Facebook Shutting Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I logged into my Facebook account to find my friends discussing about what they were going to do when Facebook shut down. I had no idea what they were talking about, so I asked them. They told me Facebook was shutting down on March 15th. Obviously, I didn't believe them and joked about it. However, after doing a bit of Googling, I came across this article.

What do you guys think about this? Do you believe this madness? What will you do without Facebook?

Post away!

Why would Facebook shut down? It's incredibly profitable. Looking at that site, it looks like a joke.

Managing the site has become too stressful. “Facebook has gotten out of control,” said Zuckerberg in a press conference outside his Palo Alto office, “and the stress of managing this company has ruined my life. I need to put an end to all the madness.”
Um, no. It's made him rich. If he didn't want to manage it anymore he would probably sell it out (since he could get so much money from being bought out) or loosen his grip on it. 'What' press conference? I haven't seen this on any reliable source yet.

If FB shut down I wouldn't care though. :p

This is the logo of your so called reliable source -_-. Are you fucking kidding me?

More reliable source obviously. Have fun.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08/facebook-shutting-down_n_806315.html
http://www.blogtechnical.com/286/facebook-shut-down-hoax-spreads-like-fire.bt

BlogTechnical said:
So just to confirm, this is afake story by a faux news site, similar to that of The Onion and Chive. As a reminder, always fact check before passing on stories, or else what happened today will keep happening over and over (like this trend will ever stop anyway)… oh yea, use some common sense. Also, with a company estimated at being worth over $50 billion, why would anyone even think of suddenly shutting it down. As a friend said, it would obviously make sense to sell it off rather than just kill it all together.
I suggest you take the advice of the bolded next time.

Haha, I didn't notice the guy freaking out. I thought that was a globe (don't have my glasses on).

Good links, iDunno.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
FB shutting down, what a joke. Seems more like some sort of publicity stunt, and apparently it worked on your friends!

And yeah if he's "tired", he could sell it and be even richer.

e: ok lol I just noticed this on the related articles. Good shit.

Yeah, I didn't believe this stuff either. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought. And lol at the links iDunno.

Yeah, I didn't believe this stuff either. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought. And lol at the links iDunno.
"yeah.... uh, I just wanted to see if YOU believed it". The words of someone who (rightfully) feels incredibly dumb for taking a parody news site seriously.

"yeah.... uh, I just wanted to see if YOU believed it". The words of someone who (rightfully) feels incredibly dumb for taking a parody news site seriously.
Hey, well I guess it would be better if Facebook shut down anyway...I've been taking up too much of my time on it.

I think they call this "power of suggestion". I'm dumb like that.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your friends are stupid.
Also if you don't forward this topic to 20 friends your Hotmail will close down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)