ORAS NU Ferret Spam- A Dual RMT

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK OK YOU CAN STOP SPAMMING ME FOR PU TEAMS NOW GUYS SMFH just like it first imo

264.gif

Linoone is an amazing lower tier Pokemon. I don't have a reason I started using it really, I just sort of picked it out to make a new PU team with because setup sweepers are broken. Then I sorta started using it in NU a lot and this happened. Linoone is cool and here are some teams for it.
One thing to note is that the PU one is intended more to be stolen, while I'm looking for NU rates. PU is my main tier and I feel fairly confident in the team, especially since it's Anty approved™, and while fixes are certainly possible, I'm more looking for NU rates as it's not my main tier and I already know I'm weak to some things and stuff. Maybe that sounds overconfident in this team but PU is kinda broken right now and this is a pretty good demonstration of that imo. Anyway, onto the teams (PU is first because you'll look at it as you're scrolling to the tier you've played).

No song, get your own music sigh
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PU

264.png

For anybody reading this who doesn't know PU for whatever reason, setup sweepers have recently gotten ridiculously good. Golduck, Carracosta, Barbaracle and Fraxure all started to spike, but I decided to go with ferret just because.
264.png
689.png

Added Barbaracle because the two can overwhelm Sash Kadabra, the best all around sweeper check, as well as punish bulky grasses which normally fail to wall both in one game.
264.png
689.png
189.png

Memento is broken and lets Linoone actually set up, Pluff also gives me Ground and Fighting check kinda but it's really Memento here.
264.png
689.png
189.png
221.png

Rocks, all around everything check, and priority. Pilo is gud
264.png
689.png
189.png
221.png
315.png

Roselia is another nice all around check, helping me out with Electrics and Waters which currently annoy the team quite a bit (waters are really good in PU, we have like 8 fairly good ones right now). Originally it also gave Linoone spikes support but that changed eventually.
264.png
689.png
189.png
221.png
315.png
326.png

This used to be Politoed for even more insurance versus waters, but I manned up and used a lesser water check that gave me something to stop Duosion that didn't involve mementoing and belly drumming on it, as well as a psychic switchin and fire check.

In Depth:

264.gif
@
sitrus-berry.png

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb
This is basically standard PU linoone, or it at least ought to be. The analysis says zero speed which loses out on fast Misdreavus, not sure why but this beats max neutral base 85's, basically for Missy. The move set is pretty standard, with BD+Espeed being the crux of the set and Shadow Claw and Seed Bomb hitting dem immunities/resists.

689.gif
@
whiteherb.png

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell
Following up my standard setup sweeper with a basic setup sweeper item and basic EV spread, nature and moves, we have another standard setup sweeper with a basic setup sweeper item etc. etc. Standard Barb is so good right now, there just isn't much reason to deviate. Smash+Dual STAB bops a good majority of the tier, and Poison Jab can now be run over Aerial Ace (cya wrath ;_;) to KO most bulky Grasses and weaken defensive Tangela for Linoone. I want to be original but there it is, welcome to PU. Adamant is nice for KOs on stuff like Gogoat and being generally broken but run Jolly for things like Scarf Sawsbuck and it'll still be good.

189.gif

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Memento
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
Who needs innovation when you can run Anty sets? Standard Memento Jumpluff, although the potential Sleep Powder was replaced with U-turn because I have it on Roselia. This won't use its STAB moves most games, it normally comes in to either U-turn on the Kadabra (give me momentum or a broken sash, either way) or click Memento, but occasionally I'll revenge a weakened Machoke or KO a Barbaracle or something. I swear the next mon isn't 100% standard.

221.gif
@
evolutionstone.png

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Toxic
- Earthquake
And by that I mean I just ran Toxic over Icicle Spear because crippling random things is really underrated (also makes me not die to Rotom-F so hard). Other than that, standard Pilo. When stealing this, don't forget to creep as much as you want for Probopass, although I don't plan to show how much I creep in the RMT. The rest doesn't really need explaining, offensive SR Piloswine has been a god for a very ling time and it will always put in work.

TO THE PEOPLE RATING/STEALING: I THINK TOXIC WORKS BETTER ON THIS TEAM. IF YOU WANT TO RUN ICICLE SPEAR INSTEAD, GO AHEAD.

