Flavourmons: what if you took the flavor text literally? (no OHKO or Auto-Win effects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe Glare could make Pokemon sometimes not move, like paralysis or something. And it can use Solar Beam when the sun isn't impeded and charges faster when it's super sunny, because it takes in solar energy.

Sorry to single you out, but these sorts of posts are everywhere in this thread and it's ridiculous. The flavor provided in Serperior's pokedex is already perfectly well-displayed by its movepool. Out of all the goofy dex entries (for instance, Golem can't be damaged by dynamite, which mean's Magikarp's tackle, which damages Golem, is stronger than dynamite) there's no need to stretch for strained ideas like yours. Be creative.
But glare is a paralysis move.

Greninja, Pokemon X

X:It creates throwing stars out of compressed water. When it spins them and throws them at high speed, these stars can split metal in two.

Water shuriken is 2x against Steel.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Absol:

Pokemon Ruby
: Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster Pokemon

Absol gets Earthquake and Surf

Pokemon X: It senses coming disasters and appears before people only to warn them of impending danger.

Absol gets Forewarn as an ability

Suiciune:

Pokemon Silver
: This Pokémon races across the land. It is said that north winds will somehow blow whenever it appears

Whenever Suiciune switches in, it sets Tailwind up automatically, which lasts for 4 turns instead of 5 like the auto-weather abilities

Quagsire:

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire: Quagsire hunts for food by leaving its mouth wide open in water and waiting for its prey to blunder in unaware. Because the Pokémon does not move, it does not get very hungry.

Quagsire gets an abillity like Iron Barbs that only works on Water-Types and does 1/4 to your max HP instead of 1/8

Last edited:
Absol:

Pokemon Ruby: Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster Pokemon

Absol gets Earthquake and Surf

Pokemon X: It senses coming disasters and appears before people only to warn them of impending danger.

Absol gets Forewarn as an ability

Suiciune:

Pokemon Silver: This Pokémon races across the land. It is said that north winds will somehow blow whenever it appears

Whenever Suiciune switches in, it sets Tailwind up automatically, which lasts for 4 turns instead of 5 like the auto-weather abilities

Quagsire:

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire: Quagsire hunts for food by leaving its mouth wide open in water and waiting for its prey to blunder in unaware. Because the Pokémon does not move, it does not get very hungry.

Quagsire gets an abillity like Iron Barbs that only works on Water-Types and does 1/4 to your max HP instead of 1/8
Absol shouldn't get surf or EQ, those are followed by it; perhaps a team must have those moves if the team has an absol
B/W:
it appears from deep in the mountains to warn people about upcoming disasters it has sensed with its horn.
Absol should get dig

Absol shouldn't get surf or EQ, those are followed by it; perhaps a team must have those moves if the team has an absol
B/W:
it appears from deep in the mountains to warn people about upcoming disasters it has sensed with its horn.
Absol should get dig
How about a ground/water type future sight on entry?

I think that Forewarn as an ability makes sense. Its new abilities are Forewarn, Pressure, and Justified, all for flavor reasons. Forewarn because it Forewarns people of disaster, Pressure because it pressures people to act, and Justified because it is on the good side.

I think that Forewarn as an ability makes sense. Its new abilities are Forewarn, Pressure, and Justified, all for flavor reasons. Forewarn because it Forewarns people of disaster, Pressure because it pressures people to act, and Justified because it is on the good side.
This looks good. Doesn't mess with game mechanics like my suggestion.

Froakie:
X:
It secretes flexible bubbles from its chest and back. The bubbles reduce the damage it would otherwise take when attacked.
Froakie takes 75% normal damage from all attacks.
Y: It protects its skin by covering its body in delicate bubbles. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings.
Froakie's accuracy may not be lowered. Its foes are always under the effect of Miracle Eye.

Quagsire:

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire: Quagsire hunts for food by leaving its mouth wide open in water and waiting for its prey to blunder in unaware. Because the Pokémon does not move, it does not get very hungry.

Quagsire OHKOs any Pokemon with Unaware.

Froakie:
X:
It secretes flexible bubbles from its chest and back. The bubbles reduce the damage it would otherwise take when attacked.
Y: It protects its skin by covering its body in delicate bubbles. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings.
Froakie's accuracy may not be lowered. Its foes are always under the effect of Miracle Eye.
First ability is stronger then I'd like.

Quagsire OHKOs any Pokemon with Unaware.
No.

First ability is stronger then I'd like.
Well we are dealing with Froakie, not Frogadier or Greninja.

To compare Froakie's new bulk to Greninja:
4 SpA Serperior Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 170-204 (59.4 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Serperior Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Froakie: 184-217 (82.1 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Froakie:
X:
It would make more sense that froakie would take less damage from moves that make contact, and how about froakie's accuracy cannot be lowered, forgetting the miracle eye thing

It would make more sense that froakie would take less damage from moves that make contact, and how about froakie's accuracy cannot be lowered, forgetting the miracle eye thing
The buff only applies to Froakie, who is still weaker everywhere than Greninja. I suppose that first bit is flavor.

I think the Miracle Eye thing is a good idea, because it give a reason to run Froakie over Greninja.

I think tidal waves and earthquakes are just sample disasters, and they don't reflect the flavor of his typing
We decided upon simply allowing Absol to get the ability forewarn.

Volcanion's Recently leaked Dex entry:

"It expels its internal steam from the arms on its back. It has enough power to blow away a mountain."

Instantly OHKOs/forces Rock types to switch out.

Volcanion's Recently leaked Dex entry:

"It expels its internal steam from the arms on its back. It has enough power to blow away a mountain."

Instantly OHKOs/forces Rock types to switch out.
1. Next person to suggest an ohko effect gets punched in the face.

2. DO NOT USE UNCOMFIRMED ENTRIES.

With all the screenshots flowing around and multiple evidence of him existing, there's no way it can be fake. But anyway, alright.

With all the screenshots flowing around and multiple evidence of him existing, there's no way it can be fake. But anyway, alright.
It could be all faked.

Anyways, time for more contributions:

Rampardos:
Pearl:
Its skull is as hard as iron. It is a brute that tears down jungle trees while catching prey.
Rampardos has Rock Head as an ability.

Azelf BW/B2W2: When Azelf flew, people gained the determination to do things. It was the birth of willpower.

Perhaps each move has a 50% chance of failing, regardless of accuracy, unless your team has an Azelf?

And no, I did not change my avatar just for this.

Azelf BW/B2W2: When Azelf flew, people gained the determination to do things. It was the birth of willpower.

Perhaps each move has a 50% chance of failing, regardless of accuracy, unless your team has an Azelf?

And no, I did not change my avatar just for this.
No. That is what we in the industry call monopoly. You should not need one specific Pokemon for no reason other then an entry on every team to win. This is Victini all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)