SM OU First Ever Competative Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

Despite playing pokemon for 18 years, I have never battled competatively until a few weeks ago

I have been doing some team testing in Pokemon Showdown and have found the following works quite well using some of my favourites.

I'm still losing slightly more than I'm winning so any help would be much appreciated

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Recover

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 Spe
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

Goodra @ Damp Rock
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sucker Punch

I'm not a big fan of using legendary/mythical but I'm open to suggestions

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. I'm new here :)

Thank you!!

Here are some changes I would make to your team
1. get rid of Earthquake on Mega Charizard X and replace it with Dragon Dance for better sweeping potential
2. Replace Brave Bird on Skarmory with drill peck so you don't lose sturdy and don't accidentally faint yourself
3. replace toxic with psychic on Starmie as it can burn with scald and stab bonus
4. replace sucker punch with shadow ball for your special set to cover ghost and psychic types on Nidoking
that is all

Thank you!!

I'll give those changes a go.

The main reason for Sucker Punch on Nido was to counter Mega Alakazam etc

Your team looks pretty decent but the only thing is that, I don't recommend using Nidoking in OU because like, if you think about it, your in a tier full of Zygarde, Landorus, Garchomp and Excadrill. Use at least another OU Pokemon

Your team looks pretty decent but the only thing is that, I don't recommend using Nidoking in OU because like, if you think about it, your in a tier full of Zygarde, Landorus, Garchomp and Excadrill. Use at least another OU Pokemon
While I agree nidoking may not be top tier it does serve a good niche in the OU tier as an effective wallbreaker. As most nidoking sets are running substitute once it gets that off against something it threatens out in can proceed to OHKO all of them with ice beam bar excadrill, but earth power threatens that. The combination of sheer force and life orb is what gives its niche in the OU tier along with its huge coverage pool and decent typing, to block electric moves and absorb t-spikes. Just wanted to point this out as your reason isn't very strong imo but I do acknowledge it can be outclassed or threatened out by those Pokemon.

Wagn as for your team I see a few changes that can be made to make it better which I will rate tomorrow if your post doesn't get locked. In which case I suggest adding descriptions to your Pokemon

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)