326.gif
@
leftovers.png

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast
Grumpig might be my favorite mon to use in PU, which is a good thing because it gets slapped on so many of my teams as an all around Ice and Fire check. With Pawniard out of the tier, I didn't find any need for creeping, so I simply maximized bulk and offense. The moveset is the fairly standard STAB/dont loose to Duosion/would you rather beat fast things or other pigs/hits Probo and other stuff. Signal Beam is better than Twave here because otherwise my Psychic switch-in cant actually hit Psychics which isn't something I'd recommend.

315.gif
@
evolutionstone.png

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder
Hey look my second S rank and finally not a bog standard set! Offensive Roselia is really cool right now, defensive is still better overall as a water check but offensive puts so much pressure on teams right off the bat just because of how little switches into its dual STAB. Leaf Storm (another Anty special™) and Sludge Bomb make Rose really hard to switch into, Synthesis gives some passive healing, and Sleep Powder cripples slower things like Machoke and makes Roselia even harder to switch into. It doesn't actually have Spikes/TSpikes, which was really odd on paper, but this is more for checking Raichu, Clefairy, grasses and waters while giving my team something to break before setting up. Oh, and speed beats out Gogoat because not much reason not to. "Standard" beats out max neutral base 45s but fast Armaldo and Golem are really rare and I like the bulk more.
Hax: A team this offensive needs a lot of momentum and stuff, so it's far more susceptible to hax and you can and will lose games to smaller chances :/
Other memento users: This is broken lol. The team beats, for example, other smashers, by not letting them set up on anything, but if they memento Piloswine or something you're probably in trouble
Dusknoir: Cant really switch into or set up on this well, try to annoy it with Rose and Toxic it with Piloswine
Ursaring: Very underrated rn, I cant switch into stoutland either but it doesnt switch into me and I can use it as smash fodder. Ursaring doesnt get locked in, so it can punish me with CC rather nicely

These games are actually pretty good imo
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-256646233 - Vs Anty the god
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-256448697 - Vs PUTL Magnemite
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-256970614 - Vs Anty the god again
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-256770203 - Vs a good team with multiple setup sweeper checks

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Memento
- Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

gasquakee ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Anty because I used a lot of his sets and they're all good
Mistress Remilia play more PU smfh
other roomauth
Dundies only tagging to tell you how bad you are
Austin for accidentally Skype calling right as I was doing the shootouts
[15:48] Rhythms: you fucking
[15:48] Rhythms: asswipe
[15:48] Rhythms: edit your post
[15:48] Rhythms: shout me out
[15:48] Rhythms: ty
ily langur

NU
holy shit I'm barely halfway there wtf sigh

264.png
689.png

Once again, Linoone and Barbaracle make up the sweeper core since they break shit down together. Plus it's fun :D
264.png
689.png
435.png

Memento+Pursuit trap? YES PLEASE
264.png
689.png
435.png
127.png

This is where the process gets a little disjointed as I went through a lot of choices to end up here, which I'm not gonna document because too long. Pinsir currently holds the slot as a lead SR user that gives me something to also check psychics and hit garb
264.png
689.png
435.png
127.png
062.png

I don't feel guilty about using this since NU already stole it. Wrath gives me a Klinklang + Water + Fire + Combusken check, as well as helping out versus Archeops and Rhydon. This slot was a Grumpig for a lot of the time though (cool mon in NU rn ngl)
264.png
689.png
435.png
127.png
062.png
124.png

Jynx fills in the last slot as another sash user, sleep inducer, water check, and generally hard to switch into thingy. It's just all around really good rn

In Depth:

264.gif
@
sitrus-berry.png

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
EVs:
156 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 96 Spe (Blast)
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Belly Drum
- Seed Bomb / Dig
- Shadow Claw

MORE FERRETS :D Once again I have the same standard Linoone setup. Wheras I could afford to put more bulk into the PU one, in NU I like to beat non-Scarf Rotom, and at that point the bulk is negligible so I put the rest into speed for random things that I'm not using Espeed against. Moveset is once again Setup/fast move/hit resists to fast move but Dig is an alternate option for OHKOing Klinklang and defensive Mawile (even at +5). Overall Seed Bomb is more useful for stuff like Rhydon, but Dig is a really fun option that works too.

