French Qualifier - Lyon, June 12th, 2010 - WON BY FROGGY25

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Starting the thread for the French qualifier.

Everything that belongs to the event in France can be discussed here. A list of attendants can be found at the bottom of the posting so make sure you are added on the list and say hello to other fellas who might be going.

French Qualifier informations
Tournament regulations

Cité - Centre de Congrès - Lyon
50, quai Charles de Gaulle
69463 Lyon Cedex 06

Junior Registration : 9:30 A.M. to 10:00 A.M.
Senior Registration : 1:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.
How to go there :
Depending on your budget, you have 4 options :

I - By bus
The cheapest way to go to Lyon.
It is only available if you don't live in France :
http://www.eurolines.com/
The travel may take a lot of time though, but it is worth it if you're low on money.
For instance, a London - Lyon - London trip costs 80 £ if you buy it up to 30 days before the tournament.

II - By train
If you come from Great Britain, you can use the Eurostar, with trips London - Paris - London starting at 69 £. Then, you can use TGV for the travel to Lyon.
If you come from Belgium, Netherlands or Germany, you can use Thalys, and finish your travel with a TGV.
http://www.eurostar.com/
http://www.thalys.com/
http://www.tgv-europe.com/

III- By car
In order to limit the number of private vehicles and trucks crossing the city, there are bypasses around the metropolitan area.

Eastern bypass (Rocade Est) of 62 km linking Anse (north of Lyon) to Ternay (south of Lyon) via Freeway A46.

Northern bypass via the north ring-road of 10 km crossing the metropolitan area from East to West: from Boulevard Laurent Bonnevay to Freeway A6 in Ecully.

IV - By plane
The nearest airport is Saint-Exupéry airport, which is located 25 km east of Lyon.

The SATOBUS shuttles connect the airport to the main cities of the Rhône-Alpes region, with several buses per day. Connections to downtown Lyon depart every 20 minutes between 5 a.m. and 11:20 p.m.

Direct flights from Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport:

GERMANY : Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart
AUSTRIA : Vienna
BELGIUM : Brussels
DENMARK : Copenhagen
SPAIN : Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga
ITALY : Bologna, Milan, Rome, Venice
NETHERLANDS : Amsterdam
PORTUGAL : Lisbon, Oporto
UNITED KINGDOM : Birmingham, Manchester, London
SWITZERLAND : Zürich

Who's going ?

- froggy25 (France)
- flash_mc (Spain)
- Last Requiem (Portugal)
- RubeNCB (Spain)
- Andycyd (Spain)
- Albert (Spain)
- Eduard (Spain)
- ray kaze (Spain)
- Puniverse (France)
-

EasyJet has trips from Oporto to Lyon, so you can add Oporto to the Portugal list of flights if you wish.

The SATOBUS has stops near the place the qualifier is going to be held? I was thinking that I would have to catch a taxi, but this might be cheaper. Thanks!

And I'm also going to this qualifier. See you guys there.

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
The SATOBUS has stops near the place the qualifier is going to be held? I was thinking that I would have to catch a taxi, but this might be cheaper. Thanks!
Yes, the nearest stop is Lyon Part-Dieu.

I've added Oporto to the Portugal list of flights, thanks.

Good, me and 3 other friends also attended:
RubeNCB: Barcelona
Andycyd: Barcelona
Albert: Barcelona
Eduard: Barcelona

We will represent Catalonia/Cataluña :P

Is that Eduard the same one that was the champion of the Barcelona qualifier of the Spanish Championship last year?
Are there more spanish players that you know of that may be going? I was hoping that this would be the best qualifier to earn the trip to worlds since Madrid isn't going to be exactly a walk in the park, but by the look of things Lyon is just going to be a second Madrid :P ... (BTW, when is someone from Spain going to open a Madrid qualifier thread?)

If, Eduard TOP4 stay last year in Paris and won in Barcelona, Spanish for the moment 6 PROS go to Lyon, it will be more of a Spanish war xD.

If, Eduard TOP4 stay last year in Paris and won in Barcelona, Spanish for the moment 6 PROS go to Lyon, it will be more of a Spanish war xD.
Yeah, it seems Spain is desperately trying to win a trip to Worlds this year after having two semi-finalists losing in Paris. You guys keep it up:naughty:

Starting hostilities already :P ?
Also, isn't anyone from Germany going to France like last year? Since Cologne is the only European qualifier I'm not going to, it would be fun to meet you guys somewhere else, but it seems that that won't be the case...

i suppose i'm gonna open the thread...

and another friend, ray kaze, is going to Lyon, he was in paris last year too

is there anything interesting to do there? i mean, something interesting to watch or a good place for partying, etc

a friend of mine and me will be there the whole weekend, so we'll have some free time.

