Monotype Fairy Monotype Assistance?

Hello! I'm super new to the forums and if my posts isn't up to par, I thoroughly apologize to the mods that have to put the effort into having to take it down! I'll try my best to properly ask for help! All is deeply appreciated!

My team is more or less for Showdown's Monotype section and strangely, everytime I use it, I either sweep or get sweeped. Here's the squadron!

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Naive
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

I decided to use Diancie because [1] not only does it provide a valuable, powerful Rock-type move that can get rid of dangerous Steel threats, [2] it can also be remarkably bulky if push comes to shove with Diamond Storm's occasional +1.5 to Defense. [3] When against Flying or part-Flying types, who I have few counters for, Diamond Storm also comes in great assistance. Especially around a major member of Flying or Fire Monotypes, Charizard Y.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere

Of all my Pokemon, I believe that Togekiss is the star of the team. [1] With the use of the infamous Paraflinch, I can often outspeed most threats that aren't an Electric type. Even with major Dragon threats (Poison Jab Haxerous) Togekiss is bulky enough to survive a hit to use Thunder Wave and outspeed to activate Paraflinch. [2] Leftovers allows small bits of healing that can keep Togekiss in the battle even after super-effective moves such as Iron Head or Sludge Wave. Togekiss's natural defenses allow them to be a welcome bit of assistance. [3] Aura Sphere allows type diversity, and -along with Fire Blast- Assist in taking out one of Fairy's big threats: Steel Types.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

I decided to use Azumarill because of its infamous reputation and incredible ability of Huge Power. [1] This form of Azumarill is clearly as basic as an Azumarill build can get. Using Huge Power and EVs both to improve Azumarill's initially poor Attack. Belly Drum then boosts the Attack up to super high levels. Aqua Jet allows Azumarill to move first despite the -50 to health. With the boost of Attack, it can easily take out big defensive Pokemon like Metagross when the others are fainted. [2] Knock Off is actually oddly useful, since with tanks like Chansey and Clefable. Their Leftovers or Eviolite would be rendered useless and due to Huge Power, take out a nice chunk of health as well. [3] Play Rough is simply to add more diversity and more Fairy-type moves which have few resistances to.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Light Screen
- Reflect

As it can be seen, Klefki isn't an attacker. Klefki usually if my leader because of the need for walls. [1] Light Screen and Reflect are used to take out some percent of damage generated by all types. Usually I pull up one or the other first (courtesy of Prankster allowing it priority) depending on who the opponent brings out first. [2] Toxic is simply used to gradually poison an entire team, given Prankster's power to make it go first. Klefki's high defenses can tank out most hits as the toxic does its work.[3] Foul Play is mostly a shoved-in move. It does have its uses for taking out any Swords Dance Pokemon, but isn't entirely as helpful as it could be because of Klefki's Waller status. It is mostly there for Type Diversity.

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
EVs: 200 Def / 72 SpA / 236 SpD
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Stealth Rock

In contrast to most uses for Clefable, I decided to make my Clefable the resident trickster tank. [1] Soft-boiled serves as a purpose to revive health, especially when facing the Mega or star of another team. It can also serve as a trickster function, forcing the opponent to try and faint a constantly healing heavyweight. [2] Thunderbolt serves a similar function to Klefki's Foul Play. It may not be STAB, but allows Type Diversity and a last resort kind of move if I am all out of options. [3] Trick is the Key Component to this Clefable build. Using trick, I can easily destroy more efficient tanks such as Chansey by perpetually Toxic-ing them despite their attempts to use moves like Refresh or Heal Bell. This can also lean into using Soft-boiled, since a typical Tank/Wall Chansey will have one attack move. Clefable will be able to simply heal any significant damage and wait for Refresh to run out of PP and the trick'd Toxic Orb to slowly faint the Chansey or whatnot in question. [4] Stealth Rock serves as the token hazard. If there seems to be a stalemate, using the hazard to take out Charizard Y's HP can prove to be invaluable to my slightly slower Pokemon, such as Diancie.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 88 SpD / 168 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Wish
- Psyshock

Sylveon, my final, is also the weirdest in terms of use. It's Special Defense is very high, but as is its Special Attack. So instead of picking or the other, I went with both. Sylveon takes enough hits to make my Togekiss or Clefable jealous and hits back just as hard. [1] Leftovers assist in this hardiness since it can save me from get 2 hit-KO'd with just a few points. It also can help Wish, making a mere 90% revival to a perfect 100% revival. [2] Hyper Voice is the STAB move that is Go-To for this Sylveon. It hits all types hard as a tank, though it can be hard to get to that point with Steel or Poisons. Usually if I ever need to get rid of a particularly annoying Pokemon I know has problems in the Special Defense portion, I will let Sylveon rid of them. [3] Shadow Ball and Psyshock are mostly for type-diversity. Shadow Ball can easily dispatch speedy sweepers like Mega Alakazam and Psyshock is a small arrow to the Poison type's Achilles heel. Unfortunately, Psyshock does not do as much damage as to actually dispatch the dangerous Poisons swiftly as needed. [4] Wish is what makes this Sylveon as important as it is. Using Wish, I can either heal Sylveon (who might be hanging on only due to the Leftovers) or another -better suited- Pokemon who was injured or will be by hazards. It can be a good way to get back on my feet for a better sense of success.

I would be eternally grateful is someone would help me fix this team! I know Fairy has problems due to their lack of counters to their weaknesses, but I know it can work! Thank you in advance and sorry if this isn't enough for a proper post!

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Hey there, cool looking team! Here's a few suggestions that'll help you out.

Your team lacks Speed control so I recommend putting a Choice Scarf > Leftovers on Togekiss or at least Thunder Wave > Toxic on Klefki to fix the Speed issue because you're in need of that as well as as revenge killer. Mega Scizor is a big threat to Fairy-type teams and as of right now your team loses to pretty much any Steel-type. You can fix this by changing Klefki to max Defense so it can eat hits from Scizor better, or you could put Babiri Berry on Togekiss to lure Mega Scizor as well as other Steel-types, but then you won't have a reliable revenge killer and Thunder Wave will be your only form of Speed control.

+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 248 HP / 52 Def Babiri Berry Togekiss: 237-279 (63.5 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
32 SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Scizor: 384-452 (111.9 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Clefable won't be able to eat up any hits if you don't have any HP on it. Since Clefable is your backbone for Pokemon that you don't have solid switchins for such as Mega Lopunny and Thundurus, I recommend running the OU spread as well as moveset, because your current set is very gimmicky and doesn't make use of Clefable's best qualities and potential.

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 169-200 (42.8 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The last recommendation I have is running enough Speed on Azumarill to outspeed Skarmory. Belly Drum Azumarill is your win condition against Steel-type teams, so once you get an opportunity to set up, you want to be able to OHKO Skarmory with Knock Off if its Sturdy is broken because you can't afford to take damage from it because of how much priority Steel teams can carry.

0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 129-153 (35.4 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 109-129 (29.9 - 35.4%) -- 26.6% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 144-171 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

According to those calcs, if Skarmory outspeeds you and hits you with Brave Bird, your opponent will be able to sack Bisharp and put you in range of Mega Scizor's Bullet Punch which can finish off the rest of your team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast / Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Trick

or

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 32 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Hope I helped, good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)