The new EVs outspeed Kabutops which is pretty much the only relevant Espeed resist in the speed tier.

689.gif
@
whiteherb.png

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Return
- Earthquake / Grass Knot (run -spdef if using this)
- Razor Shell

MORE BARNACLES :D Except he has a legitimately different moveset. Smash+Razor Shell is obligatory, but in NU EQ and Return get better coverage than PJab and Edge. Return is actually really cool neutral coverage since you can hit basically everything you want to without missing, and just KO things like, idk, Primeape, safely. Earthquake lets me OHKO Lanturn and Garbodor without missing / recoil as well as hitting KLINKLANG I HATE THIS MON, although Grass Knot is definitely a good option for Quagsire. Unlike PU, Jolly really doesn't do anything so I guess there's that.

435.gif
@
blackglasses.png

Skuntank @ Lum Berry (HJAD)
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 56 HP / 228 Atk / 80 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
-
Poison Jab (HJAD)
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Skuntank is such a cool drop, like Memento Jumpluff is nice but this is something else. The first thing that stands out is that ungodly EV spread, which was given to me by SilverReaper21 because it beats out neutral max base 70 mons (like samurott) and lives something idr while getting as much attack as possible. Sucker/Pursuit is pretty mandatory, and Memento was thrown on because Linoone, with the last slot going to Fire Blast so I'm not fucked vs Klinklang (this slot can definitely be changed @ raters). Threw on Blackglasses because it's offensive Skunk, have considered Black Sludge/Custap Berry but never really switched over and I don't think anything fits better.

I now have Lum Berry + Poison Jab to check Lilligant and give me a reliable STAB move thanks to HJAD, Fire Blast isn't missed as Wrath does what I needed it for
481.gif
@
colbur-berry.png

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Signal Beam
- Thunderbolt
Thanks to Blast for this one. Slot used to be SR Pinsir, but Mesprit came on as a better offensive Gurdurr and Malamar check, a somewhat more reliable SR user, and another Psychic Spam Pokemon. Not really a crazy moveset, I needed SR/STAB/Signal Beam to cover my main threats. After that, Thunderbolt is currently on over U-turn or Healing Wish (or HP ground ?_?) because it helps out a bit with Xatu, waters, etc. I might end up changing to U-turn but it feels pretty solid for now, and Mesprit goes very nicely with Jynx to just spam Psychic-type moves.

062.gif
@
leftovers.png

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature

- Scald
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Beam
- Encore

I'm a PU player, wat do .-. Wrath just got tossed on as a basic all around check just like it was in PU. Right now I need it mostly for Gurdurr, Rhydon and Klinklang, although the priority is really nice and it checks so much other random stuff like Mawile. This is basic offensive Wrath with enough speed for max adamant Mawile because it's a threat. Moves are again mostly standard with Scald for main burny STAB, Vwave for priority, and Ice Beam to hit grasses. In the last slot I've been using Psychic as the main move so I can beat Gurdurr without relying on Hydro misses bopping me (Gurdurr is another threat). Encore is also fun for screwing around with BU and stuff and I'd use it on Wrath a lot more if I didn't want the accurate option in that slot. With Mesprit over Pinsir as per Blast's change, Encore has become the main move.
124.gif
@
focussash.png

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
Jynx brings to the table
two more really inaccurate moves a strong dual STAB w/ nice coverage + sleep, you cant really go wrong with it. Similar to Roselia on the other team, it's great to just lead off with and immediately get the upper hand quite a bit. This is absolutely standard with no deviation, so I guess I'll just say sash lets you take one hit from basically everything and gets used 9 games out of 10, while you just sleep things and spam your strong moves (or miss and die). It's great for stealing back momentum and checking water types, and it alone of this team I think ought to be a safe slot with no set/mon changes (but what do I know). I found that AV Magmortar/Hariyama were getting pretty annoying so Psyshock over Psychic.
Hax: Once again, very offensive team relies on not missing moves, but when I have Hydro/Lovely Kiss/Focus Blast/Fire Blast/Razor Shell, that's a lot of moves with the potential to miss
Gurdurr: Takes hits from both Linoone and Barb after setup, can be set up on when it's at -2 by both but can simply BU on the Memento to prevent it, I don't have great switchins
Rhydon/Archeops: LOOK AT ALL MY EQ SWITCHINS and rock polish sucks
Quagisre/Ferroseed: Bulky things that can beat my boosting sweepers, I can normally weaken ferro but quag is definitely annoying
Malamar: Eats hits from everything but Pinsir and can absorb sleep but dies to set up stuff and has a harder time coming in so generally not as bad as the first mons