Thanks ;)

I plan on attending this event, i am from the UK, but i did not go to the Birmingham event as i was on holiday. I should hopefully be buying my coach ticket tomorrow from York to Lyon for £95.

At the moment i plan on bringing a bivvy bag and sleeping in a random field on the Saturday night, but if anyone has any better suggestions i am open to hear them lol

Hello everybody, my first post in here :D
I'll be attending VGC in Lyon too with my best friend (we're french guys) and we are going to arrive veery early ^^. Actually from midnight to the registration time we'll be near Centre des Congrès, probably.
So, tblakey89, if you are in the same situation, we can walk around, no problem ;).

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm seriously thinking about making the trip across the pond to France now... Just deciding whether it's worth the money xD

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
froggy was it seriously you I battled R32 two days ago in Cologne? I know I´ve asked you after our battle, just want to make sure :)

because I wanted to post a warstory/report and if you plan to attend other tourneys, I won´t reveal your team without your consent (unless you want to use something else)...to be honest, I can only remember your leads and that I pretty much played a flawless match

I´ve only just got back from cologne, but just a few moments ago my mum asked outta nowhere if I´d go to another event and I said lol no...why not? just take a flight and I´m like oh well...

now I´ll give it a second thought, these tourneys are cool, if I´d find a way to make it there (preferably not by bus) lol, despite losing in R16 I didn´t see one team I wouldn´t have been able to beat, actually the one I lost to was the nearest to countering me, but I still had a shot at winning

at this point, I give it a 1% chance that I come to lyon

good luck everyone who´s attending

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Peterko > Yep, that was me, I did a lot of mistakes during the two or three first turns of the battle, I'll use something else at Lyon so you can include it in your report :P

Good game, once again.

I feel like Peterko, there is something unfinshed in my VGC Playing 2010 and i really would join in Lyon if i could...but Its far away from here and also more expensive than Birmingham...And i cant speek french so if i would travel alone i would really feel lost..oh well i even dont have the money to make another trip , expect my mum or my grandparents would give me money but thats most lilkely unsure and if i would tell them that i need it for Pokemon..oh lol..

There is nobody who drives by car and might cross Germany? <3 ? haha..iam a great person to talk with and i can make cookies for you ^__^ (well atleast i can try haha)

hmm i give it also a 1% that i come but of course i look for all oppertunities at this week...

Well, money is a great matter indeed. But be sure that some french guys like me speaking english will be there very early in the morning. That can make some ones change their minds to know that they will be welcomed by sympathic frenchies like me !! lol

froggy was it seriously you I battled R32 two days ago in Cologne? I know I´ve asked you after our battle, just want to make sure :)

because I wanted to post a warstory/report and if you plan to attend other tourneys, I won´t reveal your team without your consent (unless you want to use something else)...to be honest, I can only remember your leads and that I pretty much played a flawless match

I´ve only just got back from cologne, but just a few moments ago my mum asked outta nowhere if I´d go to another event and I said lol no...why not? just take a flight and I´m like oh well...

now I´ll give it a second thought, these tourneys are cool, if I´d find a way to make it there (preferably not by bus) lol, despite losing in R16 I didn´t see one team I wouldn´t have been able to beat, actually the one I lost to was the nearest to countering me, but I still had a shot at winning

at this point, I give it a 1% chance that I come to lyon

good luck everyone who´s attending
You battled me in R3,too lol.
Please dont make my team public :x
Planning to go to another qualifier.

I can't go anymore now, the coaches were fully booked 9.9, if it hadn't had taken me so long to re-arrange my project meeting on Monday i could have gone 9.9

The seniors of this qualifier was won by someone with froggy as their game character name. I don't know if it has anything to do with froggy25, because to me the guy from the photo doesn't look like the guy who won, but I also thought that RubeNCB wasn't there but he was, so my eyes might be kind of strange :P .
Second place went to Albert, third place went to GALOOKS, that also went to Birmingham if I'm not mistaken. I don't know who got 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)