ORAS Doubles OU First Team

Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/ 44 Def/ 212 Spa
- Hydro Pump
- ThunderBolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
I decided to put rotom to have some coverage since I don't really have any other Electric type/Waterr type. I either use it to 1 HKO other pokemon or to Will-O-Wisp as much as I can to set up Gengar.Hydro Pump/ThunderBolt to take care of Entei/Heatran/Talonflame most of Water types and flying types, Will-O-Wisp to set up gengar and dealing damage over time since I usually send rotom first and Protect to let them burn for a few turns without taking any damage. I used Sitrus Berry becasue sitrus Berry Did Alot for this lil one Sitrus Berry was the Difference between being dead and not being Dead lots of times making me win the match.

Nature: Timid
EVs: 8 HP/ 248Sp.A/ 252 Spe
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
Well I decided to put gengar because It's can Deal with Fairy/Ghost types that are a threat to him and to Goodra, I Have black SLudge because it restore some HP each turn and it Actually can make the difference between one more turn or me dying, Taunt to get rid off Pranksters like Meowstic. SLudge Bomb deals with Fairy types extremly Well since some of them aren't hit by Ghost types being super Effective and reliefing Goodra, Will-O-Wisp usually to Hurt some big threats over time, and Also to set up Hex that Will Deal 120 Damage. 1 HKoing almost everything.

Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Modest
EVs: 248 HP/ 252SpA/ 8 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Bolt
- Fire Blast
Well Goodra is my Bulky damager, It can do tons of damage and it can endure critical/Super effective hits really well.I use it to take Dragon types of the Road and endure potential threats for Charizard. Dragon Pulse for STAB Fire Blast to Deal With Steel Types. ThunderBolt hits Bulky Water Types pretty well, Sludge Bomb is to Hit Fairy types that are immune to Goodra's Stab. I used Assault vest to Boost its Sp.Def wich is needed since lots of pokemon from double use Special Attack Making it Unkillable.

Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
Talon Flame is a Filler I use choice Band to spam either Flare Blitz to deal with grass Types and steel types or Brave Bird wich is it's main stab getting rid of lots of pokemons. U-turn to swap with other pokemon when the situation isn't good for talonflame and still deal some damage. Roost well I usually use Roost After using Flare Blitz/Brave Bird taking talon flame out of combat and puting it again using roost with the priority of Gale Wings.

Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Spa
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Kings Shield
Aegislash Comes at last I oftenly use it to Deal with Ghost types that can sometimes be a problem, Since aegislash has an absurd Special Attack I oftenly Put it at last Combined with the Life Orb I can Sacrifice a little of my Health for 2HKoes or 1HKoes I used Flash Cannon For STAB It can't 1HKo That much since its a Steel type Shadow Sneak to pick Low HP targets and Shadow ball as Another STAB That can Deal with Ghost and Fairy Types OHKOing them.

Ability: Blaze
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 144 HP/ 252 Atk/112 Spe
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
Charizard Depending on the enemy team is My other sweeper I usually Use EarthQuake to Deal with Heatran Dragon Claw to take Salamance out wich is a Big Threat for Goodra as well, Dragon Dance to boost Speed get even more Damage. Protect when I have an Huge threat on the enemy team, I usually set it up baiting them and Dealing with them with either Goodra or Aegislash. Charizardite X to Mega evolve and get even more Attack making it an absolute beast.

Last edited by a moderator:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there, sorry but the descriptions for some of your Pokemon are rather lacking and not up to the standard as required by the RMT rules. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require. PM me with updated descriptions once you review the rules and I'll reopen this thread.

Edit: Reopened

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Well, the mons you chose are kinda okay, and you're missing a few items, but zard x is pretty cool.

Give Washtom a sitrus berry. It has more spatk than normal, but that's fine to use for killing lando, tran, terrak.

If you want to kill fairies and ghosts, bisharp is a more reliable option than gengar, with more bulk and ohkoing aegislash and sylveon. Also, you already have a will o wisper on your team.
Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Double dragon is a fine choice, but Kyurem-Black is a better choice than goodra if you're looking for a bulky dragon, with much better matchups and overall stats.
Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Having both talonflame and charizard makes you terribly weak to diancie/lando t, and you already have a fire in zard, so I'd suggest replacing tflame with a lando t yourself.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

On aegislash, I'd suggest giving it safety goggles so you can switch in on sleep, and wide guard>shadow sneak because you're quite weak to spread moves like earthquake and rockslide, and already have priority.

Use Flare Blitz>EQ on zard. Given my other suggestions, you'll do fine against tran, and flare blitz is powerful stab, ohkoing lando after ddance and intimidate drop.

Last edited:
Well, the mons you chose are kinda okay, and you're missing a few items, but zard x is pretty cool.