for some reason these extra spoilers form again every time I delete them even though other changes save. The same issue is also happening with past members now, this happens with too many of my spoilers
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Most of these have Grumpig since Poliwrath is a fairly recent replacement, but they should still give a fairly good idea about the team and the bottom one actually has wrath
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-257915314 - Shows off how strong dual setup can be
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-258548330 - Vs Realistic Waters
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-258858835 - Has Wrath vs Metaphysical

127.gif
@
focussash.png

Pinsir @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
Pinsir forms part 1 of my dual sash user without hazard support or taunt core, and gives me a reliable SR user (and by that I mean fuck xatu) while also helping check Psychic types (this is my best thing for Malamar :/). The moveset is pretty self explanatory, SR and STAB followed by EQ for Garb and fires and Knock to cripple things like lead custap Crustle and hit Ghosts that don't expect the sash or something. Opted to run Jolly because I've legit seen fast Jolly Malamar on Combusken pass just to mess with would be checks and stuff as well as beating +speed things around Pinsir's speed tier (also rare but they sometimes get the jump on stuff like Magmortar or whatever), although I suppose Adamant is fine too.

This used to be in Mesprit's slot but was swapped out as per Blast's advice

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Belly Drum
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw

Barbaracle @ White Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Return
- Earthquake

Skuntank @ Black Glasses
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 56 HP / 228 Atk / 80 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Pinsir @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Sir Kay HJAD SilverReaper21 Syncrasy nice people who helped me a lot with the team n_n
Deej Dy wouldn't fight me but still cool
Peli hi fren
R0ady where did you go :[

Hope you guys enjoyed stealing my PU team!

Last edited:
>helped

hey Megazard

I could rate your PU team, but that would take long af, and quite frankly its really solid and i cant think of anything so im just gonna leave it out
Onto NU! I like your team, like a lot. I really enjoy how offensive it is, with the ideal scenario that you break through a team once initially and twice for the final blow. I think the support you have for it is pretty good however you do have a couple of weakness'. The most noticeable i can see is Lilligant. With Pinsir as the Hyper Offense lead, and Skuntank losing to lilli 1v1, (no jab or punch) its quite likely it will just be a pain in the ass for you to kill. No Fighting Resist, means shit like Primeape, Sawk, and Gurdurr cause huge headaches, since their CCs will kill absolutely everything. Each of those mons also have a party piece that make them individually difficult to kill (uturn, sturdy, mach). With both of your settup mons weak to fighting, its imperative you kinda "fix" this. No Normal Resist, not as crucial as fighting since a lot of your shit either settup or check normal mons fine, but again, you might need something to check them once in a while. CM Psychics also cause headaches, again, you have Jynx to kinda psuedo check, same as Pinsir but both dont really beat them, especially since they have other shit to be doing.

Onto my reccomendations, I think Choice Scarf Rotom > Jynx could help you out massively vs the afformentioned threats. Apart from Lilligant, CS Rotom finds a way to check them all, and with will-o-wisp + trick utility, its just as useful as Jynx to prevent settup sweepers and possibly make your own oppurtuinites for settup, luring in ground types and wisping them for baracle. It provides a deterence for Sawk and Primeape especially to click Close Combat, which sometimes means if you play it right you can use them for settup fodder for your settup sweeping core. Next Up, i think you should run Poison Jab > Fire Blast and Lum Berry > Glasses on Skuntank. The reason for this was so that Lilligant was less of a problem for you to deal with, and since this is Hyper Offense, you can afford to have your one time only check on the hope you get opputuinties later to settup. Fire Blast only really hit Pawniard and KK, and since we have a Poliwrath to check both, it can often be found as redundant. Finally, i would definately reccomend Psychic on Poliwrath as well as Scald > Hydro Pump. Scald lets it be more reliable ~~and burn more~~ at checking stuff like KK which you dont neccesarily want to be using any 3 of your stabs. Psychic so you have another Psuedo Gurdurr check, which is looking quite scary.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

hope i helped now fren n_n, good luck in all you do in the future
~HJAD

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah, thanks for the fast r8 m8. Going with Lum+PJab+Scald without a second thought, after I added wrath FB was mostly filler and blackglasses always were + fucking missing oml. Will have to test rotom, I don't enjoy losing jynx but it definitely sounds solid, thanks!

