Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay you might at first think this is lame, but I think it's a great idea to quickly update people on important events that are going on at smogon.com. since facebook can be used to send people text updates on phones it could also work to notify people of important happening within the site before they even sit down at to computer! imagine leaving the site, due to sluggishness, and not having to check the smogon front page everyday and browsing through to forums just to find out that nothing is going on, where as facebook is a pretty normal part of a lot of people's lifes already, like checking email, and they would instantly know if something was going on anywhere in the site (higher ups from every board would have the password).

These are two different things. The former one was suggesting making an App for shoddy. This one is suggesting making an official Fan Page for Smogon (as in run by the Smogon staff). This idea I feel actually has some merit to it. I know that when Team Fortress 2 has updates, they post it on their facebook fan page as well, so all their fans can see it as well on facebook. Since I doubt many people check the smogon front page to see the news, I see this as a viable alternative, although I would like to see what others say first.

oh my bad, I was talking more about updates than actually playing but that thread pretty much covers it. hope someone gets it done, and I wish I knew how so I could help =P

These are two different things. The former one was suggesting making an App for shoddy. This one is suggesting making an official Fan Page for Smogon (as in run by the Smogon staff). This idea I feel actually has some merit to it. I know that when Team Fortress 2 has updates, they post it on their facebook fan page as well, so all their fans can see it as well on facebook. Since I doubt many people check the smogon front page to see the news, I see this as a viable alternative, although I would like to see what others say first.
thanks RB ^_^

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think it's a bad idea to have a Smogon fan page because it takes zero effort, but I doubt any News is critical enough that making a Facebook page with the intent of "more widely available news updates" would be important.

In short: Why not?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess anything that gets posted on the front page of Smogon can get posted on the facebook, and it can always just link back here for more exposure.

Doesn't seem bad.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to see this happen. There is potential for a lot of exposure from adding a Facebook group, and the amount of work needed to keep it up and running is minimal. iirc, we could also link the youtube battles to the Facebook page also, adding another way to get the Smogon name around.

Doesn't have to be just front page stuff either, there could be smaller quick updates, like tournament out comes, suspect and project voting schedules. a number of thing could be put on, and anybody with the password could make updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)