Give Washtom a sitrus berry. It has more spatk than normal, but that's fine to use for killing lando, tran, terrak.

If you want to kill fairies and ghosts, bisharp is a more reliable option than gengar, with more bulk and ohkoing aegislash and sylveon. Also, you already have a will o wisper on your team.
Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Double dragon is a fine choice, but Kyurem-Black is a better choice than goodra if you're looking for a bulky dragon, with much better matchups and overall stats.
Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Having both talonflame and charizard makes you terribly weak to diancie/lando t, and you already have a fire in zard, so I'd suggest replacing it with a lando t yourself.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

On aegislash, I'd suggest giving it safety goggles so you can switch in on sleep, and wide guard>shadow sneak because you're quite weak to spread moves like earthquake and rockslide, and already have priority.

Use Flare Blitz>EQ on zard. Given my other suggestions, you'll do fine against tran, and flare blitz is powerful stab, ohkoing lando after ddance and intimidate drop.
Yeah but How can I get a Kyurem with 5 IV and that Nature? thats hard how am I supposed to do it?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah but How can I get a Kyurem with 5 IV and that Nature? thats hard how am I supposed to do it?
You can use Pokemon Showdown instead. It's the simulator that most people use play matches with Smogon metagames. You can build your team there without having to worry about getting your Pokemon.

It's not advised to play Doubles OU in game anyway, as Shaymin-Sky is incredibly difficult to get and keep in Sky forme but is also a top-tier Pokemon.

Can you tell me how to make BIsharp Learn sucker Punch and Knock Off?
You can use Pokemon Showdown instead. It's the simulator that most people use play matches with Smogon metagames. You can build your team there without having to worry about getting your Pokemon.

It's not advised to play Doubles OU in game anyway, as Shaymin-Sky is incredibly difficult to get and keep in Sky forme but is also a top-tier Pokemon.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I actually disagree with the suggestion of Bisharp > Gengar, as you're using Aegislash and CharX, so the extra Ground immunity is more useful than having another Fairy check, not to mention that Bisharp is a shaky check (in my opinion) since the main threat, Diancie, can just outrun and OHKO with Earth Power, and having to rely on a Focus Sash makes switching Bisharp in on anything near impossible. As well, Gengar provides a more reliable way to deal with Kangaskhan, and Terrakion since it can just burn them. However, I do suggest a different moveset for it.

Gengar @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball / Icy Wind / Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

I, personally, don't think relying on Will O + Hex is a good idea, since Will-o-Wisp has shaky accuracy to begin with. With this set, you'll have a switch-in to Kangaskhan, Ground-type moves, and also be able to have a way to burn pesky physical attackers even when they're partnered with Amoonguss / Rage Powder, and also have a Spore immunity which is always welcome. You /can/ use Icy Wind instead of Shadow Ball as a speed control option, and it'll work. Protect can be used over Taunt if you want to be a bit more careful with Gengar, though Taunt is preferable since your team will be begging for some means to combat Trick Room.

Next off is Goodra (though, if this team is for cart play, then ignore this), I actually think you'd be better served using Kyurem-B, like Yellow Paint suggested, though I would use a Scarf-set, instead of the Substitute one. It's a better answer to Rain (in my experience, since Ludicolo and Politoed die to Dragon Claw / Bolt Strike, and you still have Ice Beam for Swampert), and isn't dead weight against Fairy-types since it can run Iron Head. The Scarf set is also useful against Sun, as Fusion Bolt does a ton to CharizardY, and Ice Beam does a ton to Venusaur.

SCARF (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Another option over Goodra is Cresselia, which can provide support such as Thunder Wave, weather support, Helping Hand, an additional ground immunity, etc, as well as being a capable setup and win-condition if you opt for the CM set which is in vogue. It also offers part of what Goodra does, as it's a very potent "wall", though it has more useful resistances than Goodra.

And lastly, I think you should reconsider the EV's on Zard, and go for 48 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 228 Spe Adamant nature, which outspeeds Deoxys-A at +1, and always lives an Adamant Landorus-T's Earthquake. As for the moveset, I really think you should go for Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz, Dragon Dance, and filler. That way you aren't walled by Fairy-types, and at +1, CharX has a chance to OHKO Landorus-T, which is always nice. The filler choice I usually go for is Roost, because I always have a ton of support for ZardX such as redirection, constant offensive pressure, etc, so it's not as risky. Protect would probably be the best choice, given how that move is a staple of doubles play and is probably the best move in the metagame. I don't think Earthquake is particularly useful for doubles ZardX, since you should have already taken out opposing Heatrans before bringing in Zard.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 48 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Protect / Roost

That's most of what I have, good luck dude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)