also scarf wisp rotom is trash imo i'll probably go with HP grass to help with rhydon + quagsire which are both already threats

that reminds me, adding quagsire + ferroseed to threat list because I forgot, not too unstoppable of threats but definitely deserve a mention

Ah, thanks for the fast r8 m8. Going with Lum+PJab+Scald without a second thought, after I added wrath FB was mostly filler and blackglasses always were + fucking missing oml. Will have to test rotom, I don't enjoy losing jynx but it definitely sounds solid, thanks!

also scarf wisp rotom is trash imo i'll probably go with HP grass to help with rhydon + quagsire which are both already threats

that reminds me, adding quagsire + ferroseed to threat list because I forgot, not too unstoppable of threats but definitely deserve a mention
Scarf Wisp is a nice middle ground play when you are stuck deciding to go for volt switch on the skunk, or shadow ball on the rhydon / bulky ground. i can understand your concern tho, especially when running ho

hi

Cool teams here, I'm just gonna rate the PU one ofc. Overall, I can't find too many glaring weaknesses, as the two biggest threats in the tier right now, Barbaracle and Carracosta can't really set up on anything. Knock Off Simipour could be a pain, but you have Synthesis Roselia + Grumpig, so I don't see it being that big of a problem.

One small fix that I think could make a pretty big difference for your team is changing Roselia's set by changing Sleep Powder --> Toxic Spikes. This is the set I've been using recently, as most of the Pokemon you would use Sleep Powder against, you can just KO with Sludge Bomb / Leaf Storm (Piloswine for example) or set up Toxic Spikes against. Toxic Spikes would help you to wear down things like Tangela, which can individually check Barbaracle and Linoone, even if it has problems checking both.

With this change, I think it's best you change U-turn --> Sleep Powder on Jumpluff, therefore you still have a way to put asleep Pokemon that annoy your team, and it will make up for the absence of it on Roselia.

With the addition of Toxic Spikes to Roselia, I find it unnecessary to have Toxic on Piloswine, so I would recommend you change Toxic --> Icicle Spear. This will allow you to hit things Ground resists (ie: Grass-types) for much more damage, along with Roselia's Toxic Spikes to help you out.

tl;dr:

Roselia @ Eviolite | Natural Cure
228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe | Modest
Leaf Storm | Sludge Bomb | Toxic Spikes | Synthesis

Jumpluff @ No Item | Infiltrator
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Jolly
Sleep Powder | Acrobatics | Seed Bomb | Memento

Piloswine @ Eviolite | Thick Fat
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Icicle Spear | Ice Shard

Dundies only tagging to tell you how bad you are
thx !!!

MZ

Dundies
You can run this if you want, but it feels like more of a cosmetic than meaningful change tbh (and I've gotten the exact same suggestions before). The issues come from this. First, I don't really need Toxic Spikes. If anything I'd run spikes (and subsequently leave toxic on pilo) because of the KOs that they can grab for ferret/barb, although I feel confident without them. Second, sleep is really good on rose for obvious reasons, and I don't like losing it, although it absolutely could. Third, I feel like U-Turn Jumpluff works better on a team here, as the extra fast pivot to wear down things like Kadabra or Ursaring really does come in handy. If the change was more essential I'd at least slash them, but this is basically because people think rose needs spikes (which it does most of the time and certainly always on defensive) rather than actually helping.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
What kind of Politoed were you running before you changed it to Grumpig? From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure it was the Defensive Set with Perish Song/Toxic (but if it wasn't, ignore this).
May I suggest reverting to Politoed, except using an Offensive set with Encore instead? It will help you against water spam and it also provides a way of checking/annoying Duosion with Encore rather than Taunt. The reason I am suggesting this is because Encore can help a ton with set-up opportunities for Linoone and Barb.

