Other Metagames First PS BH Team

This is my first team I made on PS for BH, I started on PO in ibh and switched to ps, so i have some knowledge of hackmons.

Diancie-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Baton Pass
- Heart Swap
- Moonblast

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Boomburst
- Fake Out
- Extremespeed
- King's Shield

Regigigas @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Spiky Shield
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Forest's Curse
- Searing Shot
- Psystrike
- Seed Bomb

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Swords Dance
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed

Diancie-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Baton Pass
- Heart Swap
- Moonblast

Might as well start off with one of my favorites. Diancie is a good switch in to the stat boosters that run rampant in BH. After heart swapping, you can go into sweeping or b pass into Mewtwo or into Rayquaza. Diamond storm to potentially boost def and deal nice phys stab and Moonblast for fairy stab.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Entrainment
- Quiver Dance
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

This gengar is decently fast, outspeeding arceus. With a first turn entrainment, i at least get one quiver dance off, and i can easily just entrain again. This is a good shedinja counter, or Giritina counter. Only thing I really have to watch out for it battle bond greninja with beat up, or magic bouncers.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Boomburst
- Fake Out
- Extremespeed
- King's Shield

Now this beast is fun. You can use him as a lead, with the aerilate sharp beak stab boosted fake out, or send as a late game sweeper. Hes my main source to take down pesky giritinas. Boomburst is good for sub users and extreme speed kills about everything else. I usually will use diancie's b pass into my Megaquaza.

Regigigas @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Spiky Shield
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Another shedinja counter, Gigas also punishes physical attackers. The only problem i have is with giritinas. Use spore to sleep, set up with one or two sword dances, and then sweep with extreme speed. Great bulk along with massive attack, this is a force to be reckoned with.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Forest's Curse
- Searing Shot
- Psystrike
- Seed Bomb

I deleted this mon off of the team for a while, but found a set that I liked. After protean was banned, i found myself loving beast boost. I use forest's curse to boost all stats by 1 and change the foe to a grass type. take them out with a searing shot and then sweep the rest of their team. Chanseys are a pest with this, but i like to heart swap again with diancie.

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recycle
- Swords Dance
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed

Last but not least Shedinja. If your team is not prepared for this mon, its over on turn 1. Usually i would run safeguard on this, but i found more use with this set. If i know that the foe is going to use a status move and will be faster than me, i use recycle to get my lum berry back. or i will go straight for the endeavor e speed combo. Only thing that sucks is when hazards are out, or weather, or iron barbs/rocky helmet.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-527373462
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-527376230
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-527376908

Em

formerly Based Sexy Pants
Hello! I find your team quite interesting, but I feel like there are quite a few issues on it which prevents it from being an optimal team.

Starting off with Mega Diancie, I noticed that you are running a more defensive set than offensive. While Mega Diancie is a very decent offensive threat, defensively it is outclassed by other Pokemon, for example bulky Steel types such as Regigigas, Aegislash, Dialga, and Solgaleo. It is also outclassed by other defensive Fairy types, such as Mega Audino. While defensive Rock types can certainly benefit certain teams, I feel that it is not justifiable enough to use with Mega Diancie on this team. Due to the rising popularity of moves like Sunsteel Strike on physical attackers as well, Mega Diancie will definitely have issues walling offensive threats, not to mention that it has no way of healing, and thus is able to be whittled down fairly easily.

Normalize Mega Gengar, while a cool gimmick, can be fairly easy to play around, especially on higher ladder. A much more consistent set that a lot of people are quite fond of is Dazzling with Shell Smash, Moongeist Beam, Secret Sword, filler. Paired with a Focus Sash it is able to obliterate teams as soon as it sets up, as it is very hard to revenge kill, and does a lot of damage. Alternatively you can run a set with Spooky Plate, Judgement, Shell Smash/Quiver Dance, and Sacred Sword to beat out Imposter Chansey.

Aerilate Mega Rayquaza, while certainly being a threat, is a lot less scary this meta than it was in Gen VI. With the addition of priority blocking, and a nerf from 1.3x boost to 1.2x, it has certainly become a lot more underwhelming. With this set particularly, you have no way to deal with bulky Steel types. This would usually be fine, but your team in general seems to struggle against them. A quick suggestion would be to add coverage on it for bulky Steel's.

Your Regigas set struggles to deal with priority blockers as well, as it gets straight up walled. It also gets walled by Ghost types. A suggestion for you if you were to run Regigigas would be to run a Poison Heal set, the analysis of which can be found here.

Your Mega Mewtwo Y set is generally outclassed by every other notable set. Just some quick things to point out are that this is supposed to be Imposter proof'd by Mega Diancie, who should be getting one shot by this, meaning you essentially have to sack 2 things to Chansey's coming in. Beast Boost, while a cool gimmick, doesn't really do anything in particular on this set. Running a different ability, such as Illusion to deal with Chansey and mind games your opponent, or Psychic Surge/Dazzling to block out priority would be much more effective. Also you can only use Forest's Curse once, so it's pretty much a one chance or you blow it scenario, and with no way to deal with Chansey, that is never a good thing. A more standard Mega Mewtwo Y set in general would be much more effective.

Shedinja was a dominant Pokemon in Gen VI, causing fear into the hearts of many at team preview. However, not only has the meta shift to more offensive teams featuring Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam everywhere nerfed Shedinja substantially, your team also has no hazard removal support to assist with Shedinja, meaning it essentially becomes worthless against any opponent with hazards. In this meta, if one were to run Shedinja, I would suggest a Focus Sash set, and have reliable team support in the back, which your team lacks.

Overall, while your team does score some threats on it, there is little to no synergy between the Pokemon, and several of the sets are outclassed. Notably your team has no way to deal with Imposter Chansey, hazards (for Shedinja), strong wallbreakers such as -ate's and Water Bubble users, bulky Steel types, or reliable ways to beat set up sweepers.

I would suggest that you run a bulky Steel type to handle some of your problems with wallbreakers, and potentially set up sweepers depending on your set (for instance, an Assault Vest Regenerator Steel type with Spectral Thief can deal with a lot of set up sweepers, or you could use a Prankster Haze user). I would optimize the Mega Gengar/Mega Mewtwo Y sets, and run something a bit more common, such as the aforementioned Dazzling Shell Smash set. On Mega Ray I would add a way to deal with Steel types, perhaps change your coverage, or run a different set such as Tinted Lens. I already mentioned earlier, but if you are going to keep Regigigas, I suggest running the Poison Heal set. And lastly, I would straight up remove Shedinja as your team lacks proper support for it, and that makes teambuilding with it a headache.

Good luck with teambuilding, and happy laddering! Best of luck.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)