've only started Viva Pinata, and I haven't even exhausted that yet. ^_^

It's a really good game by the way, in case anyone was wondering.
Drakengard 2 is sick.

CC sucks here in Daytona Beach, I go to the wii section to find 16, YES 16 out of allll the rows that holdl ike 200, to find 16 games, and out of all the best games of course, really lame, its like they get a shipment every year >_> or their shipments blow up befor getting to the store...

Best buy is awesome on the other hand HERE, always overstocked and seems a bit better when it comes to service, but thats only my opinion...

And if anyone noticed...

Endless Ocean for Wii - at Best Buy 29.99
Endless Ocean for Wii - at Circuit City 49.99

so I'll take best buy any day, anyways I never liked CC's site and when ever i go to their store they have no stock or low stock on about everything..and yes the return policy at BB is bad, I'll still take them over our CC.

the circuit city and best buy where i live are pretty competitive and usually have roughly the same prices. (best buy is better for electronics while CC is better for music, games and software)

I won't discuss how horrid the Circuit City's around here are as it would take far to long to describe in full. Just know I feel your pain..

Luckily, Australians have no Circuit City (Or they aren't as dominant as in the USA region). I've heard a fair bit about their bullshit, so if there are any CC workers reading this: FUCK YOU GIVE SURGO HIS WII

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ahh Circuit City...it sucks in Canada too.

I swaer, the people that work there, they keep on trying to make me buy stuff that I evidently don't want. For instance, I try to buy something and then the employee's like "Oh, but don't you want this instead?"...I find that to be extremely pitiful.

My Circuit City is at a mall, so they're very small, and their shit really isn't very good. For instance they were selling a portable AM/FM radio for like $20! That is not fuckin fair. Also, they were selling those flashlights that break the first time you use them for like $6.99....

Also, once I just wanted to ask them a question about what I would need to do to fix my MP3 player. I ask them, and they say that I need my receipt. I wasn't friggin trying to return the thing, I just wanted to fix it! Regardless, I fixed it my own damn self. Thanks for nothing.

Heh, their video game selection is also really really bad. I swear that there are GBA games there, that aren't even that good, yet they're charging $44.99 for them. C'mon, they sell no systems at my mall's Circuit City, and I take it upon myself to purposely skip past that store whenever I want to buy a video game (unless I'm desperate beyond belief).

Yeah, so to sum it up, like that thread title says, fuck Circuit City.
The Source and Circuit City are not the same. Circuit City owns The Source, but that's it. They are nothing alike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)