(hope you like this gif)

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Encore
- Ice Beam
- HP Electric/Focus Blast

Another set you could run is Offensive Monferno with Encore instead of Thunderpunch. Like Grumpig, Monf provides a (worse) check to Fire-and-Ice Types, but it has some important attributes to differ itself. First of all, Encore, of course. Secondly, it has Mach Punch, which is weak but allows you to revenge Carracosta after it takes Earthquake + Ice Shard damage from Piloswine. Carracosta could otherwise 6-0 your team after setting up on Pilo (yes it tanks Pilo's EQ easily ;_; Costa is beyond dumb)

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Encore

Also, I agree with Dundies to use an Ice STAB on Piloswine, however Icicle Crash >>> Icicle Spear, and running a speed creep to outspeed Gourgeist-Super would be really nice, as Barb really struggles with it.

MZ

What kind of Politoed were you running before you changed it to Grumpig? From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure it was the Defensive Set with Perish Song/Toxic (but if it wasn't, ignore this).
May I suggest reverting to Politoed, except using an Offensive set with Encore instead? It will help you against water spam and it also provides a way of checking/annoying Duosion with Encore rather than Taunt. The reason I am suggesting this is because Encore can help a ton with set-up opportunities for Linoone and Barb.

(hope you like this gif)

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Encore
- Ice Beam
- HP Electric/Focus Blast

Another set you could run is Offensive Monferno with Encore instead of Thunderpunch. Like Grumpig, Monf provides a (worse) check to Fire-and-Ice Types, but it has some important attributes to differ itself. First of all, Encore, of course. Secondly, it has Mach Punch, which is weak but allows you to revenge Carracosta after it takes Earthquake + Ice Shard damage from Piloswine. Carracosta could otherwise 6-0 your team after setting up on Pilo (yes it tanks Pilo's EQ easily ;_; Costa is beyond dumb)

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Encore

Also, I agree with Dundies to use an Ice STAB on Piloswine, however Icicle Crash >>> Icicle Spear, and running a speed creep to outspeed Gourgeist-Super would be really nice, as Barb really struggles with it.
So I was in fact running offensive encore toed, and I don't plan to go back, and for similar reasons I don't plan to go to monferno too. Neither can check psychics like Grumpig can, or check ice/fire types as well, and mach punch isn't really useful versus something that's got aqua jet, not sure why that's the suggestion. Costa is absolutely a threat, but following EQ+Ice Shard, Linoone actually is capable of revenging it, and that's assuming it started at full health. Like I said opposing memento offensive teams are a pain and I generally rely on my own offensive pressure to be faster with sleep rose and U-turn jumpluff to take the momentum, and while something like Kadabra makes sense that would force me into the same standard HO team that Linoone wouldnt exactly fit on the best + is too basic. RN these things are manageable and I don't feel like either of those suggestions actually do anything to help with carracosta, but thanks!

As far as running ice STAB goes, Spear is better imo and I still don't plan to do it. I'd rather toxic gourgeist and wear it down than do too little with crash and I still like running toxic. If anybody who steals the team wants to run spear, it's still fine and won't make a huge difference, I just prefer toxic on this team.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, I also think Linoone is really underrated and it's cool to see some people are using it (mostly here to rate the NU team btw). Just reviewing some of the changes already made I'm not sure if Scarf Rotom is the way to go here: the main issue I see with it is that it's tons weaker than Jynx is, and I don't think the loss of power is optimal when Jynx is pretty much the strongest immediate attacker on the team. If you do decide to go with Rotom I'd say a Spell Tag or Specs set would work better but I think Jynx is fine as is.

If you're finding that you're too weak to Gurdurr then the main thing I'd suggest is to try Stealth Rock Mesprit over Pinsir. It provides a great check to that and if you run Signal Beam, you're still able to check Malamar like Pinsir did. It does make you weaker to CM Psychics, so if you're afraid of that you can try Nasty Plot over Psychic on Jynx, which lets you put a lot more pressure on them especially with Lovely Kiss. Between that, Skuntank, and pressure from the rest of the team, those should be covered fine too.

@ Colbur Berry / Leftovers / Life Orb | Levitate
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Stealth Rock | Psychic | Signal Beam | Thunderbolt

(^ that set can be tweaked to whatever you want tbh, but that's probably a good template to start from judging from the rest of your team)

From there Psychic isn't needed on Poliwrath anymore so you're free to just run either Encore or Focus Blast, the latter being useful to dent opposing Water-types and such.

