Fighting Games!!!!

There might already be a thread for this, but there also might not already be a thread for it. I'm going to operate under the assumption that some mod would be only too happy to dig up a link to some other fighting game thread, make a witty remark and then close this. THAT SAID, who here loves fighting games????

I play Soul Calibur 3 (Lizardman, Nightmare), Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (Ryu, Hugo, Chun-Li, Ken), Capcom vs SNK 2 (C-Groove Blanka, Cammy, Sagat, N-Groove Iori, Chun-Li, Sagat), GGXX #R/Slash/AC (Axl, Johnny, Amy), Capcom Fighting Jam (Guile/Demitri or Kenji/Anakaris), and like basically any other fighting game.

Right now I'm really playing a lot of SC3 (because my older brother introduced me to a drug dealer/SC player who's super-cool) and CvS2, so yeah. Good times.

Who else plays FGs?

sf3 third strike, i play a mean q. been trying to learn 12 but its just not worth it lol, luckily i was interested enough in q to work through his bottom tier slowness.

I'm just a casual fan and not a competitive player at all, but I did follow high level SC2 and generally the competitive FG scene for a while in the past... I've spent some time playing Marvel vs. Capcom and Last Blade 2 online with Kaillera lately, but again those are just casual scrub matches...

Soul Calibur 2/3 (Ivy) and SSBM (Mario, Mewtwo sometimes :/ )
I'm not that good at all though...
Also some casual Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (read: anyone who knows how to play will beat me)

The Soul Calibur and Super Smash Bro. series have always been some of my favorite video games ever. I use Ivy and Setsuka in SC, and Marth and Pikachu in Smash.

Any and all fighting games that there are to play, I play.

3rd Strike: Dudley, Makoto, Ken, Yang
Super Turbo: Balrog, Ryu, Guile, Vega
Tekken: Jin Kazama, Mishimas, Steve Fox, Hwoarang
Smash: Doctor Mario, Peach, Ice Climbers, Fox
Guilty Gear: Faust, Sol Badguy, Holy Order Sol, Potemkin
Alpha: Sagat, Charlie, Guy, M. Bison
Marvel: MSP, MSS

3rd Strike mostly (Ibuki, occasional shoto cheese). Some SoulCal3 at my friend's house when we can be bothered to boot the PS2 up (Xianghua).

I've been considering picking up the PS2 Capcom vs. SNK 2 though... is it any good?

norulz

excellent
Battle Arena Toshinden back in '98

Tekken gave away good memories too. Always chose Paul Phoenix/Nina Williams

Besides that, and Mortal Kombat, which everyone probably played, haven't played much fighting games

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Soul Calibur 2/3--Nightmare/Voldo
Super Smash Brothers Melee-Luigi, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Fox, Samus, Marth, Ice Climbers, Marth, Zelda AND Sheik, and Game and Watch.
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2-Juggernaut/Iceman/Hayate

I'm mainly a KoF player but I apreciate Capcom too. In the Versus series, my teams consist of Zangief/Filler/Filler but I like Roll, Akuma, Juggernaut, Dark Sakura, Dan, High Speed Venom. When SNK is in the mix, Yuri, Rugal and Geese are common choices.

Soul Calibur 2/3 -- Voldo or Cervantes
Tekken -- King or Christy

I live and Breathe Fighting game but these are the ones I am best at

Holy crap, someone not from a fighting game forum that plays GG (Basics), I would argue that its the best 2d fighting game out there. I play Faust and Potemkin, and I REALLY wish I could get my hands on Accent core.

The only other game I play competitvely is MvC2. Team Scrub for life (Sentinel/Cable/Captain Commando)

Really only Super Smash Bros Melee. I play Ganondorf the best, along with Falco.

Pretty much the only other one I play is Soul Caliber 2 with Cassandra and Nightmare.

Based on this, I'm the only one who seems to play best with Bowser on Smash =/

I was good with Link on SC2 when my friend rented it, too.

I don't play many fighters besides GG X (May, Dizzy), Bloody Roar 2 (Jenny) and Azumanga Daioh's fighting game (sort of a gimmick but fun nontheless. Burst cat is asdf)

Love fighting games. Spent most of my teenage years at the arcades (back when you could still find them on the malls) playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2: Felicia/Gambit/Jin, i bought it for PS2 as soon as it came out.

I also play SC3 and 2, 3rd strike, SF Alpha Antology, Guilty GEar, Capcom vs SNK 2, i mainly play 2-D fighter games

Tekken 5

I'm a moderator at tekkenzaibatsu.com for the t5:dr general forums and nina forums.

I play a lil mvc2 and 3s as well. I've played other games before too.

Jwong owned me at cal poly in a t5 tourney match. It isn't even his main game and he wrecked my shit. That nuked my self-esteem.

Well, I really don't play many fighting games unless SSB counts, if it does, then I would say thatthat has to be one of my favorites of all time

Only SSBM... I've had nobody to play with for so long that apparently my Young Link beat classic mode on Very Hard with 2 stock o_o;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)