First RMT OU 4th Gen

Okay thanks again Sandshrewz for helping me. Yes Dragon Pulse is only for Kingdra but last few battles I was able to take it down with Scizor's U-turn + someone else. Will-O-Wisp still works best of all since most people don't expect in on a Heatran with Stealth Rock. I will also try out Roar more times than I did so far.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Np :) but if you are using WoW as surprise element, it won't work as well in the long run as sooner or later when you battle the same person WoW may not reach the intended target. Roar isn't surprising at all lols. Both roar and WoW have their own use. Till you decide which to use, cya! :)

Kingdra really fucks my team over, so I am thinking of replacing my Starmie to a Kingdra since with that I still have my FWG core, although I have no spinner anymore. I am thinking of the standard Rest + Chesto variant. I don't use Starmie that often and it doesn't spin entry hazards away that often (so not every battle or something). If I replace Starmie by Kingdra I have one pursuit weakness less, although Starmie never has been a pursuit bait since it carries Surf for Ttar.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yea. You could use kingdra. But in the event of toxic spikes, half your team gets crippled, most notably machamp since kingdra can rest off. Tentacruel may be useful but it seems weird on your team. You could use offensive or support tentacruel since it also forces kingdra to use outrage once you sludge bomb or lower its health low enough. You might want to try both kingdra and tenta. If spinning isn't important try DD kingdra or specs. Specs kingdra is another surprise :) switch into a steel,, bluff a waterfall but use draco meteor instead or hydro pump. Since entry hazards may not be common for you, try kingdra first. Unless theres a need for spinner, try tenta but tenta is less useful with a bad typing. Tenta can utlise SD set since it has enough speed to pull it off and gives you additional fighting resist and perfectly counters infernape since i've never met one that carries EQ

Yea I was also thinking of tentacruel since it has access to Toxic Spikes and can absorb Toxic Spikes of my opponent. It also has access to Rapid Spin just as Starmie, although Tenta is more defensive so I don't know if it fits into my team. Should I just try the standard set:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature, 252 hp, 120 def, 136 spdef
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Hp Electric

or Specs Kingdra since it can really surprise. I tried the standard DD Rest Kingdra but Specs Kingdra also looks good to me. Is this set okay:

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature, 32 hp, 252 spatt, 224 speed
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse

I don't like both Surf and Hydro Pump in this set, so I chose Ice Beam over Hydro Pump. I don't know why this smogon set doesn't have max speed, but do you think max speed is crucial on this set.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Well, tenta walls infernape to no end -something that none of your other teammates can do. Infernapes are rairly common and gives chance to set up on it and vappy etc. Well kingdra hates toxic spikes but it's good as hit and run. Doesn't need to max speed since it already outspeeds those in it's speed tier like adamant lucario though there isn't a need too. Actually the speed isn't really crucial since kingdra most oftenly switch into those that are slower. Just give it enough EVs to outspeed timid heatran and modest nature if you want more power. Running max hp max spA might work out though it doesn't seem useful. But, kingdra has wonderful defences so you may want to make it more bulky or faster. Making it bulky makes switching in easier but faster EVs mean you may get to hit more things like mamoswine before it hits you. Bulkier EVs allows it to take slightly more neutral attacks. You can opt fast since only shaymin and rotom are fast in your team or give it bulk to your already quite bulky team. :) for me i'll use bulk since kingdra hardly bothers about outspeeding things

I really like bulky Kingdra, although I don't really know if it fits good into my team. I want someone to replace Starmie, so if it possible still a fast water type so I still keep my FWG core. I really like Specs Kingdra, but do you think this is a good moveset or would you change some moves?

In my opinion Specs Kingdra works best when it outspeeds alot. I don't know if it needs the bulk since it is already bulky with its base Hp and defenses and only one weakness. I will also try out Tentacruel since yes I have faced a lot of Infernapes and Starmie most of the time could handle them well, but Tenta is off course a lot more bulky. Thanks for your suggestions again :D.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Tentacruel and kingdra are one of the fastest waters behind starmie. For kingdra, I think dragon pulse seems redundant since there are little times when you don't want a stat drop. You could try hp fire or electric instead of dragon pulse. Hp electric mainly for empoleon but other than that there isn't much use. HP fire for scizor or forretress that attempt to wall a dragon move but note that a neutral STAB surf is almost as good as a x2 HP so HP fire should probably be used only for 4x weak pokes like those listed. If you want to cripple the kingdra counter, you can try yawn though a status move isn't really useful on a choiced pkmn. Kingdra's movepool is pretty limited so there isn't much you can do about it. Signal beam can be used against specially defensive celebi. It should be noted that STAB draco meteor has a higher power than x2 effective moves of under 90 base power. Whether you the EVs are bulky of put into speed, it depends whats more important. Bulky set lets you switch in on much more things but faster sets allow you to hit more often.

If you lead off with Starmie, a very effective anti lead, you could use Gyarados over Machamp, giving your team a nice sweeper.

Okay guys thanks for the suggestions. I tried out Kingdra and Tentacruel and they both did okay. For Kingdra I tried out a few sets but in the end I thought Starmie was better since it is faster and has Rapid Spin. Tentacruel was able to absorb Toxic Spikes which was nice and also has Rapid Spin, but it wasn't very reliable of taking down Tran which was very common when I had battles, so I chose Starmie over it (meaning nothing changed to my team). For Heatran I decided between Wow and Roar and I thought Wow was better since it surprised alot of psysical sweepers, and when I had Roar I dind't use it at all. My team finally is ready so I think I don't need any more suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)