ORAS Doubles OU First RMT: Sun Doubles

Hello People of the internet, I'm pretty new here to the Smogon Forums but anyway lets get started.

Here's my sun team, it's without a doubt the best team I've ever created myself on PS. The team works on mainly offense, but Charizard, Arcanine, Dragonite, and Whimsicott all have some extra bulk. I've been using this team pretty much since XY came out and I tweaked it a bit after ORAS. I peaked at about 1450(?) on PS. I had a picture, but y'know... technology.

charizard-mega-y.png
venusaur.png
heliolisk.png
arcanine.png
dragonite.png
whimsicott.png

________________________________________________________________________________________

Blaster:
charizard-megay.gif

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Solar Beam

Charizard sets up the sun and brings the pain. HP and SpD EV's for extra bulk. Spe EV's to speed-creep on other base 100 pokemon. Focus Blast is to take care of Heatran, my biggest threat (I used to run HP ground but it is really lacking in power).

Sacha:

venusaur.gif

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Growth + Sun = Insanity. I've found that max speed was unnessary, and 124 in Speed allows Venusaur to outspeed pretty much everything that comes her way as long as it isn't holding a choice scarf. I might change this to outspeed choice scarf Typhosion. Giga Drain over Solarbeam for when I encounter other weather users. Sleep Powder for things I can't immediately KO, usu my go to move for M-Kang.

Golden Sun:

heliolisk.gif

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
IVs: 30 Atk/ 30 Def
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

One of the main reasons I was inspired to make a sun team. In the sun, Heliolisk tears s*** up. HP Ice OHKOs Lando-T and takes a huge chunk out of Garchomp. He was holding Choice Specs in the past, but Choice Scarf Garchomp and Lando-T were such big threats I needed to give him the scarf. Grass Knot OHKOs Mega Swampert, Terrakion, 2HKO(?)s Mega Camperupt, and does a bunch of damage to anything else that's heavy. GK is a utility move.

Chandra:

arcanine.gif

Arcanine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Arcanine is here for coverage. Iron Head is for Sylveon, Close Combat for Heatran, Extreme Speed is really useful against Talonflame, Sucker Punchers, and other priority users. She can survive most special attacks, esp. water moves under the sun. Without the sun she can take a Rotom-W Hydro Pump and still survive. I used to run Wild Charge, but Sylveon can be a big threat and shutting down Sylveons helps me get a lot of momentum.

Redox:

dragonite.gif

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Rock Slide

Weakness Policy Dragonite is so underrated IMO. DN tanks pretty much everything except maybe choice specs glaceon blizzard (Darn you Battle Maison). EQ is for Heatran (As you can see, I hate Heatran) this used to be Superpower but the stat drops aren't worth it. Dragon Claw to murderlize other dragon types, Extremespeed for after the Weakness Policy, and Rock Slide for those pesky Talonflames. I put in 4 EVs on speed to speed creep on DD Dragonites while they try to set up, but Dragonite's low speed can be a blessing sometimes.

Retractable-Awning:
Get It?
whimsicott.gif

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Encore
- Leech Seed

Whimsicott is pretty fun to use. She annoys the crap out of my opponents with Taunt, Leech Seed, and Encore. I used to run a sub-seed set, but the Focus Sash provides more use than a substitute so I started using Encore as well. Sunny Day on Whimsicott allows me to change the weather on most rain teams (with some good predicting).

Thanks for reading my post!!! I look forward to your feedback ^_^

Attachments

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If this is a Doubles OU team, it belongs in the Other Teams section, not here.

Assuming Doubles OU, Zard and Venusaur are really the only truly viable Pokemon on this team. Whimsicott is kind of niche (and not needed much on Sun) and Heliolisk, Dragonite, and Arcanine are just... bad. It might be best to start over, using some of the threads in the Doubles OU forum (like the New Viability Rankings) for guidance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)