Those above changes don't really help with Normal-types but if you want something for that I'd just use Shuca Berry on Barbaracle. I don't think you need to go out of your way to deal with them since you already have lots of priority, so Shuca should be fine to give a nice one-time switchin to Tauros and Kangaskhan.

Also if you're running Adamant Linoone then the most Speed I would bother with is 96, which beats Kabutops which is the only relevant ESpeed resist in between those Speed tiers. It isn't that important to beat Rotom because they almost always run Timid even on non-Scarf sets, which outspeeds you anyway.

So yeah cool team, hope I helped and I hope more people catch onto Linoone. Gl with the team

MZ

Hey there, I also think Linoone is really underrated and it's cool to see some people are using it (mostly here to rate the NU team btw). Just reviewing some of the changes already made I'm not sure if Scarf Rotom is the way to go here: the main issue I see with it is that it's tons weaker than Jynx is, and I don't think the loss of power is optimal when Jynx is pretty much the strongest immediate attacker on the team. If you do decide to go with Rotom I'd say a Spell Tag or Specs set would work better but I think Jynx is fine as is.

If you're finding that you're too weak to Gurdurr then the main thing I'd suggest is to try Stealth Rock Mesprit over Pinsir. It provides a great check to that and if you run Signal Beam, you're still able to check Malamar like Pinsir did. It does make you weaker to CM Psychics, so if you're afraid of that you can try Nasty Plot over Psychic on Jynx, which lets you put a lot more pressure on them especially with Lovely Kiss. Between that, Skuntank, and pressure from the rest of the team, those should be covered fine too.

@ Colbur Berry / Leftovers / Life Orb | Levitate
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Stealth Rock | Psychic | Signal Beam | Thunderbolt

(^ that set can be tweaked to whatever you want tbh, but that's probably a good template to start from judging from the rest of your team)

From there Psychic isn't needed on Poliwrath anymore so you're free to just run either Encore or Focus Blast, the latter being useful to dent opposing Water-types and such.

Those above changes don't really help with Normal-types but if you want something for that I'd just use Shuca Berry on Barbaracle. I don't think you need to go out of your way to deal with them since you already have lots of priority, so Shuca should be fine to give a nice one-time switchin to Tauros and Kangaskhan.

Also if you're running Adamant Linoone then the most Speed I would bother with is 96, which beats Kabutops which is the only relevant ESpeed resist in between those Speed tiers. It isn't that important to beat Rotom because they almost always run Timid even on non-Scarf sets, which outspeeds you anyway.

So yeah cool team, hope I helped and I hope more people catch onto Linoone. Gl with the team
Thanks for the rate! After testing rotom I was planning to actually fully replace Jynx, but I'll test Mesprit first and see how that goes. About the other suggestions though, I'm uncertain that NP>Psychic is great here just because, as my strongest immediate attacker, I end up using psychic, along with all of its moves, in most of the games I play, although it's worth considering. Also not sure about shuca since getting EQ'd means I'm getting 2hko'd anyway and white herb is really useful a lot of the time. Mostly posting now to say I'll just change linoone to 96 speed, I don't really see a reason why not to. I'm gonna test and probably update this with a changed mon in a day or 3.

I'd still recommend creeping a bit on pig at least for opposing pig which you can sorta 1v1 with taunt + signal beam.. team seems pretty solid aside, cant go wrong w/ memento + sweepers.

also not even including in shoutouts is lame af

MZ

I'd still recommend creeping a bit on pig at least for opposing pig which you can sorta 1v1 with taunt + signal beam.. team seems pretty solid aside, cant go wrong w/ memento + sweepers.

also not even including in shoutouts is lame af
I'd shout you out if you played PU
Probably worth creeping but I feel bad putting it in an rmt so I'll just leave it.

After testing I decided Blast's changes worked better (sorry hjad) so I'm gonna update the rmt with mesprit>pinsir and encore on wrath. Didn't like NP Jynx tho, losing psychic sucked, and speaking of psychic running Psyshock instead because I've found AV Yama/Mag are pretty annoying for the team. Thanks again for all the rates!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)